• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png

The Ice plains, near the mountains

Rylie hand shook rather violently as she took a long drink from her thermos. The piping hot coffee inside helping her keep warm as she continued north along the Icy plains. Aside from her initial encounter her search has proven rather uneventful so far, finding nothing more than a few snowrunt or snover occasionally that she steered clear of as she continued north. Starting the third hour of her search, the sun was beginning to set behind the nearby mountains.

Rylie sighed as she slowly made her way closer to the mountain cliffs, returning the now nearly empty thermos to her backpack and replacing it with a flashlight. "It's going to start getting a lot colder soon, I should probably start heading back." She thought to herself, looking towards the setting sun.

Rylie shook her head quickly at the thought "No, Not yet. The book mentioned something about a mountain when I read it through the first time. I need to make it to the base first at the very least. I still have some time."

Rylie absentmindedly patted at her right coat pocket as she continued along, making sure Hakan's ball didn't manage to fall out. She initially didn't think it would take this long but after a while of searching with nothing resulting from it she returned Hakan to his ball so he wouldn't get exhausted before a potential battle.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--​

A short moment later she made it to the base of the mountains, now fully in the shade of the summits she gave a quick look over with her flashlight. There were quite a few tracks leading up into the mountains however no Pokémon seemed to be around.

Sighing a bit, Rylie's attention turned back to the academy. "Well, I guess I should he…" She began before interrupting herself as she caught the glimpse of a small, white, foxlike Pokémon making its way towards the mountain.

The foxlike Pokémon tilted its head a bit at the sight of this strange person wandering near their home so late. Slowly it approached Rylie, giving her a curious look.

"That must be it! It looks just like Mr. Robinson's Vulpix! Only, snowier looking..." Rylie thought to herself. Quickly scrambling through backpack, she pulled out a few of the pokéball she purchased before departing for the Academy. "They don't seem to be aggressive… Maybe I should just throw a ball." She wondered, never catching a wild Pokémon before. Without much of a thought put behind it she threw one of the standard pokéballs at the foxlike Pokémon.

The Vulpix looked rather confused as the ball hit it square on the forehead, disappearing shortly after. With a few shakes though the ball shatters into pieces as the Pokémon reemerges with a new found vigorous expression. With a sharp cry it summoned a sudden snowfall to the immediate area as it stared Rylie down.

"Nope! Didn't work at all!" She panicked, Scrambling for Hakan's ball. "Mud slap! Quick!" Rylie shouted just as the Swinub inside was beginning to materialize. Quickly jumping into action Hakan bucked his hind legs, Kicking up some of the base, dirty slush into the Vulpix's eyes.

The wild Vulpix did not seem to enjoy the attack one bit. With a deep breath it blew a sharp, bitter wind in Hakan's direction. Small ice crystals began to form across his fur as the wind buffed against him, fortunetly he didn't seem to be too affected by it.

"Alright Hakan! Prepare an Avalanche!" Rylie called out. Hakan, all too familiar with this attack, began to stamp his hind legs once again, kicking up flurry after flurry of snow that only grew the longer he did so. The Vulpix, taking the opportunity to attack once more, charges up a bright pink ball of energy and launches it at Hakan who, unlike the previous attack, didn't seem to take it as well this time as it clashed into him head on.

"Swin…" Hakan began to cry in a bit of a whining growl. Not needing any sort of instruction from there he charged forward. Bringing the familiar flurry of snow behind him as he rushed forward. Slamming his head into the Vulpix burying it in snow shortly after.

"Good job Hakan! Keep an eye on the pile! When they dig their way out use tackle!" Rylie instructed with a white pokéball in hand. Staring intently at the battlefield despite her vision being somewhat obscured by the snow. Soon after, with a bright glow of pink energy, The Vulpix emerged from the snow and with another cry it shot the same pink ball from before. Fortunately for both Hakan and Rylie though it seemed to steer somewhat wide, Colliding with nothing but snow as Hakan slammed his head one more time into the wild Pokémon.

Buckling down on its front paws, the Vulpix began to breath in once again, preparing yet another attack despite being quite worn out. "Not again you don't!" Rylie shouted, Throwing a white pokéball at the back of the Vulpix's head. Interrupting its attack, the Pokémon gave a bit of a surprised cry as it was once again caught inside a pokéball. The ball quietly shook as both Rylie and Hakan intently stared at it, expecting it to shatter just like the one before. This time however it merely stopped with a small satisfying click.

Rylie tried desperately to contain her sheer excitement but still couldn't manage to hide the big toothy grin on her face as well as the small arm pump that she did once she realized this one wasn't going to shatter. She barely managed to keep herself from skipping as she went to pick up her first captured wild Pokémon.

"I'm… This…" She began to say, not sure what or how to say it. After a moment of staring at the pokéball in silence before looking down at Hakan. "Let… Let's go, its going to get cold soon." She finally managed to say.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney was pleased with the progress Miko and Titania had been making so far – even if the results weren't staggering. Usually Miko would have complained of growing tired by now when they had trained at home, but with a partner to spur her on she was trying much harder than usual! Titania seemed to have endless stamina, refusing to give up the chase until she had finally caught Miko. Sydney couldn't help but feel lucky to have captured such a diligent Pokémon on her first day at the Academy. She was about to call a halt to the training exercise, such as it was, when Miko evidently decided she was tired of being treated like prey. She was the number one Pokémon around here after all!

The Pachirisu skidded to a stop, spinning around to face the oncoming Cutiefly and bared her fangs, blue sparks dancing across the electric pouches on her cheeks. "Listen here you evil PokePuff, after Sydney I'm the one in charge around here and I'm not putting up with being bullied by a psycho!" She snarled before leaping forward, the blue sparks spreading across her entire body before she slammed into Titania, giving her a nasty shock and sending her careening through the air. Miko landed assuredly on all fours, dispelling her electric aura and turning her nose up imperiously. "You might be terrifying, but you're going to be terrifying for us not at us. Or else."

Sydney watched the whole thing with her jaw hanging open before giving an exultant whoop and jumping into the air, pumping her fists in excitement. "Miko, Miko, you did it, that was an Electric type move! That was AMAZING!" She cheered, running forward to scoop Miko up and shower her with cuddles, which the Pokémon was all too happy to accept. "What a day! Are, uh, you okay Titania?" She asked the Bug and Fairy type who seemed to have regained her bearings and was staring at Miko. She let out a tiny squeak to let Sydney know she was okay but seemed to still be processing having been beaten up by Miko for the second time that day.

"I'm so proud of you both, you did amazing! Let's get you both checked out at the Pokémon Centre one more time before we grab some food, okay? It's starting to get dark and I'd prefer we had a better handle on our battling before we go checking this place out at night. Looks like we get to spend an evening getting our study on girls."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira: Oak Town and the Abandoned Power Plant

Dallas yawned as he realized the time of day it was. He had hoped to do far more on his first day of exploring, but he got caught up in looking around the town more than he expected. He knew he probably should head back to the dorm and try to scavenge for berries tomorrow. But he wanted to make one last stop. A store that seemed to carry an assortment of things.

He entered the shop, "Ah young man! Good evening! You just made it in time. We will probably be closing soon." The shopkeeper said from another room.

"Thanks! I won't be long." Dallas said.

"Is there something specific you are looking for? I might be able to help you out." The shopkeeper said, entering the main store from the back.

Dallas looked around, not spotting what he was looking for so he turned to the shopkeeper, "Actually, I was wondering if you carry the collectible vinyl figures."

"Sure do! They are over to the side. You aren't the first to come asking. There was a blue haired girl that came in earlier that asked earlier. I had a feeling she wouldn't be the only one, so I had to get them out on the shelves." The shopkeeper said.

Dallas nodded and walked over to where the shopkeepers had indicated, and sure enough, most sets were there. Dallas randomly chose 5 and went up to the counter. He bought them, thanked the shopkeeper and walked out.

He had only walked a few feet from store before another person ran into him, he staggered a bit more from earlier due to the bag he now carried, the person who had run into him, fell back on the ground.

"Geez. I didn't think I had that much trouble about being in people way." Dallas sarcastically said, although not in a negative voice.

"Oh I am so sorry!" The girl exclaimed.

Dallas remember the voice and sure enough, it was his neighbor. She was sitting on the ground, a few bags in her hands, "Well if it isn't the Pidgey girl." Dallas smiled, offering a hand down to the girl.

"Oh. You're the boy from my dorm. Umm... Dallas right?" She said, taking his hand.

Dallas helped her to her feet, she wiped dust from her clothing.

"And you are Megami. Did you get your pokemon?" Dallas asked, remembering that she had forgotten it earlier.

"Yep! Just as you said! I was able to get my mother to transfer it here!" She said.

"That's good. I was about to head back to the dorms, want to head back with me?" He asked.

"Maybe so other time. I need to check a few more things than I am heading back as well. So... I guess I will talk to you later." Megami said.

"Alright seeya!" Dallas said, they shook each other's hands and walked their separate ways.

He was about to head out of town until a rock was thrown, stopping him in his tracks. He looked in the direction he thought the throw came from and a pokemon stood. It took off in the opposite direction. Wondering why the pokemon had thrown a rock or something toward him, Dallas ran after the pokemon, eventually leading to the abandoned power plant, north of Oak Town.

The pokemon stopped a few yards from the fence to the abandoned power plant. It turned and held up its arms as if ready to fight. Dallas looked at the pokemon for a moment.

"Why did you bring me here?" Dallas asked.

The pokemon waved its hands to fight, "Your that pokemon I saw from earlier aren't you?"

The pokemon nodded, still ready to fight. Dallas studied the looks of the pokemon.

"Ah your a Pawniard!" Dallas exclaimed, looking at its knife like hands.

Dallas had a wonderful idea, "I was originally going to catch an electric type to try new cooking methoods, but you would be an awesome partner for cooking! Especially when cutting meat! Ok then you want to fight, then you go one! Blaze go!" Dallas yelled, throwing his pokemon with a flame sticker up in the air.

Flames scattered and twirled as Vulpix appeared, covering the pokemon in harmless flames. Pawniard didn't waste time. He charged at the fire fox and scratched the pokemon.

"Vulpix, use ember!"

The fox pokemon quickly recovered from the scratch and shot the metal pokemon with embers that came from its mouth. The Pawniard cried out, but recovered and used its knives to scratch the ground and throw small rocks and dirt at the fox.

"Dodge it and use Ember on the ground!"

The fox pokemon follower orders and the force behind the ember shot the fox pokemon into the air.

"Heat Wave!"

Vulpix then used heat wave from the ground, but the Pawniard rolled to the side, dodgeing the attack. And came back up and used a fury cutter attack on the falling fox.

Dallas waited for the Pawniard to be right at Blaze, "Heat Wave!"

The Pawniard, in the middle of an attack, was unable to dodge the new attack command and as the fox pokemon used it, it erupted, sending both pokemon flying, but Blaze landed on both feet, while Pawniard crashed to the ground.

"Alright!" Dallas grabbed an empty poke ball from his waist and threw it like a baseball, the poke ball sucked in the pokemon and it started to shake,

..... 3

Ding!

"Woohoo! I caught a Pawniard!" Dallas yelled, running over to his newly caught pokemon.

Dallas looked down into the pokeball, and Pawniard seemed to nod in agreement, but the let itself out and pointed over to a rock that was smooth, but nothing special about it, except Pawniard.

"Oh yeah, each Pawniard has its own favorite rock to sharpen its blades. Is this your's?" Dallas asked.

'Pawn. Pawniard.' The pokemon nodded again.

"Ok I will get it. Let's get you guys home!" Dallas said, returning Blaze and his new pokemon, and picked up the smooth rock that belonged to Pawniard. It was a fairly large rock, but it was light enough for Dallas to carry without much of a struggle. Dallas quickly got away from the old plant, knowing that it could be dangerous if he stayed too long.

Last edited:

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
Soul Datheon : The Trainers Academy

The sun was descending in the horizon. The dusk emitting the beautiful rays of twilight. The bird Pokémon were returning to their habitat. The grass dancing in the cool breeze. Gradually, it was getting dark. A pair of yellow eyes were staring from the hole, which was made in the bark of the tree by the woodpecker Pokémon, Pikipek. The midday form of Lycanroc(s) ready to return to their territory as their night counterpart were ready to lurk around. The group of Krabby returning to the sea while the predators of the ocean started their hunt. It was a peaceful sunset, one of the beautiful wonders unnoticed by the human beings.

There stood a silhoutte of a male with a... Pikachu? It was similar but different. Zooming in, The male was a good-looking blond, with stunning sapphire blue eyes. He was wearing a brown jacket over a white shirt. He was wearing a pair of dark blue pants with eye-catching pair of green sneakers. Standing beside him, was the Pokémon in disguise of a Pikachu, Mimikyu. The ghost but cute, a trait known for fairy types, Pokémon's bead black eyes were gazing around, innocently. The emotions of the Pokémon was concealed by the Pikachu rag. Unless Mimikyu makes squeals or whimpers, The emotion are unknown or assumed in their will. The human was panting while the Pokémon was hopping in excitement, letting out cries which sounded like a command.

"Kyu! Mim... Kyu! Mimikyu!" The ghost/fairy Pokémon 'yelled' at his trainer, grabbing his trainer's wrist with his claw-like shadow tail. It seemed like Mimikyu was trying to drag the trainer further.

"W...Wa...Wait B...Buddy... L...Let m...me t...take... a b...break..." The male spoke, stuttering between his pants. It seemed like he had ran a 100 metre dash as sweat flowed through his face. It earned him a glare from his first ever Pokemon whose real eyes glew yellow.

'WHACK!' The sound of a hammer crashing into a skull echoed through the area. "OWW!!!" The human let out a scream in pain as He was sitting in the ground, holding his head as Mimikyu continued to give his glare with a solar energy cloaked tail in the shape of hammer. The Wood Hammer would have fend his soul away... Or is it his name?

Soul Datheon, A teenager from the tropical region Alola, is a Pokémon Trainer who was sent to the Trainer Academy by his father, who encouraged his son's carreer despite being affected by poverty. He was intended to reach the academy this morning, But his [bad] luck, He got here later, very late because of the ferry, which got delayed because of the unexpected assault from one of the dangerous Pokémon of sea, Dhelmise. He thanked the sailors for restoring the hole created by Dhelmise's Anchor Shot. Otherwise, He would be the meals of one of the carnivores of the vast ocean.

Soul unzipped his travelling bag, taking his energy drink from it before taking a sip from him. It was made by one of the most energized compound nutrients, Thanks to the advanced technology. Mimikyu was running around his dorm room, chasing Soul's second capture, The rock puppy Pokémon, Rockruff who was running around, laughing. Since it is already late, They decided to take a look around the academy before getting back to his dorms.

Soul switched to his blue jacket, which was issued to the students of Suicune dorm. "This looks good, Doesn't it?" He asked the opinion of his Pokémon, right in time for Mimikyu to catch Rockruff. The Pokémon turned their gaze to their trainer, giving a positive answer with a nod. "Thanks guys! So... Ready to go?"

"Kyu!"

"Row!"

--[/The Battlefield/]--

After looking around the academy, overlooking the library, classes, Soul stepped on the battle field with his buddy. They were pretty impressed by the structure of the academy. Maybe, They had more fun head than they ever expected.

"Since noone is around... How about we train until their return? Maybe a good warm-up," The trainer smirked as the Disguise Pokémon took a battle stance against himself. "Rockruff! You are up!" The trainer called as he tossed the capture device, which opened up in mid-air, releasing bluish white energy.

"Lets go! Rock Tomb!" Soul commanded, throwing his arm forward, just right before Rockruff materialized. The rock puppy was outlined in white before hurling a boulder at the Mimikyu, who was ready to face anything.

The ghost type Pokémon was surrounded in a rock brown aura before releasing the same boulder. Mimikyu copied his friend's move by a handy skill 'Copycat'. The two moves collided, bursting into sand and dust as the training continues.

~~~~~

As it was about to get completely dark, Soul called off the training. Now, He is in his walk in the corridor of the academy with his Rockruff and Mimikyu. "The battlefield is better here. Maybe, We could use it every day. Soon, We'll be one of the strongest around!" Soul exclaimed in determination as He pumped his fist. His goal was to pull his father out of the ocean of poverty while swimming towards his next goal: A Pokémon Master. He'd do whatever he can. Nothing could stop him... or thats what he thought. Drown in his void of thoughts, He was walking towards his dorm, most likely to bump into anyone but haven't yet.

Team:

Mimikyu

Level - 11

Moves:

- Wood Hammer

- Double Team

- Copycat

- Drain Punch

- Scratch

- Shadow Ball

Rockruff

Level - 9

Moves :

- Tackle

- Rock Tomb

- Bite

- Fire Fang

- Sand Attack

- Leer

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
(Silvana and Naomi)

Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 11
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
DaIxMHU.png

Level 11
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Silvana was in another world entirely when a pokeball was quite literally thrust into her hands! Her eyes widened in surprise, and the next thing Naomi would know the shorter girl had bounced forward ever so slightly to give her a little hug in response. "Thank you~!" she chirped rather eagerly, not much minding anything else right now. That was the friendliest thing she'd been treated to all day! ...Thankfully, her breastplate wasn't a one-piece ornament and gave under the pressure, making it significantly less uncomfortable than it would have been to hug metal.

Naomi's face turned a deep shade of crimson as the rather petite girl suddenly latched onto her in a hug. The older of the two girls' mind went blank for a moment, as she quickly glanced around to make sure no one was around to actually see this sort of thing, before hastily prying herself out of the hug and taking a few steps away from Silvana. The older teen took a few moments to regain her composure, going as far as to smooth out her t-shirt, before returning her attention towards Silvana with a rather annoyed glance.

"W...Whatever... Are ya gonna catch that electric rat now or not?" Naomi questioned, her eyes moving in the direction of the Emolga.

Silvana bashfully squirmed a bit where she stood. "Y-Yeah... Sorry." she softly replied, turning about and flashing the briefest of glances over her shoulder. "Y'hear that, Carby? We've got a chance! Let's catch this Emolga for Naomi!" Silvana remarked, her mood having taken a sharp turn for the enthusiastic. ...And then she threw the pokeball at Emolga. Predictably, it was swatted back at her. The emolga looked insulted. " . . . Oh. Right." Silvana lamented rather awkwardly. This pokemon wasn't going to play along with her, was that it?

"Carbuncle, use stockpile!" Silvana commanded. Carbuncle looked up at her for a moment in response before hopping up onto a nearby table and promptly devouring everything on it, plates and all. Silvana winced at the sight. " . . . That's not ours, Carby. I told you not to go around eating things like that--Nevermind! Use Charge Beam!" Silvana began to scold rather lamely, but quickly shrugged it off. This emolga was being oddly patient with her.

...And then it dodged the blast. It just kinda leapt out of the way, as if it had seen it coming. "Again!" Silvana commanded, but once again the attack failed to find its mark. Carbuncle wasn't even trying to lead his shot, resulting in some frustration on the trainer's side. Silvana went quiet for a moment, quirking a brow as the emolga shook its finger at her as if to mock her for the attempt.

"This is actually painful to watch..." Naomi thought, rolling her eyes at the display. She honestly was having trouble figuring out which was worse, the Emolga's rather annoying attitude, the Jigglypuff's rather pathetic attempts at trying to battle the Emolga, or the fact that Silvana was actually ordering her Jigglypuff to attack the Emolga with Electric-type moves. "Come on, kid... Haven't ya ever battled before? Your Jigglypuff looks like its tryin' to miss its attacks on purpose. Not to mention the fact that you're usin' an Electric-type move against an Electric-type Pokémon..."

"O-Oh... No..." Silvana very softly replied, turning a bit red in embarassment. Come on, there had to be a break somewhere around here... This move clearly wasn't impressing her new friend, but ... she had other moves! She should use one of those! "Carby use Psywave!' Silvana blurted out in a rush. Carbuncle seemed to focus, tensing into a ball for a moment. A blue aura surrounded the emolga and it screeched, just sorta collapsing. Although the charge beams hadn't hit, they'd still powered her psywave up into something devastating! "Yeah~! Like that! You can't dodge what you can't see coming!" Silvana cheered. It would be more accurate to say that you couldn't dodge things that weren't projectiles to begin with, but well--she was trying. Shifting to gesture to Naomi, she beamed proudly. "Got'im!" she announced. Huh! That hadn't been that hard.

"Why is she lookin' over at me, like she's askin' for approval or somethin'?" Naomi questioned. Was it just something that all kids did? Now that she thought about it, Izumi was sort of the same way. Whenever the two sisters would hang out or something of the sort, the younger of the two siblings would always try to impress Naomi and then engage the older girl as if she was seeking some sort of praise or satisfaction from her. "Not bad, kid... But this ain't exactly over yet. Ya landed an attack, but are ya gonna catch it? Is it even down for the count?"

You could just see the happiness in Silvana's expression as Naomi dignified her inexperience. Few things felt so good as to receive that sort of acknowledgement. Wait-huh? Catch? Oh, right! Silvana turned, only to catch the emolga beginning to get back up. "Don't you do it!" Silvana commanded, pointing an accusing finger at the wild pokemon. It hesitated a moment, standing slightly further up. "Nuuuuuuu-uh!" Silvana warned, jabbing her finger a couple of times at it. Was she trying to scold it into submission? Carbuncle watched wiat bewilderment, plucking a fork from his mouth and tossing it aside haphazardly. ...And then, something miraculous happened. The emolga dropped to the ground, almost as if it had given up. It looked like it could have gotten back up too! ...What was that? Maybe it had just been hit harder than it initially realized, or maybe it realized there was some merit to Silvana's implied threat. Either way, she primed the pokeball she'd been given and tossed it out.

A few moments later, she caught her first pokemon.

"...Whew! We did it! Now I won't need shatter resistant potion bottles to make electric potions!" Silvana cheered, bouncing a bit into the air. ...That was an odd thing to take away from the battle, but she certainly seemed to be on the right track. Turning back to Naomi, she held the ball out in demonstration. "I guess I owe you. I wouldn't have been able to do a thing if you hadn't helped me!" she offered.

Naomi felt some heat rise to her cheeks as she glanced away. The taller girl crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. "Look... all I did was give ya the ball. Ya pretty much did everythin' else on your own, yeah?" Even without looking down at Silvana, Naomi could tell the girl had a smile stretched across her face that was practically screaming with how proud she was at her accomplishments. "Ya should probably take your new... friend to the Pokémon Center. I think it wouldn't mind gettin' a heal after that beatdown, ya know?"

Silvana noticed the embarassment on Naomi's features, but wasn't able to figure out why. Her head lolled to one side for a brief moment. Had she done something odd? She thought about it for a moment before deciding not to pay it any mind. Must just be her imagination! "Oh--Yeah~! I guess I should get heading back to my dorm too... Wanna get a drink and walk back together?" Silvana offered, motioning to lead the way to the pokemon center if the other so allowed.

"I...I actually wanna look around town a bit more, actually..." Naomi replied quickly. She had honestly had her fill of social interactions for the day and honestly the thought of getting some alone time now was high on the older girl's priority list. Still something about the girl was just keeping her from blowing Silvana off entirely. If it would have been anyone else at the academy, she probably wouldn't have had any trouble. Why was this girl making it so difficult for her. "...Maybe next time, alright?"

Silvana was just a tad surprised with that response. Hold on, was Naomi making excuses not to spend time with her? that guilty look in her eyes seemed to suggest such, but at the same time she couldn't really tell how accurate that observation was. She seemed a bit disappointed herself, but decided not to get upset. Nobody liked a crybaby, as they put it. "Oh... Alright." Silvana softly replied. "Next time! I'll try and find something cool to show you by next time. Alright?" the auburn haired girl went on, shaking off her disappointment in leiu of hopefulness. "...Good night!" Silvana added after a moment longer before waving and taking off. She had a pokemon to heal up and some rest to get! She was still a little sore from all those shocks. walking back to the academy on her own was going to suuuuck.

Years
Shelby Hampton

Shelby took Ivrant's hand, hoping that hers wasn't sweaty. She'd had enough embarrassment for one day. She glanced at the shop window again as he spoke and felt her spirits fall a bit. Ivrant had such an… interesting day. And all she had done was mope around at the library. The only good thing about that was that she had met Dorothy. She hadn't battled anyone (she had never been in a battle, period) or caught a new Pokemon today. She hadn't done anything of importance all day.

"S-Sounds like you've had an eventful day! I haven't really done much today. I mean, I've met two people today so that's better than normal…" She trailed off, her cheeks flaming as she realized how much of a loser she was making herself sound like. Could she be any more lame? She cleared her throat and looked down at the Roselia, smiling when he bowed.

"I have a lot of siblings. Six, actually. The house would be pretty chaotic when we were all there." Shelby fiddled with her bun and let out a small squeak when the door to the shop slammed open. Audrey stormed out empty-handed. Shelby let out a small sigh of relief, knowing that they still had money. She looked up at her sister, who was a few inches taller than her, and felt terrified at the furious look on her face. What could have happened in such a short amount of time?

"U-Um, Audrey? Is everything okay?"

"Everything's just peachy, Shub," Audrey huffed, crossing her arms across her chest. A few curled strands of copper hair fell into her face as she glared at the shop window. "I just had a bit of a disagreement with the shopkeeper because I felt that he was charging a bit too much for terrible products."

"Not everything can be held to your standard of perfection, Audrey." Shelby sighed and looked apologetically at Ivrant. "This is my sister Audrey. If you can't tell, we're twins. Audrey, this is Ivrant."

"Pleasure to meet you. If you'll excuse me and my sister, it's getting late and we have a big day tomorrow." Audrey grabbed her sister's hand and started pulling her away. Shelby flushed and gave a flustered wave as she was dragged away for the second time today. She let Audrey ramble on about what she thought was poor customer service until they had to part ways at their dorms. She gave her sister a quick hug before retreating to her room, where she released Cream from her Pokeball.

Today hasn't been a total drag like I thought it would be...

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort

"Oh uh, Nice to...meet... you..." Ivrant blinked as she was gone just as fast as he had met her... geez she really was getting dragged around alot! Well, maybe he'd bump into her again. Ivrant had just taken note to how late it was getting. He was originally going to check out the store but it might be better to get to the dorms before it got too dark... besides, the store owner already seemed pretty darn heated after whatever happened in there. "Need to be up and early for classes tommorow... might be good to get as much sleep as I can." Ivrant said to himself as he started his walk from town back to his proper dorm. It was quite a long walk though... He made sure to have his hand ready to send out his Pokemon just incase he ran into more wild Pokemon.

-----

Thankfully for Ivrant, the trip back was more or less harmless and it was already starting to get dark. The outside was getting quieter as other students around the dorm seemed to have similar ideas or were just wandering around the dorm in their Pajamas to grab some food before heading off to sleep. Ivrant felt out of place still dressed in his beach wear... he also quickly realized just how tired he was. As soon as he made it back to his room, Ivrant didn't hesitate to toss his sandy clothes to the side and hop into the shower. Suddenly he felt a wonderful feeling of relief ride along his spine as soon as that hot water poured down on him. It was only going to get even busier tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
~~ Alola to a 'friend' ~~

After the training which drained their energy, The human-Pokémon trio, which consisted of Soul, Mimikyu and Rockruff, were walking towards their dorms. Still, Soul was drown in his void of thoughts, unaware of the surroundings. The rock pup was walking with him, sniffing down the ground while the Pikachu cosplayer was gazing around, looking for a thing which would interest it. As moon passed by the clouds, The grass rustled, finally snapping Soul out of his thoughts.

"Get ready guys..."

Soul informed his friends as the two Pokémon got into an alert stance. It seemed that they would thrash anything which would appear out of it. But, The trainer received nothing but a hit straight in his face. A coconut was thrown right at his face from the grass. "Oww... What the..." He trailed off in the last part because of the pain. The poor boy was holding his nose in pain, tightly closing his eyes. His teeth were gritted to endure the pain. Mimikyu was alerted, looking at the grass, his bead black eyes glowing yellow while Rockruff started to bark towards the source of the coconut. His day couldn't get any worse. Almost getting a ticket to heaven in the attack of Dhelmise, Late arrival in his first day, A Wood Hammer and now... A Coconut shot.

The attacker jumped out of the grass, who seemed to shadow the moon which was now clear. Mimikyu was gazing at the attacker while Rockruff stopped barking, glaring at the attacker. Soul opened his right eye a little to see the attacker. It was a black-and-white lemur, wearing a half-coconut helmet. "A Passimian?" Yes, He was right. It was indeed a Passimian .

"We have a battle... guys. Mimikyu! Wood Hammer! Rockruff! Fire Fang!"

Ignoring the pain or atleast trying, Soul issued his command to attack. The Passimian wasn't fazed a least as it seemed to wait. Mimikyu's tail was cloaked in solar energy, extending to the shape of hammer while Rockruff bared his fangs which was ignited in burning flames. Without a warning, They lunged at their target. It seemed that they are landing a hit. But, The Passimian was a clever one.

With a jump, Passimian evaded the moves. But the actual thing was, Mimikyu struck Rockruff with Wood Hammer while the latter bit the former with Fire Fang. The cosplayer was lucky, The neck of his disguise tilted towards the side as an eerie aura surrounded it. Thanks to the ability 'Disguise', Mimikyu got away with no damage. But, The poor Rockruff took a great damage from the supereffective move as he was sent rolling back to Soul. The trainer's temper bursted out as Passimian seemed to be uninterested. The trainer rushed to his Rockruff's side, stroking his fur.

"Sorry bud. My fault."

Rockruff put on a smile, licking his partner's cheek. "Kyu. . . " Mimikyu muttered an apology to the rock pup which the latter accepted without a bit of hesitation.

Soul stood up, his sapphire eyes gleaming in the moonlight. His eyes were narrowed and locked at the lemur which was cautious, ready to battle. "You are a skilled one. . . I admit. But, I'm going to get a payback for what you did." Soul gripped a Poké Ball. "Lets catch it! Go! Poké Ball!" He was about to fling the capture device. But, His bad luck followed him wherever he went. He stepped on his untied lace which got untied. Only the Arceus knew how it occured. Tripping, Soul managed to throw the Poké Ball and regained his balance. But, The Poké Ball missed the lemur by half a metre. This act seemed to disappoint the Passimian, its lips curving downward into a frown. The human had disappointed it. It had thought that the trainer was capable to train it. But, He wasn't even able to aim his Poké Ball. The wild Pokémon didn't see that the human tripped. Passimian are known for their traits to regard trainers who throw Poké Balls like professionals as a skilled trainer. But, If a trainer fails to throw the sphere well, They regard him/her as an unskilled trainer.

The Passimian climbed a tree before hoping from one tree to another, fleeing the scene. A sigh escaped Soul's lips, his attention turning to his friend, Rockruff. He needs to visit the Pokémon Center.

[Note: Don't regard this as a wild battle. Just displaying Soul's bad luck at times.]

_____

After a short walk, Soul healed his Pokémon in the Pokémon Center. Now, He was out of the Pokémon Center, having his Rockruff return to his Poké Ball. "An exhausting day, Isn't it?" The answer was a nod from his partner, Mimikyu. They were walking back to their dorm. On their way, They noticed a girl who wore a blue-focussed attire. She seemed to be going to the Pokémon Center. Who knows . . . Maybe, She could be in a familiar situation. "Alola! A student, huh?" Soul asked as He took a pause to have a small chat. Mimikyu climbed to his partner's head, eyes fixed on the girl. "I'm a student of the Trainers Academy. I'm Soul Datheon. Nice to meet ya!" Soul added in. After she speaks, He would look at the sky. "It seems already late. See ya later!"

After getting her name, He started to rush towards the Suicune Dorms. If Rockruff sensed a Lycanroc around, He would let himself out, demanding a battle to his evolved forme. Soul wouldn't like to heal multiple times frequently. The Nurse Joy might have other things to do. With these thoughts, He rushed to his dorm.

Reaching his room, He threw his bag away and removed his dorm jacket, leaving him in his black T-shirt. He fell on the bed, facefirst to the pillow as Mimikyu snuggled to him. It was an exhausting day. Time to sleep like a log!

______

Mimikyu

Level : 11

Moves:

- Wood Hammer
- Copycat
- Double Team
- Drain Punch
- Scratch
- Shadow Ball

Rockruff

Level : 9

Moves:

- Bite
- Fire Fang
- Tackle
- Leer
- Sand Attack
- Rock Tomb

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort and Lucas McMillan

Lucas struggled with the bookshelf as Donna and Ace continued rolling around, viciously battering each other. This made it especially hard to lift a bookshelf, which wasn't very light, difficult. The two Pokemon would bump into Lucas's legs, disrupting his balance. Lucas looked at Aaron, who was still hiding behind pillows, a pleading look in his eyes. Aaron shook his head, then flinched when the bed shook. Ace had been launched into it, all 41 pounds of him launched into the wooden frame. Lucas sighed as he heaved against the shelf. He took a step, but slipped on a book that had fallen from the bookshelf. He fell, barely being able to catch the bookshelf and keep it from landing on his chest with its full weight. He slowly started pushing it back up and getting out from under it.

As Ivrant was in the middle of getting dressed in the nearby dorm, He ended up hearing that loud crash. Well yikes! That was just asking for some sort of attention! Pjamas would have to wait he supposed. Ivrant grabbed Dynamo's Pokeball , let him out, and ran on over to the source of the noise. Ivrant was dressed in a light t-shirt and black shorts. Not the most decent but it was bed time he hardly cared. Once Ivrant got to the door, he knocked on it just to make sure he wasn't overreacting or anything. ""Hey you alright in there? Ivrant asked as he knocked a few more times.

Lucas looked at the door in confusion. Was someone knocking? He thought. Lucas shrugged and put the shelf down to go check. He opened the door a crack, not wanting to let the person on the other side of his door see the chaos that was his room. "Hello? I'm all right in her-" Lucas was interrupted by Donna being rammed into the back of his knees, causing him to fall over, the door swinging open. It didn't hurt, but it was unexpected. Great. Now he's gonna see the shelf, and Ace and Donna, and then he's gonna want to help. Can't I just have some alone time?

Ivrant backed up a bit when he saw him get bumped out. Dynamo was standing beside Ivrant watching the two Pokemon rough housing around judgmentally. "Crazy first day I guess?" Ivrant said, taking note of the fallen shelf.

"Yeah." Lucas responded. " I don't know how this fight got started, but I think they managed to knock over the shelf." He gestured to the brawling Pokemon. Just remember: Act normal. Normal people introduce themselves. "I'm Lucas by the way." He said reaching his hand out for a handshake.

"Heh. Rowdy mon I guess. I'm Ivrant." He said, reaching a hand out to shake his. "My room actually isnt too far from here. I heard the crash from inside of it! Oh and uh, this here is Dynamo." Ivrant said, looking down to his Rosellia companion. Dynamo looked up at Lucas and gave him a small formal bow.

"I see," Lucas said, shaking Ivrant's hand. "I think that once I get my shelf back up I'll be able to calm my Pokemon down. It's surprisingly difficult to lift a heavy bookshelf when you have two raging Pokemon bumping up against your leg every few seconds, throwing off you balance." Lucas walked over to the shelf and asked, "A little help?"

"Oh uh, yeah. Dynamo wanna give us a bit of leverage? This is looking pretty heavy" Ivrant asked. Dynamo grinned and moved up to the bookshelf . The Rosellia hopped onto a higher up spot to get a better angle at the Bookshelf, shooting out its vines to assist in pulling up the shelf while Ivrant Picked it up to help Lucas put it back into place. "Steady..."

Once they got the shelf upright, Lucas exhaled and thanked Ivrant. Lucas turned his attention to Ace and Donna, who were now circling each other. Lucas pulled out Donna's Poke Ball, got ready to return her, but when he hit the button, Donna leapt toward Ace, dodging the beam of red energy. "D**n it!" He muttered under his breath as the Pokemon continued fighting.

"Geez they really don't like eachother..." Ivrant thought to himself. He debated if he should step in or not but it seemed that Dynamo already was about to take action. Once he had a proper shot, the Rosellia shot out both of its vines to hold back the two Pokemon with an unamused expression on its face.

"So improper... have you no respect for those around you? Such a mess..." Dynamo spoke out to the two mon. Though perhaps wrapping a fire Pokemon with vines wasn't such a smart idea. Dynamo always had to step in to be the hero. Ivrant had a feeling this would get him mixed into all sorts of trouble in school.

Donna looked at the Grass-type Pokemon in anger. She raised a claw and scratched through the vine that held her. "Nobody grabs me like that!" She proceeded to launch herself at the Roselia, her head slightly glowing. Ace struggled against the vines as he watched Donna break free and attack the opposing Pokemon.

At least one of them was calming down! The Rosellia retracted its cut vine back and braced itself for the incoming attack. It didn't want to go as far as to use something like Stun Spore and cost this guy a trip to a Pokemon Center. Ivrant certaintly wouldn't be happy with that so The Rosellia took the blunt of the blow. "Hnggh... rude as it may be to grab a lady, I'd rather not have a mess before sleeping." Dynamo replied, bracing itself for a potential battle.

Ivrant meanwhile nudged Lucas. "Now's your chance if your gonna return em"

Lucas jumped when he felt Ivrant nudge his arm. "Oh. Right." Lucas took Donna's Poke Ball from his belt and returned the ferocious Ground-type. He then proceeded to return Ace to his digital form. He saw Aaron move in the corner of his eye and returned him too. "Thanks for your help." Lucas said, turning to Ivrant.

"Ah don't mention it... Pokemon can take a bit of time to get control of sometimes. I got two fresh caught ones that I still need to get to know a bit more so they don't rampage through my room..." Ivrant said, looking down at Dynamo. He had to admit, Dynamo got pretty reckless sometimes too... maybe he'd have to look more into that later.

"Well... I'm getting tired, so if you wouldn't mind..." Lucas trailed off, not wanting to be rude but wanting Ivrant gone so he could sleep. "I have classes tomorrow, so I need to get some sleep. Goodnight!" Lucas ushered Ivrant towards the door.

"O-oh uh... night!" Ivrant said making his way out the door. It was starting to get late after all... Ivrant just kind of rubbed his head at that. Were they friends now orrrr... well whichever the case, at least that's one dorm not getting wrecked by reckless Pokemon. He supposed it was about time he headed to sleep as well. "Alright Dynamo... best we hit bed now before we end up staying too late. Big day tommorow ya know? Ivrant smiled as he walked on back.

Lucas let out a sigh of exhaustion as he closed the door behind Ivrant. He saw the mess of books below the upright shelf. I'll deal with those in the morning, He thought as he sat down on his bed. He was about to lay down until he realised he should shower first. Lucas got up, locked his door, then undressed and took a shower. He soon got out, wearing a white T-shirt and a pair of soft pajama pants. He fell onto his bed, not even bothering to pull his blankets over him, and fell asleep, looking forward to the new day and his first class on the island.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

Calling it a Night

Desmond reached the battlefield with Eric close behind him. During the walk, Desmond's mood had softened a bit and he was actually a little excited to meet some of his fellow Entei dorm mates. He peered through the dusk around the battlefields and saw...nothing. Where was everyone? Did he go to the wrong place? Did the others blow him and Eric off?

Desmond's thoughts raced and he began feeling annoyed. This was great, he came all the way back to campus for nothing. He never should have come and just gone back to that store with the necklace. At least then he'd have something to show for his venture into town today.

He bent his head down and sighed. Feeling exhausted and annoyed with everything that had happened towards the end of the day, Desmond decided it would be a good time to head back to his dorm and get some rest. Tomorrow was the first day of classes and he didn't want to feel the way he did now, tomorrow.

He turned to Eric, "So...bye. Calling it a night."

Desmond then turned and made his way back to his room. After a few minutes, Desmond leaned back in his desk chair and just let the tension release form his body. It had been a long day full of so many different experiences. It was like when he'd go to Mt. Battle back home and take on those battle challenges that were offered. Each battle was different from the last but always had the same high intensity in each. That was exactly how all of his adventures had felt today. The training. The battle with and capture of Scyther. Naomi. Even his run in with Eric. Most of all though, his surprise run in with Daro. Desmond had hoped he would maybe see Daro again today but he had had no such luck. Maybe tomorrow though.

Feeling like thinking too much would just make him go crazy, Desmond changed into his pajamas and crawled into bed. It was a long day and he was ready for a long night of sleep. Hecate took her normal spot on the bed at the base and curled up. The two peacefully fell asleep with thoughts of hitting the ground running at classes tomorrow.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric noticed the lack of other Trainers at the battlefield, thus deciding to head back to his dorm room.

Eric entered his room as soon as he got there, and got under the covers and slept. He didn't care that he wasn't in pajamas or whatever. He just wanted to sleep.

He thought about how he could be a better Trainer and ultimately set things right.

Eric closed his eyes and heard a familiar voice in his head.

The spirit of his beloved Peggy lingering in Eric's heart, telling him it's okay if he finds a student of the opposite sex that he likes, as long as she has a heart of justice. Eric knew this to be true.

Eric sort of liked Kylie, but wasn't too sure about her intentions since she randomly blew everybody off.

After several minutes of deep thought, Eric finally dozed off.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
WHAT'S NEW, KK?
day 1 ♡ 05 : 12 : 14 ♡ the battlefields, stupid
emblem.png
Something held her up, still, after two years of this mutualistic endeavor; a joint training effort, as Junn had come to characterize it, but one like a fat Pidove skipping across campus, stalling from taking flight.

(Kylie goes, "Shoo, shoo," as the bird bumbles up, eyeing her sandwich. Kylie herself sees something ahead necessitating she be there. The Pidove risks getting run over as she hastens down the stairs and into the sandpit, the Trainer's own Pokémon in pursuit.)

Because Junn had time to reflect now, she could recognize her anxiety then. The most arbitrary inhibitor of all, to be "nervous." But, in truth--

"Don't be an ass. Unless you want it kicked for loitering."

--it makes Junn uncomfortable, hearing her Trainer take the offensive so quickly. Kylie's feelings always waft off unrepentantly. It is what makes her easy to understand, but in turn means the girl's displeasure projects, all nettling and unignorable.

In that moment: sprawled across the delineated top half of a battlefield, the Suicune offender replies, "Fuck off, it's none of your business. Your dorm mate's the one who broke the rules, so he's getting written up."

He has companions, as most intrepid humans do (the irony of using your autonomous brethren as mere confidence boosters), all distinguished by the same jackets, the lissome icon of their beast gleaming gold even in the shade of a tree. Of similar brightness, their leader's swath of bleached-blonde bangs across his forehead; of sharp contrast, dark hair cut to lesser height. And relaxed prone upon the brick wall surrounding the training grounds, he stares up with dark eyes both inquisitive and uncaring.

His cronies are scattered in the grass transitioning into sand. Amongst them, too, is a familiar finned figure, mellowed out on his back, though Junn ignores Maleko's gurgling greeting as she stands by Kylie's side. (That is to say, she's not a filthy betrayer, though a yogi knows no prejudice.)

"'teria food sucks, by the way. You're better off eating in town," says this human.

Junn predicted it-- Kylie taking an aggressive bite out of her sandwich.

And then she asks, between chews, trying and failing to "chill" -- that word was perpetual in her thoughts; if she thought she were an Ice-type, Junn was unsure -- "Yeah, I bet he 'broke the rules.' What, did he scuff your kicks or something?"

(Thus began the inevitable back-and-forth which punctuated petty human interactions.)

"I'm not a bitch. He called out on us."

"Did he? With a Jigglypuff?"

("Ooooh," contributes the Suicune collective, and Maleko.)

"Fuck off. With a Scyther. You know, with scythes? So the psycho could disembowel me or somethin'. I'm filing this Desmond fucker for 'threatening behavior; promoting unrest on academic grounds.' It's my right."

"Oh, sure, 'cause I bet the Pokemon would just randomly kill you. 'Cause that's what Pokemon do. Kill people."

"Look, they do if they're taught to. I have no idea what you Entei scum are teaching your 'mons. You're not here because you're analysts, or at least book-smart, like us. And you're not, like, prodigies with miscellaneous interests -- good at different things, like the Raikous are. All you're good for is the surface-level battling shit. So, essentially, that's all you'd be instilling in your Pokes, is how to fight."

(The Suicune collective, and Maleko, nod thoughtfully at that.)

"Not to mention the kind of screw-ups that count as 'battle prodigies.' You know one of your dorm mates has never been involved in genuine human society before, right?"

"Yeah, and you're probably right about Entei sucking, but how the hell does that reflect on anything but the school itself? Entei Dorm may be screwed, but that's not a fundamental issue. Having a battle style already figured out is a huge part of being a Trainer, and y'all should be recognizing students who already know that shit.

"To be honest, the Raikou Dorm is the one that doesn't make sense to me, because how does having 'miscellaneous interests' translate to Pokemon Training? What are they instilling that's so important?"

"Raikou Dorm is the Safety Net Dorm, but Suicunes are literally good in all areas, not just the battling part, so your whole thing about Enteis being more on top of that is irrelevant."

"No, I said Enteis already have a style already, or they should if they passed the exam. So they know what they're doing instead of just reading about it like Suicunes. At the end of the day, you should be blaming the people in-charge 'cause they're the ones overlooking candidates so we have to deal with bad eggs like Wild Child, and I guess Desmond 'Use-My-Pokemon-As-a-Weapon' Mc-Lame-Ass. Either way, that's only two people out of whatever many."

"Right. So your final argument is that the people who literally envisioned and created this academy also have no idea what they're doing."

"Couldn't expect anything intelligent from some meathead dyke anyway, I guess." This was spoken under his breath, but accompanies a choice shrug, a choice look, and the chorus of gasps, "No ways"s from the Suicune collective (this time, Maleko not included, and he actually looks nervous.)

Kylie herself takes the blow well, as this has happened before.

But truly -- it might be cheating, considering Junn is telepathic -- but the result was always going to be a lazily-meta stalemate. This student, in fact, is as identity-less as the rest, and in his intellect, he has unfortunately internalized this. He understands from experience that maltreatment is spontaneous and targeted and does not have to be explained. And, like all human beings, he is arrogant. The simper the Suicune wears at his own remark is genuine, as a mask is physical, while behind likes a more emblematic desire of being undercut and overlooked, please, just leave me alone.

So Kylie, in frigid silence, turns away, and the Suicune's wish is granted. But Junn knows her Trainer better than he would like to assume. There is something bubbling, bubbling up, like the prior exasperation at this field being claimed and by Maleko ditching that made them abandon the dorms for a snack break in the first place.

As this familiar feeling reaches a head, it begins to cool, to solidify into such resolution, it would be unfortunate -- albeit, ironic -- for Junn to not oblige. (And, being honest to herself, she really wants to punch something.)

In the Suicune's distraction, the devastation is instant, and it can only be described as such; a clap of dust and loose terrain and contagious kinetic force like a powerful wind, ripping papers from hand and throwing hands over eyes as the ground of students strain to see past the great billow of debris.

The devastation, instant, and the reveal, deliberate, as in the center of the battlefield, air clearing around them: a Meditite shaking out her wrist after pulling her palm from a dark gash in the earth; a short-haired girl grinning madly in her baggy varsity jacket.

It was hardly bizarre how the challenge lay unspoken between these two Trainers, taking position with nary a word spoken. Concert could exist in spite of adversity. Just as with Junn, that inherent empathy made battle plausible, and necessary.

Understanding one's opponent was as crucial as interpreting the wavelength of your Trainer.

ROUND 1--START!

And thus, as the Suicune clicks his teeth and draws a camo-patterned capsule, the cavalry arrives: thick skin and whiskers and a whole lot of purple charging past Junn, her arms raised and guarding as she bounds off the balls of her feet -- always vigilant, always prepared.

Behind her, she feels Kylie throw an uppercut.

"Hyyah!" The motion connects, the opponent bellowing as it barrels over, supine in the sand at the Meditite's feet.

Junn recognizes a pricking sensation in her fist, as she noticies spines like follicles where she hadn't before.

(They would identify their challenger as "Nidoran" later via Pokenav, but in the meantime, Junn is concentrating on the match.)

Nidoran gets up. "Focus Energy!" calls its Trainer, and its haunches rise in response. Junn recognizes a deepened stance: claws pinning earth; a snaggletooth jutting precariously from its mouth; the horn on its head glinting in late-afternoon light -- all finished with the dark-red intensity swimming in her opponent's eyes. That's focus, there, that Junn internalizes as well, as if responding to the same order different, meditatively. For, in this moment, she exists within her rival's wavelength, and they are not combatting, more so they are learning from one other -- learning of each other as beings so different and so alike -- and thus, Junn responds as any self-respecting yogi would to this image of fear.

With meditation, and then response, lazer-fast. Nidoran is blurred in motion as it responds to "Peck!" with a forward thrust.

Dodge the horn! Kylie's intention rises in her consciousness. Then, Junn acts for herself: she grabs the features least imposing -- the elephantine ears of her opponent -- and prepares, as it squeals --

No, it reacts, twisting out and rolling over and stampeding forward, as Junn crosses her arms before her, Detecting the blow, absorbing it. And now her enemy's in range. The Suicune preempts: "Spin back, Double Kick, let's go!" And as it does so, aiming a lash to the Meditite's chin, she undercuts it completely, taking Nidoran's legs out from beneath.

Her opponent plummets into the dirt with a wail.

"That's one!" Kylie cries.

The Suicune protests, "No way! He's tanking all your Fighting techniques!"

"And, what, you think he's gonna land a Peck?"

"As if I won't find a way, scumbag!"

"Y' sure like calling people 'scum,' huh?"

"I think it's ironic, considering I'm a Poison user. I bet you don't really know what is 'scum' is, though."

"I assumed you didn't."

ROUND 2 -- START!

Junn rolls her shoulders and readjusts.

"Let's keep our distance!" the other student decides, changing his approach. His Nidoran looks reluctant as it slinks back in his direction.

"Go for a Thunderbolt!" the student says when his Pokemon is about half the field away from Junn. Instantaneously, too, the beast's horn begins to flash and hum with energy before Junn feels a terrific stinging in her chest and she goes flailing, recoiling back before she can recollect herself.

In response, a displeased Kylie mutters "Didn't see that comin'" under her breath.

This was an unfortunate reaction to have, considering it accompanied little else but Kylie's own bemusement at Thunderbolt hitting so fast, so hard. Why wouldn't she do the same?

The Meditite calavants into a follow-up maneuver: the Peck Nidoran vied to land from the beginning, piercing her stomach -- No! She panicked! Why had she panicked? -- but she withstands it to drive an elbow into her rival's back.

Adrenaline is high, and she finds Kylie ready and refocused.

The aikodist plummets to the ground--

--Junn pinning her opponent between her arm and the earth--

--before throwing an arm in an arch above her head, bending at the hips to stand--

--as Nidoran rolls in fluid, effortless motion off the Meditite's back, sticking into the ground.

The Nidoran is crumpled, dazed, but still not defeated; its Trainer urges it to continue, and always will until its spitting up and seeing stars -- precisely what it wants, if those beady, red eyes spoke so lucidly its mind.

It's time to put it down, Junn decides -- Kylie decides. So, at last, the girl's voice rises loud and resonant across the clearing.

"Psycho Cut!"

A punch, a chopping motion, and then a fantastic turbulence as a great kinetic force slices down the field, leaving the same darkened brand, kicking up dirt and dust and debris, colliding with the Pokemon further down the field. Impact! And devastation, once more.​
Though, soon, the cloud amassed is waved away in a whisking light; out of the dissipation, it manifests as a tail. Its owner, a slim-bodied reptilian whose skin is faded orange, whose studying eyes shine cold. It makes some snrk, perhaps unimpressed, or vexed at being summoned. Meanwhile, the stagger in its stance speaks of the damage Junn is capable of. The Pokeball, whose arch had been sublime to position the Charmander at the brunt of the attack, rolls against its foot. Those claws shine frigid white, even as the sky begins to bathe the campus in a warm glow.

And despite all of this, the Suicune student submits. "I forfeit," he says, and that's that.

Junn relaxes, even under the hawk-eye of this new non-challenger.

Her arms fall, dangling at her sides. There is a breath of relief, but its disingenuity rings clear; there is no appreciation offered Junn's way, as there always, always is.

Kylie is striding over to her contender's side of the battlefield.

He is repeating louder -- nervous -- "You win. You WIN."

There are other matters on her Trainer's mind. Why is she distracted? Why does she allow these thoughts to obscure her mentality? Where is the clarity of the aikido partner she came to know?

The Meditite watches in horror as Kylie goes against everything they were taught, and slugs the boy in the stomach. It is merciless, it is uncalled for; it is cathartic, and it is gleeful, the way she watches with satisfaction as he sprawls.

And there is that final sigh, and that is when Junn knew they were done for. IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING! The Meditite is sick to her stomach.

Received a behavioral infraction for promoting violence!
Now there's setting a good example!

"C'mon, Junn," she urged, then, once the administrator had left. Kylie's tone was meek. "I'm sorry, okay? I just--"

But she threw it all away for a spur-of-the-moment decision, unconsenting violence! Augh, why were humans all the same?

Junn's brow was furrowed, her eyes slammed shut, and her back pressed against the wall in a tragic attempt to refocus in the hour or so after the calamity. As tumultuous as this meditation was, she would take it over Kylie's incessant begging and excuse-making. The girl's behavior was unforgivable. Neither of them would gain anything from this, at this rate.

Maybe Junn should just go back to the mountains. Maybe the isolation was good for her after all. Maybe loneliness was the cost to being the strongest she could.

Suddenly, the door opened, and another staff member entered, trailing behind a familiar face. Junn recognized, just in time, the recurring neutrality of the Suicune student's expression, but the rosiness of his face belied some minor embarrassment.

Kylie is expectant, sitting cross-legged in the chair, with a softness to her gaze contrasting the hesitance of the administrator. The man looks, in fact, ready to turn the Suicune away, before he shakes him off and opens his mouth.

"It was a good match. You held up."

Humans: anomalies. Contrary to what Junn told herself.

"Can I get your number?"
Junn is not amused. At all.
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Maleko is recalled and very relaxed.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

School In Session!

Over the next few days many students found themselves longing for a return to when they first arrived on the island – no classes to worry about, no responsibilities, just the unfiltered joy of being a Pokémon Trainer in an environment almost completely custom built for that very purpose. Other students couldn't help but look forward to the days to come, to start their learning in earnest and develop themselves as Trainers in a way that only The Pokémon Trainer Academy could help them with. No matter whether they were looking ahead or behind them almost no students relished the days they found themselves in the middle of but some things were simply unavoidable. Everybody found themselves in an almost endless stream of guided tours, orientation lectures and administrative information. The information provided was undoubtedly useful, and necessary, for life as a student at the academy but for those who sought battle and adventure it seemed like these days of dry instruction seemed like they might never end. Not only that but they filled more of the day than regular classes would, leaving little time for actual training. Not that this stopped the more determined students, fitting in every bit of battle practice they could between lectures and before bed. The teachers were fairly strict about catching students outside of their dorm rooms after lights out but everyone knows you can't really keep a teenager in their room if they want out, especially when they have Pokémon to help them with their moonlit adventures.

Finally the day arrived for the school year to begin in earnest, the first day of real classes. The more academically inclined students were excited to show themselves off in the classroom environment while those who felt most at home in the arena were dreading the tedium they expected would greet them… but then, these were classes prepared by some of the most notable Pokémon Trainers the world had to offer. Who knew what to expect from their curriculum? The school was bustling with activity from the early hours of the morning as the school staff made their preparations for the events of the day. Delicious smells wafted from the cafeteria, the catering staff bracing themselves for the rush of hungry students seeking breakfast. Everyone would be fuelling up and discussing the class they were scheduled for the day until the bell would ring, triggering a rush of young Trainers making their way to class.

No matter what their feelings of the days that had passed or the days that were to come almost everyone on the island could sense that this was their first real day at The Pokémon Trainer Academy. Whether they would make the most of it or let it pass them by would be decided entirely by their own actions as the journey continues…

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
WHAT'S NEW, KK?
day 2 ♡ 05 : 17 : 14 ♡ the beach nearest entei dorm
emblem.png
He had an unremarkable face, and an entirely empty countenance, as if he came from nowhere and held no biases. It only made her anxious as she neared. Her thoughts were sharp, critical, and he heard them-- somehow, he could gaze with colorless eyes and read her like an open book. She felt exposed.

She couldn't remember anything about him except that he was unremarkable and vapid in all regards and had an accent from somewhere she had never heard of before.

"Um… can I help you?" he asks with heavy condescension, like a blow to her chest. He knows why she came. He knows her name. He acts like she is a mystery to him.

Kylie finds she can't breathe. Kylie feels exposed. She feels she might burst with anger and anxiety, but nothing comes out. She is suffocating. They're in a Pokemon Center together with no one else with blinding lights and no air.
He nods, and asks, "Training? For what?"

And his eyes say nothing, ever. And she can't remember anything about him except that they don't look or sound alike; for some unexplained reason, that makes her want to puke, vomit all over him and his nondescript clothes and hair.

"What's in it for me?" he continues. "No, that's a silly question. What's in it for you, Kylie? What are you going to make of battling? Do you really think that's worth your time?"

It made her sick. This whole encounter made her sick. It felt like she was talking to a mannequin. She couldn't remember anything about him except his stupid accent. They didn't even look alike. They didn't even look alike.

"You're not good enough. You'll never be good enough. Do I make myself clear? Your 'hard work' is wasted effort. Please, can't you do as you're told?"

Why is he begging with his eyes?

"I don't know what your mother would say. But I'm in-charge, and I'm telling you, don't do it. Please, Kylie. You're my little girl."

She woke up in a cold… sweat… moisture on her… arm?

There is a weight against her that rouses her with a smiling face. Maleko is gazing out across the dunes as a current carries light hint of seawater; it disperses in its delicacy, but it brings a tantalizing promise of real winds. Looking ardent, unrequited, his antennae twitch, corresponding to his Trainer's readjustments. She is moving her arms, he knows-- likely stretching. She is moving her legs, he knows-- likely stretching, again. But Kylie surprises him with a tap on the back so that the Mantyke brrrs in surprise, whipping around to make eye contact with eyes, not eyespots.

Kylie leans against the banister of the boardwalk, and she's on her 'mon's left side this time. "Sorry, Malie, did I fall asleep? I'm really sorry. We can go back to training, okay?"

Maleko tit-tits -- clicks -- in facetious admonishment. Alighted, he curves his fins inward as if placing hands on his hips, and then turns his "nose" up. It is, altogether, a very "Junn" way of teasing.

Kylie finds herself scoffing over laughing, but is gentle in saying, "Let's go, c'mon. I want to get to breakfast." She nudges Maleko in the gills with an elbow.

The Mantine is pouting at his Trainer's drained enthusiasm, the same which renews his own, in a sense; his eyes seem to roll upwards, his expression goes solemn, and he "faints," falling unceremoniously off his perch and towards the sand below.

The breeze picks up. Mid-plummet, Maleko evens his fins and thrusts upwards.

The winds run south, back towards the boardwalk and the dorms, but Maleko counteracts, his body rotating in a corkscrew, so the winds enter his pull, wrapping around him and aiding the twist until he breaks through into the upper yellowing, seasalt-smelling sky. The whisk and whip of winds around him, and that which lay below and retained his loftiness; the sky around, cloudless, and sight of the land below: the albensence of the low tide melting into that golden sprawl, transitioning into those intermittent grasses, arching into the dunes that lay beneath the boardwalk. And on that wooden bridge from the dormitories to the coast is a single figure whose jacket falls over her hands in mild weather and who stares up with brown eyes strained and sagging.

His Trainer beckons, and he sighs, breaking his glide and plummeting again; rolling, then entering an inside loop when level with the mellow waves, and sailing past Kylie as she says, "You're wasting too much energy," in his wake.
Mantyke flies in an upward arch, then doubles back in her direction-- he senses movement.

She whistles, and he returns with a trill — the language of the water and the wind. He twisted, spiralled, towards her, snaking across the lengths of her arms. She would move and he would accentuate, an extension of the curvature of her arms, and then again extended at her sides. And then Kylie grabbed Maleko into the semblance of a headlock and flung him out to sea.

"Again! Less energy!"

Maleko plummets; he twists and rises; he scowls at Kylie, and she scowls back. Woe, her look could kill! He "faints" again and falls again.

Kylie is still unimpressed. "Again! Expend less, remember?"

It was about Tailwind and timing. The ability to manipulate wind direction had broad support application, not solely for the sake of speed. Battlefield dominance was essential, both for winning matches and even reaching teammates as a true supporter should. Maneuverability was thus Maleko's top priority, and even in the span of so many days, Kylie had not forgotten her Pokemon's de-prioritization on the offensive side. But to attack, you needed energy, energy that couldn't be wasted on precious movement.

In the aging of morning, the winds blew harder and counteractively. Maleko, naturally, pushed harder, but he felt Kylie's displeasure; there was an unnatural stillness behind him. He folded, and fell, and rose, and folded, and fell, until he got it.

He corkscrewed again, the twist loose so he about halved his rotations before meeting the shore. This was a good start; Kylie dipped and bent at the hips. He felt her timing, then, the wind pent up beneath him like a screw, he was tossed upwards without any will of his own, the Tailwind momentum carrying up into that brightening beyond.
He felt Kylie stand, her arms go up over his head, and he retained his height, joyously turning around and around.
"Keep that momentum!" he heard her call from the ground, before something rushed past him.

Instantly, he looped down and up in pursuit before catching the disc in his mouth, arching down to return the frisbee--

--"Target practice, dummy!"

--before she threw it out again, Maleko clipping Kylie's tousled hair as he soared back with a tssk-tssk.
This is where their earlier morning bouts gave context. What do you do when the enemy's in close-range?
Maleko emitted a weak ultrasonic blast that punted the plastic frisbee out of the air. He shot forward to retrieve it and return it to Kylie.

Now, what do you do when the enemy's out further?

Maleko spat rapid-fire at the frisbee as the winds dared to carry it southeast.

"Again!" goes Kylie. Her arms go over her head, forming a gate for Maleko to fly through. With a jocular spray of water, the regiment continues.

And finally, as the sky lightens and continues to, the horizon shedding all signs of darkness in favor of warm shades of orange and pink, they punctuate today's exercise with a challenge: "Fetch, but don't use your wings!" orders the Trainer.

Her partner obliges, positioned over the water, and obediently folds in his fins as he falls for the final time. At this point, it comes naturally: wind accumulating on the ocean's surface before the column thrusts him upward in a spray of water. He is careful in how much air his fins catch mid-glide, and with the momentum beneath combined with that conscious angling, Maleko finds himself right above the frisbee whose own path of movement is halting. He's so proud of himself, the Mantyke unleashes a Water Pulse that shatters the disc so that pieces of plastic rain down in the sea below.

"Why?" asks Kylie as he floats back with a goofy smile. "That's the only other frisbee I brought, so you can buy me another one, I guess." It's not enough to quell the spirits. She pets her partner's dampened back as he chirps in satisfaction.

"Good job, Kaiō."

In a moment, there is a briing from her jacket pocket.

"Great Grumpig, who the hell's messaging me right now?" Kylie pulls out a blocky, yellow device. "No, Moe, your jacket looks ri-dic-u-lous. Is that how you spell that? Whatever."

She is surprised by a splash of water against her face.

"Mallie! What did I tell you about spitting near the 'nav!?" Kylie laughs.

The sun rose over Pokémon Trainer Academy as the duo headed towards the school building.
Junn is elsewhere.
Maleko did a fine job training today.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Waking up (Day 2)

Lucas woke up, his hair ruffled. He looked at the calendar on his wall, one of the many things he had gotten from the numerous tours and presentations about the Academy with groggy eyes. His eyes were drawn to a big red circle around one of the dates. He got up, and went to see what day it was. His eyes widened. Today was the first day of classes, hence the big circle. He had been looking forward to this day ever since he stepped foot on the island. Lucas got dressed grabbed his satchel he had brought with him, scoffing at the puny backpack he had been provided with. He put on his Suicune jacket and headed out of his room.
Lucas let out Ace to accompany him. "Let's head to the library to get some books on Mythology," he said to the Puppy Pokemon. It yipped in response. Lucas smiled as he and his Pokemon went down the stairs and entered the main lobby. He saw many students, most of which were Suicune, and a few staff members. He quickly left the building and turned towards the library. He was about to take a step, but then he smelled the sweet scent of breakfast. He turned and went towards the cafeteria, his spirits only being dampened by the faint memory of his first time in there. He opened the door, and was met with a wave of noises, scents, and a sea of people before him. He quietly got his food, a plate of waffles and sausage, and looked for a place to sit. He soon found a seat in one of the back corners. He sat down and released his three Pokemon onto the table. They all grabbed a waffle, each one of them enjoying it. Lucas smiled as he remembered how Donna used to act. She had come so far from the hot-headed, fight-picking Drilbur she was when he had caught her. Lucas and co. soon finished their meal, so he returned Donna and Aaron and left the cafeteria. He headed toward the library, eager to get some books. He soon reached the library, the sweet smell of books comforting him. He began browsing the shelves, scanning for any Mythology books.

Years
Rylie Larus and Ivrant Lehort

Suicune Dorm Cafeteria

Ivrant had woken up decently early before the sound of the school's students started to pick up. Dynamo was resting on the bed while he was doing some tiny modifications to the seals on Dynamo's ball. Nobody really took notice of his last entrances the past few days he was training but he figured this would at least stick out more in the crowd. "I'm surprised I never thought of doing this sort of thing before... its practically Dynamo's trademark after all!" Ivrant said to himself. He himself was barely dressed wearing an undershirt and boxers. He just wanted to get this done before he hopped into the shower.

"Ah there we go! Let's test this out." Ivrant said as he held out the ball and tossed it to the ground. When the empty ball popped open, a large flaming D would pop out from the front of it. He had to use multiple smaller seals to give off the effect but it would be close enough. Even Dynamo seemed to like it! The little Rosellia seemed to be plotting up all sorts of flashy ways to enter battle with the seal effect. "There we are Dynamo. Should be looking even better next time we get into a battle! I'll bring the portable kit with me so we can work on this when we go get lunch. I got a few friends I wanted to design for after all." Ivrant said as he turned around and dug into his closet for a proper outfit to wear to class. Something that matched his jacket at the very least. Ivrant found a good proper outfit to try on. Ah wait... he was going to be in Self Defense class. Maybe he shouldn't be packing something too fancy or at least bring a change of clothes for him in case they do some hand to hand stuff... yeah a change would be a good idea. Or at least something easy to move in. He could wash his clothes no problem. Once he got his outfit picked out, Ivrant laid them down on the bed and made his way over to the shower to get himself properly washed off before the first big day.

Once that was taken care of, Ivrant put on a black short sleeve collared shirt and placed another lighter black jacket. Just for good measure, he even slipped on a grey tie as well. Was he overdressing for school? ESPECIALLY for a self defense class? He could always take the jacket and tie off if needed. After that he picked up some black jeans as well and slipped them on. They contrasted well enough with his white hair at least! (Here's a good reference image for Ivrants outfit )After he was finished getting properly dressed up, Ivrant double checked to make sure he had his stuff properly prepared... bags, books, Pokeballs... things all seemed to be in check! First things first, breakfast. Maybe Rylie was hanging around? Hanging with her for breakfast wouldn't be a bad way to start the day. He could go to her door and see whats up but Ivrant was kind of afraid he'd come off like a creep doing that the very next morning...

Rylie was indeed already up an about, her claim of being a morning bird holding very true. Already down in the Cafeteria with a half-devoured plate of food she could be seen in a very familiar looking get up, the same blue jacket with a large white shirt as before, perhaps she's done some laundry since arriving? Either way she's clearly been up for awhile now, her hair still somewhat wet from her morning shower. Digging through her backpack she seemed to be looking for something, a rather frustrated looking scowl spread across her face. "Ugh, come on, where is it!?" She muttered under her breath.

Ivrant would end up wandering over to the Cafeteria after everything was properly ready. And to his luck, he already caught sight of Rylie sitting in the Cafeteria. Seems she got here way earlier then Ivrant. He must have been tinkering Dynamo's ball longer then he thought. He started off by picking up some food himself from the counter. He ended up getting some scrambled eggs, toast, and a few strips of bacon for his breakfast meal before walking over to Rylie. "Morning there Rylie." Ivrant said with a grin as he got out the rest of his team to eat some food. "Day faring well so far?"

Rylie gave out a long-frustrated groan as she pushed the backpack away from herself, landing on the floor with hardly a whisper as all its contents seemed to be scattered across the table. "Not at all…" She said with a very frustrated tone. Giving one last peek into one of the notebooks she shoves it away in frustration before returning to her unfinished breakfast. "Already managed to lose my class schedule day one." She confessed in between incredibly disgruntled bites of her breakfast.

Oh... awkward timing. And Ivrant had already sat himself down. "Ah...geez. That's unfortunate." Ivrant said, rubbing his head. Maybe talking about classes wouldn't be an amazing way to start a conversation maybe he could at least devise some possible ideas where a class schedule could have wandered off to! "Maybe its in another pocket? I've left the map in my other pants pocket one time. Nearly lost my way through the campus without that! Eheheh... was a bit awkward asking someone where my own dorm was!"

Rylie rolled her eyes a bit at Iverant's attempt to make her feel better, while she appreciated on some level she was still too upset with herself to let it stick. "It's probably buried somewhere in my mess of a room, I still haven't had hardly any time to unpack thanks to all the stupid stuff they keep forcing us to go to." Rylie ranted on with a long heavy groan. "I swear I'm going to lose it if we end up going on another tour today. We have a map! Heck, most of us explored the grounds the day we got here!"

Hrm... Ivrant didn't seem to have trouble unpacking himself... what on earth was keeping her from doing the same...? Well he supposed the major difference is he didn't have a Rosellia constantly harassing her about cleanliness. Ivrant kept himself from being further judgemental. Ivrant took another chomp from a piece of scrambled eggs before responding. "Hmm! I hear ya. Already been walking around the island a bit myself. Mostly from the tours sure but you know. We still got alot of time till classes start at least we got some extra time to search." Ivrant said, just sorta rubbing his head thinking what he could do to help here.

Rylie finally picked up her bag from the floor again, slowly placing the scattered about items back inside as she talked "I'm probably just going to ask someone at the office to print me out another one. Knowing me it's probably in plain sight meaning I'll never find it." Rylie continued, poking at her food a bit. "Ugh, sorry for acting like this. I think the heat is getting to me a bit, I've felt like I'm about to melt ever since these stupid tours began…"

Ivrant rubbed his head again. "Ah... yeah that makes sense. One day out of your element is one thing but about four or so? I still gotta get used to waking up in a totally different room. I keep waking up expecting to be somewhere more cramped ahaha." Ivrant grinned. Dynamo was eating some of his own food as well just occasionally glancig up at the two trainers. Buster and the Sandygast that Ivrant caught a few days ago were also out and about eating their own share of food. Needed to have everyone all up and full of energy before the big day after alll. His team had expanded rather quickly the past couple days. Dynamo seemed to have a more judgemental look on his face as he listened to the discussion they were having but quickly focused on the food once more.

"You should try a trip to the beach and hop in the water sometime before we get piled up with homework. Good way to cool off in the heat. Was worth the trip when I went down there. Even caught her on accident down there." Ivrant said, pointing to the sand Pokemon down below. How the Pokemon Center was able to distinguish its gender he would never know...

"I would but I don't know how to swim, I don't even own a swim suit. It's not really a common activity where I'm from." She started, Fanning herself with one of the notebooks from her bag. Apparently talking about the heat didn't do a good job distracting her from it. "I guess it would be a nice change in pace if I were to learn. I'm starting to get sick of seeing the ice plains every time I need to cool down. At the very least Kit has helped make sure my trips down there are somewhat less frequent." She said, patting her jacket pocket for the ball, Ignoring a certain Roselia's judgmental look.

"Wouldn't be a bad time to learn. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a class for that sort of thing. Heck I could show some basics if ya want. Its a lot easier then it looks as far as floating in the water goes." Ivrant said even though he wasn't exactly a stellar swimmer he could at least float around. His old apartment has a pool so he tended to go there sometimes. Ivrant chomped on the last piece of bacon and finally finished up his plate of food. Now he just had to figure out how to kill the time before classes started.

"Egh, not so sure if I'd be up for that. I've seen swimsuits on TV and I can tell you they're not my kind of thing." Rylie said with a very visible eye roll. Pushing back her own plate she quickly finished putting the rest of her stuff in her backpack, including the notebook she had been using for a fan.

"Ah. Heheh. Guess that's fair enough." Ivrant said with a small laugh, doing his darn best trying not to get that kind of image in his head. Now Dynamo was giving HIM judgemental looks. Quick change the subject! "Ah! Right! Well in that case I was meaning to ask a few friends of mine something." Ivrant pulled out Dynamo's Pokeball. "Dunno if you've seen us battle before or not but I've been trying to come up with seal designs for a couple Pokeballs. Mostly been experimenting with Dynamo's whenever he comes out of his ball. Like so." Ivrant threw out the empty ball just to demonstrate the effect as it gave out a large capital D made out of small flames. Fitting enough for Dynamo.

"Its nothing much but I think it gives members of your team some extra personality. If ya want I could try going for a design for your Pokemon if ya like."

Rylie gives him a bit of a raised brow at his laugh but quickly dismisses it, she should have known better than to mention something like that in front of a boy anyway. "I remember seeing stuff like that before, ball seals right? In my area they were a bit of a fad for a while. This was before I got Hakan from mom so I kinda missed out on it." She said, pulling out his ball and giving it a bit of a look over. It was the same ball as Kit's, just a pure white premiere ball. "If you'd like I'd appreciate it. Nothing too fancy though, I'm not really one for that kind of flare."

"Ah! That's right! They did originate from Sinnoh!" He quickly remembered. He was surprised that he never asked about that in the first place! "Yeah they were a small trend for awhile but kind of faded for some reason. I dunno! I always found that sort of thing really cool! I've tried to make some of my own too but I'm still learning here and there... I don't have a lot to work off of but I can work with some basic seals at the least! Hmm..." Ivrant quickly thought of her Swinub and what would really fit the little guy after popping out of the ball. "Hmm... well if you want to go for something simple yet fitting, how about a puff of snow popping out of the ball whenever you let Hakon out? It shouldn't be too hard to make... heck I could add that on right now! Wouldn't take too long to set up really since we're going for something more simple anyways." Ivrant smiled

"Yeah, I remember seeing vendors for the seals appearing everywhere, they seemed like they got quite a bit of business. There were even commercials that aired for a while. Anyway, if you're going to do something like that I'd actually prefer if you did it for Kit's ball here." Rylie said, fetching another premiere ball from her pocket. "I feel like it would be quite a bit more fitting for her all things considered. Especially since a puff of snow sounds rather cutesy."

"Ah Kit huh? Sure thing. Just let her out and I can get right to work. A lot safer to tamper with a Pokeball when the Pokemon is out of it... gotta do some work on the inside of the ball as well to make sure the seal effect comes out as well as test it out. A Puff of snow... hmm..." Ivrant pulled out his small toolkit and he had a few basic seals laid out and organized inside. The toolkit was a standard rectangle shape that opened up from the side and had several sockets for his tools, a platform for the Pokeball itself to hold it in place, and of course the seals themselves. They looked like little stickers resembling snow, fire, party confetti, etc. This sort of stuff was usually done in PCs within Pokemon Centers and portable kits for this sort of modification weren't even heard of. It was clearly custom built.

"Let her out, Right now? Er… if you insist." Rylie confirmed in a bit of an unsure tone. Pressing the button on the ball a snowy looking vulpix materialized next to her. Very soon after a bit of a chill started to grip the air around them as the Pokémon looked around curiously. This curiosity was rather short lived however as Rylie picked her up. "Before you go and cause any trouble." Rylie said before leaving the Pokémon on the table, petting her behind the ear in attempt to keep her calm. Kit seemed rather content however the new chill didn't seem to be leaving anytime soon.

"Alright good! Its not a whole lot of maintenance. Honestly its mostly as simple as placing a little sticker on the ball if anything. Lets see..." Ivrant placed the ball onto the socket to keep it in place and searched through his various seals. The toolkit seemed very makeshift... most Pokemon Centers back the would have had a preview on the PC screen but here Ivrant would have to do more hands on stuff. He also had to consider the limit of seals he could put on the ball. Thankfully it was a mostly simple design. Ivrant started out by picking out a proper ball capsule that he could work with. "I just have to add a few different seals onto this capsule and then slip it onto your Pokeball. It'll be completely seamless once its attached." He explained. Ivrant picked out a large snowflake shaped seal and started by placing it on the front of the ball just above the button as a start. That'd be enough for a small effect but Ivrant could do better then that. Ivrant picked out a few smaller ones and spread them around the larger snowflake to hopefully add to the effect. "Hmmm... that should be good. Let's see."

Ivrant opened up the Ball Capsule and placed it over the Pokeball to slip it right on. The smaller stickers seemed to be almost invisible but the larger snowflake sticker still kept its appearance just as an extra little decoration. Once the capsule was properly attached, Ivrant pressed the button to test it out. Once the ball opened, instead of the usual flash, several puffs of snow would burst out of the ball and sprinkle along the ground, only to fade away once they made contact with the floor.

"Well? Whatcha think?" Ivrant asked.

Rylie half looked over the process, half made sure Kit remained content for long enough to finish. Knowing that things wouldn't go well if she started getting restless. "Looks fine. Heck, the seals themselves will help me keep track of who's ball is who's without having to search for the little mark I put on it every time." She explained, pointing out a small black line on the hinge that looks like it was made using a magic marker.

"So, All you do to make it work is just open it up? Nothing else to it?" She asked, looking over the capsule overlapping the ball.

"Yup! Its all from the capsule. You can slip it off if you ever need to take it off or put it on another ball. You'd barely notice the capsule was on it if it weren't for the sticker!" Ivrant said a bit proudly. "It should work well the next time you send her out of the ball! It oughta give a fun unique flair when you open up your battles I'd hope! I got some more capsules so if you ever want me to set up another I'd be glad to." Ivrant said, placing all of the equipment back inside of the toolbox and closing it up.

Wasting no time to test it she returned kit to her ball before she had the chance to be Riled up. Slowly the temperature around them began to rise again. "Huh, Kind of wish I bought a few of the stickers back when they were a thing." She pondered for a moment, looking over the ball before stuffing it back in her pocket. "I remember seeing some crazy ones sold back when they were popular, like flying balloons with big ole confetti streamers. Not to say they sold well but hey…"

"Oh yeah! I tried to pick up at least a couple... to be honest I'm not really sure where I'm going to get more of these things on the island once I run out. Or the capsules. Hopefully I can find out how to make a few for myself somehow. I'd love to see a bunch of folks on the island use this sort of stuff! Heheh... I guess I'll just have to learn more on it as we go through school." Ivrant smiled as he placed the kit back in his bag. "Hmm... still got some time before class... how else are we gonna kill time..."

"You could probably order them from somewhere at the very least. I'm sure you can find someone who still has some somewhere. "Rylie responded, giving a bit of a stretch in her chair. "In any case, My plans right now involve getting a new schedule made up for me sometime before the call time for class and looking into that stone I found a few days ago." She said, pulling the stone from her other pocket. "Like we guessed it wasn't an evolution stone, gave it to kit and everything and all she did was prod at it a little bit and look up at me confused. Haven't been able to do much more with it since thanks to all these tours."

Shoot... not an evolution stone huh? I'd say it was something that could boost the power of a Pokemon's moves but... pretty sure Never Melt Ice doesn't look like that... hmm... seems a bit small to be a fossil but you never know.." Ivrant was at a bit of a loss. "Maybe one of the teachers would know someone who's an expert at this kinda thing? You should try asking when you get to class."

"I guess that's my only option at this point, I didn't really think it was an Evolution stone but I had to try ya know?" Rylie said, leaving out the part where she spent three hours in the snow looking for this Vulpix. "In any case it's one more possibility eliminated so that's at least some progress I guess. I'm just hoping it is isn't junk at this point, I put way too much time in this thing…"

"Keep at it. I'm pretty interested myself. Watch it turn out to be some kinda keystone to some treasure vault hidden on the island eh?" Ivrant joked as he picked up his plate and sat up. "I think I should give my Pokemon here a bit of exercise. My new teammates could use a bit of practice before I find myself wrapped up in a battle."

"Pff, like I'd ever be that lucky." Rylie said with an eyeroll, mocking the idea. "In any case I might do the same later, I refuse to lose to you again. You understand?"

Ivrant crossed his arms with a confident grin. "Heheh, I getcha! I'll be ready for round two whenever you want to battle. Hm... I guess that kinda makes us rivals now doesn't it?"

"I guess it does indeed, I'll warn you though, I've got a few new tricks up my sleeve thanks to Kit. It won't be quite as simple next time around. " She taunted, patting the pocket with kit's ball inside.

"Heheh, well looking forward to it the Rylie." Ivrant said, giving a playful jab to her shoulder. "Well I'll see ya around. I'm gonna head on out. Throw me a call if you wanna have another go!" Ivrant said as he placed his plated by the counter and made his way out of the dorm.

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort: Outside the Suicune Dorm

"Alright Knox, use Ancient Power!" Ivrant called out. Knox, Ivrant's newly named Sandygast seemed to hesitate when he stared down Buster who was just starring with a wide goofy grin. Seems taking such a heavy hit from a super powered Marill came with some trauma. Just lazing in the sand and now he was with a trainer and a a team of other Pokemon she knew nothing about. Still, she had to give Ivrant credit for taking the time to get her healed so the sandy Pokemon at least owed that much. She lifted up a few large rocks from the ground and shot them toward Buster. The Marill would respond with its usual "strategy". Tackling them head on with brute force!

"Well if it works Buster... but you gotta have some defense too! You got a lot of power but if something knocks you out then how are you going to charge into battle more often? We aren't going to always have an opening you know." Ivrant explained to Buster. "As for you Knox, I still don't have a good grasp on your techniques... considering you held out against Buster I'd say you got some bulk on ya right?" Ivrant said. The Sandygast's circular mouth changed into an upside down curve to make a smile. Assumingly that was a yes.

"Alright then we got a pretty good balance on the team then. Dynamo fits both roles decently well, Buster is all out offense and you'll be our team's defense. Heheh. We just gotta learn some moves to really get that fighting style out! Maybe we should find somebody to battle after class? Or maybe check out the store to see if we can get you some other moves. If I got the money for that at least." Ivrant smiled at his team.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira: Dorm Room.

Dallas had not done too much since his day in Oak Town. He had been spending time with his neighbor after learning that she had been the blue haired female that had bought the vinyl figurines at the store he had bought them at. He had also been training his pokemon to stay in their poke balls until called on to avoid further incidents that happened the same day in Oak Town.

Not only had he learned a little more about his neighbor, she also challenged him to take on the same challenge she was planning to do with the Vinyl Figures and that was to see if they could complete an entirely new set of vinyl figures that Dallas hadn't heard about. The figures in this set were based on a comic series that was inspired by some of the greatest trainers in the world. After thinking about it, Dallas agreed, packing up all of his vinyl figures, except for the one of his dad and sent them back home. The set was a bit more difficult to complete than previous sets, but in the good will of the competition, his neighbor had given him three to start his set from the first series, getting two Prof. Oak and one Misty vinyl figure who was nothing like the real version of Misty that he knew about.

And now the day had finally come, classes were starting and he was excited. He would be going to Breeding and Eggs class today. It was a nice break from cooking for once. He had avoided aiding in the cooking of breakfast and other meals so he could spend time training his pokemon to stay in their balls. And although they had gotten better..... they still had some time to go. He had also renamed Blazey and Freezey to Blaze and Freeze because he quickly learned that it was hard to call out their names in a battle. He had also named his newly caught Pawniard, Edge.

While he was getting ready for the day, Dallas read a book series that Megami had told him about called Guardians of GS, which was a series of books that basically told a story about students being thrown into a war between Shining and Shadow pokemon. He didn't want to put the book down, so he found way to read while getting ready.

After about 20 minutes, he was ready. He threw on his Suicune jacket for once, wearing a white undershirt and other clothing that matched the jacket. He put his cooking bandana and his copy og Guardians of GS in his messenger bag, with his school stuff, and flung it across his body. He placed his pokeballs on his waste, two still being in their ball capsules and with the seal on it.

"Oh yeah! I think I am ready for my first day!" He said, looking at himself in the mirror.

"Better yet, I know I am ready! I just need to remember to get a ball capsule for Edge after class." Dallas said, walking out of his dorm.

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
[Size="+2"] Suicune Dorms; Soul's Dorm [/Size]​

The shining sun had appeared as the beautiful moon bid its farewell. The Pokémon started to roam around to find or hunt their food. The rays of the burning sunlight struck Soul's closed eyes. Letting out some tired sounds, He moved forawhile before getting up in a sitting position, His eyes opening. The trainer had a peaceful sleep after his chaotic night. His gaze turned towards his partners: Mimikyu and Rockruff, The former being chased by the latter. They both were playing, having no care about the world. The corner of his lips curved upward. If he had been like them, He would have forgotten the intriguing moment he had the previous night. . .

[Size="+1"] >> SHORT FLASHBACK <<
[/Size]

The Passimian jumped to avoid the dangerous moves from his opponents. The Rockruff and Mimikyu hit each other, with the former being hurt. Then, The Passimian frowned when he failed to successfully throw the capture device as he tripped over a grass. His badluck was his bestfriend the last day.

[Size="+1"] >> FLASHBACK END<<
[/Size]

The trainer frowned. 'Did I disappoint the Passimian? Am I always disappointing? Why can't I even land a hit on it?' His thoughts started to flow on the negative side as his frown grew. 'They did their best. . . Mimikyu and Rockruff. . . But, I just let them down. . . Maybe, I don't de --- ' He was pulled out of his negative thoughts as his partners let out a concerned cry, now infront of him. Mimikyu tilted his head to the side while Rockruff had his tongue out, wagging his tail happily. This managed to bring a smile on his face. "Sorry guys. I was just thinking about something. We won't give up ever! Would we?" Soul asked as he smirked.

"Kyu!"
"Row!"

_______

Soul had put on his black innershirt and his suicune jacket, along with his black pants and green sneakers. Currently, He was checking on if he was ready for his first class. After the quick check, His attention turned towards his mirror. "How do I look, guys?" He asked his partners. "MiKyu!" "RowRow!" Their cry and bark, respectively gave him positive answers. Ever since Soul hit his puberty, He had been going through changes which is common for teenager. He had been looking at his mirror recently to check if he looks fine which he wouldn't in earlier days. Soul didn't get it quite, But his dad told him that he is becoming a man.

Afterawhile, Soul turned the knob of his door, opening it as the fresh breeze of the dawn welcomed him, his brown hair dancing slowly in the soft wind. His sapphire eyes gazed around. The environment was rather pleasant and welcoming which he failed to notice because of his rushed entrance or the darkness of the night, He wasn't sure. "Lets go and check out our classes!" Yelling out at noone in particular, He made his way out to check his classes.

[Size="+2"] Pokémon Trainers Academy [/Size]​

After a short walk and observing the surrounding, He was walking in the corridors. His first class was 'Pokémon Mythology'. He gained interest on 'Mythology' when he heard tales about the origin of his residence 'Tapu Village'. According to the elders, The guardian deity of the island went on a rage and destroyed the village. Thus, the village was given the name after its reconstruction. If a small village has an interesting tale, Then what about the entire Alola? Or the entire world? This lit the flame of his interest in the mythology. Soul glanced at his watch. He had some time left before his classes start. "Guys, Who is ready for a short training session?" Without hesitation, Mimikyu and Rockruff nodded as the trio raced towards the nearby field for training. Hopefully, They won't get late for their classes.

________

[Size="+1"] Mimikyu [/Size]

Level : 11

Moves :

- Scratch
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Copycat
- Double Team

[Size="+1"] Rockruff [/Size]

Level : 9

Moves :

- Tackle
- Bite
- Fire Fang
- Sand Attack
- Rock Tomb
- Leer

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

The Time has Come

The last few days were a whirlwind for Desmond and his team with all the orientation seminars and tours of the campus. Having done his research on the place and explored a solid portion of the island already, it was safe to say he was pretty over the whole experience. He just wanted classes to start so that he could show off his battling ability and the hard work his Pokemon had put in.

During his free time, opting to be alone rather than with people, he spent a lot of time training, especially with Hecate and Ares. The two were fast becoming Desmond's strongest and the two even began to, dare he say, respect each other. There was still no hope for Leo and Hecate but at least the Umbreon didn't hate both of her teammates now. The respect was most seen in the fact that Hecate learned Helping Hand while working in tandem with Ares. Hecate had long been a loner Pokemon but this was a surprising turn of events. Meanwhile the Mantis Pokemon learned Vacuum Wave trying to deal with Hecate's swift movements. This gave Desmond some things to think about. Though it wasn't Ares' strong suit, a Helping Hand could make Vacuum Wave a surprising and devastating move.

The rest of his time, Desmond went back to town and bought that necklace that caught his eye. The one with the Rhyhorn penchant. Daro would love it...he hoped. The pair still weren't on great terms. Daro typically gave Desmond a dirty look when they saw each other before storming off. It killed him but there wasn't much he could do. Desmond would just have to wait until an opportunity presented itself for the two to be forced to interact.

Before heading out of his room, Desmond grabbed all of his information packets and looked them over. One side of his lips curled up to form a half smile as it seemed he was going to be in the Fighting Specialist/Self Defense class today. It was perfect for Desmond and his team. What better way to start the Academy then to show everyone he was the best Fighter in the school. He glanced over at his clock and saw he didn't have much time before class so he quickly threw on a shirt, jeans, his black jacket and, of course, his necklace before heading down to the cafeteria. There he grabbed a couple pieces of toast for him and his team each and headed back out towards the academic buildings, eating and walking in silence with his partners. The time had finally come for Desmond to show everyone what he and his team were made of.

Last edited:
Back