• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the pet appreciation thread

Etherion

When I lived in an actual house, we had a pomeranian/papillon mix, and we called her Bella. She was really playful, loved everyone, and would lick you to death if she had the chance. She was also incredibly goofy as well.

Spoiler:

We had to give her to a family member because our apartment had insane fees for having animals in the apartments. This was a more recent photo of her; When we had her she was a lot thinner and healthier.

Aww cute dog :)
    I hope you visit her from time to time.

Years
    Pets

The search function spit out a few threads like this, but the last one is almost a year old soooo let's start a new one! :>

Do you have pets? Which ones? (Pictures are very welcome ;D )
    If not, would you like to have one?
    Do you like pets at all?

I used to have dogs when I was younger and owning a dog again in the future is one of my life goals! Haha Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until I can have a kind of life style that allows it (enough free time, money etc)

(and this is totally not just an excuse to get lots of photos of cute animals)

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    I have a cat! She's a black and white mixed breed, and she's really fluffy. I've had her since I was 7 or 8, so a good few years now, and she's honestly the best pet I've ever owned. In the past, I've had a dog, two hamsters, and some goldfish.

I love animals, and I love pets of all kind. Probably my favourite pets are cats, because they're my favourite animal, but I literally love any pet. I love guinea pigs and chinchillas most, probably, after cats, but I want to own at least every kind of (legal) pet at some point, granted I can take care of them properly.

Years
    Currently have one cat, and here's him just randomly hanging around:
    Spoiler:

Yes, he tends to lounge like that a lot if he's able to hang his paws over anything. Most of the time it's the back of my chair he does that on. And yes, he does have a tail, it's just hidden behind the desk in that shot. c:

He's a year old, and a very chatty cat, so I sometimes get annoyed by him but I still love him. Didn't plan on getting him, he was foisted upon me by somebody else last year but I don't mind.

Although if I had the ability to get more pets, I wouldn't mind another cat...or ferrets. Oh man would I love to try my hand at owning ferrets, they're adorable.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i have 3 dogs. they're all different types of breeds. one is a shihtzu, the other is a havenese, and the last one is a teacup yorkshire terrier. i love them all. they're so cute.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I have two pets a dog and a cat or should I say I have a dog that thinks its a cat and visa versa. But I love them both there so cute.

Years
    We have 6 dogs (o_o), and one cat. I don't like the cat, though. It always poops at the wrong places :p

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Currently we have 3 small turtle as pet (no photos of those) and way back we used to have fish, small turtles and 3 dogs, but one dog died and the others are unsure.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Do you have pets? Which ones? Nope. My uncle has a dog, a cat and a bird. The trio <3
    If not, would you like to have one? Yeah sure why not? Probablt a cat. They're so cute, and sometimes funny lol.
    Do you like pets at all? Of course, there is no reason to hate pets, unless you love and have to be clean all the time.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I had a guinea pig called Tweek when I was seven or eight and it broke my heart when the vets put him down. He was the cutest fuzzball and I miss him a lot.

I also used to have another guinea pig called Toast who died from old age in May. The day after her death, Fly On by Coldplay was playing over the radio and the tears that I'd been holding in just streamed down my face like the river Nile. I loved them both and wish they'd come back. :(

We also used to have four chickens but we later gave them away when we went on our tour around Europe. Don't know why but I miss them too. They were super fluffy though I heard they're doing well at their new home.

At the moment, I don't think I'll have another pet soon but if I could, I'd have either a fluffy rabbit, cat or dog. :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    We used to have rabbits, later chickens. I like pets, but I wouldn't want to have a dog or something, because you need to take it out often, even if you have better things to do that moment. Birds are my preference.

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
    Growing up I've had dogs, birds, a rat, and recently a couple cats. I don't have any pets now but I'm definitely going to have cats one day. I'm totally a cat person.

Sirfetch’d

I have a few cats that are so cute and way too addicted to meowing x) They are really fun to have around though as I am a cat person at heart :) I also have a dachshund named Pluto who is a troublemaker :x love him a ton though :3

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I currently don't have any pets, but I used to have some dogs, they all either died, ran away, or we gave them away. My favorite was a mix breed dog and a Blue Heeler. They were both so cute, the mix bred was one that I raised since it was born and my dad bought the Blue Heeler when it was just a little puppy. I'm currently taking a break from trying to raise a pet dog because of the last one who we had to give away because she was just an absolute nightmare. I also used to have a cat once, I don't know what happened to it, I would imagine that someone stole it.

However, if I ever do raise another pet, I would love to have a ferret or a parrot.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Pets behind the screens

my cat, she's 17 years old and i got her when i was 4/5. her name is shir.

Spoiler:

lol what a baby.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Meet the newest addition to my family, Autumn the Yorkshire Terrier puppy! I haven't physically met her before as she's in my home country and I'm overseas for studies, but I've seen videos and pictures of her and she is absolutely adorable. <3

Spoiler:

Back