• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    it's fine, i don't do it a lot just cuz it's faster to release them then wonder trade 100 pokemon. But you get tons of pokemiles from wonder trading for it's good for you to do it, and other trainers probably don't care too much, if you've wonder traded before, you kinda expect it to be all over the map.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    It was possible to trade eggs in Black 2 and White 2. Why they removed that feature, I don't know. It was great.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    I'm looking for a foreign (non US) Ditto for breeding! Can somebody help?

FC: 2165-5624-7911 and PM me with yours, so I can add you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm looking for a foreign (non US) Ditto for breeding! Can somebody help?

FC: 2165-5624-7911 and PM me with yours, so I can add you.

I can trade you a Ditto from the U.K if you're still looking for one. PM me and let me know!

Years
    I'm thinking of dumping some of my Noibat spoils on Wonder Trade, now that I finally hatched my perfect one. If anyone gets Timid Noibats with an OT of Vash, you're welcome. ;)

Years
    Don't worry, there is a special place in purgatory for those who send away infant pokemon.

J/k
    I'm getting ready launch a butt load of fennekin into the wonder trade.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    It's just bits and pieces of data... don't worry about it.
    Even so, Game Freak made it so that we could bond with those bits and pieces of Data, given that we spend enough time with them, and even for them to have memories of us, as seen with the girl in one town whop checks the pokemon's memories for you. It just made me wonder, because those bits and pieces of data are programmed to have emotions, as seen through that feature and many others. If the memory girl can show me a pokemon's memories and I can learn that "x pokemon rembered x event with x trainer and rememberes it was moved to tears", then I can feel a little guilty about sending a newly hatched piece of data out into a strange world or to a strange trainer who might neglect it, with that piece of data's only memory of me being the first thing it saw and registered as it's mother, as soon as it came out of it's egg. That's gotta be a traumatic experience for that poor piece of data, and regardless of the Pokemon's feelings about it, isn't it natural for trainers who send their Pokemon away to someone else, to wonder how that Pokemon is doing, on occasion?

Last edited:
    Years
    Even so, Game Freak made it so that we could bond with those bits and pieces of Data, given that we spend enough time with them, and even for them to have memories of us, as seen with the girl in one town whop checks the pokemon's memories for you. It just made me wonder, because those bits and pieces of data are programmed to have emotions, as seen through that feature and many others. If the memory girl can show me a pokemon's memories and I can learn that "x pokemon rembered x event with x trainer and rememberes it was moved to tears", then I can feel a little guilty about sending a newly hatched piece of data out into a strange world or to a strange trainer who might neglect it, with that piece of data's only memory of me being the first thing it saw and registered as it's mother, as soon as it came out of it's egg. That's gotta be a traumatic experience for that poor piece of data, and regardless of the Pokemon's feelings about it, isn't it natural for trainers who send their Pokemon away to someone else, to wonder how that Pokemon is doing, on occasion?

Datas just a bunch of 0s and 1s that just have sort of quasi-sentience at best (which means they do not possess feelings). At least that's how I see it, therefore I don't miss anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were you, Mega Missingno, I wouldn't worry too much about these kind of things. ^^" We already have a topic about Wonder Trade by the way, so I'm merging your thread with that.

Merged.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    If I were you, Mega Missingno, I wouldn't worry too much about these kind of things. ^^" We already have a topic about Wonder Trade by the way, so I'm merging your thread with that.

Merged.
    I thought a separate topic was ok, since it wasn't addressing what people got from Wonder trade; but the trainers' thoughts and feelings on abandonment of their Pokemon and vice versa. ): sorry

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I was Wonder Trading away from leftover Pokémon from IV breeding and someone trading me their shiny Magikarp for one of my Pineco! Although, the Magikarp's nickname is "dN-uU-01-073". I have no idea what that means and I'm not bothered at all about his nickname. So, that makes four shiny Magikarps I have now!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

Yer thinking way too hard about this.

...Although I have read stuff before about how the Pokémon world is REALLY messed up when you think about.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    That is why they get boosted XP. They are trying their very best to make their new caretaker happy.... they don't want to be ABANDONED again :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    they didn't, you can still trade eggs, just not through Wonder Trade

Exactly my point. Sure you can trade eggs... if you can find a trainer who a) wants to trade, b) has an egg and c) wants to trade that egg.

In B2 and W2 it was very easy and straightforward. Just pick the egg and have a trade from anyone in the world. Much quicker and easier.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    seen this on facebook, and thought it was a cool idea...anyone else up for it?

The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back