• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Anyone else waiting until after the PokéBank is made public to start Wonder Trading again? I still have a mass amount of Togepi in my PC from using the Masuda Method and I figured I'd hold some of them off until after the PokéBank becomes available. It'll be nice to see some new variety over the Wonder Trade once this happens.

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
    Years
  • Anyone else waiting until after the PokéBank is made public to start Wonder Trading again? I still have a mass amount of Togepi in my PC from using the Masuda Method and I figured I'd hold some of them off until after the PokéBank becomes available. It'll be nice to see some new variety over the Wonder Trade once this happens.

Wonder Trade is going to become a truly crazy roulette once that happens. Just imagine the goodies you'll get when people start breeding off of their old IV-bred, battle-ready favorites from X/Y!

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
    Years
  • I have about 4 boxes full of wonder traded pokemon. I love wondertrade! About half the pokemon I receive are pretty good excess from breeding projects I assume. I would have more but I released a bunch a week ago. I don't tend to keep the ones that were found in journey, like ones that are "met on Route blahblah" if that makes sense. I usually trade away breeding project extras. They'll usually have 3 or 4 IVs, have their hidden ability, have an Egg Move, or have pokerus. Or it'll have a combo of those. Even if I get junk back, it adds up Pokemiles so I still win.

I'm going on a wondertrade spree right now.
    Eevee ---------> Lv1 F Mawile
    Eevee ---------> Lv33 F Pupitar
    Eevee ---------> Lv1 Delibird (jpn)
    Eevee ---------> Lv2 Fletchling
    Charmeleon --> Lv15 Pidgey (spa)
    Charmeleon --> Lv1 Rotom (jpn)
    Charmander --> Lv14 Smeargle
    Charmander --> Lv1 Abra w/HA
    Charmander --> Lv16 Machop
    Charmander --> Lv1 Fletchling
    Charmander --> Lv1 Natu
    Charmander --> Lv1 Growlithe (jpn)
    Charmander --> Lv17 Noibat (jpn)
    Charmander --> Lv1 Froakie (jpn)

^ Not too bad of a go, gonna go check some IVs now and get rid of a few

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I recently put up some extras from a breeding project... and got Yveltal in return! I have X too so it was awesome :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    Actually wonder traded a 4IV charmander for a 5IV Tyrunt with pokerus. Now I spend my time wonder trading hatched pokemon with pokerus. People tend to get happy by that. One guy started bombarding me with "Nices" and O-Powers. Felt good to actually trading away something good.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I'd be ok with anything, really. I just traded a few L10 beedrills that know x-scissor... and got some decent stuff (italian burmy, japanese marill with good egg moves, poliwag, noibat, and hippoptas) at level 1 except for the burmy who is at level 5.

VAHZZ

Reborn
    Years
  • I can't really remember much but i know the best trade i got out of WT is a Jolly DD+Outrage Charmander, been tempted to MM it to get a shiny charmander but firgured i'd just trade it. Still have it lol - might trade it to someone idk.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Funny enough every time I find out I'm trading someone from Japan, I assume that he/she has awesome Pokemon like one with a hidden ability.

And it did happen one time where I gave away an eevee with baby doll eyes and received a frokie with Protean. Best trade I've done.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Funny enough every time I find out I'm trading someone from Japan, I assume that he/she has awesome Pokemon like one with a hidden ability.

And it did happen one time where I gave away an eevee with baby doll eyes and received a frokie with Protean. Best trade I've done.

Same here. Most of the good stuff I've gotten from Wonder Trade is from Japanese players. Thank you Japan!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm a little concerned for Wonder Trade once pokebank comes along. I'm not really convinced they'll manage to stop every hack from getting through.

We might end up with boxes full of mews and start getting annoyed when "yet another" arceus gets wonder traded to us. Not to mention it could be dangerous for our games....

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • I just got my first perfect Pokemon, which was a Swinub. I got two boxes from Wonder Trade, from all those annoying leftover Swinubs, and at one point I got a Gible that had perfect IVs in all stats but attack, from Tennessee. I named it Miley Cyrus. (Even though I can't actually nickname it...)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm about to jump on Wonder Trade as I'm trading away about two boxes full of Pinecos. They have at least two perfect IVs, a few have three and a couple have four. Some of them also have PokeRus. So if you want one, get on Wonder Trade now! :P

Furiosis

Pokemon Noob
    Years
  • Got a Charmander L1, JPN Honedge L1, JPN Hawlucha L1, JPN Froakie L1, JPN Eevee L1, JPN Abra L1, JPN Gourgeist L36, JPN Rotum L38, JPN Golurk L30, Snover L1 w/ Rare Candy named Merry Xmas!, JPN Minccino L30, JPN Dratini L1, Riolu L6, Amoonguss named BadSHROOM L53, JPN Torchic L1, JPN Azumarill L52 with Pokerus... Wonder Traded for about 4 hours... Not a bad haul was giving out mid to high 50s Rock/Dragon PKMN.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    you know, i think it would be kinda fun to trade eggs, be a whole new mystery

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    I trade awat baby rotoms and oncr got a modest nature level 31 frogadier with Protean and Pokerus... Had to wipe my pants after I shat them

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    The woes of Wonder Trade. Do you miss them?

Thanks to my finally taking action to obsessively obtain the shinies I've never had, I've been in a breeding frenzy; and while I have been releasing some of the hatched non-shinies out into the wild to feild for themselves, I've also sent a large number of those hatched babies; whether Eevee or Espurr, out in Wonder Trade, with hopes of them finding good homes with other trainers.
    But am I the only one who gets a little sad when I'm sending those newly hatched newborns out to people? Am I a bad trainer for sending an infant Pokemon who just hatched from its egg and imprinted me as its mother; out to some stranger who might keep it it in a box all day or not even care and release it into the wild? Am i the only one who sometimes worries whether if their Wonder trades Pokemon pals are doing ok, with whoever I sent them to, or if the Pokemon traded ever miss their OT's, in return? I especially worry for the Espurrs I hatched and nicknamed. So many people seem to dislike them and find them creepy (but I think they're adorable), so I worry for their well-being as I'm sending them to other Trainers.

I remember the mail feature in past gen games, and thought it'd be a cute idea to attach a mail to the Pokemon being Wonder Traded, and having it sent back to you, eventually, if whoever got that pokemon sends the mail back with detail of how your Pokemon's been doing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back