• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
  • No, if I were really last ditching it, I'd suck up to someone that mattered ._.

Smashed
    Crushed
    Decimated
    Destroyed
    Annihilated
    Demolished
    Wrecked

Maybe if this thread could be more insulting like that, it would be more fun for Anti. ^o^

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • 2 whole days w/o a post?! Anti must be so happy. =P

Anywho in order to make a post that isn't something pointless new UU suspects:

SUSPECTS ARE: RAIKOU, MOLTRES, PORYGON-Z, CRESSELIA and DAMP ROCK

Discuss.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Here's my arguments for the suspects I support banning:

Damp Rock: This really makes Rain Dance broken in UU, where a truckload of Swift Swimmers are present, and can abuse the Rain to full advantage of the course of eight turns. Without it, Rain Dance teams have less time to sweep efficiently, and the effectiveness of Rain Dance sweepers would then be cut drastically.

Porygon-Z: This thing hits like a truck in UU, easily having the highest base Special Attack. Without a priority fighting type move, a Scarfed fighting type, Registeel (non HP Fighting versions only), or D_A's ChanseyTomb combo, it is extremely difficult to bring down a Nasty Plot Porygon-Z of any kind. With Porygon-Z gone, the centralization of the game around it will be gone as well, and UU will settle down a little bit.

Cresselia: Cresselia can thrive in UU so well because of the lower amount of powerful physical attackers that hit Cresselia for super effective (nothing really hits like Tyranitar or Scizor do back up in OU), and it has decent speed, allowing it to cripple a large majority of the metagame. Cresselia can also easily set up a sweep thanks to its natural bulk (and lower amounts of weather teams, increasing the recovery yield of Moonlight), or can support a team easily through Dual Screens and the signature Lunar Dance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    2 whole days w/o a post?! Anti must be so happy. =P

Anywho in order to make a post that isn't something pointless new UU suspects:

SUSPECTS ARE: RAIKOU, MOLTRES, PORYGON-Z, CRESSELIA and DAMP ROCK

Discuss.

Firstly, Rofl @ Froslass being perma UU now (got voted UU TWICE) so heysup will be so mad hahaha.

Raikou frikking sucks. Im sorry but if you cannot deal with this by now your team is horrible, end of story. When you cant OHKO Donphan with +1 HP Grass you know you are awful.

Moltres is meh. I dont care.

P-Z makes stall unviable and forces you to run stupid stuff to beat it. Yanmega made offense unviable so if P-Z does the same then it should go. Scarfer also decimates offensive teams.

Cress is kinda meh too, i really couldn't care less. It never caused me problems prolly because i play REALLY heavy stall in UU so i have PHazers and crap. Can see why people would want it banned though. Psycho Shift + Trick Burn Orb Cress is ironically its best set imo lol.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Im totally for Cress' Best set ^^

Though I used it on Latias :x Tar and Co. have a nasty habit for switching in >:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Gwah, either Smogon is pulling a trick on me, or it seems that Porygon-Z and Cresselia have been bumped into BL! It looks like DA's wish came true...And it looks like that's the last of me being in UU. :(
    Oh well, of all the former OUs suspected being broken (i.e Alakazam and Rhyperior), Porygon-Z was one of the few that could actually live up to the hype (minus the Hyper Beam action) it received, so I suppose it's not all bad...

You haven't seen the last of Z!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Crap.. Moltres voted UU... Anyway, DA told me the best Moltres counter, Munchlax!! (it really is!!) (aka Anti's pre-evo)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • See children, this is what we call spam. Don't be like gamer. :O

Ok, so someone name the best spiker/tspiker in NU please. :( I can't find a decent one.

Don't use T-Spikes in NU. Skunktank is everywhere. Spikers are:

Omanyte
    Roselia
    Glalie
    Cacturne

(maybe 1 or two more i forgot)

Also, I didn't think you could spam the DCC.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Gamer, in the spikers list you forgot Pineco :P. The most viable Toxic Spikers are Omanyte, Roselia and Pineco.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • Can somebody give a quick overview of the metagame in the last 6 months I've been away? This is a completely nontrolling question, I have a ton of freetime and I think I'll build a team tonight and just want to know if I'll get stuck in the epic stall wars of the pre-platinum metagame, or be ripped to shreds in seconds by the post-platinum metagame.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can somebody give a quick overview of the metagame in the last 6 months I've been away? This is a completely nontrolling question, I have a ton of freetime and I think I'll build a team tonight and just want to know if I'll get stuck in the epic stall wars of the pre-platinum metagame, or be ripped to shreds in seconds by the post-platinum metagame.

Semi-Stall dominates the metagame now basically.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Coming from Rain Dance user:

Damp Rock isn't really that broken. It's things like Ludicolo that make it broken. Ludicolo is a monster under rain, yet allowed in UU. DR just adds another 3 turns to the madness, so I think we're missing the point here. Damp Rock isn't broken, it's the Rain Dance mechanics in UU as a whole. You may as well throw Ludicolo in BL to lower the ownage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back