• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    No, it has been working everyday. I've managed to get on, it hasn't been woking all the time but at same point during the day PC has been online.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Can someone please fix the simple questions topic or make a new one? It doesn't show pages anymore and when I'm going to see the topic I get an error I followed an invalid link

Years
    I think guys this pokecommunity need a better and fast server this community is getting larger and growing and it not surprised that sometime that server wont handle it.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If you read previous posts, server costs are expensive, and Pokecommunity can't afford a better, and faster server.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    This is the problem with people getting a server without having the proper money to pay for it,then asking for donations. And it's no surprise also having vBulletin,so I suggest you guys just get HOSTING on server, instead of getting your server.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
    I don't think it's the server that's falling behind. We have a very good server, no, i think it's the way we're using it that makes it ineffective. Faltzer how would paying for hosting space differ from buying a server and hosting ourselves.. besides the amount of money we'll pay. (which would increase).

Years
    Actually Master Kwesi if the page is loading bad or nobody can post it can be the server has run out of bandwith but if actually you can't access PC could be a server problem, because actually there is servers that count the time that has clicked so far and if the PC has lot of click or has lot of traffic the server can shutdown temporaly (maybe is not this server, i dont know).

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I advise my friends, that you read PPNSteve's posts. Yeah, that might answer some of your questions.

As for the server and stuff, I really have no idea what you guys are talking about, but let's be thankful that PC is working MUCH better then it usually does! *thanks the almighty internet lord of justice*

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
    I posted a new topic in the Other Roleplay forum, but it did not show up at all. I decided to follow a strategy suggested earlier in this thread, and posted it again, but it still did not appear. I can't even acess the thread. Does this have anything to do with the server problems or is moderator preview set up for new topics in that forum? I'm not sure if I'm able to create new threads elsewhere.

Years
    Ei whispering wing this problem is already posted here or somewhere you know, i thing Steve is boring to post again about this popular problem in this PC but from what i konw this server is very good and very fast but i think the problem is what master kwesi say:
    master kwesi said:
    i think it's the way we're using it that makes it ineffective
    so sometimes the PC dont load and sometime is work properly if you can't post anything try again later.

Whispering Winds

Years
    nick-xx said:
    Ei whispering wing this problem is already posted here or somewhere you know, i thing Steve is boring to post again about this popular problem in this PC but from what i konw this server is very good and very fast but i think the problem is what master kwesi say: so sometimes the PC dont load and sometime is work properly if you can't post anything try again later.

I know what you're refering to in this thread. My problem is of a similar nature (I believe), but not exactly the same. That pertained to replying to an existing thread while mine is with posting a new thread. There isn't even an existing version to work from except for what I've saved, and I've already tried posting it again later. I don't want all of them to suddenly appear and then I'll get in trouble for making duplicate threads.

Whispering Winds

Years
    That's what I suspected... after posting the new thread three times thinking there was server trouble. Is there some way to delete all but one version of the thread? I don't want to get in trouble for making duplicate threads. That's not what I was intending to do; I thought the server didn't process my first request because it was acting up. I apologize for misunderstanding the situation and I'll be more careful in the future.

Years
    You know actually only moderators and administrators can delete but you can PM the moder or admin about that thing.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Sorry about the delay WW, I was busy, but it should be fixed and your thread should be there, but for more details on the moderation of threads, check here:

Moderation

Whispering Winds

Years
    Now, I'm having real server trouble rather than not being aware of moderator preview, since I'm not making a new thread. When I made a reply in the "Quest For Mew's Jewel" topic in the Pokemon Roleplay forum, nothing happened. After pressing the 'Submit' button, I am taken to the thread, but my post does not show up. I tried posting the same message multiple times and it still does not show up. I'd delete them if I could, but I can't even get to them. However, I noticed that they do appear in the topic review when making a reply. Is there any way to delete these and post them when things are working normally? In the forum, it says that I've posted in the topic, and it got bumped up, but the posts are not there.

On a side note, I seem to be able to post as normal in other forums.

EDIT: I've made apost in a different thread in the Pokemon roleplay forum. Whatever was causing my problem earlier has now been resolved, but I still can't get those posts to appear. I don't want to post it again because I am afraid the existing posts might show up. I don't need one more copy to delete.

SECOND EDIT: This problem has resolved itself. It was forum lag, I believe. I deleted each post manually.

Last edited:

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Hey dudes, the oekaki like, stopped working on me (permenantly)

I wouldn't be posting now here if it didn't =/ I tried like, 1 trillion times for the past few days and everytime I'd go to it it'd say this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/pokecomm/public_html/draw/templates/plasteline.php on line 73

Sorry if I missed something I wasn't supposed ot; I've been very busy for the past few days *dies*

edit: (Oh, and one time a week or two ago when I refreshed it it was all "z0mG G1tcH" on me lol (Like, there were doubles of the toolbar and stuff and everything was all m3ssssed uup! lol)

Back