• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Touchscreen!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The 3DS's touchscreen. How do you think it will be cooperated on this game?

For example, the C-Gear was used as the touchscreen on Pokemon Black and White!

With Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby being on the 3DS and the availability of StreetPass, do you think there's a chance that the C-Gear, or something like that from Pokemon BW, will be used even more so than before? Or perhaps there's the chance they'll integrate a new mechanic to operate StreetPass without including the C-Gear and taking up the entire touchscreen at all?

What do you hope the touchscreen will be used for? Would you like to see the return of the C-Gear, or the other mechanics from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, or would you rather have the start menu as well as other options available to be used instead?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think (and hope) that the touch screen will be used similar to how it was used in X & Y, with the menus and easy access to Amie and Super Training. They'll probably beef up the interface into something more fancy, and maybe some additions like giving the Pokénav it's own page, but I don't think they'll do something completely different.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Well, Pokemon-amie is confirmed to return, which pretty much confirms the return of the PSS for me personally too.
    Chances are, though, that these options would be availble through not the C-gear, but the Pokénav. It could work same as in DPPt: You don't have a bottom screen display (out of the touch screen menu when you press X) until you get the pokénav.
    From that on, there could be buttons to select Pokemon Amie, the PSS, (eventually) Super training and so on.

Years
  • That would indeed be very nice to be able to access the team screen without having to enter it. PSS on touchscreen is nice too, but how about a way to manage O-Auras directly aswell (assuming they'll be back) ?

Years
  • In X and Y, there were buttons for the menu screen on the bottom, including the Pokédex, your team, save, options, the bag and trainer card. They might put those back, or they could put the Pokénav somewhere on the touch screen as default. Since we know Amie will be returning, that'll be there i'd imagine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I can see the PokéNav being touchscreen and all. It could be similar to the original. Like the 3 options at the bottom, and the trainer call and info would be on the top. The original PSS, Amie and Super Training will probably remain, too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I see the Pokenav being added on the touch screen later on. It'll be interesting to see if they do include the PSS features on it. Irc we don't get the Pokenav until we stop Magma/Aqua from stealing the Devon Goods. So if it were to include the PSS it'll mean we need to stop Magma/Aqua in order to trade. Though it's pretty early on, so it won't be all that different from how pre-Gen VI we needed the first badge to trade.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    In 2014, 2 generations after DPt, and a whole hardware generation later, I would find it unacceptable if at the least the Pokenav isn't on the bottom screen. It absolutely needs to be a color version of the Poketch, just with the 3 main functions of map, calls, and Pokemon conditions. Maybe throw in the PSS, but otherwise yeah, the Pokenav has to be the main touchscreen.

Years
  • Personally, I see it configured as something akin to X and Y, but with a PokeNav design to it, so basically the feature from RSE expanded to include all of the new mechanics that were introduced in recent games.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would really like to see the PokeNav on the bottom with HGSS's design where the apps would be easily accessible. I really liked that design, but I think that they have moved on from it by now xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Speaking of HGSS we could get a return of the touch screen from those games, with the Pokenav being in the same place where the Pokegear is in those games. I wouldn't mind that. I like the menu from the Johto remakes the best out of all the games.

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years
  • I really hope they could have the pokemon team screen already down there by default instead of me having to enter it everytime.

This would be nice. Maybe add it to the screens you could cycle through with L and R, so you'd have the Pokenav, PSS, Pokemon-Amie, and your party so you could check it every so often. Or maybe you could register a page to be that fourth slot, like, if for some reason you love to look at your TM's, you could set the TM page to the fourth slot.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I think the PSS, and Pokemon Amie are returning as well as with other new tabs. Maybe somethin related to Pokemon contest or Secret Bases. Its unsure if Super Training will make a return.

Back