• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
  • i threw a pokeball as a laugh at Lugia today..........
    i neve thought it would work....
    but it did XD my first legendary caught with a normal pokeball
    its definitely worthy of a WTF but in a good way XD
    Heh, I caught 11 legendaries in Poké Balls (not only 11, but only 11 on SS). I caught Dialga and Palkia both in the first Poké Balls. Now I'm boasting to my friends that I caught two legendaries in two Poké Balls. XD

Esper-chan

Mmmm... Crunchy! :D
    Years
  • when I caught a Rattata in HG and the pokedex said this:
    "Wherever food is available, it will settle down and produce offspring continuously."

Rattata is a sex addict. FACT.

Oh and when my lv 31 ampharos killed Ho-Oh 8 TIMES thanks to constant criticals!!!! I never get criticals until I don't want them.

I laughed my buttocks off when i read that!
    It's a fail so epic it wins! XD

And today's WTF moment: I'm in the safari zone and a wild Rattata appears, so i decide to see how many rocks i have to throw at it for it to flee...

...50+ rocks later, IT STILL HASN'T FLED!! WHHHHHHHHHHYYYY?!?!

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Alright, this happens to everyone, but since I found a comic about exactly what happened, I will share it with you:

The "WTF" Moment Thread

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    This is my first post-

I had just gotten the item you need to unlock lugia and after spending about an hour in the whirlpool islandsand using about 50 repels, I got to that giant staircase thing where the guy wouldn't let me in when I realized that I had bought HG and the item I had found was rainbow wing- which apparently goes with ho oh and not lugia. At least I get a level 70 lugia.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • I got Suicune down to about 4 HP. I threw around 75 ultra balls at it, and never caught it. It only shook 3 times twice out of the 75 balls thrown. I gave up on catching it until I have something with false swipe and a sleep move.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • in hg i went to go cath kyorge and i got to him and threw like 90 ultra balls and it spinnded at the most once then i was out of ultra balls and decided to throw a poke and cought it wtf

Years
  • I have a couple of them. ><

Well, the first one would be when I was trying to level up my Togepi to help it get more happiness to evolve. Well, I thought it was weak, so I did the whole switch it out for a stronger one to share EXP thing.. Well I just decided to go into the dark cave for the fun of it, and use Togepi anyway. O: Extrasensoried that zubat into non existence. I had a mouth gaping moment. Now.. whenever I am in a forest or a cave.... I have my Togetic out C: I feel bad for enjoying the one hit KO on zubats.. but oh, all those years of having to fight through tons of zubats in caves. TASTE MY WRATH.

Second WTF moment was when I found out.. if you lose to a gym leader.. or anyone else.. or even a pokemon... YOU LOSE MONEY. I did not know this until I went to take on Whitney. Many a face palms happened.

Third WTF moment was when I caught Larvitar on safari zone. o3o My friends were having so much trouble with that one, and I got it on my first try.

Fourth WTF moment (and the biggest) was when I had leveled up all my pokemon to take on the Elite Four. I plowed through everyone, winning, getting EXP, monies, and then I get to Lance. I'm halfway into the battle, feeling great, and as soon as I almost destroyed his third pokemon.... MY THUMB HIT POWER. I hadn't saved the game for like 4 hours either.. I lost over 30 levels. I lost my exp... I had to go through the elite four again D;

Fifth WTF moment was when I was trying to catch Suicune. I did the whole save before reaching legendary thing... WELL. I caught him and then my game had corrupted for a second because I was turning it off so much D; So I had to recatch it AGAIN. This time was easier though because I had some net balls.. x3

I'm sure I will have plenty more as I play through the game. XP

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • I grew up playing the original Pokemon Silver game and I always remember walking around the map for hours on end, and I was never able to see any of the legendary dogs. It is because of this, that it came as a huge surprise to me when I saw Raikou right after releasing it from the Tower. I know it is not much, but after all of the frustration that I went through while playing the original games, this was definitely a WTF moment for me.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I grew up playing the original Pokemon Silver game and I always remember walking around the map for hours on end, and I was never able to see any of the legendary dogs. It is because of this, that it came as a huge surprise to me when I saw Raikou right after releasing it from the Tower. I know it is not much, but after all of the frustration that I went through while playing the original games, this was definitely a WTF moment for me.

i encountered raikou too XD
    i was like: YES!.... damn no masterball >.<"
    i spent 6ours huntin him down& kept chippin away at his health....
    then i got bored& just threw a masterball :cheeky:

Years
  • Today my friend caught a Drowzee, until then I thought my Rattata HG entry was the funniest until he gasped and showed me the SS entry for Drowzee.

"It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier"

WTF IS WITH POKEMON? HORNY RATS? FAT THINGS WITH TRUNKS EATING CHILDRENS DREAM? OMGWTF

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Today my friend caught a Drowzee, until then I thought my Rattata HG entry was the funniest until he gasped and showed me the SS entry for Drowzee.

WTF IS WITH POKEMON? HORNY RATS? FAT THINGS WITH TRUNKS EATING CHILDRENS DREAM? OMGWTF
    Check the HG entry for tentacool... Very nasty...

My WTF moment was when i met Entei just above union cave, near the magnet train crossing.
    The weird thing is, i was on the water! o.O Suicune yes, but Entei walking on water? That can't be right...

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • When i saw that bugsy's first pokemon was a scyther and that thing killed my entire team.

Compared to gold and silver, Whitney was extremely easy to beat, I OHKO'd her with croconaw. I thought her miltank would beat the living daylights out of me.

I Just saw the legendary beasts in the burned tower. I thought, I should train a bit more before i challenge Morty. So I went south, first pokemon I encounter: Entei-.-. So next up after I trained I decided to challenge Morty, His Gengar OHKO'd Nidoqueen and Croconaw. The only pokemon I got left was a doduo.
    I sent out doduo, this is what happened:
    Gengar used hypnosys
    Gengar missed
    Doduo uses pursuit
    Gengar used hypnosys
    Doduo fell asleep
    Doduo woke up
    Doduo used pursuit
    Morty tried to withdraw Gengar
    Doduo used pursuit
    gengar fainted

The haunter he used after i beat his Gengar committed suicide with curse.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Ok, trying to catch Kyogre.
    All the tries except one - Ultra Balls don't work.
    But, then, I lowered its hp, and threw a Net Ball this time (my first ball.)
    1...2...3...*stars*
    "Tee hee! You caught Kyogre!"
    me: What the F***?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    I'm new here, but anyway

I was fighting a Team Rocket's Muk, and I tried to use earthquake on it, and it said "The foe's MUK avoided the attack".....how does a blob of poison avoid an earthquake???

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Lol.

Finding out you have to talk to the Gym Leaders on certain days and times to get their freaking numbers, and then they won't battle you unless it's that certain day...darn, training in SoulSilver is a WTF moment all in itself. There's no convenient VS seeker, nah, you gotta wait for them to CALL you. x(

Oh well, at least I can run around with a cute Larvitar following. :3

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Not really a WTF moment, but my biggest URGHGHGHG moment was when I got Lugia down to one pixel of health. Used Flash until his accuracy couldn't go lower, paralyzed him, and got down to 20 Ultra Balls.

He used Struggle.​

i used same combo lol, but it worked for me& got him in a normal pokeball XD lol guess you gotta be me to beast it lol

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Today my friend caught a Drowzee, until then I thought my Rattata HG entry was the funniest until he gasped and showed me the SS entry for Drowzee.

Drowzee has always creeped me out, ever since the first time I saw it on my Sisters LeafGreen game. This, just made it worse.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I just realized that a Duskull I caught and jokingly named Joker had a Serious nature...lol that counts right?

Why So Serious Duskull? Why So SERIOUS!?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I just realized that a Duskull I caught and jokingly named Joker had a Serious nature...lol that counts right?

Why So Serious Duskull? Why So SERIOUS!?

lmao XD i literally busted out laughin when i ready this XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back