• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Young Jedi Knights RP: Jedi Academy

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    OOC: ARG!! I SHALL BRING YOU BACK TO LIFE!!

IC: The bell rang. Nat realized it was lunch. She said goodbye to JB and went to the "cafeteria". She hoped to find her other friends there.

OOC: Sorry the post is short, but I had to make it like that.... as there wasn't much else to say.....

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Jacen dismissed the meditation class after a discussion of Yukiko's vision. Some of the students snickered at her fear of bugs, but she ignored them, following Nat out of the room as quickly as possible.

Since she had already eaten, Yukiko returned to her room. Her clothes were becomming too heavy to bear, so she changed out of them into a pair of loose, tan pants, and a gray tank top. She fastened a utility belt around her waist, and walked out into the hallway. Deciding to spend the rest of the day inside, she wandered the hallways of the sublevels, enjoying the feel of the cool, damp air against her skin. She had tied her long white hair back with some twine earlier, allowing her sharp, pale features to show.

A door down the hallway was her destination. She pushed it open to reveal a room filled with junk, but beyond the piles of unused mechanical whatnots, was her favorite thing in the whole Academy.

Smiling at the sleek, wooden surface that she had so tirelesly polished, she looked down at the white and black keys. Someone at the Academy had informed her that it was an instrument from long ago, something called a "piano." She sat down at the bench, and worked her fingers up and down the keyboard, and closed her eyes as the pitches rose into the air, filling her up.

Her Force sense came alive as she saw colors through her closed eyes. She moved her hands along in a sweet sounding melody, consonant and graceful. Bright, vibrant yellows and oranges played around in her closed eyes.

Just she and the piano...she could play it forever...

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Nat had just entered the Dining Hall when a strange melody reached her overly sensitive ears. She was no longer hungry, and she followed the sounds.

She opened a door to find Yukiko playing an odd instrument. It looked like an ancient piano, but she wasn't sure. She coughed slightly to announce her presence. She only hoped she wasn't interrupting anything.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Yukiko didn't notice anyone entering the room, feeling only a familiar firnedly presence enter the domain of music she had created. Yukiko did not turn to look; she only continued to play, feeling her emotions leaving her body through her fingers, filling the great body of the piano with vibrant life. When she was younger, her parents had told her they could see her soul when she played.

Smiling to herself, she landed on a consonant, powerful chord that rang through the room like magic. She opened her eyes as the sound evaporated, leaving a pleasant aftertaste in the room. Turning around to leave, a smile of satisfaction forming on her lips, she stopped short when she saw Nat there.

"Oh...hello," she said softly, rising from the bench and walking towards her. The toned muscles on her usually hidden arms flexed as she stretched her fingers. Folding her hands behind her back, she looked at Nat cheerfully. "What brings you all the way down here?"

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Teyra sat, alone, outside on the grass, meditating.
    She had recalled that Yukiko said that she would talk to her after class, but she idn't hear from her friend...
    The young girl opened her eyes, revealing her two dark emerald colored orbs, scanning the area.
    Were is Yukiko....?
    Sighing, she closed her eyes again, blocking out the world, in her own little one...
    "It's time." The cloaked man said, raising his lightsaber once more, and brought it down on her as she screamed-
    Teyra's eyes snapped open, and, realized that she was screaming, with twinges of pain everywere.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "I- I heard this music and I felt a strange urge to follow it...." she said. Nat was almost embarassed that she had entered like this.

"Is that, a piano?" she asked, although she already knew it was. "They're really rare nowadays.... Could you teach me to play?" Nat asked quietly. She sat on the bench and placed her fingers on a few of the white keys. When she pushed them, they seemed to tingle with the delight of being played.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "Well...I don't really know myself," Yukiko admitted to Nat, returning with her to the piano. "It's strange, because I know you have to really study it hard to become good at it."

She drew out a simple, flowing melody on the keyboard, and for a moment, her body seemed to slow until nothing existed but her soul. Her eyes were closed, her heart may have stopped for all she knew. All she could feel was music.

"I've never been taught," she told Nat, relinquishing her hand slowly, feeling the pitches she had created evaporate around them. "I can just sit here and play...it's strange..."

She pulled at the bottom hem of her gray tank top, and grinned. Through the ancient stone walls, nocturnal sounds could be heard. Yukiko loved these sounds. She loved the night. In the dull half-light of another one of Yavin's moons, she could see all a,d feel all things. It was so different from the day time. Yukiko wished she could be nocturnal, like the night time creatures of Yavin Four, but she knew it was not possible. Not with all her classes during the day.

"I'm going to head up to the top of the Temple to look at the stars," Yukiko said softly, her eyes distant, whistful. "Want to come?"

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "Sure!" Nat said, looking at the piano again.

The trip to the tower was long and tiring, but it was worth it once they got there, it was worth it. Nat gasped at the sight. It was as if the heavens had opened up and the stars were spilling down on them.

Slowly, her old Asrology courses kicked in. She could see a few of the constellations known to her planet, and some that she had only read about. It was amazing.

She sighed, and realized that Yukiko was still beside her. "It's amazing, isn't it?" she said, drawing on her last thought.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "It is quite amazing," Yukiko agreed, her red eyes large as they tried to capture the beauty of the stars. "On Hoth, the nights were too cold to go out and see the stars. I'm glad I can see them here."

She lay back against the stone. Below them was the Grand Audience Chamber, empty of students for the night. Yukiko smiled, folding her arms behind her head. She took in a deep breath, and let it out slowly.

"Where are you from?" she asked Nat, glancing over at her.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "I'm from a place known as Nimbus. A planet torn by a fruitless war. The war has polluted and corrupted my home so much, that the Academy was the only safe place for me." she said quietly.

Nat was surprised at herself. She only just met this girl. Then again, the war was no secret. But, Nat felt she could trust Yukiko with her life.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Yukiko nodded, her expression solemn, as Nat described her world. She closed her eyes, saddened by the mention of war. Yukiko knew she could never kill another creature. She dreaded war. She dreaded violence. She dreaded hatred.

She was petrified of all these things.

Clearing her mind of the negativity, she looked up into the heavens once more, but was distracted by a voice within the Audience Chamber. Master Skywalker was speaking to someone. She could just make out the words, lying on her stomach, her ears pressed to the glass ceiling of the Chamber.

"...I'm not comfortable sending my students to Nimbus," she heard him say. "Some of the more skilled ones perhaps, but neither side is willing to negotiate. We are not tools to be used to win wars. You must understand that."

Suprised, and hoping Master Skywalker was not alerted to their presences, Yukiko looked back at Nat, her deep red eyes alert and nervous.

"Did you hear...?" she hissed.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "NO!" Nat whispered, her voice fearful. "They can't possibly be thinking about sending students to Nimbus! They'll be killed! Slaughtered!! My planet is a lost cause! No one even knows how the war started, but everyone is involved! You should have seen the precautions we had to take just to get me out!"

She pressed her ears to the floor, hoping to hear more.... Then again, she didn't want to hear. What if her family was dead, what if things were worse! What if the atmosphere had finally depleated itself like everyone on both sides had feared!

The thought of atmosphere brought Nat's hand to her throat. Unbeknowest (sp) to anyone, Nat had a thin layer of a highly advanced substance coating her neck. As she touched it, she felt the rubbery substance and hatred rose in her heart. The war had done this to her. She wanted revenge!

No, no she didn't. Nat wanted peace. She dreamed of peace every night. She dreamt that someday things would be okay. Someday...

She was brought back to reality by the sound of Master Skywalker's voice. She listened intently for his next statement.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "I will have a council with my top students," Master Skywalker said softly, and looked up at the glass ceiling. Yukiko's eyes grew wide. He had known all along that they were there! "If they wish to assist you, I will send a ship out tomorrow night."

He disappeared through some doors by the stage. Yukiko tore her eyes away from the room to look at Nat, feeling apprehensive. She shook her mane of white hair in disbelief. How could he send Jedi to fight a battle that could not be won?

Suddenly, she heard footsteps on the stairs of the Temple. Master Skywalker emerged, his kind smile sending all nervousness away. Behind his eyes, Yukiko could sense something was dreadfully wrong.

"Good evening," he told them both, his voice heavy with burden. "I see you've heard my conversation. Nat, there is something very important that I have to tell you."

He knelt before Nat, a deep concern growing in his blue eyes for what he was about to tell her.

"Do you wish Yukiko to stay, or would you rather I tell you in private?" he asked her, glancing in Yukiko's direction.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Teyra lowered her head, suddenly feeling very dizzy in her head.
    Clutching her head, she felt something near- But what?
    The answers unknown to her, she lay on the grass, looking at the stars, clinging to her head, feeling spasms of pain- Her friends- They- wouldn't come?
    Then again, I'm nobody... She thought, feeling depressed.
    But this wasn't how the girl would feel, normally? What was this influence the poresence had on her?
    The night now swimming before her, she let out a soft cry, and curled herself up into a ball, then her world lost color.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "She can stay," Nat said quietly.

Master Skywalker's eyes were filled with worry. She felt tears forming in her eyes, and her hand strayed to her throat again. Nat knew Master Skywalker's news was going to be far from good, but she knew she could trust Yukiko with anything. It would do her good to ahve a friend.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Master Skywalker drew a breath. He looked at Nat solemnly, ready to spill his news onto her.

"I've been speaking with some people from Nimbus," he told her gently. "Your parents have been captured, and are being held prisoner. I am going to hold a council with the top Jedi here. They've been here for many, many years, and are very exceptional. We'll discuss whether or not to send a ship to retrieve them and bring them and the other captives to safety. It's a risky thing, getting involved in another planet's war, but the Jedi are here to bring peace. I hope we can get your parents back for you."

Yukiko gasped in shock at the news. She couldn't imagine...she didn't want to imagine. Hoth was freezing, and many people died because of it...but war? Not on Hoth... She couldn't even begin to imagine how Nat felt.

"I will let you know our decision tomorrow," Master Skywalker told Nat, putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder. He then left Yukiko and Nat atop the Great Temple.

"Nat..." Yukiko began, not knowing what to say. "I'm...I'm so sorry..."

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I stepped from behind the shadow, something besides halogen glowing my red eyes. "Reguardless of their decision, I think we should go." I said.

OOC: Sorry again for the short posts, but there isn't much I can say here at the moment.

Last edited:

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "I have to go," Nat said quietly, but there was determination in her voice. "If my parents are in danger, I have to go to help. I don't care if I'm not skilled or strong, I know what's going on there and I need to help."

She sunk to the ground, suddenly overwhelmed with sadness. How could this have happened to her parents? Why did it have to be like this? SHe didn't even know how the war began, yet it had taken so much from her. It had taken a normal life, her parents, her home, and more to come, she was sure.

Nat began to sob. She didn't care who saw her cry. She was just too sad.

Back