• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The [NEW] Graphics Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    i was joking......

i have like 90 psds from 2 packs. and a bunch of others. without psds i wouldnt be where im at right now.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    lawls o.o -shot'd- -brick'd-

Hur hur. I've mainly used tutorials, actually. I have dozen or two PSDs from the really good people at PR (hur hur), but I just stare at them for inspiration. Because they're so pretty. And stuff. So far, there's only one PSD which I've used as a tutorial, and my outcome sucked xD Though without that one PSD, I wouldn't have learned about the awesome-ness that is displacement filters~

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Hur hur, you should ask munna (ぱにぽに) about that. He uses Illustrator to draw his rabbits stuff. I did try Illustrator a bit on my friend's laptop. I think it was slightly easier to draw. But I dunno o.o

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Oh my :/
    I'm going through an extremely horrific slump right now. Everything I make is a disaster! Does anyone know of any... I don't know, let's say, "motivating art work"? Maybe a little bit of inspiration is all I need to get going again.

Also, my PS is acting up... majorly :|
    It starts up fine, but then as soon as I try to add the render to the canvas, it freezes up and crashes. Has this happened to anyone else in the past? If so, what did you do to fix it.
    It's not a very pleasant thing to deal with. =[

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    I dont know, Motsuko, but i might be making a tut on the banner i just posted in the GRT. Should I?
    Everyone was asking for a Tutorial, so I decided this one.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Motsuko, does this happen on both of your computers?
    I think the problem isn't from photoshop, if anything, it could be because your computer doesn't have enough RAM, but that's a wild guess... Renders can be huge sometimes, so I guess that could be the problem.. Anyway, how much RAM you got?

If that's not the problem, try deleting your preferences file? Some photoshop problems come from a corrupt preferences file. (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop\Preferences). When you delete it, it forces PS to recreate it on next opening.

Poke'd, I haven't seen your banner but tutorials are always useful, for beginners and for advanced users, so if you feel like you have the time to do one, go ahead. I'm sure many people will appreciate it ^^

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I wouldn't know if it's easier to draw in Illustrator… since I don't draw xD;
    If you are using a tablet… I'd say PS would be ok… you'd get better skin tones that way because of smudging… Illustrator is more for technical drawing… like you see in architecture stuff… although… architects hardly touch Illustrator. xD

Inspiration Jonathan Barnbrook… though he is a typographer o.o
    Post the tut here too!

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    K, I fixed the problem... I don't know why it was happening, but I did that preferences thing and it worked. Thanks, DC.

Btw, does anyone know where I can download a crosshair brush set?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If you want the easiest drawing experience, it'd probably be the best to learn how to work OpenCanvas. (Though I can't figure it out to save my life.)

Otherwise, Illustrator is probably better for designs, rather than drawing. Like, my brother uses it to draw mice for his Lab T-shirts, but they're more surreal and simplistic than like... real mice. He also used it to make a superman symbol with 'N' in the middle instead of S. (For his Neuroscience club. x_o) Again, for T-shirts. :<

So that's the only thing I know about Illustrator being > PS.

I personally draw just fine in PS. o_o; I just use a brush and my tablet and use the penpressure feature. I've only just started inking with my tablet though, and by god it's the biggest pain in the ass I've ever faced.

I've only ever seen people use the pentool with Illustrator though, and you can do that in PS, so I'm not sure myself. xD I have to get around to re-installing Illustrator like I told Sawyer I would. *shot*

Motsuko Live, best guess I can give you is Deviant Art. :<

Twinx

Years
    Shop owners.. Crazy Idea.

I've seen this thing on other forums where members who create graphics for fellow members get payed in forum "bucks" [or whatever depending on the forum software].
    How do you feel if members had to give you positive rep for every request that you do?

I think by adding this rule to all graphic shops. it would motivate more people to create graphics shops as they would get something back in return.. though I know most you guys don't really care about User Rep.. Is this a good idea? I better shut up xD

Twinx

Years
    awww.. I see.
    but how about if members only have to give positive rep if they actually use the graphics?

So I just read the reputation rules once again..
    Reputation is a privilege, not a right.
    If there are many reports of abuse, we won't hesitate to disable it once more.
    so ya some people might abuse it..

Anyway, I guess since it's against the rules to ask for rep... never mind.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Hai guys. I was thinking of making a shop for tha holidays (Australian) and was wondering of you other guys's opinions? (hope that made sense.)

Twinx

Years
    Rényui, why do you care about what we think? xD If you feel like you've got some time to kill, then do it ^^

So someone revived the Graphics School today. I had forgotten about it's existence really xD
    Got me wondering... why does it end up dying everytime? :/

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I know that I let my class die because I just wasn't good at explaining, and analyzing all those banners was a serious pain in the rear end. xD

As a student though, I'd hate doing the assignments and stuff. It's just so pointless after actually experiencing the way it works, and you don't really learn much from it, IMO. :/

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I learned a little bit about flow and C4Ds, thanks to evilcheese. That's all I really remember.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back