• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Safari Zone!

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
  • We had a pretty decent Safari Zone in R/S/E, with the ability to catch Pokemon of certain natures through the PokeBlock feeder, areas that required a certain bike to get to which gave you something to discover even if you've been there a couple times, and a nifty expansion in Emerald.

However, we've had some new features tied to later Safari Zones as well. Johto you could basically mix and match your own Safari Zone, while X and Y gave us Friend Safaris.

So, what would you like to see in ORAS? Hoenn style? Something completely different?

---

I personally want something sprawling and epic. Something big enough that I'll have to buy more steps or Safari Balls halfway through to make it through all of it. They could accomplish this with expansions to the vanilla R/S/E Safari Zone as the plot moves on, and/or use postgame sidequests to unlock more. I'm meh about the PokeBlock feeder returning, and I'd rather throw generic bait then have to waste PokeBlocks on Pokemon that might not like them. I'd also like the Friend Safari to return in some form, but with different Pokemon setups assigned to the friend codes, for variety. They could place it on one of the unexplorable islands.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I wold definitely like to see the Hoenn/Kanto style Safari Zone. I don't think it should be massive, though. The entire Hoenn region serves that purpose. I don't want PokéBlocks to return but I think that they, or a similar replacement, will return. As long as Wobbuffet is still available in the Safari Zone, I'll be fine :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I really liked the Hoenn Safari Zone, because we could find some valuable TMs and certain sections were only accessibly by the Mach Bike or the Acro Bike. I'd like to see a bit of an extension, as they'd obviously extend the Pokédex anyway. I didn't like the Great Marsh that much, but finding different Pokémon in different days is something cool. Perhaps something like that would work I guess...?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I'd like them to keep their original Safari Zone from RSE, and keep all Pokémon that were there. On side, though, it would also be nice if they could incorporate some Friend Safari techniques, and have you befriend other people to unlock more wild Pokémon and increase your range. :] This way, they could be having more use of Friend Codes, and allow players to possibly meet others and get to know them.

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I want the original RSE setup for the Safari Zone. I caught some of my most beloved Pokémon there (Shiny Donphan, Girafarig, Raichu) and would prefer to see it unchanged. Personally, I wasn't fond of the Friend Safari in X and Y, simply because it was so limited. If you didn't have any friends who would share their codes - and in the result, their Safari's - what would you do? And even then, there are only 3 Pokémon to a person. I think the idea is cute and catching starters was genius, but I would rather they stick with the original Safari. I think it would be great if they could implement some new regions into it though. Maybe after the League?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'd like to see them stick to the original RSE Safari Zone with Emerald's expansion available from the start to bolster the size of the regional pokédex somewhat.

I think it would be cool if there was a 1% chance in any area for a pokémon from one of your friend's safaris to appear with their hidden ability guaranteed...just so the Friend Safari concept isn't overlooked. XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I want a Safari Zone similarly designed to either The Great Marsh or Pal Park, because Pal Park having a combination of biomes all in one was pretty rad. I don't like the idea of "zones" but rather patches of grass and sand and water, etc. that have different Pokemon set to appear in them. I just don't want to spend time swapping between zones. That's too confusing to me, anyway, trying to keep up with where to go for what.

As long as the bikes have some sort of us there again! That'd be rad. I liked the little puzzles, just not the fact you could only use one bike at a time so you couldn't do something every time you went. Oh, that reminds me, I want Phanpy to still be available there because if it's not then hell will have to be paid.

Years
  • I want the hoenn safari, but with Guaranteed 2 iv pokemon and Hidden abilitIRS, a mix between the hoenn and kalos ones

Years
  • That feels a bit extravagant for the typical Safari Zone. Perhaps as a post-game location, but...

That would work. See if they don't do the friend safari machanics breeding would be really hard again.
    That said there is room for transferring, but I doubt that they will force us to transfer to get competitive pokemon.
    They could make it work.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • We had a pretty decent Safari Zone in R/S/E, with the ability to catch Pokemon of certain natures through the PokeBlock feeder, areas that required a certain bike to get to which gave you something to discover even if you've been there a couple times, and a nifty expansion in Emerald.

However, we've had some new features tied to later Safari Zones as well. Johto you could basically mix and match your own Safari Zone, while X and Y gave us Friend Safaris.

So, what would you like to see in ORAS? Hoenn style? Something completely different?

---

I personally want something sprawling and epic. Something big enough that I'll have to buy more steps or Safari Balls halfway through to make it through all of it. They could accomplish this with expansions to the vanilla R/S/E Safari Zone as the plot moves on, and/or use postgame sidequests to unlock more. I'm meh about the PokeBlock feeder returning, and I'd rather throw generic bait then have to waste PokeBlocks on Pokemon that might not like them. I'd also like the Friend Safari to return in some form, but with different Pokemon setups assigned to the friend codes, for variety. They could place it on one of the unexplorable islands.

I would like the Emerald Safari Zone layout (including the post-League expansion that contains more Johto Pokemon), as well as any Pokemon that were present in the Ruby/Sapphire Safari Zone. I'm not sure whether Altering Cave (which is e-Reader dependent and normally is just full of Zubat only) will return; if it doesn't, a Safari Zone expansion could be made to contain (and possibly randomize itself each time you enter the Safari Zone, to reference the e-Reader cards) the intended Pokemon for Emerald's Altering Cave. And if not elsewhere in Hoenn, the Safari Zone can have more space for a few Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokemon, too.

I wold definitely like to see the Hoenn/Kanto style Safari Zone. I don't think it should be massive, though. The entire Hoenn region serves that purpose. I don't want PokéBlocks to return but I think that they, or a similar replacement, will return. As long as Wobbuffet is still available in the Safari Zone, I'll be fine :P

The overworld Pokeblock feeder things (since certain Natures like certain PokeBlocks) would work well in tandem in Synchronize (used to force encounters with wild Pokemon of a specific Nature), since if the "Synchronize" effect fails (of which there is a 50% chance), the "Pokeblock feeder" could be used to still give you a potential chance to encounter a wild Pokemon with the Nature that you want. It occasionally sucked to waste Pokeblocks in battle, but I think they would help greatly during battle if you were searching for specific-Natured Pokemon and fed it an enthralling PokeBlock.

If possible, there could also be a small patch in the Safari Zone that works identically to Kalos' Friend Safari (especially as how Secret Bases are going to be encouraging multiplayer connectivity anyways..).

Oh, and the music needs to stay the same; it really fits the spirit of an actual "animal safari"!

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • i dont mind if they dont bring back the safari zone, as long as they improve the friend safari. like the FS had a lot of potential, but it went to waste because you could only ever find three pokemon in there (and two if you hadn't met the requirements to find the third)... would've been better if they had it set to that you could explore multiple FS's in different patches of grass, instead of limiting you to the one patch of 2/3 pokemon.

so yeah, if they dont bring back the safari zone, then i'd like an improved FS. but if they dont improve the FS, bring back the safari zone - i really do love it.

Years
  • I want Phanpy to still be available there because if it's not then hell will have to be paid.

Phanpy's line is in the Hoenn Dex so I'm sure you won't be sad there, bud.

But as for the Safari Zone itself, I'd like if they improved it now that we've seen what the Friend Safari in Kalos is like. In the Friend Safari, we aren't limited to using Safari Balls and we can actually use our own Pokemon and Poke Balls in the wild battles there. I'd also like to see it able to include various Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos Pokemon in the post-game, sorta like how Johto Pokemon were found there in Emerald and also Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in Johto's Safari Zone in HG/SS, albeit through special requirements.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I feel like I'd want to see both a Safari Zone and then the separate Friend Safari, because the Hoenn Safari zone was amazing on its own, but the friend safari is too good a feature to just remove. So, I'd say have both.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    If the exact safari zone that was in Ruby/Sapphire returned it would be terrible in my opinion, there are almost twice as much pokemon now as there were when they were released. The safari would need to change so much I don't think it would even feel the same which would ruin it looking the same IMO.

I'd rather they did a Friend Safari like they did in X/Y but with pokemon that you couldn't get in X/Y's Friend Safari such as HA Dragalge and some other pokemon thats Hidden Abilities have not been released yet. (Swellow if its HA hasn't been released would be nice)

Years
  • Personally I would love some rarer Pokemon such as Arcanine or an Eveelution just to freshen things up a bit and I think the friend safari will return as it was a nice feature In X and Y even if they did remove the Safari Zone from the game

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Would you guys want the step limit to return? For me this was kind of annoying, but I have to admit that it added pressure and made the safari zone more exciting and special.

I think it would be interesting if they incorporated the friend safari into it; by this I mean that everyone should start with the classic safari zone that was in Hoenn, but if you have friends then you get additional rare pokemon/areas.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ok, so how about:
    1. The Pokeblock thingies are back and you can put different blocks in them.
    2. The next Pokemon you meet has an 80% chance of being of a Nature that prefers that flavor.
    3. It has a 30% chance of having a Hidden Ability ONLY if it is of a Nature attracted to the PokeBlock.
    4. Post-game spot is available like in Emerald
    5. Bike Puzzles. <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I hope we have the same safari zone as in R/S/E. I wouldn't mind the friend safari returning,but I would hate if it replaced the original safari zone.

Back