• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
  • Guys are often just as dramatic and indecisive when it comes to this kind of thing as girls are. ( I am one, i would know) I think he does like you, he just might not know how to express it correctly.

^This

The person saying to ignore them doesn't know what they're talking about, in very bad grammar I may add.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Okay, so I just started high school a few weeks ago. Made new friends. My friend Molly, however, has a friend Brandon. We met at the football game and he asked for my number and I gave it to him. We started talking and hanging out and I started to like him.

Well, I told him and he keeps sending me mixed signals. Like, one night he'll be talking to me non-stop then the next morning at school, he'll totally ignore me.

Should I just leave it alone and let whatever happens, happen? :/

Here's what's happening inside his head. He's waiting for you to make a move. Cause he asked for your number, texts you a lot and he made it obvious that he's interested in you. Now you gotta do the same thing. The reason he's totally ignoring you at school is because, let me guess, you didn't actually try to talk to him?

Trust me, if he's "ignoring" you at school, just go sit beside him in a class or talk to him after class. There's no way he'll ignore you there.

I can say this with absolute certainty because something similar is happening to me right now. Although, roles are a bit reversed. But yeah, trust me, if you try to talk to him and stuff he won't ignore you. You just gotta show him you're interested, too.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Since when have I not had problems?

So, way back in 6th grade, There was this random girl on my afternoon bus- her name was Ashley. She was a highly emotional, easily bored, and with a mind I dare not say is eccentric in insany, because insane eccentrics blush at her actions.

FASTFORWARDING TO BEGINNING TO 2010/2011 SCHOOL YEAR AND RECENT HAPPENINGS

I'm a sophomore in high school (10th) and I've met up with her again, with her just sarting out high school as a freshmen (9th). I made the horrible mistake of giving her my phone number, and she texts me often. I helped her through this random boy trouble she was having, and soon enough, she picked herself a different boyfriend. After she told me his name, lets call him "Y Value," I recognized it to rumours of this toolish druggie. I told her to proceed with caution, since of what I heard. She took my advice about eight percent of the way. Anyway, at lunch, she invited me to sit with them. I thought to myself "Well, I don't know this guy personally, and all I have is rumours, so, why not give benefit of the doubt for first impressions?" After introduction and recieving a light and frail as glass handshake from Y Value, They proceeded to devour each other's faces for thier nutrition for the rest of the lunch period only stopping to say a sentence or two of coversation to me or breathe. They lay all over each other. Well, this is awkward.

FASTFORWARD TO NOW, A WEEK OR TWO LATER

She thinks she is in love with the guy. I constantly tell her she's really not, but she insists on it. After hearing more buzz and confirming of the rumours from others, this morning, I was invited again to hang out with them for company before the homeroom bell. I obliged, and they cotinued thier lovely Public displays of one-base-until-sex affection, and he was saying how he was trying to beat his drug addiction, but it's becoming so hard, and he found himself being kicked by his dad because he was stealing money from his wallet AGAIN for drug money. Ashley continued to empathize and make him feel better, with "don't worry, you can do it." All my rumours confirmed, I feel very concered for Ashley's safety with this guy, who has a ravenious drug addiction and a very broken family. AND ON TOP OF THIS, she has handed me a starting gun for losing her virginity. I'm not kidding. Apperantly, once I give the "ok" on Y Value, She'll have sex soon afterwards.

So, in final tldr form;

Ashley the freshmen wants to have sex with her druggie boyfriend "Y Value", She put me responsible for when she loses her viginity to the guy, and I'm concered for her safety, and the fact that unless I do something besides saying "no, don't have sex," She might hurt herself and have sex anyway.

Help plz? :O

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

So, way back in 6th grade, There was this random girl on my afternoon bus- her name was Ashley. She was a highly emotional, easily bored, and with a mind I dare not say is eccentric in insany, because insane eccentrics blush at her actions.

I'm a sophomore in high school (10th) and I've met up with her again, with her just sarting out high school as a freshmen (9th). I made the horrible mistake of giving her my phone number, and she texts me often. I helped her through this random boy trouble she was having, and soon enough, she picked herself a different boyfriend. After she told me his name, lets call him "Y Value," I recognized it to rumours of this toolish druggie. I told her to proceed with caution, since of what I heard. She took my advice about eight percent of the way. Anyway, at lunch, she invited me to sit with them. I thought to myself "Well, I don't know this guy personally, and all I have is rumours, so, why not give benefit of the doubt for first impressions?" After introduction and recieving a light and frail as glass handshake from Y Value, They proceeded to devour each other's faces for thier nutrition for the rest of the lunch period only stopping to say a sentence or two of coversation to me or breathe. They lay all over each other. Well, this is awkward.

She thinks she is in love with the guy. I constantly tell her she's really not, but she insists on it. After hearing more buzz and confirming of the rumours from others, this morning, I was invited again to hang out with them for company before the homeroom bell. I obliged, and they cotinued thier lovely Public displays of one-base-until-sex affection, and he was saying how he was trying to beat his drug addiction, but it's becoming so hard, and he found himself being kicked by his dad because he was stealing money from his wallet AGAIN for drug money. Ashley continued to empathize and make him feel better, with "don't worry, you can do it." All my rumours confirmed, I feel very concered for Ashley's safety with this guy, who has a ravenious drug addiction and a very broken family. AND ON TOP OF THIS, she has handed me a starting gun for losing her virginity. I'm not kidding. Apperantly, once I give the "ok" on Y Value, She'll have sex soon afterwards.

So, in final tldr form;

Ashley the freshmen wants to have sex with her druggie boyfriend "Y Value", She put me responsible for when she loses her viginity to the guy, and I'm concered for her safety, and the fact that unless I do something besides saying "no, don't have sex," She might hurt herself and have sex anyway.

i know as a friend you feel for her but ultimately its her choice. if you really are concerned for her safety you could always tell someone at the school, if she came to school one day with a black eye or something i'd wreck the guy myself but i don't condone that. you could always be there for her but you're not.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

• So, in final tldr form;

Personally, I think there's a lot more at stake than the "virginity" issue. For example, I'd be more concerned that "Y Value" will drag your friend down into drugs too, which would ruin her life a lot more than doing the naughty (of course, this is neglecting the corollary of the sex speeding up the process, as I'm sure it's inevitable regardless if she stays with him).

Sadly, when it comes to teens and "love", there's little you can do... they're amazingly stubborn. However, I advise you not only to keep her from hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing, but to attempt to end the little tryst in general, as its got bad news all over it. As to how... you've got me. She's your friend, so the process is yours. Make her watch Requiem for a Dream or something (or the classic Catholic drugsploitation Reefer Madness haha).

Years

So, in final tldr form;

Do her parents know about said 'Y-Value'? I know she might hate you for it, but if you feel strongly enough that this is a very bad decision, you need to tell them or another authority figure. If 'Y-Value' is as bad of an influence as you think, then eventually she'll realize her mistake.

Years
  • This is the abridged version of a very complicated story.

I'm in love with my best friend, who is a lesbian. I've know she was gay since the first time we ever talked. Last Christmas we made a promise that on the off chance either of us falls for the other, we wouldn't hide it... Turns out it did. When went to our prom together, and I was going to tell her, but that night, she became friends with the girl she is currently dating. I have no idea what to do.

I know I promised her, but at the same time, that was when we were both single.

It's also made worse by the fact she often tells me about how her parents keep talking about how they think I like her, and she laughs it off...

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    This is the abridged version of a very complicated story.

I'm in love with my best friend, who is a lesbian. I've know she was gay since the first time we ever talked. Last Christmas we made a promise that on the off chance either of us falls for the other, we wouldn't hide it... Turns out it did. When went to our prom together, and I was going to tell her, but that night, she became friends with the girl she is currently dating. I have no idea what to do.

I know I promised her, but at the same time, that was when we were both single.

It's also made worse by the fact she often tells me about how her parents keep talking about how they think I like her, and she laughs it off...

disregard "sexual orientation" and leave it to love. if the chemistry is right between the two of you, romance will ~blossom~. just because she became friends with someone of the same gender doesn't mean she's going to fall in love with them, and who knows, she might be holding back mutual feelings for you. i think you ought to tell her, but in a sensitive fashion- you wouldn't want to lose such a bond over uncontrollable feelings. if she's a true friend to you, she'll understand and see past those feelings, so long as you don't drag her into an unfair situation where she has to choose between losing your friendship and an insincere romantic involvement with you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I should made that clear, she is in love with this girl...

well, it happens. it's hard to measure the genuineness of their love, but it will be clear if things can't work between the two of you- though there's nothing wrong with making shy attempts to win her over. stay supportive (avoid pressuring and guilting her, romantic feelings or lack thereof cannot be altered to your liking) and be happy for your friend, in the meanwhile work on moving on, because if things don't work out all you can do is force yourself let go, and that's a part of life. i'm sorry you have to go through this, unrequited love is really difficult to get through :-( but if things don't work out i assure you that out of the 7 billion people on planet earth there's someone more suited for you, and if you continue to dwell on this you may miss an opportunity with someone else. i do think it's best you let her know how you feel, in confidence she won't let these feelings get between you both.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm losing all my friends, and a lot of things that are close to me. I don't want to drink, smoke or do drugs so i stopped hanging out with most of my friends. I don't have a girlfriend, so I don't fit in with another group of my friends, and I'm not "good looking" enough to be with my other friends. I don't know what to do anymore. I got to all my classes without saying a word, I don't really talk anymore, I just sit in class and do nothing but school work. My family doesn't really understand me anymore so I can't go to them. I'm having nightmares of my previous girlfriend and what she said to me and how those were lies. I feel like I'm out of place and not needed anymore. Its just like I want to fade away. Its like I'm going back into a deep dark hole again. Any help please?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm losing all my friends, and a lot of things that are close to me. I don't want to drink, smoke or do drugs so i stopped hanging out with most of my friends. I don't have a girlfriend, so I don't fit in with another group of my friends, and I'm not "good looking" enough to be with my other friends. I don't know what to do anymore. I got to all my classes without saying a word, I don't really talk anymore, I just sit in class and do nothing but school work. My family doesn't really understand me anymore so I can't go to them. I'm having nightmares of my previous girlfriend and what she said to me and how those were lies. I feel like I'm out of place and not needed anymore. Its just like I want to fade away. Its like I'm going back into a deep dark hole again. Any help please?

Hey~

Well they weren't your real friends anyway, if they'd do that to you. Although it won't be easy, you'll just have to make new friends. Just be yourself, and you'll find them eventually.

As for the girlfriend, while i know it stings now that it didn't work out, there are other fish in the sea. :3 You'll find someone special, and you'll know when you meet them.

As for talking about your problems, If your family can't help you, then seek out a teacher or a guidance counselor at school. It may not seem like it, but they're there for a reason. They can help you. All you have to do is open up and tell them.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Alright I have a few major crushes right now. I swear I want to explode >__>

So there are these 3 girls. One of them is in my English II class. I have the kind of crush on her like the kind of crush you get on girls on elementary school. Pretty damn shy around her. We gave and returned each other a few looks, damn I must've looked like an idiot.

There's also this other other girl that sometimes talks to me because she sits in front of me in World History and her locker is next to mine. She sure is nice, and I mean, I sorta feel towards her but I can't tell what she's thinking.

Then there's also this latina girl who sits in the other side of my History class and sits next to me on the bus when the bus driver doesn't get naggy about seating arrangements. Now she is nice, attractive, and we talk a lot on the bus. But yet I'm so split. I feel a bit more natural towards this girl, but the girl in my English class is always smart and damn cute, but the girl next to my locker has such a nice personality and she knows how to talk to me.

Umm... yeah help XP The girl on the bus feels like she might be more reciprocative, but I am honestly not too sure.

Years
  • Alright I have a few major crushes right now. I swear I want to explode >__>

So there are these 3 girls. One of them is in my English II class. I have the kind of crush on her like the kind of crush you get on girls on elementary school. Pretty damn shy around her. We gave and returned each other a few looks, damn I must've looked like an idiot.

There's also this other other girl that sometimes talks to me because she sits in front of me in World History and her locker is next to mine. She sure is nice, and I mean, I sorta feel towards her but I can't tell what she's thinking.

Then there's also this latina girl who sits in the other side of my History class and sits next to me on the bus when the bus driver doesn't get naggy about seating arrangements. Now she is nice, attractive, and we talk a lot on the bus. But yet I'm so split. I feel a bit more natural towards this girl, but the girl in my English class is always smart and damn cute, but the girl next to my locker has such a nice personality and she knows how to talk to me.

Umm... yeah help XP The girl on the bus feels like she might be more reciprocative, but I am honestly not too sure.

Okay....wow, just wow. I'm saying that because I was in a similar situation, but that's beyond this.

So lets see....I'm not going to give you vague advice, like go who you feel with, etc., so prepare yourself.

Now let's see Girl #1(let's call the refer the girls as numbers). Your reaction towards her tells me that you kinda feel a little shy and mousy towards her, that's 1 point. I don't think this relationship would last, because it appears to me that she doesn't "like like" you, she probably sees you as a friend, or, as a classmate. Also crushes like these are kinda forgotten.

Girl #2. Now she probably thinks of you nothing more as friend, I say this because A) She's probably talking to you because you're next to her locker B) Maybe she's bored, or C) She likes talking to you. So a no-no for her.

And finally #3, the latina. Now we're talking. She's introverting herself towards you, that 1 god thing. She talks to you, probably as bud, so that's 2. Out of all the gals I see, she's your best bet. She's the only one talking to you because she's not talking to you because you're there, no, she's coming TO YOU. But maybe she thinks of you as a friend, but hey, your choice.

But I think none of them really like you THAT much. Maybe the latina, but that's it. My best advice for you, is get close with the latina, hang out with her and stuff, maybe ask her out on a date in a month or two, or even a week from now if you're sure. Are you sure she doesn't have a boyfriend?

So yeah, hope I helped.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

• Okay....wow, just wow. I'm saying that because I was in a similar situation, but that's beyond this.

So lets see....I'm not going to give you vague advice, like go who you feel with, etc., so prepare yourself.

Now let's see Girl #1(let's call the refer the girls as numbers). Your reaction towards her tells me that you kinda feel a little shy and mousy towards her, that's 1 point. I don't think this relationship would last, because it appears to me that she doesn't "like like" you, she probably sees you as a friend, or, as a classmate. Also crushes like these are kinda forgotten.

Girl #2. Now she probably thinks of you nothing more as friend, I say this because A) She's probably talking to you because you're next to her locker B) Maybe she's bored, or C) She likes talking to you. So a no-no for her.

And finally #3, the latina. Now we're talking. She's introverting herself towards you, that 1 god thing. She talks to you, probably as bud, so that's 2. Out of all the gals I see, she's your best bet. She's the only one talking to you because she's not talking to you because you're there, no, she's coming TO YOU. But maybe she thinks of you as a friend, but hey, your choice.

But I think none of them really like you THAT much. Maybe the latina, but that's it. My best advice for you, is get close with the latina, hang out with her and stuff, maybe ask her out on a date in a month or two, or even a week from now if you're sure. Are you sure she doesn't have a boyfriend?

So yeah, hope I helped.

To be honest.. I don't actually agree with any of this lol.. but that's just my opinion.

Maybe take a little while to sort out which girl you feel more attracted to. You already know you get along well with the latina girl.. so why not try asking one of the other girls out on a date? You don't have to coin each other BF or GF yet.. it's just a date to see if you guys like each other further than just physical attractiveness..

BUT if you feel that deep inside you like the latina girl the best.. then dont bother with the other girls and go straight for her.

Basically.. try to see what girl you like best.. and make an effort to get to know her better.

A date's just a date not a commitment.. and dawdling might actually hurt rather than help.. so what have you got to lose?

Years
  • Hey, I'm just giving advice, Kura. Whether he follows it or not is his problem, not mine.

I can give you different advice if you want, dude. Just saying, if you want her as your GF i guess use that, but if you want me to be more in-dept it'll take a while for me to post, cause I'll have to rely on previous knowledge.

Years
  • Alright I have a few major crushes right now. I swear I want to explode >__>

Well hmm, it really just depends on what you want out any of these crushes.
    Do you want a casual partner, a fulltime girlfriend or just something physical every now and then?
    If it was me, I would play the odds because lets face it, so many people hold out for "the one" when crushes and relationships and all that stuff is really just a numbers game.
    Personally I would start with the 3rd girl if you think she is the most likely, if all goes sour there, leave it a week or so until you feel comfortable and try the one girl of the other 2 you think you like better. It can't hurt to test the waters with all 3 girls.
    The only word of advice I would give is, under no circumstances, DO NOT try and play all 3 at once. It will never work and you will come off second best.
    Just be open and honest though about how you feel about them. Let them know what you're thinking and so on. Be yourself.
    If she likes you, then full steam ahead my friend.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hey, I'm just giving advice, Kura. Whether he follows it or not is his problem, not mine.

I can give you different advice if you want, dude. Just saying, if you want her as your GF i guess use that, but if you want me to be more in-dept it'll take a while for me to post, cause I'll have to rely on previous knowledge.

Oh I know, I'm just saying I personally wouldn't do it that way.. but he can take whatever advice he wants :33 Hopefully either way it works out for him in the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back