• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Prism Cup (Challengers Welcome)

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
With the unanimous support of our members, I'm proud to finally announce the 3DS Division of the Prism League's first tournament, The Prism Cup!

scaled.php

Current Brackets (Seeds will be shuffled with each new entrant)

The premise of the tournament is simple. Leaders and Elites will retain their typings from the Prism League proper, and challengers can pick two the available types in our list on a first come, first serve basis:

Typing List

The Trainer who receives the Prism Cup, as well as the 2 runners up, will receive some very rare Pokemon including shinies, event-only legends and hidden abilities, and generation-locked level up moves such as Extreme Speed and Defog that are breedable in the current generation. Due to the number of them, I've also committed the prizes to a spreadsheet:

Prizes

Rules Unique to the Cup:

Spoiler:

- More to be declared, this is open to discussion.

League Standard Rules:

Spoiler:

Registration opens today and will end on May 16th or when no more types are available, whichever comes first. Please respond with your preferred battle format in order to be counted. Challengers, please include your selected typing as well.

The tournament's first round will begin on May 30th! Let's hit the breeding ground and get those teams started, folks.

Last edited:
Years
Looks like I am going to be with the big boys/girls here. XD Hope I don't choke and mess up. XD

While I prefer Singes, Doubles is never not an option. And I will be using the Grass and Normal Types.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
My preferred format is not singles and hell no not doubles. I'm going for the Triple Battles. GLHF

Or I'm I just a fool and do I have to choose between doubles and singles?

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Definitely in. I would like to use fairy/fire and my preferred format is doubles

Hey Scraggy, if you want to use this typing you will have to officially switch to it through the main Prism League thread and go through the approval process. You'd be joining this tournament as a leader with your Psychic/Fairy typing until then.

My preferred format is not singles and hell no not doubles. I'm going for the Triple Battles. GLHF

Or I'm I just a fool and do I have to choose between doubles and singles?

I updated the rules to accommodate players without a preference :)

Last edited:

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
Will the format be declared some time before the battle start? Let's say your team is for Singles but you have to do a Double battle cause your opponent wins the toss.
You opponent clearly has an advantage cause the team for singles probally would not have support moves and protect on them.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Will the format be declared some time before the battle start? Let's say your team is for Singles but you have to do a Double battle cause your opponent wins the toss.
You opponent clearly has an advantage cause the team for singles probally would not have support moves and protect on them.

This was one of the primary reasons behind the match selection clause:

"Participants may select a different team for each round of the tournament..."

I'd invite you to prepare Pokemon for both Doubles and Singles should you pursue the no-preference option. I'll announce the new matches in the same post as each round's tally.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
We made a separate thread for this?

Anyway, I guess I can't not be in this, so......

And yeah, Singles is preferred format

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Folks, I am working on getting together some prizes for the players who place in the top 3. They'll be Pokemon that are difficult to obtain in the current generation. I can personally contribute Extreme Speed Dratini, Defog Scyther, and Chimchar and Timburr with Iron Fist. I'm waiting to hear back from some breeders, shoot me a message if you'd like to contribute to the winners' pot.

wait, are we using our own league type or we can choose?

As ScraggyTrainer demonstrated above, leaders/members will use their assigned typings as of the final date to register. Challengers, who aren't normally type-locked, are allowed to choose from the remaining types so that they can participate.

We made a separate thread for this?

Anyway, I guess I can't not be in this, so......

And yeah, Singles is preferred format

The subject didn't really conveniently fit into league challenges or discussion of league rules, and I didn't want a lot of cross talk happening between this and other league matters.

ScraggyTrainer

Whimsy!
Years
I can offer a modest ev trained 6 iv shiny male Gardevoir for a prize if I can get it cloned. I also have Shiny adamant ev trained Terrakion (not sure ivs) and Shiny 3 iv adamant entei. Wonder trade is a great place

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I was going to breach the subject of prizes but it looks as though Scraggy gets to have that pleasure :)

I threw out the idea a few days ago of awarding the 3 players who place in Gold, Silver, and Bronze in the Prism Cup with Pokemon that are hard to find in Generation VI (previous Gen moves, Event-only, etc.) and the results have been astounding. We've got a total offering of 22 mons and counting, folks. Legends will be reserved for 1st place and the breedables will be dispersed among the 3 highest placing participants.

I'm editing a spreadsheet into the OP of everything we've received so far. Rob and Dylan, if you could please provide me with either your Gmail addresses or the missing details in your sections of the sheet.

Major shout out to Cakesu, whose generosity knows no bounds.

ScraggyTrainer

Whimsy!
Years
All of mine are Kalos born. The Gardevoir has Trace for an ability. Gardevoir's ivs are erfect, Terrakion's ivs are perfect except for defense, and the Entei has 31 in Defense, Special Attack, and Sp Defense. The Entei's evs are 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp. Terrakion has 252 atk, 252 speed, and 6 Sp Atk (I think, not trained by me). Gardevoir has 24 def, 232 Sp atk, and 252 speed. Anything else you need to know?

Back