• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Race Version 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Aw, this little fella looks adorable, like a chibi version of Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast. It has a cute cry too- reminds me of a fading candlelight tinkling against the glass holder.

Looks can be deceiving though, this pokemon is an evil entity that will steal your life force for fuel. Let's vote it up!

Last edited:
    Years

It does evolve into the middle stage at a higher level than I expected. And you can't reach the final form without the dusk stone, but it's worth waiting. Chandelure is a terrifying pokemon to be on the receiving end of a fire blast from.

Years

I like litwick's shiny the best of the line. It's subtle but still looks like a magic flame as this aquamarine color. The shiny for Chandelure is more dramatic my being bright orange, but also makes it look more like a normal chandelier. Lampent meanwhile changes the least between shiny and normal, and is too easy to miss.

Years
    • Seen today

Litwick is safe now. Lampent is next.

The Pokemon Race Version 6.1

Years

I like Litwick more, but still see a kinda cuteness to it, and I'm even not normally a fan of object-based pokemon, this line just is interesting to me. I don't mind voting Lampent up.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years

I can't say that I like the line as a whole. I love the final evolution, but as a line, it's not good. The designs are lazy, the first one is really weak and takes way to long to evolve, and it's just disappointing. Lampent is just all-around bad. This middle evolution is just not worth the wait when training it. Let me put it this way: it takes longer than a typical 600-club or pseudo-legendary to evolve it, but it is much weaker. The line would be better if Litwick evolved at level 25 or 30 or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today

I agree that Litwick should've evolved earlier, but we've saved it anyway. And I don't feel like giving up on Lampent now.

Years

I think they probably made Litwick not evolve by level 25 or 30 in it's debut generation since it's a mid game encounter and will already be at those levels or a little higher when it first appears at Celestial tower, so they wanted you to get to train it some before it evolves. If Litwick had been a pokemon found in the early game at low levels, then they would have probably lowered the threshold to evolve to Lampent too. I am kinda glad that they didn't do that though, because the location where you discover it is perfect for a ghost type pokemon, and it would be a shame to change the setting from the Tower or Strange House.

I think the level of evolution should be highish to reflect the stage it is found, but maybe it didn't need to be quite as high as 41. I think level 37 or 38 evolution to Lampent could be a compromise. Or keep it's level for evolution the same, but have a rare 1% chance to encounter a wild underleveled Lampent if yoy are lucky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back