• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THEMES!!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Hey guys! How often do you change your theme?!

I've been here on PC for 6 years and I believe this is only my 5th theme.. haha :3
    I changed it because I felt I was ready for a change, even though I still like my last theme.. but I was getting a little bored.. >_> Plus people were mistaking me for a man..

And another question.. do you sorta.. get influenced by a person on their theme? Like if they have a really "boyish" looking theme, do you think they they're a boy? Or a pink lighthearted theme and think they're a girl?
    Or a dark theme and think they're a dark, mysterious person?

:3 Tell me what you think!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I change my theme whenever I come up with a new idea.

And yes, I get influenced by themes so much. I mistook Sammyskitty and Akita for girls when I was getting to know them.

I wonder if people are influenced by my themes. People tend to think of me as male for some reason.

Years
    Well I'm hoping to trick some dudes into thinking I'm a girl like I usually was.

Change my theme a lot nowadays, but this one will stay for a while until Hitman Reborn gets better for me.

My themes are usually light-hearted and stuff, like this one but I usually don't go to people by their looks. Rather they're posts.

Years
    I don't change my theme often, rarely at all even. It is because I usually draw my themes and rather like showing them off for a certain degree of time, be it a month, two months or maybe more. Alternatively, if and when I draw something that I like, I contemplate making a theme out of it and replacing the one I've had for a long time.

And yes, I do become quite influenced by the look and feel of somebody's theme, not to determine what gender they are, per se...rather just how the themes people wear determine their taste in aesthetics as well as how they represent certain aspects of their personality. For instance, a female wearing a somewhat masculine theme can tell you that they appear to be a bit of a tomboy, whereas should they change their theme somewhat later to something a little more feminine, you can see another aspect of their personality that radiates that sample of femininity as well to go hand-in-hand with that tomboyish aspect of their personality, it's somewhat intriguing and it can help you learn more about other people.

Incidentally, people notice I use one character for my themes, and that happens to be my persona, they can garner for themselves how this keys into my personality, because while I had a particular viewpoint in mind, it's more fun and rather imaginative to see how people assume myself to be, based on the sort of themes I use alone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I change themes almost every week. I'll be keeping my current signature for a good while though, since I really like those pictures of me. And I've been changing my avatar everyday. XD So whatever floats my boat for the day goes well with me~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't change my theme at all. I came up with the theme I had on my profile when I was in BMGf, and when I got banned, I transferred that theme here. I wasn't inspired by any person in particular while I made my theme; I was inspired by a Yu-Gi-Oh! card (Evil Hero Malicious Edge's color scheme).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hey guys! How often do you change your theme?!

Quite often, maybe once or twice a week?

And another question.. do you sorta.. get influenced by a person on their theme? Like if they have a really "boyish" looking theme, do you think they they're a boy? Or a pink lighthearted theme and think they're a girl?
    Or a dark theme and think they're a dark, mysterious person?

I get influenced by the anime I watch XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I usually keep the same theme for anywhere from a month to two months, then I'll get bored with it and roll out another.

And I don't really make opinions on a person by their theme, because with some members it could change tomorrow :P But I've been told that people have confused me for a girl because of my themes, which almost always feature cute anime girls.

'Zard

Vulpes bicaudata's alternate
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    I rarely change my theme on my other account... Almost never.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I change themes once every two or three months, maybe earlier if I find a very good picture, or later if I really like my theme.
    What I use for my theme depends on the Anime I watch or the manga I read.

I have been mistaken for a boy more than once, because my themes usually feature my favourite (male) characters. Yesterday for example, I got called a "him" twice, because of my Kanda avatar most likely... but I have set my gender as female. =/ I usually base people's gender first the gender they use, then their theme.

(@'Zard: They're talking about avatar and signature, not the skin you use for PC in general. Welcome to the forums,btw.)

'Zard

Vulpes bicaudata's alternate
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    Ha! I beat you to the punch! I'm not really new, either... I'm just using an alternate account.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I change my theme whenever I feel like making more mediocre graphics, which is very often.

And yes, I do usually wonder about someones personality judging by their theme. But not their gender, unless they don't fill out that nifty little thing in the corner that says what it is. Because why guess if you can find out just as easily?

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I do change my themes quite often, I get bored with them easily so when I get an idea and just place it there even if I'm not sure it will work for me. Usually a person, song or something has inspired me into a new theme and when I don't use it, it annoys me somehow. Most of the time it's quite a random spurt of imagination.

Yes looking at another's theme does give me a few ideas as to what I make my theme into, but I tend to not use at as I feel as though I have stolen their idea and use it as my own even if it's a different theme all together. But looking at another's theme I do try to guess the gender of the person (unless already available to see) but I try not too as most people are the complete opposite gender. XD; This has happened to myself also, so I know how they feel when it happens.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    What's funny is that for all of the four years I had been active here on my old account, I had only changed my theme six times (its avatar's filename is avatar35_6.gif). Since making this account a year-and-a-half ago, I've apparently changed it 36 times (avatar's filename is avatar155885_36.gif). XD

I think this is mainly because I have more creative ideas and can actually make a half decent theme on my own instead of relying on mediocre spriting skillz to make a mediocre scene of my trainer standing in a field with a Crobat (this was seriously the longest-lasting avatar I used iirc). I pull theme ideas out of whatever my current videogame addiction may be, in-jokes with other members, or random stuff I find in google image searches that I find absolutely cute and/or awesome. I try to change it every month or so, but sometimes I just get too impatient and jump the gun (this Dasutodasu theme replaced my Ike theme after less than a week, and I replaced my Dr. Facilier theme in less than a day because of a certain fad the spread through PC like a virus. XD)

I'm definitely affected by others' themes, especially on the gender thing. No matter what, I refuse to believe someone using a predominantly pink theme littered with magical girls is a boy and similarly to girls using darker themes with dragons and stuff like that. Then again, I do take advantage of this mind-rapery when making certain themes designed to confuse people about my own gender. XD

Ayselipera

I change my theme around every time I get bored of it, which can be a month to a week. I think I can say I've changed it around more times then I can count. I guess it's sort of easy for me since I never make my own avatar or signature. All my avatar hunting consists of is searching through image websites.

As for your other question, I do at times get influenced by other member's themes. Even when I know if someone is a male or a female on here their avatar can convince me otherwise. I just consider avatars to be like the faces of people here if that makes any sense? D:

Back