• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Shadow Triad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    1. The Shadow Triad were cool, as all ninjas are. Still it would be nice to see more backstory to them, like their reasons for following Ghetsis besides some vague "He saved our lives long ago"... I'd like to know the circumstances behind that, for instance.

2. I can't say for sure, but I'm erring on the side of no. Neither the Shadow Triad or the Striation Gym trio were developed enough for me to even try to say if they were one and the same.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I really liked their whole schtick, and Ghetsis aside they were probably the most menacing characters in the game, even while they were just shuffling you from one room to another. They needed more love, heck, all of Team Plasma's important members needed more than what they got. Concordia and what's-her-face? Hopefully they'll get into that when the next game releases.

Eh, don't really buy the Triaton leaders theory. Possible, but undetermined.

Years
    Just to be crazy, I think the Shadow Triad are the Nuvema Town trio (i.e Black/White, Bianca and Cheren) from the future. I mean it'd explain the random appearances etc. Or they could be involved in a later game, perhaps?

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    1. The Shadow Triad are okay. It's good to see ninjas every once in a while, and it'd be also nice if they had some sort of backstory.

2. I'm one of those people who's suspicious about the Shadow Triad = Striaton Gym leaders theory. I don't see proof about that.

At the end of the game, talk to them, one of them says they couldn't get to the bit where all the gym leaders appear. SO it makes it suspicious

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I never thought of the triad to be the gym leaders of Striaton City. I wish you fought them, though. Oh and Spherical Ice's theory sounds good, but why would they side with Ghestis?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I waited the battle against the Shadow Triad, that would have been great.
    And on the theory of the leaders of Striaton City, I am quite sure that they are the Shadow Triad, none of the first gym leader from the previous games has been, let us say, rare as these three characters. That makes me suspicious ...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Just to be crazy, I think the Shadow Triad are the Nuvema Town trio (i.e Black/White, Bianca and Cheren) from the future. I mean it'd explain the random appearances etc. Or they could be involved in a later game, perhaps?

That'd be... totally crazy. Maybe Ghetsis was right after all then and they were supposed to stop the player from beating N!! Or they were brainwashed in the future. Or maybe they're evil clones of the three made by Looker.

/awful theories

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    That'd be... totally crazy. Maybe Ghetsis was right after all then and they were supposed to stop the player from beating N!! Or they were brainwashed in the future. Or maybe they're evil clones of the three made by Looker.

/awful theories

This leads me to think that maybe our point of view is wrong and if they come from the future, they support N because that is the only option to save the world. Wow! It would be a highly drastic turn to the story ...

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    MY opinion

1. I think there awsome.

2. I think that the Striaton City gym leader theory is legit because the First time you reall battle team plasma (excluding your battle with N) is in Striaton City.

1. I think there awsome.

2. I think that the Striaton City gym leader theory is legit because the First time you reall battle team plasma (excluding your battle with N) is in Striaton City.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I liked them. They were unimportant, and their missions were very trivial, but, it was nice to be genuinely surprised and a tad bit startled when they appeared out of the blue and quickly pushed you to a desired location.

Great minions, but, sadly put in a role which they could've easily been replaced by normal, generic grunts.
    I'd like to see more development in a future installment. Maybe the sister game to Black and White will add some well-deserved juice to their stories and roles? Only Nintendo knows.

The Cilan, Cress, and Chili theory seems a bit farfetched and arbitrarily made.
    "DUDE, THERE'S, LIKE, THREE OF THEM, AND LIKE; THERE'S THREE OF THE OTHER GUYS. MUST BE THE SAME PEOPLE! OH MY WOOOORRRRDDDD!"
    But it must make great fan-fiction material.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    The Shadow Triad

Cress, Cilan + Chili = Shadow Triad. :3

Do you like the shadow triad? Would've you preferred if they had some sort of storyline themselves? Or do you find them creepy? :(

I like them but their clothes and designs are so creepy. ;< -shivers-

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    1. I really did like the Shadow Triad. It is indeed creepy-- which is why I like it so much! Gah whenever they popped up, I'd just be like "WTF?". I would have indeed preferred somewhat- even the tiniest- of a storyline for them, or any kind of background nformation.

2. I really like that theory because of what happened at the end of the game. Cilan and Cress and Chili really gave off this bad vibe for me. I didn't like how we barely engaged in anything with either one of them. But it's just a weird hunch. I honestly don't know.

I really like the Shadow Triad. I actually wanted to be one of them D;

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    they seemed like absolute story-fillers to me.
    I never thought of relating them to those 3 gym leaders, they are just not related in any way! except the number =o

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Well at least they are much better then team Rocket in previous generations :P

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I like them the entire time i wanted a backstory but the their is NO WAY its cilian, ect just no way..... is there?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    the first three Gym Leaders weren't included because there are only six sages that were there at the time

so seven Gym Leaders would be MORE then enough

if you go to the Striaton Gym post game, they'll also be nervous because they didn't think they were strong enough to begin with so...they would've been in the way

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    the first three Gym Leaders weren't included because there are only six sages that were there at the time

so seven Gym Leaders would be MORE then enough

if you go to the Striaton Gym post game, they'll also be nervous because they didn't think they were strong enough to begin with so...they would've been in the way
    wrong there were 8 gym leaders at the time counting the seven you face in the game plus the other versions eighth gym leader.
    I think it would be a awesome twist if they were the three gym leaders...it would certainly surprise the trio's fan girls :P

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Dude i thought of something, Cilan, Chili, and Cress where to only gym leaders you never see fight team plasma while every other one had some issue with them, and there the gym leaders that didn't fight the 7 sages and if you talk to Cilan after beating the game he says "In the unova region, um, we are still novice gym leaders." Notice the um he is hesitant. oh man im good :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    lol, at the Shadow Triad = Striation Gym Leader theory

The Shadow Triad

The Shadow Triad is just creepy. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but they're practically creepers - jumping out at you at random times. ): Though I do agree with Clyde by their roles being story fillers. The triad are like helpers for Ghetsis; other than that, I don't see them as anything else...like gym leaders. :B

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back