• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Naruto Discussion Thread (even shippuden)

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
Years
  • I will agree that Naruto is one of the best animes on the market today. However, there are better ones out there. This is true because think about anime for a minute. New anime is constantly being presented. Some of it good some of it bad. As an avid anime fan I have to disagree with the statement about Naruto being the best. It is one of the best, but not the best. As for the discussion about fillers I don't agree that they are annoying. Fillers are made to help out the creators of the anime when too much pressure is being put on them to push out manga. As for dubs, I myself do not prefer them especially for Naruto considering how badly they matched the voice of Naruto to the female english actor that the picked. The Japanese voices are much better suited.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • *agrees entirely with pokegirl*

I suppose it depends on personal prefrence and the number of Animes you watch, though.

I just watched Shippuuden 21 and... SASORI IS HAWT. Too bad he dies...Meh.

Anyway, what episode is it where Team 7 (w/ Sasuke) go to the Hot springs? O.o

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    As for dubs, I myself do not prefer them especially for Naruto considering how badly they matched the voice of Naruto to the female english actor that the picked. The Japanese voices are much better suited.
    Subs are always better than dubs imo. Especially the Naruto dub is just horrible. I couldn't find the subs of one episode anywhere so I had to resort to the dub and those 20 minutes were enough to leave me scarred for life. x__x Besides, ''Dattebayo'' > ''Believe it'' any day. Believe it just sounds so incredibly stupid, whereas dattebayo just sounds irritating after a while.
    I just watched Shippuuden 21 and... SASORI IS HAWT. Too bad he dies...Meh.

Anyway, what episode is it where Team 7 (w/ Sasuke) go to the Hot springs? O.o
    Shippuden 21 is out? Zomg! *Scurries of to find the episode.* As for the hot springs episode, do you mean that random ''What's-under-Kakashi's-mask'' filler? If so, I think it was pretty close after the invasion of Konoha thingamajig. I might be wrong, though.

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
  • Yes, all of my Shippuden episodes are subbed, dubs can just go to...well you get the idea... Anyway on Bleach the dubs aren't so bad...but I still prefer to watch it in the original Japanese. Speaking of which I need to go download the latest episode...later.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • I know you're gonna say, "Then why'd you even bother to come to this thread",or something of that sort, but, WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW?!? I was bored after the first 10 seconds of the first episode.

Exactly. Why even bother coming to this thread?

Besides you never even gave the series a chance. How valid is your opinion of the show then? Not good enough to judge it..

Most of mine are English subbed except the first, what, 90? Those are all english. Tch. I barely watch those anymore, though ~ Normally I either watch Shipuudens, Episode 22 (lol), and fillers.

Rarely, though, I do read the Manga....

Natti

where were y o u . . .
    Years
  • Originally Posted by deathfire234
    I know you're gonna say, "Then why'd you even bother to come to this thread",or something of that sort, but, WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW?!? I was bored after the first 10 seconds of the first episode.

Because we have something called "opinions". Just because YOU don't have the attention span to actually watch a full episode doesn't mean it's a boring and uninteresting anime. True, the first couple of episodes are rather dull but you could've at least given it a chance.

Now, seeing as this is a Naruto Discussion Thread and you obviously can't discuss anything being that you've only seen the "first 10 seconds" of the first episode, please leave.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • I don't see why it would be a bad idea. You said yourself you didn't want to be hated here or be thrown into any arguments, so if you weren't being sarcastic about that too, I'd leave. Naruto Fans would not like their show to be insulted when apparently you couldn't even sit through the first episode.

EDIT: Wonderful. A deleted post. Now I'm going to be accused of double posting. Thanks. T___T

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    There I deleted my posts, don't wanna get on anyone's bad side, unless I already have.
    Deleting your post didn't really help seeing as it's already been quoted twice. And if you don't have the attention span to watch Naruto for 20 minutes, you're in no position to judge it. =\ I didn't like Naruto too much even after two episodes, but I decided to watch 1 more and became hooked. Really, you can't judge an anime before you've watched at least a couple of episodes of it.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • *Whimper* I got hooked by the first episode...does that mean that I'm a dull person for liking the allegedly dull one?

Anyway, I love Naruto (the show, mind you, not the character) too, just thought I'd say that in case my theme didn't give it away. ;D I haven't gotten very far on Shippuden, though, since I couldn't find any episodes after the one where they arrive at the Akatsuki hideout (Y'know, just when they're about to break the seal). Fave characters are Gaara and Haku, have been since I first saw them. Of the new ones, Deidara's my favorite because I love the way he talks and looks. That and his techniques are cool too. :3

And yeah, sub pwns dub 99% of the time (Only exception I know thus far is Yu-gi-oh!; talk about crappy voice acting. <.<). The voice acting in that one dubbed Naruto episode I had to watch because the fansub had been deleted was the stuff of nightmares. x.x

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • Well, if you're looking for more Shipuudens, Naruto Island has them. You can watch the latest ones.

I started reading the Manga and right now I'm two chapters behind the latest one. Crazy Dei ~

Sub pwns Dub ^___^

I just found this stupid Akatsuki comic XDD :

Zazzeh

Akatsuki fan extrordinair!
    Years
  • Well, if you're looking for more Shipuudens, Naruto Island has them. You can watch the latest ones.

I started reading the Manga and right now I'm two chapters behind the latest one. Crazy Dei ~

Sub pwns Dub ^___^

I just found this stupid Akatsuki comic XDD :

Haha...Kakuzu is so dang cheap xD Poor Hidan :3 I wanna go to a Cosplay convention as Kakuzu someday ^^

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • Lol; I'm just so bent on getting my hair like his.. I kinda wanna show up at school one day dressed as an Akatsuki member XD

I'm sure you're not ugly! How could somebody who watches Naruto be ugly? Impossible!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yes! I am back! Sorry guys, I needed a new monitor. So right now I haven't seen episode 20, but I will when I get the chance. And I will catch up the to the latest chapter of the manga. ^^ Man, I seen that comic, that is pretty funny! XDD

And also I got hooked on Naruto when I watched the Zabusa and Haku arc. Man that was a great arc, then after that it turned great! I love Naruto! Awesome anime! =D

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • I've been secretly watching old episodes during Shipuudens ^-^;

Wanna know a fun-fact? I jumped in on Naruto (offically) when the USA was in the Chuunin Exam Arc (Forest of Death segment). I had to do a lotta catchin' up to get to where I am ~

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    ^ Ha, well you are not the only one. XD I have been watching them too. Especially the ones that dealt with Naruto and Sasuke. Man...what a great battle! <3

The Chuunin Exam and The Forest of Death arcs were pure win! I want to watch them in Japanese though. I think I will too. I believe Vol 3 of the Uncut box set is out. So...I wonder if the episodes are there. Hmm...

And I just love your sig and avatar. =D

Back