• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (battle only RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
Years
  • I nodded at the trainer?s lesson. During the time I had spent with Pok?mon, I had witnessed many trainers who had achieved the ultimate bond of love with their Pok?mon. This is what my Pok?mon and I are trying to achieve.
    ?I shall choose you, Aquaria!? I reached back and flung a Pok?ball high in the air. As it zoomed upwards, the red glow emerged and a beautiful Vaporeon became visible. The ball rocketed downwards and I caught it with one swift motion I had practiced when I was too little to train. Aquaria and Moonbeam were sisters, a rare occurrence among Eevee, and they had battled and grown alongside each other with generous heaps of love.
    I fixed my stare upon the confident trainer, as did Aquaria. ?Are you now ready??

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker watched the umbereon on the ground which had a great energy around it, it made baker feel as if it was still young, powerful maybe, but still young. however if it was the sister of the Umbereon then it couldnt ahve been a lot younger

''thats a very nice vaporeon you have there, excellent bone structure, and its chin is arched at the perfect postion to fire its water gun in any direction with good accuracy and spreme speed''

baker moved slighly to the left to look at its tail

''uuuuum'' baker said to himself

''would I be right in saying that this umbereon evolved very young?''

he asked curiously, baker loved to battle, but even more so he loved wathing trainers battle and play with there pokemon, and seeing how they have been raised.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • "My Vaporeon evolved on its first birthday, as did my Umbreon. She chose to touch the Water Stone when it was offered her. She has developed her water-using skills very well over time. Why?"
    Aquaria rolled onto her back and grabbed her tail, staring at it, and then at the trainer. I pondered over the reason...

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • ''No reason inparticular, I jst noticed that seeing as its tail is pointing more up then it is down then that means it evolved young, meaning it has had more chnace to work on its water attacks rather then its basic attacks, whci in the long run I find more successful, I used to have one myself, in fact I had all of them except espeon, it evolved at night! anyway, shall we proceed?''

baker looked down at his belt, he considered for a moment
    ''lets make things intresting shall we?''

He unhooked a pokeball and threw it onto the field, the sunlight caught it in the air and shone upon the symbol that showed it was a lure ball, the ball hit the floor and bounced once, then it opened with extreme speed and the whole area bacame flooded with light, most people covered there eyes with there hand as the light was so strong and when it was gona a pokemon with a large shell appeared

''Cloyster''
    it said, it spoke with a great echoe that filled the area for miles to go

''I should warn you, Shellder was the 1st pokemon i ever caught, I would guard all of my pokemon with my life but this one is epecially important in my heart''

He watched as cloyster fired a small water gun onto vaporeon

Baker laughed
    ''Cloyster is whoing a sign of respect to you rpokemon on being a water tye and wishing it luck''
    He informed her.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • "Then we shall do the same." Aquaria nodded its head and waved its tail in a manner that implied this match would not be one of grudges. Wouldn't have done anything anyway...
    A smart-aleck kid walking by struck a referee's pose and yelled, "Begin!" before running off.
    Focusing carefully on the opponent, I decided to start out with something unexpected. "Aquaria, use Wish, and then Shadow Ball!"

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker reacted quickly to this move

he whispered to Cloyster

'use ice beam and withdraw''

Cloyster quickly powered up its ice beam which it fired straight towards vaporeon at great speed! in the meantime it closed its rock hard shell and repelled the shadown ball straigh back at vaporeon!

people around watching had shocked faces, baker smield and explaineed

''Cloysters sheel is made of a magical sigstance, and with all the training ive been doing with her, it can now repel any attack, even dark ones!''

mizu-dragon

Years
  • In order for us to get an attack in, that means...
    "Aquaria, stay still!" The Pok?mon obeyed without question. In a split second the Ice Beam hit, doing a little damage, but while the Cloyster was still inside its shell, I gave another order.
    "Use Substitute, Aquaria!" In short order there were two Vaporeon standing up to the Cloyster. One was real, one was the fake. Without any prompting, both looked to the sky. A starry light enveloped them both - Wish - but only one would receive the healing.
    "Which Vaporeon... is Vaporeon?"

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Leaning slightly against a stone building, Rian turned his gaze to observe the battle between Baker and Mary. "Are these the type of trainers I'll be facing?", he wondered silently. The male's gaze quietly studied each trainer and Pokemon.

The boy . . . he said his Cloyster's shell could repel any attack. And by the look of it, it probably can. But, there's more to battling than strength alone. The proper strategy can overcome most any obstacle. Rian's eyes narrowed. And, no matter the size of the mountain, there's always a way to break it down.

The trainer's eyes closed as he leaned more heavily upon the building. I know what strategy I would use in this situation . . . but, it should be interesting to see the other trainer's reaction. Rian's eyes faintly opened as he continued to think over the battle. On her part, no doubt any strength her Pokemon could recover would be valuable. So, for now . . . I'll just wait and see.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • edit: sorry abot that, wrong RP!!!

Baker watched as the vaporeon created a substitue for itself and closed its eyes ready for the wish, he knew the wish was going to come true, but Baker thought to himself, This would be the prefect time to set up a little suprise, he whispered to cloyster,
    ''Use double team''

Immediately the pokemon cloneed itself into 2, and then 4, and then 8, and eventually to 32 cloysters, all in differnet places on the field
    baker thought to himself
    That should be quite a suprise when vaporeon opens its eyes

he took a deep breath
    I need a strategy, and I need one quick

baker looekd around the crowd all watching carefully, he noticed a boy he had seen earlier in the main,obby of the pokemon league center, he was leaning against a tree watching the battle

baker suddenly felt something

''What is it guys?''

he was talking to his pokemon, they had senced something adn Baker had therefore fel it too

he stared at the boy

uuuuuuum, i sence he is a talented trainer, but he holds a dark secret, and this is making his pokemon unhappy as they can tell it is upsetting him Intresting.....I should keep my eye one this one...

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • As he returned his gaze to the battle, Rian noticed the male trainer looking toward him. Not faltering, Rian immediately returned Baker's glance with his wintery eyes. A Double Team . . . that seems a fair strategy. I know at least one counter-strategy that a Vaopreon could use . . . But, I will trust this female trainer has her own ideas. Rian's eyes narrowed dangerously as he stared piercingly toward Baker. I look forward to battling this trainer.

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • ::I don't know where Gohan is so I'm finishing the battle.::

My Charizards fired thier Dragon Rage's. The fire spiraled towards Skippy. I knew it wouldn't affect Skippy much, but if he was hit multiple times it would leave him stunned and open for attack. Skippy and his trainer both had on worried looks. The Twisters I had released before were still circling him, making escape impossible. Skippy used a defensive move, one I couldn't see. My four Charizards attacks hit him. Not all hit dead-on, but they hit him at least. Skippy wasn't at all looking hurt but he was there, wavering.
    "Ok! My Charizards! Circle him at every point!" They did so. "Hyper Beam!" They powered up the attack. When the beams were ready I said: "Now only the real Flare can hit Skippy!" Skippy looked up when his name was said. Seeing my Charizards about to fire Hyper Beams, he ran to the farthest cornor. "Now!" The attacks were fired. The other Charizards beams came close enough to Skippy, but never hit him. Yet one beam did hit him, and that was Flare's. Skippy fell over, defeated. I returned Flare as the twisters and the other Charizards disappeared. "I liked the fight you put up. See ya 'round." I walked back into the center, where a battle was going on. I stood off to the side, watching. It looked interesting. Then I noticed the battlers. It's Mary and Baker!

::Sorry Gohan, for cutting down the battle, but when you haven't posted for awhile things get boring.::

Years
  • ooc: Crap, crap, crap! Crap I tell ya! I've already written this post twice and both times it wouldn't post. Sorry for not being on for a while over here. And its allright pynpfan.

I nodded to Emily as she walked out and returned Skippey.
    " Well, wasn't that fun now! I want a rematch. Next time maybe I'll usse Pog and Biole. The ones that hate each other halfway! " I said cheerfully as I walked into the Center and dropped the two Pokemon I had battled with off. Afew minutes later I was outside and with all my Pokemon. I would have watched the battle between Baker and Mary T.... but I get bored watching matches and eventually start to mutter things from the current dimension my mind is off in.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Going third person.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Therfore Jason let out Biole to cause some trouble. Biole - his Jolteon - would zap someone and then they would both run off some twenty feet away and burst out in laughter. Suddenly as they were looking for new prey Jason froze. Going into a cold sweat, he returned Biole. Slowly turning to pinpoint the source of an odd feeling he saw a young trainer leaning against the building.
    I sense a cold aura about this boy. He... there is something about him.... I just don't know, Jason thought. Slowly, forcing his frozen limbs to move closer he made his way towards the young lad. After some pain-racking, nerve-racking minutes he sidled in next to the boy.
    " The aura about you... it is cold. You have experienced pain.... am I right? " Jason said coldly.

Yami's Girl

Years
  • ::I'm glad you're so forgiving. I mean I had the problem with waiting and uhh,.. I had ta post.::

I watched the battle for awhile watching the Vaporeon and Cloyster. But I got bored and picked up my pokemon, which I'd left with Nurse Joy. I took out two pokeballs.
    Dragonite and Salamance, I thought. The only ones who haven't trained yet. I stepped out once more to the training fields. The grass,fire, water, and electrical fields were abuzz with trainers.
    Hmm... Which one? I walked over to the electrical field. The surging electrical currants ran through the metal ground.
    "Go!" I shouted. "Salamance and Dragonite!" My two pokemon appeared. My blueish Dragonite circled Salamance, who kept trying to claw him.
    A kid came up to me. "I challenge you to-"
    "Yes, I know, a battle. Right?"
    "Uh, yeah! One pokemon! No substitutes!"
    I nodded. "Go Raichu!" SHouted the boy. I motioned Salamance towards the field. He roared.
    "Ready?" I said. the boy nodded.
    "Right! Salamance! Dragon Rage!"

mizu-dragon

Years
  • While Baker was slightly distracted, I flew into action. "Aquaria, use Icy Wind!" Vaporeon braced to the ground and let out a blast of blizzard-wind, freezing the multiple Cloysters and shattering all the fakes. The real Cloyster didn't seem to have suffered much damage, but it was a little shocked at the quick break in the pattern.
    "Now, use Swift and hit it before it can close again!" The flying stars struck the Cloyster, and Vaporeon backed away from it.

Yami's Girl

Years
  • ::Hey B_A, are you going to post in Project HIPD?::

The Raichu jumped into the air. "Perfect," I muttered. Salamance was still breathing his firey rage. "
    "Now switch the direction!" Salamance changed the fire to hit Raichu.
    The boy trainer paniced. "Put up your tail!" He said. The Raichu did obediantly but still took a majority of the damage. The Raichu sretched out his tail and bounced off the ground.
    "Raichu!" Shouted the trainer. "Use Thunderbolt!" Raichu charged up his attack.
    "Salamance! Wait for it!" Salamance stood his ground. The clouds above us turned gray and lighting bolts touched the ground.
    "Double Team!" I shouted. A coming thunderbolt touched a Salamance clone. The clone stretched apart and then came back together. The Salamances circled Raichu, who landed in the middle.
    "Steel Wing!" I shouted. The wings of the Salamances began to glow.
    "One by one!" I said. One Salamance flew towards Raichu who jumped and smashed the clone. Another went in the air and hit Raichu, then the Salamance materalized. More went. A cloud of dust rose. Raichu jumped constantly and was hit every other attack. Soon Raichu was exhausted and only the real Salamance was left.
    "Hyper Beam!" I shouted. The trainer perked up. "Raichu! Brace yourself!" The beam came straight for him. Raichu was so exhausted he couldn't dodge when he was ordered to. He fell over, defeated.
    "That'll teach ya to mess with me!" I told the trainer. Then I walked over to the water field with Dragonite ready to go.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker had already said that he was impressed by this trainer, thusforth he had planned out for such a strategy

''Cloyster, use reflect''

all the cloysteres closed there eyes and created magical glowing walls.
    the swift attack hit three of them, but failed to even penetrate the defensive attack, the glowing stars instantly stopped sparkling and evaporated.

Baker did not decleare a new attack, he merely waited for what this trainers recation and next assault would be.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • Hm... in order to beat this trainer, I'm really going to have to try something unusual...
    "Aquaria, use Icy Wind once more!" Both Vaporeon, the substitute and the original, jumped into action and the icy blast flew again; none could tell from which Vaporeon the attack was coming.
    Cloyster's Reflect raises Defense, but not Special Defense...
    The opponent slid back a little with the force of the attack, but still seemed to have the will to battle. I went in for another blow.
    "Now use Wish again!"

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker watched the female trainer as she stood upright in a very impressive way, she decleared an icy wind attack, the Vaporeon jumped into the air, it's eyes closed and sent a great force of wind and sharkles of ice soaring at extremespeed towards Baker's Cloyster, Baker shivered, the cold was getting to him also, but he knew that if Cloyster was Brave enough to take these attacks, then there was no excuse for baker to not tek them also.

''CLOYSTER'' Baker had to shout as the wind was deafening

''barrier''

all the cloysters obeyed and created another magical barrier called barrier!

this overlapped the already active reflect

Baker smiled, ''Cloyster is a great pokemon, not only does it have extreme power in its harsh ice attacks, but what makes ot most dangerous is that it has a superb defence ability and the 4 greatest defensice attacks in the knows world of pokemon, your umbereon is extremely powerful, just as much as my cloyster I would say, but my Cloyster has became powerful in defence throagh the amount of times we have spent, training''

A tear came to baker's eyes as he relived some of his memories

''countless years we have spen entire months at a time, in the ice cold harsh tormenting weatehr of the antartica, sleeping in nothing but icecaves or igloss we have created together, me stacing ice as Cloyster would mould it, we ate nothing but snowballs which also quenched our thirst, we took falls off of cliffs, we have taken pain which is unamiaginable to anyone or anything on this earth, but throagh it all, all the blood, the sweat, the tears, the pain, we have stood tall, refusing to stop, refusing to accept anything but what we deserve, refusing to be denied what my pokemon deserve so much more then me, and that is too just be recognised for the love that we show eachother''

baker hung his head, trying to wipe the tears from his eyes

''And I believe that you have the power to do the same, you ahve a greeat bond with your pokemon, and you treat them with extreme care, and althoagh we have just met, I feel like we have know eachother a lifetime, and THAT is why I want to teach you to harness the power of linking your heart and sould with your pokemon, so you can understand what the life of a pokemon is really about, NOT FOR!, but what it is all about''

baker looked up, a tear still in hsi eyes but a determined look on his face, and the only way to teach you this, is to show you how when a pokemon loves and cares for you enough, it's attack power grows in times of need, and this will be the 1st long step to that road''

''CLOYSTER'' he roared
    ''UE YOUR EXTREME COLD ATTACK''!!!!''

mizu-dragon

Years
  • This Pok?mon must have an excellent trainer... perhaps he is one of the few who has seen what is inside the shell...
    At the command by Baker there was barely a spilt second to breathe. I had never had a problem with the cold, but...
    "Brace yourself!" As soon as I had finished speaking the blizzard wind hit. Vaporeon hugged the ground in an attempt to keep the damage minimal, and as the attack continued her Substitute dissolved into a thousand particles that joined the snowy blast. The wind howled around us, and Vaporeon began to stiffen. I saw that she was weakening.
    "Aquaria!!!!!!!!!!!!" The world could hear my cry over the screaming wind. I buckled down, afraid that she would not make it, but then...
    The blast lessened. A starry light descended upon my Pok?mon... my friend... it was the wish. "Look up, Aquaria! Look up, and find hope!"
    As the glowing healing surrounded her, Aquaria began to straighten up. She felt her strength returning and closed her senses to the bitter cold.
    "VAPOREON!" In a fericious battle cry, she stood upright and the wind broke like glass. Her eyes flashed open and were set on her target.
    Whuh... why can I feel her energy?
    "Attack!"
    "Eon!" The water Pok?mon rushed forward as fast as could be. The Cloyster noticed the advance and began to close its shell, but Vaporeon dashed forward. Right as the crack was closing, a ball of shadow was fired in a furious blast of energy. Expertly guided, it hit the Cloyster's inner body a milisecond before the shell closed again.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • OOC - very impressive RP'ing ^^

IC - Baker was smiling to himself, he watched as the vaporeon fired the shadow ball straight at the inside of Cloysters shell, Cloyster did not have time to close its shell, on the contary, it had trapped the ball of shadow power inside the shell upon the opening, Cloyster however reopened it's shell, a look of strain on it's face

baker heard the pokemon talking to him, he heard the melodie of it's sould flowing throagh his very heart and into his soul

yes cloyster, I know

Baker looked at the determined face of this extremely powerful, inteligent, and loving Trainer, but she was however young, and compared to the level she has the ability like few others to get to, she was still nieve, baker knew upopn seeing her she was something special, and baker knew it was his duty to help her in any way he could

He prepeared for his final attack which would end the battle

''Cloyster.....use thunde.......''

he stopped in mid word.....he stared at the ground thinking hard, and then at cloyster who was smiling at him, althoagh it was still in pain

uuuuum, perhaps you are right cloyster, perhaps it wopuld be more reqarding to see her go far then for the unrewarding victory of one mere battle

Instead baker called another attack, an attack which would leave the match a complete draw, but show here what a pokemon can do when you reach your ultimate bonf with it

''Cloyster,'' he said at a calm and steady tone ''You know what we must do, and I know you are prepeared.''

Cloyster nodded its head

It began to glow, from the bottom of it's shell up, until its entire shell was covered in glowing light

baker heard onwatchers talking
    ''it.....it....ITS USING EXPLOSION!!''

Instantly they began to run in all dirctions, he saw the look of panic on the trainers face, but she stood her ground, as baker knew she would, in fact the only trainers remaining, were himself, the opponent, and the strange but awefully familiar trainer who was leaning against the tree

Cloyster closed it's eyes and gave one more

''cl cloyster'' in it's mystical voice, before sending a high explosion that could be seen for miles to go, Cloyster used it's explosion attack, but that wasnt it, Baker knew that the wish could still save vaporeon, so there was one last move needed to make sure the wich could not remain, this attack would also help this traiuner see what he was hoping to show her

Cloyster began to glow another colour....a dark colour

it was destiny bond..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back