• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The [NEW] Graphics Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    ... I feel like an idiot...
    Sorry everyone! I missed the entire start of the problem and tried to fix it without knowledge of what was happening... Life lesson for you...

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    See, the sawcks banner in my signature... C4ds were used in that. I only really use C4ds for smudging them XP haha
    I thought I saw alot of C4ds in El Capitano's (sp?) signatures.

Okay, now I'm off to do some requests.

EDIT: darn it =( I was half way through a request that was looking smexy... and I accidentally closed without saving..because photoshop decide to close that instead of the c4d I was looking at.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    okay omigawsh guys. :| I AM IN DESPAAAAAAAAAAAIR. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I've been making graphics with my monitor brightness at 80, and my contrast at 70. Which means everything is gross and overcontrasted, apparently.

So... questions!:

What brightness/contrast are your monitor's on?

Has every tag I've made since I got back been like, ridiculously bright/contrasted? DD:

Last edited:

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I don't usually do brightness/contrast, I usually use curves because it's easier for me I guess. And also, that might be a bit too.... bright... xD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hazuki: ... xD No, not on photoshop.

Like, your monitor settings.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Hello everyone. I know i said i was gonna make a c4d tutorial a month ago. This time I mean it. So I need some example banners. I've already sent some pm's. So if you think you used c4ds in a good way please post it.

Hmm, here's some...

Not that I need a tutorial for it, but those are to help others of course.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    It never occurred to me that the Brightness/Contrast settings for your monitor will effect how you see your graphics.

78 Brightness, 82 Contrast for me.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It affects it a lot. :|

Which is why I'm really frustrated. xDD

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    I changed mine from the monitor not the computer.

And about the tutorial i started it and i'm not doing to good. i'll get advice later after i finish my first draft.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    The settings on my monitor are... 100 contrast, 68 brightness.

O________o;

Ahahahaha, so if anything I've made looks horribly contrasted, not my fault xD;

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    The settings on my monitor are... 100 contrast, 68 brightness.

O________o;

Ahahahaha, so if anything I've made looks horribly contrasted, not my fault xD;

That explains SO much! xD Just kidding, your banners look great Shiranui.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010

Just if you needed anymore, Cheese :P

I've just been lurking through some graphics forums, and seeing new people getting into graphics is making me feel nostalgic. Some of you probably did start graphics here, but I'm curious anyway: I wanna see your first banners :D I may have inherited Beachy's obsession with the past >.>;

I'll post mine soon enough xD;

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Wow, the irony. o_o

I was just making a compilation of all my banners on a different forum. How convenient! /doesn't have to go very far to find it.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the first banner I ever made on photoshop. To be honest, it wasn't really even able to be counted as mine anyway; I just did a very terrible render job and stuck it on a wallpaper I found.
    This one, however, is what I have long considered to be my 'first banner'. Featuring Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, art by zoro-san@Deviantart. I apologize to zoro-san right now, because I used his art without permission, and because he's a swell guy who didn't deserve to have his stuff ripped by the n00b I was

^ Whoo-hoo for a plethora of GFX taboos that nearly always look like crap; Dashed borders, embossed text... ugh. xD;;

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I think I've lost my first signatures as I used to upload on imageshack D:
    They were awful though.. believe me xD

Anyway, Loki, do you still plan to do the image worm??
    lol I haven't forgot..

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    Ok everyone I'm more than halfway done with the c4d tutorial. But joy my internet is screwed. I'll ask my dad to fix it today so hpefully i can get it done be this week. And when I'm done I'll get a couple of people to proofread it so my grammer doesn't mess up anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back