• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Poképhobia Halloween Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hello, hello! I've added everyone who has signed up to the OP. If somehow I've missed you or added your info wrong, just let me know. I think I might change my fear to Necrophobia since no one has chosen it. I honestly expected it to have more takers as to me it seem an interesting concept.

Years
Phonophobia

Trainer: Phonox
Badges:
Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier
Team:

Kaleo
Feraligatr, M, lv.44, mystic water
Slash, water gun, leer, bite
- 3 levels to Screech
- Can't?? Learn?? Waterfall??

Tanh
Ursaring, M, lv.43, king's rock
Lick, rest, snore, slash

Symphony
Crobat, F, lv.44, blackglasses
Wing attack, supersonic, bite, confuse ray
- the fact that we have both supersonic and confuse ray is stupid. Supersonic is garbage. ... Can I count non-ghost curse as sound... ? Because that would at least be a bit more useful.

Hibiki
Granbull, F, lv.44, quick claw
Tackle, bite, lick, roar
- I need to give her some better moves instead of these...

Ninad
Magneton, N, lv.44, -
Thundershock, lock-on, screech, tri attack
- unfortunately, thundershock is not a very strong move.

Zvonmir
Miltank, F, lv.50, hard stone
Body slam, milk drink, rollout, stomp
- 3 levels to Heal Bell

Yin
Lapras, F, lv.44, nevermeltice
Surf, sing, perish song, ice beam
-ALSO? Can't learn? Waterfall??

-~-

Echo
Jigglypuff, M, lv.28, -
Rollout, defense curl, sing, strength

Bathsheba
Slowpoke, F, 30, -
Surf, confusion, growl, curse
- AND? Can'T? LeaRN? WATerFALL??

-~-

Cicada, paras, HM Master

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
150px-VSFairy_Tale_Girl.png

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 1

656.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 15
Torrent | Naive
[ Lick | Growl | Water Pulse | Quick Attack ]

666.gif

Lapochka lv. 12
Shield Dust | Gentle
[ Tackle | Struggle Bug | Stun Spore | Protect ]

Started my journey. Naturally, my bogus friends have to call me Queen. Because despite my phobias, I slay. That's how real queens do it. The scare factors haven't come into play much yet. My only sound based move for the moment is L'Viaquez's Growl which, lbr, ain't all that scary. Lapochka will learn something later. For now, we're on our way to the next town. The first badge was, as all gyms in this game are, easy to beat. On to Lumiose.

Years
Username: Kostucha
Fear: Achluophobia
Game: White 2
Now that I started studying I hope I'll be able to find some time to do this :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
150px-VSFurisode_Girl_1.png

Furisode Girl Ahri
X | Arachnophobia

Badges

50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png
50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png
50px-Iceberg_Badge.png

Log book
Spoiler:

Final Team

drapion.gif

Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Drapion
Level 66 | Male | Modest | Sniper @ Toxic Plate
Crunch | Cross Poison | Night Slash | Aerial Ace

lapras.gif

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Lapras
Level 66 | Male | Docile | Water Absorb @ Mystic Water
Surf | Waterfall | Ice Beam | Hydro Pump

venusaur.gif

Venusaur
Level 67 | Male | Modest | Overgrow @ Venusaurite
Strength | Sludge Bomb | Petal Dance | Petal Blizzard

lucario.gif

Lucario
Level 70 | Male | Hasty | Steadfast @ Lucarionite
Aura Sphere | Shadow Claw | Dragon Pulse | Bone Rush

galvantula.gif

Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
Galvantula
Level 77 | Female | Jolly | Swarm @ Zap Plate
Thunderbolt | Bug Buzz | Electro Ball | Thunder Wave

ariados.gif

Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Ariados
Level 80 | Male | Adamant | Swarm @ Black Sludge
Cross Poison | Poison Jab | Sucker Punch | Psychic

Thoughts on the team:

Drapion- I got this guy fairly late but not really. Raising it was a pain as it kept falling behind everything else. By the time it caught up with everyone else, it was because poor Lapras wasn't of much use against all those Team Flare Grunts and Admins that made such a good XP source for this little guy. Oddly enough, as much as I hated it overall, Drapion DID deliver against the Elive Four, albeit, fainting here and there. But it certainly did better than some others in my team...

Lapras- Lapras did good early on but then fell behind a lot, especially during the whole Team Flare obliteration thing. There just wasn't any use for the poor little thing there. 10/10 Gen 6 Lapras Surf overworld animation & stuff tho. I LOVED surfing around for once :D. Fast forward to the Elite Four and Champion, Lapras surpassed all of my expectations. It was tanky enough to tank those super-effective hits whilst hitting back HARD and fast. It nearly soloed Malva and Diantha. Definitely will use it again, especially since it's one of my favourite pokemon.

Venusaur- Venusaur wasn't exactly in the spotlight unless I needed some good Grass STAB but it did deliver during the Elite Four battles and only fainted against Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. I always like using Bulbasaur and its evolutions in spite of it being the least popular Kanto starter. It hasn't really failed me yet.

Lucario- Hands down, this playthrough's MVP, closely followed by Lapras and Galvantula who share the 2nd spot in terms of satisfaction & all. This guy was an absolute beast! It could 1 HKO most things, even when it didn't have the advantage. I used this fella the most during the Elite Four and I honestly regret not picking up Lucario earlier. it was my first time using one and I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, sure, it had its bad moments when it got 1 HKOed by a random Earthquake or god knows what other stuff it was weak against, but it also tanked a lot of Drasna's Noivern's Flamethrowers until it got a Burn from it so I decided to switch it out for Lapras and patch it up. I honestly felt like a douchebag having that Lucario in my team. It was like the Oprah of 1 HKOs.

Galvantula- I was fond of this little baby for the simple fact that it had its Hidden Ability and this was my first time I ever hatched a HA anything so I guess I was pretty biased about it even when it was utter crap. It struggled some early, being constantly carried by Spinarak & then Ariados but, once it evolved, it was like God mode was turned on. It started 1 HKOing anything that was weak to it whilst being able to tank a few hits. It delivered each and every time I sent it out to fight and I don't think I remember it fainting at all, maybe only once or twice the entire game. Will definitely use it again.

Ariados- Never. Again. Sure, it pretty much carried the team early on and ended up extremely overleveled because of it, but once the going got tough, Ariados just started failing. I only used it when I needed the Psychic which was weak anyways because Adamant Ariados and, when I sent it out during the Elite Four & Champion battles, it fainted in 1 hit every time, in spite of its ridiculously high level. Good early to mid game, absolute crap later on.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ariados- Never. Again. Sure, it pretty much carried the team early on and ended up extremely overleveled because of it, but once the going got tough, Ariados just started failing. I only used it when I needed the Psychic which was weak anyways because Adamant Ariados and, when I sent it out during the Elite Four & Champion battles, it fainted in 1 hit every time, in spite of its ridiculously high level. Good early to mid game, absolute crap later on.
Yeah, Ariados is pretty garbage. I made myself use one when I played my HG Bug monotype and the only thing that was worse was Ledian. I also would never use one again.

I just started my challenge, and decided I would play Necrophobic instead of Arachnophobic so I won't have to use Ariados. My trainer name is Clive after Clive Barker and my rival is Stephen after Stephen King. My starter is a female Adamant Tepig named Anne Rice. I might have more fun naming my Pokemon after horror writers than actually playing the game lol.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Become the unknown...
Black 2 · Achluophobia
Sadie · Aspertia City
509.png
442.png
Sadie opened her eyes into pitch-black darkness; her big brother must have turned off the nightlight again after she had fallen asleep. She turned to her side, curled into a ball, tiny hands clutching the blanket, her heart beating fast. Ever since Team Plasma stole Pluto, she had been alone. Alone, and frightened. The boys at school would make fun of her, scare her, tell her horrible stories. Sadie shuddered, fear tensing every muscle of her tiny body. They'll come for you too, the boys said. She imagined something stalking from every corner of the room, creeping from under the bed. She dared to look. And there, right next to her, she saw a pair of shining, golden-green eyes, staring hypnotically into her own. As she accommodated to the darkness, she could see the familiar contour taking shape: the curves of the ears, the slender body sparkling in indigo flecks, the sickle-shaped tail swinging left and right, left and right, left and right...

Pluto joined the party!
509.gif

Pluto ♂ Lv. 4
Unburden · Careful · Likes to run

She had been drawn to the old clock tower, as if a voice had called her out, pulled her in. She had been restless, as children often are, but what was she doing in a place like this? The tower had stood since the early days of the town, but it was now abandoned, the clock face missing, the heat unbearable in the summer. With Pluto on her heel, Sadie passed through an archway; she saw the heavy spider webs covering the crumbled stonework above her head. She kneeled, and touched the cracked, odd keystone lying on the ground. The air turned chilly, whistling through the corridor. Was this a dream? A nightmare? A purple fog swirled around her, enveloped her, and dozens of green lights floated about in a dazzling display. Then she saw the eerie, hateful frown forming in front of her, the spinning, frightful eyes, and she remembered all the mean things they said.

Spiritomb joined the party!
442.gif

Spiritomb ♀ Lv. 5
Infiltrator · Rash · Very finicky

She was still too small — she thought as she stood before the teacher. Pluto was still too weak — quickly done for, puny and useless. She unleashed the spirit of the keystone, but even she was still too slow. Sadie was not a Trainer. But the unkown of the battle enticed her; a child after all, she was curious, and she wanted more. The spirit rose once again, blinking lights that surrounded the teacher's Lillipup, confusing it. As if mad, it threw itself blindly at the thick, cold fog enveloping it from all sides, only to hit the ground each time, until eventually it rose no more. Sadie had won her first Gym Battle.
Sadie got the Basic Badge!
20120624113438%21Basic_Badge.png

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 3

657.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 32 @ Hard Stone
Torrent | Naive
[ Rock Tomb | Round | Water Pulse | Quick Attack ]

416.gif

The Widow lv. 32 @ Poison Barb
Pressure | Naive
[ Heal Order | Power Gem | Bug Bite | Slash ]

005.gif

Soothsayer lv. 32 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Shadow Claw | Growl | Flame Burst | Rock Tomb ]

683.gif

Vedamalady lv. 32
Healer | Serious
[ Moonblast | Draining Kiss | Attract | Echoed Voice ]

294.gif

Octahedron lv. 32 @ Eviolite
Soundproof | Rash
[ Rock Tomb | Stomp | Supersonic | Bite ]

310.gif

Inertiatic lv. 31
Static | Mild
[ Strength | Howl | Bite | Spark ]

So half this team was planned, the other half was "oh i like this pokemon...can it learn a sound move? yes? okay. awesome. you're coming with me." And ohhhh this is such a bad team. I think it's just because only a few of them have any good moves at the moment, but then also some aren't fully evolved yet ahaha. So yeah. We'll see where this goes from here... I have faith it'll get better when Manectric learns better moves and Loudred evolves...also when he gets better moves. lol

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years

Poképhobia Halloween Challenge
chapter three: i love you, lucky egg
white 2 - claustrophobia

497.png
055.png
462.png
196.png
569.png
323.png

PLASMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yeah that ship is pretty dope.

Went through Chargestone Cave, and Toko evolved!
569.gif

After doing some level grinding outside of the Skyla's town, I challenged her. Toko slayed the gym, which surprised me. I thought Garbodor was supposed to suck??? Evidently not.

I sought out Professor, and I got a master ball and a lucky egg! Level grinding is going to be so much easier now! We then got on a plane to go through Reversal Mountain. There, I found my final team member, Maxie the Numel!
322.gif

Mild
Hates to lose

He didn't stay as a Numel for long. Thanks to my Lucky Egg, after encountering three Audino, he evolved into Camerupt!

323.gif

I made it through Reversal Mountain with Bianca, went through Undella Town, made my way North so I could get into Opelucid. On the way, Hugh and I fought off Team Plasma. That's always fun...

I finally made it into Opelucid and went straight to Drayden. He was a challenge, and I had to redo the battle again thanks to his Haxorus using four Swords Dances, but I got my badge!

Defense Move Checklist
Serperior (Sonia) - Coil ✓
Golduck (Perry) - Amnesia ✓
Magnezone (Napolein) - Light Screen ✓
Espeon (Kirigiri) - Light Screen (Will replace with Reflect) ✓
Garbordor (Toko) - Amnesia ✓
Camerupt (Maxie) - Curse ✓

Next update will be my last~

Years
Achluophobia
Alpha Sapphire

Log 1:
Spoiler:

Log 2:
Spoiler:

Log 3:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 4

658.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 36 @ Hard Stone
Torrent | Naive
[ Rock Tomb | Round | Water Pulse | Surf ]

416.gif

The Widow lv. 36 @ Poison Barb
Pressure | Naive
[ Heal Order | Power Gem | Bug Bite | Slash ]

006.gif

Soothsayer lv. 36 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Wing Attack | Growl | Flame Burst | Rock Tomb ]

683.gif

Vedamalady lv. 35
Healer | Serious

294.gif

Octahedron lv. 35 @ Eviolite
Soundproof | Rash
[ Rock Tomb | Stomp | Supersonic | Bite ]

310.gif

Inertiatic lv. 34
Static | Mild
[ Strength | Howl | Bite | Spark ]

This team still sucks, but at least I got Charizard and Greninja right at the end of the gym battle. And I have Exploud in a few more levels. -clasps hands together and prays-

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Update 2:

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 5

658.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 41 @ Hard Stone
Torrent | Naive
[ Rock Tomb | Round | Water Shuriken | Surf ]

416.gif

The Widow lv. 40
Pressure | Naive
[ Heal Order | Power Gem | Bug Bite | Air Slash ]

006.gif

Soothsayer lv. 40 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Fly | Growl | Flame Burst | Rock Tomb ]

683.gif

Vedamalady lv. 39
Healer | Serious

295.gif

Octahedron lv. 40 @ Eviolite
Soundproof | Rash
[ Rock Tomb | Stomp | Screech | Crunch ]

310.gif

Inertiatic lv. 40
Static | Mild
[ Strength | Howl | Thief | Thunderbolt ]

So finally my team is starting to turn around with Loudred evolving and Manectric having Thunderbolt. I also realized that Roar is a post-game TM so I'm going to have to either leave Charizard with Growl or give it Confide, which I'm also giving to Vespiquen. I'm a little miffed about that since I would rather have Roar, but eh. I might trade it over to AlphaSapphire to teach it the TM if that's okay?

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Fearing the unknown is quite the thing for me, especially in darkness. I wouldn't exactly rank it as a fear, though. No, things like heights, jumpscares, and dying are probably the things I fear most.

Username
: BlissyMKW
Fear: Achluophobia
Game: Now, here's where I get stumped. I'm probably going to do HeartGold if I can find a rom for it, but otherwise, I'll go with Omega Ruby. If I make a concrete decision, I'll edit this post.

Years
Achluophobia
Alpha Sapphire
Time for a new update!

Log4:
Made my way to Mauville City, defeated May on the way. Got a bike and went back to catch a Sableye. Named him Puppetboi, trained him up, defeated Wattson, and started my way to Fallarbor town.

Team:

PinRS262.png

Grey Wind, lvl 23
-Rock Smash
-Howl
-Snarl
-Thief

PinRS064.png

Dr.Strange, lvl 24
-Confusion
-Teleport
-Flash
-Miracle Eye

PinRSani316.png

Mr.Ben, lvl 24
-Sludge
-Yawn
-Venoshock
-Amnesia

PinRSani302.png

Puppetboi, lvl 24
-Faint Attack
-Rock Tomb
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Claw

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 6

658.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 44 @ Hard Stone
Torrent | Naive
[ Rock Tomb | Round | Water Shuriken | Surf ]

416.gif

The Widow lv. 44
Pressure | Naive
[ Confide | Power Gem | Bug Bite | Air Slash ]

006.gif

Soothsayer lv. 44 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Fly | Confide | Flame Burst | Rock Tomb ]

683.gif

Vedamalady lv. 44
Healer | Serious
[ Moonblast | Thunderbolt | Attract | Echoed Voice ]

295.gif

Octahedron lv. 44
Soundproof | Rash
[ Rock Tomb | Stomp | Screech | Crunch ]

310.gif

Inertiatic lv. 44
Static | Mild
[ Strength | Howl | Thief | Thunderbolt ]

Now I'm too OP for this game lol. SHOULDA KNOWN. I'm going to that Pokeball Factory soon. So that'll be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back