• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Prism Cup (Challengers Welcome)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh, I'm sorry, I never noticed the link in the PM I last received. I can go ahead and join up with this tournament idea; I'm going to swap back to my computer tomorrow and get my Skype going again so it's easier to reach me quickly. I've been doing a lot of Bulbapedia editing of late, so my activity pretty much everywhere else on the Web has declined somewhat.

I heard about Shinies being suggested to add to the pot. If me cloning it isn't minded at all, I can offer the 4IV Shiny Torchic I hatched. I have a 1IV Shiny Eevee hatched as well, but would have to look for it. Both were actually accidents (kinda like that extra kid you didn't plan to have but are proud to have).

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
Oh, I'm sorry, I never noticed the link in the PM I last received. I can go ahead and join up with this tournament idea; I'm going to swap back to my computer tomorrow and get my Skype going again so it's easier to reach me quickly. I've been doing a lot of Bulbapedia editing of late, so my activity pretty much everywhere else on the Web has declined somewhat.

I heard about Shinies being suggested to add to the pot. If me cloning it isn't minded at all, I can offer the 4IV Shiny Torchic I hatched. I have a 1IV Shiny Eevee hatched as well, but would have to look for it. Both were actually accidents (kinda like that extra kid you didn't plan to have but are proud to have).

Cyclone are you by any chance an author? Your messages are always so detailed, not that it's a bad thing though.
However good to see you back and good luck in the tourney.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Cyclone are you by any chance an author? Your messages are always so detailed, not that it's a bad thing though.
However good to see you back and good luck in the tourney.
LOL, I'm not an author, but boy...I wish I could review video games and get paid for it. I'd do a good job at that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'll put you down for Singles, Cyclone :)

Can you send me the deets on the Torchic and Eevee?
Uh, I can do that later, but I know it's a 4IV Shiny Torchic. that arrived while I was creating 6IV babies of the Hoenn starters (I finally got all three, and they were in my OR playthrough). The 1IV Eevee came while doing a breeding project and all I wanted was a female; oddly, it was the worst Eevee of the group of 18. Only kept it cause it was Shiny.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Uh, I can do that later, but I know it's a 4IV Shiny Torchic. that arrived while I was creating 6IV babies of the Hoenn starters (I finally got all three, and they were in my OR playthrough). The 1IV Eevee came while doing a breeding project and all I wanted was a female; oddly, it was the worst Eevee of the group of 18. Only kept it cause it was Shiny.

Word. Shoot me a PM when you've got that info.

Since there's a high likelihood that some of us will end up playing in a format we're unaccustomed to, I thought I'd share an article that might help you with setting up a separate team for Doubles:

http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/differences-single-double-battles-pokemon/

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Sorry for the dp, wolf and Zeffy

Alrighty guys, so I'm all finished with finals and ready to tie up the registrations on this tourney so we can lock in our bracket and all that good stuff.

Here is what our bracket is looking like as things stand:

Capture_zpskbjw4vbt.jpg

I removed the filler participants, and shuffled the seeds so I wouldn't be pre-qualifying myself for Round 2.

If we can get two more participants before Saturday, we'll have enough seeds for everyone to battle in Round 1. After registration closes, I'll look into how we can go about divvying up the spoils amongst the victors.

Years
Sorry for the dp, wolf and Zeffy

Alrighty guys, so I'm all finished with finals and ready to tie up the registrations on this tourney so we can lock in our bracket and all that good stuff.

Here is what our bracket is looking like as things stand:

Capture_zpskbjw4vbt.jpg

I removed the filler participants, and shuffled the seeds so I wouldn't be pre-qualifying myself for Round 2.

If we can get two more participants before Saturday, we'll have enough seeds for everyone to battle in Round 1. After registration closes, I'll look into how we can go about divvying up the spoils amongst the victors.

Still going on the 30th right?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I guess I better do a little breeding. Been addicted to Smash again lately.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Here's how I'm thinking of divvying up the prizes. We have a total of:

8 Legends (4 of them shiny)
11 Non-Legendary Shinies
11 Hidden Ability/Egg Move mons.

I'm thinking of distributing them as such:

First Place will receive all the legends, all the Hidden Ability mons, and 6 of the shinies (first pick).
Second Place will receive the remaining shinies and a copy of all the Hidden Ability mons
Third Place will receive all the Hidden Ability mons.

This would mean that some of us would have to breed copies of our offerings. If you want to trade them into my custody, I'd be glad to do the honors. But if you can help, that would also be much appreciated.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
So guys, this is definitely a new rule I'm adding in that gives myself a certain favoritism, but otherwise I don't see how it would be possible for me to overcome particular typing disadvantages and I'm sure some of y'all are having the same problem.

Since we are all type-locked, participants will be permitted to use type-changed Mega Evolutions so long as the final form includes one of their chosen types. EX: if a participant's types are Fairy and Electric, they may use Mega Audino. The Pokemon will be required to mega evolve during the match, failing to do so will result in an automatic disqualification.

I will add this to the first post and stop using stuff like Mega Sceptile when people challenge me. My apologies to anyone I've beaten in the past with a Mega Sceptile. I know this is coming in at short notice, so let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Back