• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Hey, haven't posted here in awhile. Figured I'd try to stir up some activity.

How many bi people do we have here? Seems to be very rarely discussed.

Years
  • i am bisexual :D
    pretty much still in the closet to my family and most of my friends. most probably already guessed i like girls alot >.> but yeah i'm not ready to be loud and proud.

i find it weird right now.. i have this guy friend and we have a thing going great... but i don't really "like like" him >.> not to ask him out and be his girlfriend.. i sorta feel like im leading him on but then we never really talked about feelings so for now i just don't bring it up and enjoy the good thing. he's a great guy i just don't get why i can't feel more then friendship for him ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Being bisexual seems to be an ongoing trend with girls at my school, believe it or not.

No complaints, though! Perhaps it can open the minds of the boys. *crosses fingers* {XD}

Also, would be happy to join The Rainbow Connection.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Sorry to get away from the bisexual topic, but some welcome news in my home state: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/21/justice/michigan-gay-marriage/.

Interesting enough, there's still some fight from the opposition: "That day may not come so fast. Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette, a Republican whose term expires later this year, announced Friday evening he's filed an emergency request for Friedman's order to be stayed and appealed."

Not sure how that's going to affect the immediate ruling, but I think it's safe to say things are headed in the right direction.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Years
  • No celebration here for England and Wales? First same-sex marriages happened and all that? Well, I suppose in a lot of ways marriage is becoming something we're expecting to see happen, at least in civilized parts of the world.

Still, I remember reading about one of those weird people who's gay and is against same-sex marriage because "marriage is a straight people thing" or something to that effect. Seemed a bit of a presumptuous thing to say, in my mind, as it came from a gay man and, no offense to all the wonderful gay men here, it's the G in LGBT that seems least inclusive of others.

I might be a little biased though as a friend of mine is spending a lot of time with his gay friends and won't even consider trying to bridge that circle of friends with my circle of friends even though from what he's said of them it seems like we'd all get along well.

That's not to say that I think badly of anyone who does feel that there should be some off-limits things on principle. It just feels a little sad when people feel like they have to keep things away from other people for fear of, I dunno, appropriation.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I'd like to join please!

I'm a pansexual, I've pretty much come out to all my friends and family which wasn't really a big deal, I did get some funny responses though, half of the people I told asked me if that meant I was attracted to pans, which isn't untrue either I guess.

Anyway... Woohoo for pansexuals! Pansexuals ftw.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Welcome and good on ya. I came out as the same, but no one really asked me any questions. They all kinda just went with it. I came out to some people as trans though and that kinda made things confusing.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I'm not letting this place die! Live LIIIVE. *Stabs club with an epi pen*

How is everyone? News? Stories? Funny stuff?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I feel like there wouldn't be a lot of funny stuff discussed in this club haha.

And I guess I've never contributed anything about myself to this club so why not. Going to talk to a counselor-type person on Monday about my gender issues. Tbh, I'm actually kinda excited. I know people dread that sorta thing, but I'm looking forward to at least getting some stuff out in the open. Honestly don't know what to expect though, it's like a free 45-min session, but the guy does have experience with gender-related stuff so we'll see how it goes.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I used to go to therapy bi-weekly, but now it's just when I feel the need to meet. Mine has met with hundreds of trans clients before so it's been quite lovely. I guess the least you can expect is for the ice to be broken and to tell him a bit about yourself.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah to be honest, I think it went better than I expected. A lot of the topics I was kinda dreading came up with relative ease, and it was a very relaxed environment. Gotta lot of stuff to think about moving forward, but it was very helpful to say the least, and a lot of options opened up for me that I wasn't previously aware of. So I guess anyone that's struggling with something, know that if you're uncomfortable talking with someone you know, a "stranger" is always willing to lend an ear.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah of course, I'd imagine a lot of people would be glad to help in any way possible.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • So has anyone heard about the clergy men in NC that filed a lawsuit against NC because of their same-sex marriage ban? They're saying it violates their religious freedom because they want to perform same-sex marriages. :)

Source

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Okay, so, my love-life is overly complicated at the moment. I'll try to explain the situation the best I can.

My boyfriend is scared of what people would think if they found out he was bisexual (even though I'm pretty sure a lot of people already know). You can imagine this creates a lot of difficulties when going out on dates. Also, he babysits and has a job that keeps him busy when he's not at school, so he can't come to my house or anywhere for that matter. His father hates me (he's homophobic plus he thinks I'm turning his son gay) which means I can't come over to his house.

I haven't had any real interaction with him since January. Any ideas?

Back