• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Race Version 6.3

Years
    • Seen yesterday

For Ground/Steel types, we already have Steelix, Excadrill, and Alolan Dugtrio.

As for Copperajah, it's safe now. Time for Dracozolt.

The Pokemon Race Version 6.3

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
    Years

While I understand the dislike of their designs, the reasoning behind these four looking such a mess is actually really interesting in the first place. Meant to be references to dinosaur fossils being mixed up carelessly in the efforts of just getting a full skeleton together for monetary purposes, which was apparently a massive problem for a while.

And besides that, I think the designs are actually quite fun, in the sense that you wouldn't really see Pokemon designs like this besides these guys.

I also appreciate these guys for being the first non-Rock fossils.

As for Dracozolt specifically, it is definitely a bit more niche, but it has a few different teamstyles it can fit into well and not be a drag. Which, really, is the most important part of a Pokemon imo, so I think it's good.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Sand Rush not only doubles the Speed of its user during sandstorms, it also makes them immune to sandstorm damage.

Citra La Magicienne

Years

I wasn't actually expecting to turn the tides with that! An extra note on this, the NPC you go to for reviving the fossils is named Cara Liss, aka, careless, because of the fossil mixup.

And yep, Sand Rush on it is very helpful, especially with it's decent speed, which doubled is very good. On top of that, it has a high attack, which paired with its STAB sig Bolt Beak, means big damage against anything not resistant or immune, and it has the side effect of if it goes first, its doubled damage...oh wait, we've got a massive doubled speed from sandstorm!
    In short, a pretty consistent STAB 170 base power and 100 base attack physical electric is not something to skip over lightly.

Years

Being on sandstorm teams means that Dracozolt is perfect to go against any water mons that dare threaten your rock/ground mons. Especially with that Bolt Break + sand rush combo.

Citra La Magicienne

Years

While I imagine it's a lot more niche and less consistent, there is something to also be said it's place on Trick Room teams with Hustle and min speed, essentially a now STAB physical 255 base power on a 100 base attack Electric. The 20% accuracy hit sucks, but it's an interesting twist in my opinion.

Years

In case you have to deal with pesky grass mons trying to beat your rock/ground mons Dracozolt has access to a plethora of fire type moves. I think it can even fit in a sunny day team since it can learn fire blast. 80 sp. atk. is below average but still usable, and there's still fire fang.

Last edited:
    Years

I find it interesting that we never see what the bottom half of Dracozolt originally was. The pokedex entries state that it was a different dinosaur that went extinct from eating all of its food resources. What could it have been?

Years

I'm not a huge fan of these designs but I do see what Game Freak's intentions were. A mix-and-match type of pokemon for the fossils. Honestly I think that is brilliant.

Back