• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Thanks! Ive always wanted to make a Pokemon game where its the same as the old show, like you could go to the Exeggutor Forrest, or whatever it was.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
    Awww, I never watched the show... But I can tell you this from experience. Practice before you try to make an extensive hack. haha, I really wish I had saved MY first hack. I thought it was absolutely incredible, but good lord.
    Anyway, I guess the best way to improve your skills is to try to join a team (though MOST people don't admit new hackers), or you could self-teach yourself, like me. I'm still a bit rough with the whole scripting thing. Just stay away from that....

WHOOOOO!!!! POST NUMBER 666!!! I win.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Well, I have Pokemon Ruby so I can play Quartz, but I cant really figure out how to actually start a new map from scratch.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Well, I open the program, I click on open rom, but my Pokemon Quartz file is all that shows up, so I switch to all files and load ruby, I try to pull up a map, and I get errors. So, I then went to Map and New Map, but when I went to the tilesets under the width and heith, its blank for the tilesets. Besides, I already deleted the program. I dont have the patience to make a hack when I can download the ones others made.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
    Ok, well, Ruby should show up along with quartz, as they are both rom files. Check the file extension for ruby. Make sure it's 'ruby.gba', and not like 'ruby.sav'

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Hi my name is Ram. I just joined today and if anyone wants to , they can be my friend.

I like this site especially because of the hacks people make.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back