• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    You do have an awfully large post count for the amount of time you've been here Gamer. ;D Hopefully PC will be that one forum you choose to stay at for a long time to come. :O

I don't post much anymore. :/ I think my posts per day is like 1.22 if it's even above 1.

And lol, RP Camerupt is awesome. ^o^

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    You do have an awfully large post count for the amount of time you've been here Gamer. ;D Hopefully PC will be that one forum you choose to stay at for a long time to come. :O

I don't post much anymore. :/ I think my posts per day is like 1.22 if it's even above 1.

And lol, RP Camerupt is awesome. ^o^

My post count isn't the only thing that is "awfully large" I also have a pretty big sofa. yeah. its basically posts like this that are the key to PC++ (also NU/W helps).

.Aero

Years
    Now what to do about Magmortar. He's so amazingly broken in NU it's not even funny. What are some of his common counters in NU? I may have room on my new team for one!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Well, nothing stops him outright, usually you have to weaken it then revenge kill.

EDIT: I found a Moltres Counter Offensive CM Boosting Grumpig
    26.4% - 31.3% Hidden Power [Grass]
    33.8% - 39.8% Fire Blast
    42.3% - 50.3% Air Slash

Grumpig is way underrated. (These calcs were done without factoring in CM Boosts, me and Aero also tested it and it counters Magmortar.)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Um how is getting 2hko'd with SR up by its secondary stab move a counter lol

Slowking and Flareon are the only good Magmortar counters in NU.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    After 1 CM Psychic does ~50-55%. Also, it takes all of Magmortars hits like a champ. Fire Blast only does like ~21% without boosts, so you can easily play around to switch into something that doesn't hurt it since T-Bolt is the only threatening thing. Also, we never tested it against Moltres, just Magmortar. It was late.

.Aero

Years
    If you switch into a t-bolt, and spend the first turn on a CM, you still won't lose even in a worst case scenario (albeit you'll be close to dying, and this is assuming no major hax). Therefore, I think it is a viable counter. ^o^ Plus he's just so pudgy you can't pass him up.

And how well does Slowking take Tbolt? (Not asking to be a smart ass, just wondering because I like Slowking more than Pig)

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Slowking is 2HKO'ed by Specs Thunderbolt and a Thunderbolt by a mix Magmortar. Scarf Thunderbolt is a 3HKO (for the Special Wall Slowking set). Surf from the same Slowking OHKO'es all those variants with SR up (it's a surefire KO with SR, otherwise you'll do around max 90%)

.Aero

Years
    What an awful commercial.

And I found that out and forgot to edit Fire Wolf. So it can counter with good prediction, so that's good. I'm still using Grumpig as my counter because he can still switch into a T-bolt and win.

Years
    Sigh, I suck at team building. No matter how well I plan out for anything I'll run into, the result is that my stall team is always mediocre garbage. If I ever find a good combination, I'll have to completely make a new shoddy account given all the failed teams I've tried out on this one. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back