• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    no offense Mr. Hack, but I doubt that it is 'love'. Its more likely that its a simple crush and it feels like more beccause you are quite young.

But that's not the point.

If you actually like this girl, then the best thing you can do is try and be friendly - trust me, if you're relaxed and you get to know her a bit first, then you'll feel less embarassed and more ready when you ask her out.

Hope i helped :D

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I agree with I Laugh at your Misfortune!, Mr .Hack, as someone who has not found or even went near love myself, mixing physical attraction, lust and infatuation is very easy.

They're all different things! Talk to her, she might even find your nervousness cute if you're not too weird. Talk to her like she is your friend, even if she is not. Be friends. That is the best way. You'll be like every male in the world if you express anything else...

Good luck my friend!

ShadowLeader, I heard this from somewhere. What do you want your tattoo to be? If it's a word, consider how long catchphrases or insults remained popular in your school? Everything goes out of fashion and you might find yourself regretting it later. My friend got a skull tattoo, he thinks it's cool. Maybe he'll think it is awful like the rest of us in the future.

If not, get a fake tattoo! Failing that, do what you want, it's your body.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well if you like this girl talk to her be friendly. And at your age everything feel like love. You could be my age and I could look like an ass for all I know but yeah. Love isn't simple. It doesn' just come to you. You realize it when you start noticing things about you that you never seen. You feel your stomach is all in a knot you can't eat too much cause the person is on your head all the time you start being insanely clean(at least I noticed that with me. My teeth haven't been whiter and my skin hasn't been cleaner) and what you wear drives you nuts cause you can look stupid. After time a simple crush can be told apart from love so yeah. Try to be friends at first then gradually build things. I learned that first hand and now things are well all chaotic. So then question. I couldn't stand it anymore and I sent her a message saying that I want to be friends at least and forget what happened. Today at school she basically gave me that yes look. Should I start saying hi to her in the hallways or no?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well I asked her out in the worst period of my life(my dad was going in and out of hospitals during christmas break so yeah) 1 week after school started again felt so happy asked her out every week through text she told me she had no minutes I said lets talk she ignored me I cursed the crap out of her. Then I apoligized a month later and now a month later again I sent her the text message. But it wasn't an apology it was just a message saying I know you don't wanna talk to me and you might nver wanna talk to me again but why can't we just be friends. So yeah today she started looking at me funnily and all so yeah. I should just start saying hi to feel her out what her position is right?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yeah I dunno. That seems like an akward situation. Whatever you do, take it slowly. Time will help subside any strange feelings that still exist between you 2.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Todoroki Is: This is kind of awkward. Sometimes, for a girl at least, when someone likes you and you don't like them back it can be ... ermm... awkward? It's a bit odd to explain, but it's basically a terrible feeling. You don't like them, but you see them devoting so much time to you. You try to be nice to him back, but as time progresses, things don't change. She probably ignored you because it just became too much for her to handle, with all of the text and constant questions onto her mind. After you cursed her out, she may have felt a bit hurt at how uncalled for it was. Now she's questioned on whether or not she should be your friend. In all likelyhood, she should say yes. You weren't all to blame, after all.

I know this sounds pretty jumbled up, but friend/crush advice is hard to explain non verbally for me. What I'm trying to say is just take it slow. After all of the things that have happened in the past couple months, you should try to respect her privacy. Though, if there's more to the situation than I can see, you should try to talk to her. There's no harm in that either. When you do though, try to explain yourself. Explain how you've been in tough times and got your happiness out of talking to her. Tell her how sorry you've been and all that stuff.

You'll be fine. If she's a real friend, then she'll understand everything you've been through, if you explain yourself properly. If you open up (which many guys don't do), then she may be able to look at you differently. Tell me how things go with you and her, kayy? /loseradvice XDD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well the thing is I know she likes me. She flirted with me several times over the school year and now that I see thing clearer she actually left a bit of time for me to ask her out way before then. So in other words I was probably a bit too late. And with this said now do you see why I should just start to try and be friendly?

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Homework Help?

Hello guys. I need some homework help for a project on math. I have to find the average prices of things in the U.S. in the past 10,20,or 30 years ago. Half of that date ago and today, so if its 10 years ago, 2004. The 5 items I need to find the prices of are: Gas, toothpaste, milk (from stores), soap( any kind but just tell me), and toilet paper xD. Please help me. I need to analyze the changes of prices. And also include the price of it today. If you don't find the prices of these items, then any item that is bought everyday and appropriate would be good and thanks a lot!

Years
    Well the thing is I know she likes me. She flirted with me several times over the school year and now that I see thing clearer she actually left a bit of time for me to ask her out way before then. So in other words I was probably a bit too late. And with this said now do you see why I should just start to try and be friendly?

Uh...I think the best thing to do is remain at a friendly level. But if she really likes you, and you like her, what do YOU should do?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    What do i think I should do? Honestly? No idea. Yesterday did not help me at all. When you are playing soccer and have her sitting there with her boyfriend( I think she was all giggly with him but I dunno) did not do me good and I just broke down. I kicked the cone all over the place goals were going in all over the place and it was just crazy. Thank god that fist fight over her didn't start...
    Anyway thats not my problem now. My friend introduced me with a girl over MSN. Tomorrow if I talk to her now that we know a little bit of each other I'm going to ask her to meet each other in person. Problem is though if everything goes well we like each other will I be fine with it as no one would know about it? I mean for all I know I could still be playing in the other field cause I'm so freaking messed up. Ideas??

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    I have 5 essays due by Friday. One is half done, the other is completely done. The three essays I have left are:

Literary analysis: construct an argument for a particular interpretation/reading of a song of your choice.
    I need suggestions for songs, as the type of music I like doesn't have many lyrics.

Argument: Write a brief argument telling me what grade you deserve for the class and why.
    I can do this myself :P

Free choice: Write a really short story. Write a poem. Write something stream-of-consciousness style. Talk about something you love or hate. Any topic, any style. Basically, I want you guys to pick my topic.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I have 5 essays due by Friday. One is half done, the other is completely done. The three essays I have left are:

Literary analysis: construct an argument for a particular interpretation/reading of a song of your choice.
    I need suggestions for songs, as the type of music I like doesn't have many lyrics.

Argument: Write a brief argument telling me what grade you deserve for the class and why.

Free choice: Write a really short story. Write a poem. Write something stream-of-consciousness style. Talk about something you love or hate. Any topic, any style. Basically, I want you guys to pick my topic.

Pick something easy, something you know you can do with ease. You don't want added stress, so go with something you know you can easily handle and get it over and done with. That's all I can think of. XD;

As for music suggestions, I have no idea. Sorry. :[

Last edited:

Years

For the songs, I'd reccomend something by The Killers. Their lyrics normally have some kind of metaphor. A dustland Fairytale would be good...link to the song here.

For the free choice...write about pokecommunity XD Well, its about something YOU love or hate, so you need to choose that yourself. sorry :P

Lash

Years
    What to do about ass hole friends who don't know how to shut their mouths.

Yay, as the title said, an ass hole friend problem.

Okay, so, here be the problem:

My best friend, who I am okay with like 99% of the time completely turns into someone else when we play Halo, a ****ing video game. He is one of those people who wants to have a claim at being good with all the sponsored pro bs.

I'm not really good at Halo, and I understand it's just for fun, but he doesn't.
    Once he starts getting more kills on me, I am pretty much alright, goin' with the flow, but he starts being a cocky bastard, to the point where he's even callin' me names for sucking total ass, which is when I start to fly off the chain a little, start yelling in his face to stop, and even insulting him back. After that, something happens, which I would like to call, "The ***** Wars".

I'm not going into detail about that, but he's telling me to stop getting in his face, acting like he hasn't done a god damn thing. He usually leaves the game and goes home, leaving with some comment under his breath.

Today he took it a little too far. I told him he should stop using all his skills against people he's trying to teach (my friend and I), but he refused. I told him after that he spends way too much time on Halo, Call of Duty, etc, and then insults me for being a Pokemon fan. I hit his arm with some force, just a "shut up please" punch, and then he grabs the back of my neck, and tells me to stop. After which, he *****es out, and then my other friend, who normally stays quiet around him cause he doesn't have a damn voice leaves.

So, here I am, at my house, typing up this bs hoping someone has some tips to calm me down so I'm not left being as pissed off as a bag of flaming horse ****.

Oh, I did think ahead a little. Not hanging out with him isn't really an option, since it's just one thing that is a bad character trait on him, and not playing Halo isn't a choice either. Since it's Halo involved, he says "Don't be a little girl" to pressure me into playing, blah blah blah all bs after that, so don't bother saying no play halo/no hang out.

Dammit, how do video games manage to ruin a guys night?

Years
    Don't play Halo with him :\ Yeah, I read what you said, but just say "Video games are for fun. If it isn't fun, its not worth doing"

Sorry, but if you know he's being an ass when you play and you play with him anyway, then you have to shoulder some of the blame.

Lash

Years
    Don't play Halo with him :\ Yeah, I read what you said, but just say "Video games are for fun. If it isn't fun, its not worth doing"

Sorry, but if you know he's being an ass when you play and you play with him anyway, then you have to shoulder some of the blame.

If not playing with him could be a choice, it'd be a good one, but I forgot if I mentioned or not that I get pressured into playing, since that whiny little man is so used to getting whatever he wants :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back