• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I just got mine. Anyone who has a japanese cart can get it.

Ayselipera

That sounds very interesting... I wonder if the new path will unlock a new pokemon?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Probably, It's translated into something like Night Star path

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Oh I misuderstood you. New Pokemon that aren't on the first path probably is what I meant. A path is were you fight Pokemon in the Walker

I'm actually a bit worried if I can get one or not since I have an American Cartridge

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering what exactly that event was for.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Just to clear this up, "Edge of the Night Sky" (よぞらのはて) is not a minigame in itself. The PokeWalker consists of courses which you can choose when you bring your Pokemon over from either HG or SS. You start off the game with two default courses. Each different course have a different variety of Pokemon that can appear, though we are not sure what exactly at this point. Anything past the initial two courses are unlocked by using the PokeWalker. Edge of the Night Sky is a course that can only be unlocked with Jirachi. These are the only courses that are known about to date:

• Refreshing Field - さわやかのはら (Default Course)
    • Noisy Forest - ざわざわもり (Default Course)
    • Rugged Path - ごつごつみち (Seems to be unlockable at around 1,000 steps)
    • Edge of the Night Sky - よぞらのはて (Unlockable by bringing Jirachi to HG/SS)

To get Pokemon to appear inside of these courses you need to use the different items available to you (the minigames) These minigames consist of the Item Finder (to find items) and the PokeRadar (to find Pokemon) Pokemon that are fought inside of the PokeWalker can be caught and sent back to HG/SS respectively though we do not know any of the specific details as of yet. To use the Item Finder and PokeRadar you are required to use your Watts, which you gain through walking. It is unclear as to how many Watts are needed to use either item as of yet.

Last edited:

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • Somebody was talking about getting deoxys on the pokewalker, i doubt it. That would b a really pathetic excuse to get a legendary. Its on a small LCD (i think) screen u know? But what is likely though is that Macca's will have another campaign with deoxys to get, as according to the notice jirachi is the 1st one they r giving out. But then again it could b 4 a seperate game. XD
    Got my jirachi. Its pretty awesome!

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I really like the idea of the PokeWalker. It's an easy way to boost happiness and experience, and it takes absolutely no effort, either. Plus, I think walking around with a little Pokeball on your belt loop would be cute.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back