• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I edited the History, and I think it's better.

Name: Alivia Sloan

Nickname: Ali

Sex: Female

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance:
jVbbh2h.png

Ali is about 5'2" tall and has a thin frame. She ties her long, black hair in a ponytail most of the time, unless she's exploring or climbing, where it's in a tight bun instead. Ali has dark skin and grey eyes and tends to wear shorts and t-shirts, since they give her the most range of movement.

Personality: Ali is an adventurous soul, her curiosity drawing her to forbidden areas. She speaks rather quickly, which sometimes affects other people from understanding her. She tries not to let this bother her, but she does get a bit irritated after repeating herself multiple times. Ali is rather energetic, bouncing in spot when she waits for something or tapping her fingers on a desk, but she is also impatient and taking too long on something can cause her to walk out on it.

When she's angry at someone, she just goes very quiet as the rage builds up. The unfortunate soul who upsets her in this state will have a lot of emotions thrown at them, even if most of it wasn't their fault.

Although she isn't overly introverted nor extroverted, Ali does sometimes keep to herself if she's working on something, from figuring out how to sneak in some place to just grooming Feather. She is responsible, but her first priority is Feather, then any work she needs to do.

History: Tia Paget and Hollis Sloan, Ali's mother and father respectively, had met in Oreburgh City 15 years ago. Tia was an intern at the Pokemon Center there and Hollis worked in the Oreburgh Mine. About a year later, they had gotten married and moved to Hearthome, a more child-friendly city.

Ali lived all her life until now in Hearthome City with her mother, who works at the Pokécenter there as a fully-fleged nurse. Ali's father, went back to Oreburgh City, when she was one, to better support the family. She writes him often, about every other week. With her father out of town and her mother working the night shift and on call during the day, Ali tends to be alone most of the time and having to occupy herself. And with an adventurous spirit, she gets in trouble with her mother a lot and getting grounded as a result.

She would sneak into Amity Square to watch people playing with their Pokémon, backstage of the Super Contest Hall to watch the coordinators, or inside the Pokémon Gym to watch trainers battle. She wanted a Pokémon of her own so very badly but her mother had little experience in catching Pokémon, only taking care of them. When she was 12, during one of her 'visits' to Amity Square, Ali found a Pokémon egg, cold from being out from the nest so long. Taking it home, after getting scolded by her mother, she took care of the egg, her mother only letting Ali keep it so she can stay out of trouble. About a month later, the egg finally hatched a Starly, whom Ali named Feather.

His stubborn nature sometimes dragged her into battles they couldn't win but Ali still tried to hone their skills to get better as a team, practicing in Amity Square at night while her mother was at work. Their nightly practice strengthened their bond and battle theory but theory is nothing in the face of experience and they continued to lose battles. This caused Feather to become ever more motivated to getting better, even more than Ali did.

A year later, Ali found a poster on the bulletin board in her apartment building for the Pokémon Trainer Academy, the perfect thing to take her and Feather's training to the next level. Sending an application letter in the mail, she eventually got a reply. Both of her exams went poorly though, Ali and her Starly communicating well in the practical exam but otherwise doing terrible, and she barely passed the written exam, her knowledge of Pokémon eggs and youth being the main thing that she excelled in. Feather's enthusiasm and Ali's bond with him were one of the reasons she even was accepted. Packing her bags and saying good-bye to her mother, promising she will write letters, Ali and Feather set off to the Pokémon Trainer Academy.

Pokémon:
Species: Starly - Male
Nickname: Feather
Personality: Feather is a sassy little Pokémon whose stubborn nature causes him to start fights even when he's at a disadvantage.
Lvl: 10
Moves: Pursuit, Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Roost, Uproar

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hey everyone! There was a pretty big hiatus in the RP due to real life stuff taking over a lot of the most prolific posters free time. The RP is getting kicked back into gear and if you speak to the GM's (Yellow and Megaman) they'll give you any information you need. Alternatively the regular players like myself are all pretty friendly and happy to brainstorm. Just thought I'd put this out there because our GM's are hard at work getting the actual IC stuff moving again. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Aye I am still here as well, but I am changing stuff with my character probably, I may retire my 2nd character for a bit. So that I am not getting into stuff too much with two character. She might return though. I will have a IC post in the next IC day for her leaving, although it will be a later post in the IC day.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Thanks, Synthet! I would've posted earlier, but I wanted to have a response ready for the SUs we've been sent before I wrote. vwv

Announcement
The etherpad we were using to store our teams was upgraded by Mozilla, rendering the old pad uneditable. I've fixed this by getting us a new pad. No information was lost. https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/PTA_Character_Party

The day will be ending soon. We're going to be moving on without Amber I'm sorry to say, which means Mark will be having a battle with Gary Oak himself! ...How exciting~ We'll be joint posting that soon, after which the day will be ending in short order.

Because this previous day was a normal day, the upcoming day is going to be... Holiday Hijynx! Stay tuned for TROUBLE AND MAKE IT DOU--... Santa's journey around the world~

SU

Angelo Xenofen by Hexoc
Although he keeps it covered most of the time, Angelo's left arm is covered in burns that haven't healed from early childhood.

The descriptions of these burns raise a couple of concerns. Did you mean he has scars leftover from burns that did heal, or were you perhaps referencing Houndoom's pokedex entry?

"The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever."

I interpreted this as a lingering, almost-phantom-esque-pain, rather than the burn never healing. This is because a burn that never heals is a burn that results in the victim's death. Would you mind terribly rephrasing the wording to reflect this?

Manny Sanchez by Biogoji
who in the words of his former Principal "Would have sex with anything anything that moves"
Hmm... Careful there! There's nothing wrong with his personality in need of fixing, but ask yourself if Pokemon itself could get away with saying this about Brock--let alone a 14 year old... Your choice of words was pretty intense there, and I'd hate to see you get in trouble with anyone is all. vwv

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Manny was born in a town close to Fortree City, his father met his mother shortly after moving to Hoeen from Kanto. Manny went to Fortree Primary School where he was expelled from shortly after his fourteenth birthday, he had been a trouble marker since day one and the main reasons that brought the idea of him expelled from the school were "Hitting on teachers to get higher marks, starting a rumor that a teacher he didn't like was selling Cocaine at the Mall, beating up a kid that was hitting on his best friend's girlfriend, making his Ivysaur use sleep powder on an annoying girl that had a crush on him and finally but not least the incident that got him expelled beating up three transfer students from Johto that called him "Dirty Sanchez". Following being expelled his family moved back to Kanto when his father got an job offer from Professor Oak, his parents then made him apply to get into the Academy with Oak pulling some strings to get Gary to ignore Manny being expalled from his old school, Manny aced the battling part of his exams but had some trouble on the written examination, he ended up being placed in the Entei Dorm
I apologize, but your character's history is much shorter than it needs to be to meet the minimum requirements of the application. vwv It's about 200 words and the minimum is 350 words. What I would like you to do is tell me more about his parents. I want to know what they're all about, how they feel about their son. I also want to know if he had friends and how other people treated him. How did girls tend to react to all this flirting he's apparently doing? Did he have friends? Did he actually get dates?

...Do his pokemon ever get frustrated with his antics and level him mid-sentence? You know, things like that.

Alivia Sloan by Vendily
History: Ali lived in the Sinnoh region all her life until now, in Hearthome City. Her adventurous spirit got her in trouble many times because she would sneak into Amity Square to watch people playing with their Pokémon, backstage of the Super Contest Hall to watch the coordinators, or inside the Pokémon Gym to watch trainers battle. She wanted a Pokémon of her own so very badly but her mother, who worked the night shift at the Pokécenter, had little experience in catching Pokémon, only taking care of them. When she was 12, during one of her 'visits' to Amity Square, Ali found a Pokémon egg, cold from being out from the nest so long. Taking it home, after getting scolded by her mother, she took care of the egg, her mother only letting Ali keep it so she can stay out of trouble. About a month later, the egg finally hatched a Starly, whom Ali named Feather.

His stubborn nature sometimes dragged her into battles they couldn't win but Ali still tried to hone their skills to get better as a team, practicing in Amity Square at night while her mother was at work. Their nightly practice strengthened their bond and battle theory but theory is nothing in the face of experience and they continued to lose battles. This caused Feather to become ever more motivated to getting better, even more than Ali did.

A year later, Ali found a poster on the bulletin board in her apartment building for the Pokémon Trainer Academy, the perfect thing to take her and Feather's training to the next level. Sending an application letter in the mail, she eventually got a reply. Both of her exams went poorly though, Ali and her Starly communicating well in the practical exam but otherwise doing terrible, and she barely passed the written exam, her knowledge of Pokémon eggs and youth being the main thing that she excelled in. Feather's enthusiasm and Ali's bond with him were one of the reasons she even was accepted. Packing her bags and saying good-bye to her mother, Ali and Feather set off to the Pokémon Trainer Academy.
I like what I see so far! The one thing I'd like to know more about is her parents, and her relationship with other people. There's a lot of information on her relationship with pokemon, but not so much with the humans around those pokemon. c:

Lunalie

Years
[FONT=&quot]Name:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Emma Wolf

Sex: Female

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance: This teenager's thin brown hair hangs lazily down at about shoulder length, the only thing preventing it from hanging in her face is a red band strategically tied to hold her hair back. She is about 4'9", seems to be of average weight. Her eyes are dark blue in color and her skin is very light and mostly untanned. While her clothes change on a daily basis she typically dresses rather plainly, usually favoring some sort of blouse and blue jeans. In colder weather she typically keeps a green zip up jacket on her.

If she can help it, she always has a brown cloth satchel draped over her shoulder and it appears to be rather full. She also usually has a set of earbuds hanging own from the back of her neck.

Personality: Emma is a loud, energetic person who often times has difficulty being quiet, especially when excited. In a battle she's louder than ever, often listening to music with one of the earbuds over her shoulder she'll yell and cheer as if she's trying to hear herself over the music. While she's rather impatient when it comes to waiting, she's rather patient when it comes to people. It's hard for her to hold a grudge even when she wants to (However a rivalry she's perfectly capable of).

She's rather open and will try to make friends with anyone if you let her and is not shy of meeting someone new. She can be sympathetic but she's kind of clueless when it comes to touchy subjects, sometimes not noticing she asked a sensitive question until she's far past the point of no return if ever. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
She's very close to her parents and might end up developing a case of homesickness after a while. However her determination to make a name of herself is too strong for her to give up and go home. With her study skills though, this could prove rather difficult, she was never much of a written test kind of person.

History: Emma grew up in Gateon Port of the Orre Region as the daughter of the Pokemart owners of the city. She would spend may days as a kid playing with the other children at the harbor, which oftentimes included bugging the sailors coming into port, begging for stories and what it's like to travel on a boat and watching the occasional Pokémon battle unfold between them.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]This however ended with an event which would eventually be known as the first shadow Pokémon crisis. She was no longer allowed outside on her own and could only watch out her window as the usual Pokémon battles on the dock became far more brutal, sometime the Pokémon even attacking people during these battles, even just spectators. These battle becoming too hard for her to watch eventually turned her away, Opting to help her parents in the store instead.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Several months later news of Team Snagem's defeat and their disbandment was reported on almost every television in the area. Things very slowly started to return to normal as the fear of these "Shadow Pokémon" died down. Emma's father, Still worried about what happened in that few months decided it was too dangerous for her to go out without a Pokémon and managed to acquire a Flaffy for his daughter from a sailor. The moment she obtained her first Pokémon is still the most proud she's ever felt in her life, Excited to show her friends she rushed back out to the dock as fast as she could, eventually deciding to name him Tesla.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Several years later, A strange man approached Emma and several of her friends on the docks and asked them for a Pokémon battle, claiming he wanted to give a new Pokémon of his some experience in battle. Almost immediately Emma accepted the challenged, claiming to be the best trainer in the group. Several of her friends Scoffed at this claim but the battle commenced anyway. Emma sent out Tesla as the stranger sent out a Poliwrath. What she thought would be an easy battle quickly Turned into a Brutal one sided battle like the one's she witnessed years ago. In a final attack Tesla was sent tumbling right into Emma, knocking her back and causing her to hit her head, falling unconscious in result.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Sometime later she awoke back at home, several police officers and her friends that were there with her crowded the room waiting to get her version of the story. After describing the man and the Pokémon her used in as much detail she could manage they informed her that her Flaffy, Tesla was not there with her when she was found by the police. After doing a quick, panicked search she concluded that Tesla was not in his pokeball either. Devastated by the loss, She found herself not willing to do much of anything for the next few weeks aside from silently stocking shelves for her parents. Worried for her, they eventually decided on sending her to an academy they heard about from some customers. Figuring an academy filled with Elite Pokémon trainers would likely be safer than at home currently they called her in and talked about her living there. After giving it some thought she became excited about the idea of coming back home as a skilled trainer, potentially becoming a hero herself next time something happens rather than the victim. Eagerly she accepted and with her parent's blessing took the first boat to the island.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Pokémon:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Species: Emolga
Nickname: Scout

[/FONT]
emolga.gif

[FONT=&quot]
Personality: Obtained as a prize from the repurposed Realgam Tower Scout is a very cute Pokémon and he knows it, Often getting out of trouble he gets himself into by flashing a cute look. While she may not admit it, The main reason she spent her coupons on him was because of how cute he was.
Lvl: 21
Moves: Charm, Nuzzle, Ion Deluge, Air slash, Thunderbolt[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Species: Lapras
Nickname: Nina
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
lapras.gif

Personality: Obtained as a parting gift from her parents, Nina is still a rather new Pokémon to Emma's team. She's a very intelligent, yet quiet Pokémon, still unused to her new trainer.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Freeze Dry, Dragon Pulse, Shock Wave, Water Gun, Body slam. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Name: Carlos Heath

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Carlos is a relaxed, but responsible boy. When he's with a group of people, he feels responsible for them. He's also quite open and amiable, and makes friends quickly, both people and Pokémon alike. He cares deeply for his Pokémon, and they love him in return. He mainly focuses on training Dark-type Pokémon, but wouldn't mind catching a Pokémon of another type, as long as they aren't a Ghost Pokémon.

Carlos has studied Pokémon basics at home already, and thus knows the type advantages and disadvantages among a bunch of other things at heart already. Thanks to his studying, he managed to ace the written examination. In battle, Carlos fights with strategy in mind. He thinks about nearly every move he moves. However, this sometimes ends up being a double-edged sword, as his constant thinking can lead to indecisiveness. This didn't stop him from acing the battling test, though.

Carlos's attitude completely changes when he's facing Ghost-type Pokémon, especially Gastly and its evolved forms. Due to a traumatic experience in his past (see History) he used to be extremely afraid of them. It got better as he got older, but his phobia for the Gastly line has always remained. This is also the reason why Carlos decided to become a Dark-type trainer; because Dark-type Pokémon are strong against Ghost-types.

History: Carlos grew up in Eterna City in the Sinnoh region. Even when he was still very young, his parents noticed he was able to bond with Pokémon pretty well, as he was able to easily befriend both his parents' and the neighbors' pet Pokémon. In his neighborhood, he made friends quickly. Their gender or age didn't matter to him.

When the boy grew up, he became more and more of a troublemaker, often heading into Eterna Forest with his friends. It always was his idea, and he persuaded his friends to follow him. Parents told their children to stay away from Carlos. They were afraid of their children getting hurt by the wild Pokémon in Eterna Forest. His parents told him over and over to not head into the forest, but he disregarded their pleas.

When he was nine years old, he made a bet with his three remaining friends. He betted that they didn't have the courage to enter the supposedly haunted Old Chateau. One of his friends ran away in fear, but Carlos entered with the two others. At first, there didn't seem to be any problem, but then the ghosts started appearing.

Gastly and Haunter surrounded the three young children, almost scaring them to death. Carlos's friends ran somewhere, crying, but Carlos could only watch in terror how the Ghost-types closed in on him. He was saved by a double Dark Pulse that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. The Gastly and Haunter fled, and he turned around to see his father with his two Houndour, Romulus and Remus, standing behind him.

Something changed inside Carlos that day. He became less reckless, and left his troublemaking history behind for good. Instead, he now warned the other kids of going into Eterna Forest, trying to keep them from doing so. This complete change of attitude shocked his parents so deeply that they decided to give him a Pokémon on his tenth birthday. It was a female Psyduck that he named Eluana.

At the age of thirteen, he once explored the area around the abandoned Galactic Eterna Building. It was supposed to be a casual walk, but that changed when he stumbled over something stuck in the dirt. Crawling back up, he started digging by hand. He was surprised to see that the object he stumbled over was actually a Poké Ball. Picking it up, he accidentally released the Pokémon inside, a Murkrow. The Dark/Flying-type attacked Carlos, but he managed to recall him just in time. Despite the Pokémon being hostile, he decided to take Murkrow with him, and named him Astrum. He told his parents he managed to capture Astrum himself.

Soon, Carlos heard about a place called the 'Pokémon Academy'. He asked his parents for permission to apply, and they gave him their approval. Not very long after, he got accepted into the Academy. Remus, now a Houndoom, was sad to see his long-time friend go, and this prompted his father into leaving Remus in Carlos's care. With a promise to take good care of his Pokémon and himself, Carlos set off.

Pokémon:

Species: Psyduck

Nickname: Eluana

Personality: Quite goofy and easygoing. Whenever she's lost in thought, Carlos can try as hard as he wants to get through to her, he won't succeed. Unlike Carlos's other Pokémon, Eluana doesn't like to fight. She prefers to stay outside of her Poké Ball, which is usually okay with Carlos. However, due to her occasional headaches, she sometimes just stops walking, forcing Carlos to either pick her up or recall her.

Lvl: 14

Moves: Water Gun, Confusion, Water Sport, Light Screen

Species: Houndoom

Nickname: Remus

Personality: Remus is the most mature of Carlos's Pokémon, and also his most powerful one. He's calm and collected, and hardly ever loses his cool, even when at a disadvantage in battles. Remus likes to battle, but isn't a supporter of mindlessly hurting the opponent. When he believes the opponent has been hurt badly enough, he refuses to further attack them.

Lvl: 27

Moves: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Thunder Fang, Smog, Taunt

Species: Murkrow

Nickname: Astrum

Personality: Astrum is a peculiar Pokémon. He's one of the only Pokémon Carlos has not managed to bond with, mainly due to being abandoned by his previous trainer and left in the dirt for months. He doesn't just love to battle, he lives to battle. He's cruel and sadistic, and won't stop attacking an opponent, even though they have already been defeated. Because of this, Carlos mostly refrains from using Astrum in battle. Astrum despises Remus, but Carlos thinks that it's because of jealousy.

Lvl: 19

Moves: Wing Attack, Pursuit, Payback, Feather Dance, Frustration

Opening Post:

Carlos smiled as he approached the Academy. He couldn't explain why, but he immediately felt at home there. Maybe it was because of the environment. He wasn't sure, but he didn't really care. All that mattered was that he felt good.

"Hound Houndoom!" Remus barked at Carlos. He had been carrying Eluana on his back, because she suddenly refused to walk again.

Carlos took a few steps back and patted the head of his trusty Dark/Fire-type. "We're almost here, Remus," he told him, "But I think I'll have to put you in your Poké Ball when entering the building. I don't know about you, but I don't think Professor Oak will appreciate an Houndoom running around in the school corridors."

"Hound!" the Houndoom nodded understandingly, earning himself a chuckle from Carlos.

"Don't worry, we're not there yet." He scratched Remus's cheek. "Besides, I still need you to carry Eluana, at least until she can walk again. Now that I think about it..." He went with a hand inside one of his pockets, taking out the letter from Professor Oak. "I have no idea where I have to go, to be honest," he admitted.

"Doom!" Remus rolled his eyes.

"Don't give me that look, Remus," Carlos pouted as if he was actually upset about Remus's gesture, "I haven't been here before, so how am I supposed to know my way already?" While talking to Remus, he hadn't noticed that he had already reached the entrance of the Academy. "I guess it's time for you to go in your Poké Ball now, Remus."

"Houndoom!" Remus barked, giving his young trainer a nod.

"By the way, Eluana, can you already walk now?" Carlos asked. When he didn't get a response from his Pokémon, he set out a sigh, and recalled both his Houndoom and Psyduck. Sometimes Eluana's behavior just gave him a headache, even though he knew she couldn't help it.

He inspected the letter a second time, before looking at a clock on the wall. "6:52 am already?" Carlos cried out. He hurried inside the school building, and ran up the stairs. He hoped he would still be in time for his appointment at 7:00 am.

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
Years
Name: Jacob Winters

Nickname (Optional): Jake

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality : Jake is normally a relatively quiet person and doesn't speak much except to a small number of people. He is incredibly mature for his age, often talking with a voice that makes him sound so much older than he really is, although his age does sometimes come through. He hates socializing with people his age because he feels that most of them are immature, preferring to socialize himself with people relatively older than he is. He suffers from insomnia, thus sometimes staying up until 5:00 A.M.

He enjoys reading about Pokemon mythology, finding it very interesting. Although he won't admit it, he enjoys watching Pokemon Contests, cheering along with other people, talking rarely. He understands ice type Pokemon, having extremely similar personalities. He is very afraid of bug Pokemon, therefore having a flying Pokemon to deal with them. He won't bother people, but if other people annoy him/fight him, he will unleash all his rage bottled up in his heart.

History: Jake is a rich boy who's father was a big time business man in Jubilife City in the Sinnoh Region. His mother was a stay at home mom and made sure to keep the house in pristine condition. With all of the money his father made, the Winters family lived in the penthouse of the most expensive apartment buildings. Because of his family's money, Jake never had any real friends, those that 'tried' only cared about his money, so he shut himself off from people his age.

Jake had always been something of a lover for Pokemon. It was a little thing that barely anyone knew about him, only known by his mother, since she was always home with him. On his tenth birthday, his father was working, as per the norm, and his mother had bought for him, a baby Togepi, practically just born. It was then that his mother had told him that it had been arranged for Jake to go live with his Aunt and Uncle, two Pokemon breeders, at their Daycare at Solaceon Town, thinking it would be good change for him.

He moved to Route 210 and played with almost all of the Pokemon there, even playing with Togepi. He got his Snorunt at age 13 as an egg that a trainer had said they didn't want, so his Aunt and Uncle decided to let Jake take care of it, with their watch, of course. The Snorunt hatched and he became Jake's second Pokemon. After this, his Aunt and Uncle finally let him go hunt a couple wild Pokemon every few days, not wanting him to grow too bored.

When Jake was 15, he was watching TV with Togekiss, Frosslas(they evolved)and his newly caught Gallade when his aunt and uncle rushed over to give him his mail. It was a invitation to go to the Pokemon Trainer school, and as soon as he finished it, he rushed to his Guardians and told them that he was invited to go to the Pokemon Trainer School. After a while of convincing his Aunt and Uncle, who then took a while to convince Jake's mother. It eventually led down to Jake getting on a plane and heading off to the Pokemon Trainer School to do whatever he could do on the amazing Pokemon school.

Pokémon :
468.png

Species:Togekiss
Nickname: Twilight
Personality: Very loyal, like a mother.
Lvl:30
Moves: Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam, Roost, Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave

Pokémon :
478.png

Species: Froslass
Nickname: Snowdrop
Personality: Elegant, fighting for Jake's attention.
Lvl:29
Moves: Taunt, Spikes, Destiny Bond, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Psychic

Pokémon :
475.png

Species: Gallade
Nickname: Perseus
Personality: Bold, humorous.
Lvl:28
Moves: Close Combat, Zen Headbutt, Knock Off, Drain Punch, Swords Dance, Ice Punch

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Name: Samuel E Moore

Nickname: Sam

Age (): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: Sam is a tall young man reaching about 5'10 at only 15. He also has an atheistic build so he isn't tall and skinny by any shot. He typically wears a black athletic shirt covered by a black leather jacket with orange stripes going from the shoulders to the hand end of his jacket. He wears loose fitting jeans and wears black combat boots for intimidation factor in his mind.

Personality: Despite Sam's appearance, he is a really nice guy. Some of his strength lies in his very charismatic and leader like abilities. When he is faced with trouble he rallies his friends and won't give up until the challenge is complete. If one man falls he won't leave them to the wolves, he will pick up them up and carry him back home if necessary. He is also very naive and is taken advantage of easily. His helping nature sometimes gets in the way of detecting people's motives accurately.

History: Sam grew up with his mother and father in Celadon City, where gambling was a common occurrence. Everyday his mother would gamble a lot of money to feed her unrelenting addiction. Sam had only his father to rely on and to love and trust. His father showed him what it was like to be fit and told him what a true man does to lead his people. "Leading isn't about who has more men, it's the bond between the leader and the follower that matters. As his dad and Sam spent most of their days together and his mom's gambling problem getting worse, money started to fall through the cracks and soon their house was in jeopardy. Sam's dad's health started to worsen and he eventually died. "Son" he told him as he died. "There will be a boat to take you somewhere nice, somewhere you belong." as his dad died a red and white ball fell out his hand. It was Sam's very own pokemon.

Pokémon:
Species: Eevee
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Eevee is very bold and follows the same principals as Sam.
Lvl(Max 30):
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Tackle, Bite, Quick Attack, Head Butt.

Opening Post
I gazed upon the massive boat that would take me to an island filled with pokemon trainers that I could learn from and battle with. I looked over my ticket one last time, though I should have had it memorized by now with its pokeball pattern and what not. I handed my ticket to the ticket taker who wore the common navy blue outfit and white hat and gloves of a sailor. He examined the ticket then usher me onto the vessel. I waited in a common area as I stared at a wood burning fire going up and out of the ship. The blue cushioned chairs were very comfortable as well as the red velvety carpet in the center. At this point I figured Eevee would love to see this, so I took out my pokeball containing Eevee and called him out. Eevee looked around for a second as if on high alert then calmed down. "Its ok buddy." I said rubbing his brown head. "Your safe, were going to a place to become better." Eevee looked up at me and I could see the ambition in his eyes. Dad would be so proud of me. I thought as a knot in my throat tightened and my stomach churned as I had to fight the urge to cry. He had been dead for a month yet I should move on, yet I couldn't as we was the only one to ever care for me since my mom was hooked on gambling. She always blew away all the money we ever had and came home drunk practically every night. I went out to feel the breeze of the air as the sunset over the horizon and soon I would hopefully find my calling at the pokemon trainer academy. I watched the sunset and watched all the wingulls fly alongside the boat it soothed me and I went back to my cabin and crashed. I awoke to the horn blaring on the boat, as I looked at the time I knew that could only mean one thing, we arrived. I put eevee back in his pokeball and headed out. The sun glared down at me making it impossible to see for a few seconds but as my eyes adjusted I could see a marvelous beach in front of me. I could see children playing with krabbys, beautiful women lying on a stretch chair under a red and white umberlla. This place looks perfect for anyone to start a Pokemon training career. This is my perfect place to start my pokemon training career.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lunalie: I know you already know this, because you've been in the skype chat and stuff, but you're totally accepted!

@Pineapplus: I liked your opening post. You are also accepted!

@PokemonNerd65: I was startled to notice that a level 28 Gallade was possible. Accepted!

@McN1pple_TheGr8: All of the Sams. I will accept your application as well. 'w'

@EVERYONE: And we've finally hit our new IC day! Today is a free form day, which means normal class schedules will not apply. This is a good chance for everyone to spring back into the pace of things after the holidays. ICly it is Christmas, the weather is very snowy and Team Rocket is up to no good.

What I would recommend is that everyone buddy up with someone, preferably someone new that they haven't RP'd with very much if at all, and use this day to just get to know other characters~ Build your own plots together. There's also the Christmas plot, which you may use at your own convenience.

If you want to try and track down Jessie, James and Meowth let me know. Otherwise you're free to find your presents across the island at your own leisure, their contents up to your imagination of course. Maybe consider making a journey out of it~ Some of the presents are from Delibird, others may be from parents or friends. No more than five rare candies if you choose to go that route.

If you wish to ICly seek out a teacher to learn something that's fair as well.

Oh, and please welcome our newcomers. Hope you all had great holidays!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If you wish to interact with my characters, please only interact with Dalex right now. I will not reply with Ariane, as I plan to send her out for a while so I can get used to playing just one character for now. She will return at a later date. If by a chance you catch Dalex and Ariane, when I am rping them together, I may let Ariane reply very lightly.

And by a chance, if you were around for when Dalex caught Hawlucha and Shinx, please disregard it as I have decided to omit both from Dalex ever catching them. That being said, Dalex only has Treecko, Froakie, Red Fletchling, and a Rufflet.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Except that I'm afraid I'm going to drop out before I even joined. I'm sorry, but I'm just not active enough around here. It was merely a coincidence that I came around today to see you accepting my character.

Again, sorry.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
If anyone wants to interact with Mark feel free. Considering he won the previous tournament, some interaction related to that would be interesting just to see the effects of it. I'm considering a small arc based around it about various rumors being spread around about his battle with Valorie and Sammy.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
So just a quick question, I've never actually RPed before so i was wondering how it works here. I write novels but thats static versus a dynamic flow like RP. Anyways any help is appreciated. Thanks

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Its more or less similar, except picture multiple people writing segments of said novel. Most RPers usually write in the third person but just think of it like you writing small parts of the overal story in your characters perspective.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ok. Here is the huge deal of not making my post.

If i remember, i am signed up.but i want to confirm it. Second, nothing occurs to make my character to introduce himself. Third, i am still polishing my "3rd Person" Skills. Fourth, probably the worst of all... My Skype Account was entirely wiped out. Fifth, i am on a new computer, and i lost the Etherpad's link. Sixth, i kinda am busy lately, Seventh. I kinda forgot things about my character, and i lost the page of it...

Therefore, i am in trouble right here, right now.

Edit 1: Nvm, i resurrected my Skype account.

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
I am thinking of joining this RP. I was thinking of being a teacher or staff member and saw that there was a surprisingly low number of human controlled teachers and staff. Hopefully I can get my character profile up soon.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Why do we need to give our pokemon personalities? Are we allowed to use Natures (but make them not affect stats) instead? Also do we need to list abilities for pokemon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back