• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
Years
  • I've got a couple shinies;

Non-Chained:
    Feebas ---> Milotic (Not the event Milotic, as I caught it as a Feebas.)
    Oddish ---> Vileplume
    Ponyta ---> Rapidash
    Wingull ---> Pelipper (Sapphire catch)
    Ralts (Sapphire again, planning to train it soon)
    Magnemite ---> Magneton (Sapphire again)

Chained:
    Nincada
    Medicham

I'm still pretty new to chaining, and am having some trouble with it, but I'm sure it comes with practice. If there's any easy spots you guys know of where I can practice, let me know.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I just caught a shiny... Bidoof? O_o i started my diamond over and was looking for a good natured budew when this yellow? bidoof came out. i wish it could have been something else but beggers cant be choosers. its my second shiny in a week (caught shiny budew last saturday)

PokeMasterXD

Elite Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2009
    I right now have a shiny shedinja, and a shiny milotic from my friend, i saw a shiny spearow in leaf green but killed it :(

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
  • Also I saw on youtube apparently there is a type of glitch for breeding a shiny pokemon, if you reject the 1st 42 eggs from the daycare man, and hatch from #43 on, eventually you'll get a shiny. I'm testing it currently. Here's the link to the vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_8mX9UZU4

Umm, that's not exactly true. If you get heaps of eggs and hatch them one is bound to be shiny.

Anyway, I DID have a shiny Darkrai, but my SISTER, who I near killed afterwards, restarted my game and saved. :/

It might have been hacked though.
    It was pretty awesome. ;D

ctave6

I LIKE PIE!~!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Rofl my longest chain is 8 pichu's i got no shinies
    (mind yu i was trying to watch stuff on utube)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    Shiny pokemon and on the games :
    D/P
    Shiny Dialga
    Shiny Palkia
    Shiny Zubat
    Shiny Pikachu (WAS a pichu)
    Shiny Eevee( Hatched from breeded egg)
    Shiny Magikarp ( Its evolved now )

G/S/C/

Shiny Gyarados ( We all get him,Right? )
    Shiny Cyndaquil
    Shiny Wobbuffet
    Shiny Wyonuat
    Shiny Clefairy
    Jordan's PokePet

Sid the level 70 Charizard!

shayminfan12345

a SHAYMIN FAN
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    i need some serious help with chaining, i have studied the three guides very carefully, and my chain always breaks... Tips?

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • i need some serious help with chaining, i have studied the three guides very carefully, and my chain always breaks... Tips?
    Stay away from edges. Go to the farthest patch from where you stand that is the same kind of grass as the first grass your Pokemon appeared in. If only one or two grass patches wiggle, walk 50 steps and use the PokeRadar again, don't risk it. Use repels, try to not run out.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I just got my first shiny in platinum and it was a shiny eevee! I turned him into a shiny umbreon! chain of 40! lol my fav is still my first shiny in diamond which was my shiny espeon! :D but now he has a partner in crime! :D My espeon's name is ace so my umbreon's name is Deuce!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    My only shiny I ever got was a shiny Whismur in Sapphire. I was bored so I trained my Torchic to become a Blaziken before I fought the first gym :P. Ran into it while I was grinding 3 xp at a time basically :P.

I have always had trouble chaining. I've seen some suggestions so I won't ask those. Only question (sorry if it is the wrong board), is how do people get legit shiny legendaries and legit shiny starters? Starters I can see with eggs (still wondering how, I've hatched about 47 charmanders trying :P). Legendaries though baffle me, cause I'd love to get a legit Shiny Rayquaza.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • My only shiny I ever got was a shiny Whismur in Sapphire. I was bored so I trained my Torchic to become a Blaziken before I fought the first gym :P. Ran into it while I was grinding 3 xp at a time basically :P.

I have always had trouble chaining. I've seen some suggestions so I won't ask those. Only question (sorry if it is the wrong board), is how do people get legit shiny legendaries and legit shiny starters? Starters I can see with eggs (still wondering how, I've hatched about 47 charmanders trying :P). Legendaries though baffle me, cause I'd love to get a legit Shiny Rayquaza.
    It's called Soft Resetting, or SR. Just save right in front of the Professors bag/Legendary and talk to the bag/legendary, if the Pokemon isn't a shiny, then restart your game by pressing L + R + A + B at the same time.

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
  • I haven't ever caught a Shiny on my own, but I remember my friend gave me his Shiny Electabuzz for my birthday. At first I just called him a cheap bastard for giving me a Pokemon for my birthday, but I'll be damned if I don't love the thing to death now...

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Stay away from edges. Go to the farthest patch from where you stand that is the same kind of grass as the first grass your Pokemon appeared in. If only one or two grass patches wiggle, walk 50 steps and use the PokeRadar again, don't risk it. Use repels, try to not run out.

O.o
    It's not necessarily the farthest away, it's the one that is 4 patches (rings) away.

This picture represents the best spots. Don't go to the patches on the edges, but one that is 4 rings away. Notice that the top right patch is farther away in steps than the patch directly below the girl, but each patch will be the exact same. Any patch that requires you go 4 spaces in any one direction (you may have to move in a diffrent direction after you move 4 steps, as with the top right patch. See? You have to go 2 spaces up, but then you still have to go 4 spaces to the right.) will most likely continue your chain. I believe that some chains will break for no reason, but it will be unlikely if you do everything right.

The other part that was bolded is the part where Yukio says to walk 50 steps. I just want to add on to this. You cannot go more than 10 steps away from the spot you last used the PokeRadar.

Years
  • I caught a shiny Wurmple while trying to round up some Pokemon to be Pal Park'ed in Emerald. I didn't realize it until I got into battle. I caught it, and now it's sitting my Box for posterity.

Was it shiny when you sent it over? The way you worded this makes it seem like it became shiny. It can't.

Back