• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Prism Cup (Challengers Welcome)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well crap, I'm automatically done. I have nothing for Doubles, and I'm terrible at it. Well, I guess it's time to just bring power.
At least you'll get Silver. Best I can do is Bronze. Though I have to admit it feels worse losing the final match, doesn't it?

Maybe you can get some doubles advice before you have your match. You have a week, see what you can do!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Perhaps. I just don't have the coordination for Doubles.
Haha, my team is a singles team. It's matching moves like Protect with moves like Surf and Earthquake, using moves like Follow Me to draw attention away from a frail but strong attacker, and things like that. I'm not a doubles expert myself, but I might be able to analyze movesets and give you some ideas. I really didn't want to change my team for doubles, so I'm actually kind of relieved. {XD}

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My challenger has yet to approach me. I wonder if there is knowledge of the Bronze matchup. I suppose I might initiate contact.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have left another message at rob's talk page. So far he's been here once in five days. Is that enough to claim absence or should I give time?

I should note that I'd rather the battle take place, but if he arrives say five minutes before the deadline to contest, that would not be fair since I've been here at least once a day co-ordinating. I'll leave it to your decision, skyburial, whether the match defaults now, or whether I wait it out. If he arrives, I would rather battle than coin flip since it would not be fair for a coin flip to go against me in this scenario.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Then I'm claiming absence. At this point, he doesn't seem that interested. If he comes in and there's still time, though, I'd rather battle. Coin flip for bronze just doesn't seem right.

ScraggyTrainer

Whimsy!
Years
PicPax and I got our match done in time and I managed to win it. He did pretty well for not being a double battler. I would like to have a singes match sometime (once I get some singles pokes)

Here is the vid: J7KG-WWWW-WW29-2GCK

PicPax

Quite Fulffy and Perpetually Triggered
Years
PicPax and I got our match done in time and I managed to win it. He did pretty well for not being a double battler. I would like to have a singes match sometime (once I get some singles pokes)

Here is the vid: J7KG-WWWW-WW29-2GCK

Singles is more my Domain. I should prove to be a bit more of a challenge in a Single Battle, considering that anything else just confuses me beyond possibility of doing anything relatively well.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So I guess this is where I congratulate the Prism Cup champion, ScraggyTrainer? Kind of anti-climactic that I'm sitting here waiting for my opponent to show for the Bronze match. {XD}

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Congrats, Scraggy! You are now the holder of the Prism Cup. I never had an emblem designed because of the prizes. Speaking of which, you should pick your 6 shinies from the prize list and post them here.

I am giving Cyclone 3rd place by default. Now we can say that he's one of the best singles players in the league ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Congrats, Scraggy! You are now the holder of the Prism Cup. I never had an emblem designed because of the prizes. Speaking of which, you should pick your 6 shinies from the prize list and post them here.

I am giving Cyclone 3rd place by default. Now we can say that he's one of the best singles players in the league ;)
My Gym record notwithstanding. :P

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
I was so busy with school I didn't even think about checking in here :( However well played Scraggy and congrats to Cyclone for Bronze. My bad, I have a lot to do still so don't be surprised if you don't see me for 2 or 3 days in a row...
Hope you understand that a master degree in Science doesn't come with the wind.

Back