• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I'm not looking at any spoilers. Granted I'll probably read it somewhere through Twitter or something but at least I don't wanna look at anything and spoil it for myself. Unlike some people, it seems, I can wait until it's actually released.

Me too. It's only 11 days.

Although, I won't be playing it when it first comes out (because I don't have a 3ds), so I'll be reading a lot of spoilers.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    If the game has actually been released in Canada, then prepare your forces people. The wrath is coming. Surely the whole pokedex will be revealed anytime now unless nintendo comes out and takes an action.
    Who knows by tomorrow this time we will have all the pokemon. Everything.

Years
    If the game has actually been released in Canada, then prepare your forces people. The wrath is coming. Surely the whole pokedex will be revealed anytime now unless nintendo comes out and takes an action.

Yeah I'd imagine some Canadian peep playing the game would leak the full list of the new Kalos Pokemon on the internet, and that would unfortunately spoil those who wanted to do a blind playthrough on the first run. I know some people here at PC want to do a blind playthrough on the first run, and find out about the new Pokemon by like, just running into them and not looking on the internet beforehand.

And also, there is more information said to be revealed tonight as part of the Pokemon Origins broadcast in Japan.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, let's keep in mind that if the Canada claim is true, it doesn't mean every store in Canada broke the street date. It could have been just one chain of store, or stores in one city, or etc.
    Nah, I think it'll take longer than that, tbh. Especially as event Pokemon won't be known until they're announced in the first place this time, probably.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    The guy also confirmed that every 'old' Pokémon is getting a new cry. I don't know if that means every Gen I/II Pokemon will get updated cries, or every Pokemon from gens I through V.

Pancham confirmed to have Iron Fist ability.

New Pokemon revealed! #114 Espurr. It's also the Pokemon we've seen in the trailer.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    The guy also confirmed that every 'old' Pokémon is getting a new cry. I don't know if that means every Gen I/II Pokemon will get updated cries, or every Pokemon from gens I through V.

Pancham confirmed to have Iron Fist ability.

New Pokemon revealed! #114 Espurr. It's also the Pokemon we've seen in the trailer.
    Spoiler:

Wow so it's not just Pikachu after all! Unlike Pikachu however, I'm just expecting the cries to be similar to the old ones, but maybe tweaked a bit to fit the modern sound technology. Not sure about the more recent generations since they had more sound diversity, namely those from 4th and 5th Gen.

And there is more news expected as part of the Pokemon Origins broadcast, which appears to have started 10 minutes ago.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    Wow so it's not just Pikachu after all! Unlike Pikachu however, I'm just expecting the cries to be similar to the old ones, but maybe tweaked a bit to fit the modern sound technology. Not sure about the more recent generations since they had more sound diversity, namely those from 4th and 5th Gen.

And there is more news expected as part of the Pokemon Origins broadcast, which appears to have started 10 minutes ago.
    I thought Pokemon origin has nothing to do with X and Y? I mean isn't it based on the first pokemon game, i am not sure even GEN 2 pokemon will be there, let alone gen 6th! This is what i have heard and read!

Years
    I thought Pokemon origin has nothing to do with X and Y? I mean isn't it based on the first pokemon game, i am not sure even GEN 2 pokemon will be there, let alone gen 6th! This is what i have heard and read!

I know that the Pokemon Origins specials are based on 1st Gen, but according to Serebii we will be getting some new X/Y information as part of the broadcast:

It has been announced on the official site that during the airing of the special episode, Pokémon The Origin tomorrow, there is to be various bits of Pokémon X & Y information. It's currently unclear what information will be provided, whether or not there will be anything new. We'll provide any and all information that is revealed as it happens so be sure to keep checking back

Years
    That really doesn't surprise me as we've seen how Pikachu will have a cry similar to its anime counterpart, and considering how technology has just evolved over time that its pretty much become possible for Pokémon to have cries similar to that of the anime.

Years
    Alternate ability for Pancham confirmed :
    Spoiler:

I remember when there was that time where Serebii posted that Pangoro gets either Mold Breaker or Iron Fist for abilities, and a screenshot from that leaker on Instagram today showed Pancham with Iron Fist, I guess that means Pangoro will get Mold Breaker after all. Maybe these awesome abilities might make up for Pangoro's crippling weakness to Fairy-types.

Years
    Also news on how horde battles are encountered:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Also news on how horde battles are encountered:
    Spoiler:

Wow so I'm guessing Pokemon in hordes will be very weak at just Level 5, like what this image from the Instagram leaker showing Quilladin battling a group of Scraggy shows:
    Spoiler:

And yeah I was expecting the capture method to be like those in wild double battles in 4th & 5th Gen, you need to knock the others out before catching one.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Which is annoying, imo. Much preferred it in Colosseum/XD when the trainer had the ability to throw an object when there were two targets to choose from. =p

Apparently honey also helps make hordes appear more often, too.

Years
    Wow so I'm guessing Pokemon in hordes will be very weak at just Level 5, like what this image from the Instagram leaker showing Quilladin battling a group of Scraggy shows:
    Spoiler:

And yeah I was expecting the capture method to be like those in wild double battles in 4th & 5th Gen, you need to knock the others out before catching one.

Yup the guy just found some Scraggy as well, all level 5.

Okay that's it everyone, I'm done! After watching this guy stream for some time, I know now I really want to wait and play the game on my own. After this comment, I'll be off the internet until Pokemon X and Y are revealed. I wish everyone the best, and if you don't want to be spoiled like me, take action NOW as leaks will be coming in by the second (literally, he's still streaming). I'll see everyone soon!

Back