• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Top 20 Fugliest Pokemon Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Your kidding...

Man the fugliest to me would be...

GENGAR

Why would it be Chimchar?
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha,

How does a thread last for so long?

Thanks community members, for so much time spent replying to this.

Anyone who thinks that 90% of Pokemon from the 3rd and 4th Gen are fugly and that none of the 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon are fugly... you're absolutely right. =]

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
Years
I have no problem with any of those in the first post. Apart from Skuntak and Wormadam which are generally ugly and Shiftry, which, if I'm not mistaken, is just a head with arms and legs stuck to it. It would look infinitely better if it had a body.

And I'd also like to point out that each regions pokemon are clearly based on the region itself.
Kanto: Urban: many cats and dogs etc. all with simple colour schemes
Johto: Rural: similar designs to Kanto since they are next to each other the pokemon wouldn't vary much.
Hoenn: Tropical: many water pokemon, all pokemon have bright colours
Sinnoh: Cold/Mountainous: A lot of bulky pokemon in the region, many rock, steel and ice types

Basically the pokemon designs are all influenced by the area which is why the gen 1 and 2 pokemon look so different from the gen 3 and 4 pokemon.

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
I'm guessing that this was mainly for humor than anything else, but I have to disagree with you on Latios, since without Latios Latias wouldn't be complete. I think there are Pokemon that could better fill Latios's spot. (Graveler, for example, but that's just me.)

BlueAngelHikari

At your service, ~desu!
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2009
but I have to disagree with you on Latios, since without Latios Latias wouldn't be complete. I think there are Pokemon that could better fill Latios's spot.
Agreed. Latios completes Latias. And, just to tell you, Latios and Latias almost look the same. Basically, Latios is not ugly.
~Hikari

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Just so you know, this whole thread is wrong. Those 20 pokemon come down to your personal opinion, I personally think Chimchar, Latios and Happiny are quite cute. Dusknoir looks like a wall and Deoxy's looks awesome with it's wavy arms.

As I said, personal opinion.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
Years
My Top 10 (images courtesy of www.pokebeach.com)

#10 Mr. Mime
122.png

It's got hair like Krusty the Clown, the face of a Chucky doll, puppetlike joints and it stole shoes from one of Santa's elves. Need I say more?

#9 Forretress
205.png

I guess it's okay looking for the most part. It's the pink that bothers me for some reason....I don't hate pink but...it's not the color I would've chosen for forretress.

#8 Carvanha
318.png

The fact that its lower tooth reaches above its head is bad enough but that color combination? It looks like the designers borrowed some paint from a kindergarten classroom. I mean, I like all of those colors but the way they were put together is just hideous.

#7 Burmy
412.png

All of them are fugly but the sand cloak one is especially hideous! It looks like something my cats would cough up!

#6 Flaaffy
180.png

It's a shame that this is what serves as a link between Mareep and Ampharos. I mean, I'll admit it's kind of cute but something doesn't seem right about it...I mean I know it's serving as a transition between Amphy and Mareep (both of which look entirely different from one another) but why depict that transition as a horribly mutated sheep?

#5 Cherubi
420.png

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that this thing absorbs the nutrients from what is apparently its partially developed twin until the thing shrivels up and disappears?

#4 Rhyperior
464.png

Rhyhorn and Rhydon both looked really cool. However this looks like some kind of rejected Transformer

#3 Magmortar
467.png

I don't have a fear of clowns but if I did I would probably sue Sugimori's team for this one :P

#2 Lickilicky
463.png

I warmed up to Lickitung a few months after I got my first Pokemon game. But this thing...I doubt I'm ever gonna get used to it. I mean, it looks like some sort of invertabrate that one would dissect in their biology class. Lovely.

#1 Ambipom
424.png

AUGH!! I'd rather be trapped in a room with a Metroid than with this monstrosity! I swear, I literally recoiled when I saw Ambipom's sprite for the first time. I may have said this before but I don't even wanna know what they were smoking when they came up with this thing!

Last edited:

b7astoise

GrinchGod
Years
wow raikacastillo's top ten had me dying lmaoooooooo!! ambipom looks like it should be squirting out milk or something but the fugliest pokemon for me has to be ditto and togekiss haha

Years
Anyone who thinks that 90% of Pokemon from the 3rd and 4th Gen are fugly and that none of the 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon are fugly... you're absolutely right. =]
Truth spoken. =P

Aside from the fact that many 4th gen Pokemon are extremely weird and comical looking (Ambipom, Licklicky, Bidoof, many others), there are also way too many that are just bad concepts or bad designs. Giratina, in both it's forms, is just a ridiculous looking Pokemon. They went extremely overboard with it. Magmortar is also an examples of this. The clown apperance is one thing; the cannon-esque arms is just overkill.

I really didn't have too many problems with 3rd gen Pokemon, aside from some (I already expressed my distaste for Deoxys earlier in this thread), but overall, most of the 3rd gens were still ok. But the 4th gens... aside from a rare few, they aren't very good.

Last edited:

GoldenBagon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
dude i know its meant to be humourous but it didnt even make me smile chimchar as the ugliest i mean wheres the swampert or empolean or toterra??
also dont diss ken i but you couldnt draw 4(soon to be 5) series of pokemon

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
If I understood you correctly you meant: Also, don't diss Ken, you could never draw four (soon to be five) series of pokémon.
If I did, here's my answer:

Yes, it is indeed hard to draw that many monsters and still keep with the fluctuations in taste among the modern kids to create a greater appeal whilst still being original enough to appeal the older gamers.
lol
dude i know its meant to be humourous but it didnt even make me smile chimchar as the ugliest i mean wheres the swampert or empolean or toterra??
also dont diss ken i but you couldnt draw 4(soon to be 5) series of pokemon
lol
Infernape is so much more fugly than Chimchar.
lol
Ok, we'll go with that. =P
ha
ha
ha
Once again, it's not up to you, or anyone else for that matter, to decide this for others as it, in the end, comes down to personal taste. Ergo, that isn't a truth.
But you're allowed to agree with the poster of course.
It may not be a truth, but it's an opinion that isn't strongly resisted against. =P
Truth spoken. =P
Aside from the fact that many 4th gen Pokemon are extremely weird and comical looking (Ambipom, Licklicky, Bidoof, many others), there are also way too many that are just bad concepts or bad designs. Giratina, in both it's forms, is just a ridiculous looking Pokemon. They went extremely overboard with it. Magmortar is also an examples of this. The clown apperance is one thing; the cannon-esque arms is just overkill.

I really didn't have too many problems with 3rd gen Pokemon, aside from some (I already expressed my distaste for Deoxys earlier in this thread), but overall, most of the 3rd gens were still ok. But the 4th gens... aside from a rare few, they aren't very good.
I actually hate the 3rd Gen almost as much as I hate the 4th... after I bought Ruby for the first time, I was just thinking, "WHERS MY POGEYMANS?"
wow raikacastillo's top ten had me dying lmaoooooooo!! ambipom looks like it should be squirting out milk or something but the fugliest pokemon for me has to be ditto and togekiss haha
|:
banette! that face is a scream of wtf
That face is just a scream in general.
#1 Ambipom
AUGH!! I'd rather be trapped in a room with a Metroid than with this monstrosity! I swear, I literally recoiled when I saw Ambipom's sprite for the first time. I may have said this before but I don't even wanna know what they were smoking when they came up with this thing!
hahahahahahaha
I considered Ambipom a lot... I just couldn't... I mean, I'd be insulting Aipom, too. D:

I think it's time for some...

Honorable Mentions (Short and Punny):
257.png

I think I made this pose in gym class once... but I've never made a face like that.
253.png

Don't give me that look, you know you're fugly.
258.png

So I heard you liek... no, you don't.
425.png

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble... but this thing has got to go.
384.png

I'll give you my ARCEUS for your ASS.
365.png

His bark is worse than his bite... but the bite is pretty bad, too.
486.png

Ay, I have a bush for an eye. And my feet are quite a feat!

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Yeah, the only generation in which I like all Pokémon is the first, in the second I like them all but a few (Houndour/Houndoom and some other abominations whose name shouldn't be spoken of, as that will lure them out of their filthy den), the third I have a hard time liking most of them (The starters are alright, with the grass evolutions line being my favourite in my game, Aggron, Zangoose (is a borderline), Corpish/Crawdaunt, Delcatty (NOT Skitty), Keckleon and Relincanth being alright) and the D/P versions where I find most but a few pokémon appealing as well (Probopass, Magnezone, Tangela's evolution, Hippowdon, Gliscor and Drapion are some abominations to mention, but to forget as soon s they're heard).

But you do agree that drawing 400+ pokémon and still keeping up with the same quality is a hard task, right? Just tracing all those is a hard enough task, so how hard wouldn't it be to actually draw and invent them from scratch? Just look at all rubbish pokémon from many hacks that look abominable all of them.

Who knows, maybe Ken Sugimori had a lucky streak when drawing the first generation- but still we are the most attached to the ones we grew up with.
Ha- yes, Ken got lucky with RBY and GSC. I guess he broke his hand back in 2001?

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2010
LMAO tht was SOOOOOO freekin funny XDXDXD!!!

i was laughing histerically at some of those comments...just WOW! =)

tht was immense

make something else like this, u shud do it in real life...tht was so funny mannn =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back