• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Underground Dark-Type Collab 2016

Collab Avatar?

• Free choice

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Everyone should have the same

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I agree with Mana on the purple (both look drastically better than brown). :)
    I do think it should be consistent with all of us though. But it might prove to be difficult to have all of us agree on a colour XD

Years
    I'm totally fine going with purple. It's my favorite color. I just thought maybe that other shade of a cooler dark brown might be a good in-between for both brown and purple supporters? But it looks like most of us approve of the purple, so let's go with that. Does it have to be the exact same hue we're all using? For example, I personally like the darker purple a little more. But if I have to use the first one, I'm cool with that, too.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    ideally they should all be the same color.

I'm actually ok with a darker brown than the original as well but whatever you guys agree on is fine with me, I have no strong feelings on it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Or like myself and Lisia mentioned, keep the colour dark and allow different hues. :)

Having the exact same colour doesn't make it a collab, it's the overall theme after all :c. Buttt if people really insist we need a poll for a background colour then I guess I'll put one into this thread soon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Same design but different coloring/backgrounds would work for me. Other collabs works fine when people did that in the past. In fact I can't really think of a collab in which every signature had the same color/background.

That said I dunno if i'll join but if I do I'll take Umbreon.

Years
    I think our best option at this point would be to keep the same CSS design, but allow people to choose what color and such they want for the background.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Same design but different coloring/backgrounds would work for me. Other collabs works fine when people did that in the past. In fact I can't really think of a collab in which every signature had the same color/background.

That said I dunno if i'll join but if I do I'll take Umbreon.
    Charlie Brown claimed Umbreon already.

I haven't done a serious collab since the old VIP collab (which is actually where my Nidoking avatar came from) but if different background colors has worked in the past I see no reason why it can't work here, especially since I can see Bard's point about different colors working better with different Pokemon. Like I said earlier, I have no strong feelings on it, the main draw for me is the actual collab part of this :).

By the way, the purple background you see below is from the "Darkness Prevails Once More" theme, which has an Umbreon mascot, so I think it could be another option for background color - #3a2938

You could just do the black color from the OP - #262525.

Spoiler:

Again, these are all suggestions.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm a fan of allowing slightly different hues, so long as the theme is kept.

While we're at it, someone should make me ready for a Hyhy collab. Anyone up to it?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Tbh I like jd's simple design, it looks clean and should be consistent with everyone.

*Naku's design

currently we are discussing whether we should all have one, single background color for that design, or if people should be able to choose their own color. Get with the times, foxxxie

Personally I'm fine with everyone choosing a color, so long as it's a darker color that preserves the idea of the collab, of course.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    *Naku's design

currently we are discussing whether we should all have one, single background color for that design, or if people should be able to choose their own color. Get with the times, foxxxie

Personally I'm fine with everyone choosing a color, so long as it's a darker color that preserves the idea of the collab, of course.

oops, didn't realize it was yours my bad xD

But yeah, I think the color should be up to the person as long as it works with the Pokemon and is pretty dark.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Smh update the first post. Though without a laptop I'm afraid I won be joining anymore until I get a new cord for it so it's alright.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    So can I change my sig to this yet

Also should we all make our avatars the XY/ORAS battle sprite of our pokemon ?(unless you're a pokemon card)

There's a resource to find it but I'm on mobile so I'll post it later

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    rt rika's sig is so pretty (the right sprite is the animated XY/ORAS sprite)

The Underground Dark-Type Collab 2016

we could do something similar-ish and have the best of both worlds @official art + sprite?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    so are we still doing this :(

oh god why cant we just stick with the css and get it over with srsly, you guys are just as bad as the supporters in deciding what should we go with >.>

Back