• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Return of the Pokemon World Tournament?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • The Pokemon World Tournament was added in for the sequels of BW instead of another frontier. In the game and in the anime they say that the tournament is hosted every X number of years. Do you think they could reference that by having Hoenn host it? Since Hoenn is said to take place years before Future Unova they could include it in.

Would you like to see the PWT return? How do you think they'll handle it if it did considering that Lance, and Iris at least aren't champions (if RSE taking place at the same time as FrLg is to be believed).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd love it if the PWT returned in ORAS. That was one of my favorite parts of the Black2/White2 post-game. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't put it back in though....

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • PWT is the BEST. EVERYONE has begged for Gym Rematches for Years and the PWT allows ALL Gym Leaders to Battle at Lv.50 on an even playing field.

Spent so much time there, it is so much fun!!!

Maybe ORAS will have Frontier, and YX2Z will have PWT.

Years
  • As much as I'd like to see this return, I would hope that if it does I'd still be allowed to rebattle the Hoenn leaders outside of the PWT. See, when I want Gym Leader rematches, I want ones where I can gain money and exp., not BP. However, I'd have a feeling they'd include one or the other (or neither), so I'd rather the PWT not be included at this time. However, if they can implement it and Gym Leader rematches outside of the PWT, then that would be awesome.

Years
  • As much as I'd like to see this return, I would hope that if it does I'd still be allowed to rebattle the Hoenn leaders outside of the PWT. See, when I want Gym Leader rematches, I want ones where I can gain money and exp., not BP. However, I'd have a feeling they'd include one or the other (or neither), so I'd rather the PWT not be included at this time. However, if they can implement it and Gym Leader rematches outside of the PWT, then that would be awesome.

I would also like that to happen. I was upset that B2W2 had them take the place of gym leader rematches, same goes for the gym leader rematches in XY at the Chateau.
    Maybe they could include the PWT with the BF and make it available once we defeat the other seven :3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I REALLY HOPE IT DOES! It sounded SO awesome until you could only battle with 4 Pokemon each time. I want to be able to fight each gym leader 6 on 6! To get the full experience of battling them :) I play the PWT a lot but it could be so much better with just a couple of changes!

Years
  • I REALLY HOPE IT DOES! It sounded SO awesome until you could only battle with 4 Pokemon each time. I want to be able to fight each gym leader 6 on 6! To get the full experience of battling them :) I play the PWT a lot but it could be so much better with just a couple of changes!

It would be. Also maybe they could have the return of Lv. 100 battles too.

Years
  • I don't think PWT will make a return for the Hoenn remakes. I see PWT in BW2 as a substitute for a Battle Frontier, which the upcoming remakes will undoubtably feature.

I would like to see it happen but I'm not counting on it.

Years
  • I don't think PWT will make a return for the Hoenn remakes. I see PWT in BW2 as a substitute for a Battle Frontier, which the upcoming remakes will undoubtably feature.

I would like to see it happen but I'm not counting on it.

I guess if it doesn't return it'll return for the third version of the Kalos saga or it's sequels...or prequels...

Maybe they could host the PWT at the battle dome :3

Years
  • I guess if it doesn't return it'll return for the third version of the Kalos saga or it's sequels...or prequels...

Maybe they could host the PWT at the battle dome :3
    If Kiloude City doesn't get renovated, we could see something similar to PWT in the third game/remake.

That said, having a separate section at Battle Dome for accomodating the competitions that PWT hosted doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually, since the Battle Dome hosts a competition of similar style.

Years
  • If Kiloude City doesn't get renovated, we could see something similar to PWT in the third game/remake.

That said, having a separate section at Battle Dome for accomodating the competitions that PWT hosted doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually, since the Battle Dome hosts a competition of similar style.

Maybe they could open up that kind of "battle mode" after defeating Tucker either the first time (Silver) or the second (gold).

Years
  • I like the idea of the Battle Dome being merged with the PWT, and can definitely see it o: And maybe the mechanics of the Battle Dome (i.e., if you're doing Singles you'd pick three Pokemon from the start but can only use two per battle) could be optional for the tournaments to spice things up a bit~

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I kinda want to see PWT in Hoenn on account that we get to see the other Gym Leaders and E4 in 3D so that is nice :) So yeah, I'm open to that possibility!

Years
  • Having both the Battle Frontier and the Pokemon World Tournament would make for quite the extensive post-game, which by no means is a bad thing. I just don't see them including both into one game, and Battle Frontier is much more likely to be brought back because it was in the original Hoenn installment. I liked PWT in Unova, though, so if they did put both into ORAS I'd participate in each of them. n__n

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I desperately want the PWT in these games because it would mean the inclusion of some new characters.
    At this point in the timeline Faulkner's dad would probably still be the Gym Leader.

Years
  • It depends. The Hoenn saga takes place only a few years before the tale of Johto begins. It's possible Faulkner was gym leader by then. Also it may feel out of place to introduce a new character. Though perhaps they could also add Johto to the post game and we could meet this new/old gym leader. However, that will be one awesomely long post game :D .

It'll be cool if the champion had Mega evolutions. Red could have Charizard. They could give Blue/Green Venusaur or Blastoise. Steven can have MegaAggron or if they add more MegaMetagross. Wallace could have MegaGyarados or if they add more MegaMilotic. Cynthia will have her MegaGarchomp. Alder will get...nothing? Unless they give Unova Pokémon Megas.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Timelines will be an odd kink to work out, but considering that the tournament would kind of be an attachment, it might not have to be entirely canon. It could just be a cute little thing to do after the main story that includes all of our favorite NPC/ Gym Leaders/Champions, etc. with updated rosters and looks and such.

Back