• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    #OperationZubatStorm is just cruel! I hope no one ever gets an idea like this and infects Wonder Trade with a mass of Bidoof. That would be like waking up to coal on Christmas morning.

I wish more people were as generous as the girl who traded me a ZYGARDE the other day. I really hope she liked the Timid / Serene Grace Togepi I gave her.

Yeah, I'm not really into the idea of Operation Zubat Storm either. It's like the Black2/White2 Magnemite Coil, but without a purpose. Fortunately, there's plenty of nice people out there too Wonder Trading nice stuff. I've gotten some Pokemon with good IVs, egg moves, and (Hidden) Abilities from it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I don't get the idea of putting a ton of Zubats on Wonder Trade, either. It's not funny and there is no point in it. It feels like a dickmove.

Reactions: Nah

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
    Years
  • So jealous! Think I'll have to start trying more! {XD}

Well, sorry, I found a CHARMANDER on first attempt at wonder trading. I now have a gengar, a Japanese and English charmander, an Iv bred Froakie, and a Bulbasaur. Oh, and also a pokemon with pokerus and 3 Eevees. (Evil Laugh)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Just started Wonder Trading, got a Japanese Goomy for my Charmander.

Years
  • I always trade off the less than perfect IV'd pokes that I'm breeding. Often with 3-4 IVs of 31. While doing this I got an adamant Magikarp from someone in Japan with perfect IVs. I've now EV trained it and it's pretty beast.

Years
  • Wonder Trade is good. You can get a lot of IDs for the lottery! :) I am going to release some Pokemon that I bred there, now that there are no hacked Pokemon!

Years
  • I'm definitely participating! Already got my box of Zubat ready. I'm not going to be cruel though, I made my Zubat good! They all have 2-4 perfect IVs, an Adamant nature, and Brave Bird. Hopefully the people who receive them take the time to check them before just releasing them!

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • Sadly,there's two types of people on wonder trade: Trolls, who trade bunnelbys and bidoofs, hoping for something good, and naive children who trade away prized team members. Other types of people are rather rare. I really think they should add a feature that you only get stuff within 10 levels of what you traded or something.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Wonder Trade is good. You can get a lot of IDs for the lottery! :) I am going to release some Pokemon that I bred there, now that there are no hacked Pokemon!
    Yeah - at minimum - THIS ^

I did get a 4 IV Fennekin from the Wonder Trade, so it's not all bad. The actual GTS trading burns me more than Wonder Trade ever will. At least on Wonder Trade you know not to expect anything, but when someone puts up a Pokemon for trade on GTS there is no way to validate their claims of nature or IVs :(

Years
  • Traded 4 IV Ralts/Goomy, I got 4 IV'd Pokemon as well, not to mention I also got a 5 IV Impish Super Size Gourgeist, which totally saved me some time to make a physically defensive Gourgeist.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    but when someone puts up a Pokemon for trade on GTS there is no way to validate their claims of nature or IVs :(

That, and everyone's asking for the most ridiculous stuff. Want a Flabebe? Have to trade a Yveltal. Need a Houndour? Gotta cough up a Zapdos. Looking for a starter you don't have? You better have a muthafackin' Hoopa.

I wish they'd do something about that, its been like that since Black/White.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • That, and everyone's asking for the most ridiculous stuff. Want a Flabebe? Have to trade a Yveltal. Need a Houndour? Gotta cough up a Zapdos. Looking for a starter you don't have? You better have a muthafackin' Hoopa.

I agree with this. There should be some sort of system of balanced trades within the GTS. Another thing i'd like to see is for them to make it impossible to ask for unavailable Pokemon. I get so tired of seeing hundreds of Articuno on the GTS, with them wanting Mew/Dialga/Palkia/and so on. Seeing shinies with this same thing saddens me greatly too, cause I love GTS shiny hunting! XD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    Hello, my name is Evan and im new to the forums. I just started getting back into Pokemon last year when a few of my friends started playing it again(I had initially quit after Crystal). And decided to start again. There was no rust so it was like i had never stopped. And now im back playing every day and happy I started again :)

In accordance to this topic when i tried the wonder trade for the first time, it was nothing special. I had put in a Voltorb and got back a Plusle from Japan, so it was meh. I then tried again and i was HOOKED! I had put in a Haunter and got back a Chancey! It doesn't seem like a big deal but considering i hadn't seen one in the game yet made it special. I had done a few more trades before i got a little risky. The first risk i took went like this. I put in a level 32 Kadabra and got back a level 35 Gyarados. This got me thinking. That maybe if i put in a Pokemon that was a high level, that I would get one back that was ALSO high. It took a while for me to try it but eventually I did. I had put my level 58 Aggron in and hoped for the best. What i had gotten back had to have been the most ironic possibility anyone could have imagined. I got a level 1 Aron. LOL! Needless to say i didn't try the wonder trade for a while and when i did the first Pokemon i put in was that very Aron. And the worst part about it had to be that he didn't even give me a nice star.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • That, and everyone's asking for the most ridiculous stuff. Want a Flabebe? Have to trade a Yveltal. Need a Houndour? Gotta cough up a Zapdos. Looking for a starter you don't have? You better have a muthafackin' Hoopa.

I was going to complain about that too... completely absurd. Hopefully I can start trading here and get some Pokemon scratched off the list :)

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    So I was just randomly wonder trading hoping to get a protean Froakie with a decent nature, and lo and behold I actually managed to get one. The only thing that would've made this moment sweeter was if it was shiny as well.

Years
  • i Think the wonder trade is great to be honest, i've gotten quite a few decent pokemon :) Probably a dumb question, but can you not get non Kalos pokemon until you obtain the national dex?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I don't get the idea of putting a ton of Zubats on Wonder Trade, either. It's not funny and there is no point in it. It feels like a dickmove.

I agree, I don't put bad stuff on the wonder trade, and there are a lot of people who put really good stuff on there. I received great pokemon from WT.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • First off, let me apologize for being a little late to this thread, I'm just getting back into using PokeCommunity again. Second, the Wonder Trade is not all that wonderful. It really is a great idea in theory but, nobody is willing to risk anything of real value in the event that they trade one of their beloved Pokemon, and get something from the Route 1 bunch or whatever. The best that I have gotten is Starter Pokemon when really, that isn't that great considering that it's probably just "scrap" from someone breeding for something special. And regarding the whole, Zubat Storm thing, I don't particularly mind it since the Wonder Trade is already kind of flawed. However, I have seen something like Zubat Storm, which is Operation Secret Santa. Which is to catch a bunch of Delibird, give them some nice, special, or rare held items such as Mega Stones and what not, and trade them away on Wonder Trade on Christmas Day.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Usually, it's the Japanese gives those crappy Pokemon like Bunnelby, Pikachu and Flabebe

I mean, come on? Is it hard to give a semi-decent Pokemon? Right now I'm very thankful for that guy who gave me his leftover breed of an Infiltrator Noibat. Unfortunately, I already have one but I really appreciate the sentiment! People like YOU makes wondertrade a wonderful place.

@Austin1395: Don't be so pessimistic! Even though a lot of people gives very crappy Pokemon, there ARE decent people who gives valuable shinies and IV/EV bred leftover Pokemon. You just got to be patient.

Anyways, to reduce these types of people, everyone should start giving off decent Pokemon. It's december anyways. There's more joy to giving than receiving. I'm always so happy if even people give me a low-leveled Ralts since Ralts are very rare not in the Friend Safari. If you feel cheated everytime you go to wonder trade, it's better to at least give for the sake of giving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back