• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Prism Cup (Challengers Welcome)

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
So guys, this is definitely a new rule I'm adding in that gives myself a certain favoritism, but otherwise I don't see how it would be possible for me to overcome particular typing disadvantages and I'm sure some of y'all are having the same problem.

Since we are all type-locked, participants will be permitted to use type-changed Mega Evolutions so long as the final form includes one of their chosen types. EX: if a participant's types are Fairy and Electric, they may use Mega Audino. The Pokemon will be required to mega evolve during the match, failing to do so will result in an automatic disqualification.

I will add this to the first post and stop using stuff like Mega Sceptile when people challenge me. My apologies to anyone I've beaten in the past with a Mega Sceptile. I know this is coming in at short notice, so let me know what you think.

Your type is Ground/Dragon so you are allowed to use Mega Sceptile as long as you Mega Evolve Sceptile. I don't know why you apologies because you didn't break any rules.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Your type is Ground/Dragon so you are allowed to use Mega Sceptile as long as you Mega Evolve Sceptile. I don't know why you apologies because you didn't break any rules.

I had a conversation with Polar that was in disagreement with this statement. Evidently the rule allows for using Mega Evolutions that evolve out of the chosen typing. Meaning that Mega Gyarados is a permissible mon on his Flying/Fighting team, but things like Mega Charizard X are not allowed on mine.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Glad to hear you found it PicPax.

Folks, it's with great honor that I make today's announcement.

The First Round of the Prism Cup has officially begun!

Please be sure to contact your opponent and arrange a time and date for your match. Submit the results in this thread before 22:00 MST on June 5th (4:00 GMT June 6th), or the match will fall to a coin flip. Also on the subject of coin flips, I used Heads for Singles and Tails for Doubles to determine the formats for this round's mismatches:

Zekrom (Nah) v. Zagan - Singles
Polar Spectrum v. Krystia - Doubles

Good luck, everyone. In the words of Queen Elincia, "Fight Well! Fight Brave! Fight True!"

Reactions: Nah

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
What do I do if I, for some reason, don't get a reply from my challenger? I just want to know so there isn't amy confusion.

I will flip a coin to determine the victor if this happens, giving each battler a 50/50 shot at victory.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I'm stoked to be the first to announce my match results!

Surprisingly, I overcame a severe typing advantage and won Round 1 against TGM. I think Kyurem-B and Gastrodon were definitely the MVP's in this match.

5LRW-WWWW-WW24-DCW6

Also, make sure you're saving battle videos and posting them for review, folks.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I lost to Zagan:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-174993

There's a reason as to why we did it on the battle server and not via 3DS. We tried that at first, but along with a few connection drops there was a message that kept popping up that said "you cannot battle the other player" or something like that. Idk why that message was coming up, so we decided that we might as well do the battle on the server.

Also I did not think that Mega Beedrill could eat a +2 Dragon Pulse from Serperior.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Yeah it was a good game, and just to add - we were trying for at least an hour before moving on to the battle server - i just kept getting connection issue messages :( but it was indeed a good game, quite close as i didnt think Mega Beedrill would of lived that attack

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I lost to Zagan:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-174993

There's a reason as to why we did it on the battle server and not via 3DS. We tried that at first, but along with a few connection drops there was a message that kept popping up that said "you cannot battle the other player" or something like that. Idk why that message was coming up, so we decided that we might as well do the battle on the server.

Also I did not think that Mega Beedrill could eat a +2 Dragon Pulse from Serperior.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

+2 252 SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Beedrill: 154-182 (56.8 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I need to take my Mega Bee out of its box again...

PicPax

Quite Fulffy and Perpetually Triggered
Years
I actually won. I was really surprised. I thought I would lose really quickly. Well anyway, Good Game BlueBoi22, and here's the Battle Code: NLLW-WWWW-WW24-JHXR.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Alright y'all,

There's been enough protest on the coin-flip victory that I'm gonna modify it to accommodate victory by default to the entrant in attendance. The rule will be as follows:

Each round will last for a single week. You will be responsible for coordinating with your opponent to secure a match within this time frame. Results will be tallied at 22:00 MST the on the final night of each round (Friday). If results have not been posted by 22:00 the night prior to conclusion (Thursday), a participant may claim their opponent absent for the match. The opponent will have until the end of the round to contest their absence. In the event that the absence is contested, victory will fall to a coin flip. Otherwise, the participant who attended the match will win by default.

Be sure to let your opponent know if you're going to claim their absence as well, guys. I'd hate for this to get political - it is a game after all :)

Last edited:
Back