• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things anime companies did to make you mad

The_Buddha_Wolf

Buger King Manager (Not really)
Years
  • Is there anything that an anime company did to make you mad? For me it would be Funimation stopping the english dubs of my favorite anime, Sgt. Frog.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I was pretty made when Studio Imagin decided they weren't going to make a third season of Spice & Wolf. I was so irritated by the cliffhanger that I decided to start reading the novels just to see what happened next lol.

Years
  • When 4Kids ruined One Piece. Sanji is sucking on a damn lollipop all the time, there's no blood, and I don't know what the **** a Zolo is.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Toei animation's pacing.

'nuff said. 4/25 rule? Kay here's more text.

Years
  • It's only related to the end product because it lead to the series only getting 13 episodes and 4 OVAs rather than multiple seasons, but when one of the studios behind Kokoro Connect pulled that stupid stunt where they staged fake auditions for people who were actually looking for voice work, that kind of ticked me off.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Incomplete adaptations. Anime only being made to sell manga/novels. Same seiyuu in everything. This recentish trend of splitting cours. The fact there is almost a total lack of creativity in the industry. Opening songs almost always being some generic pop/rock track and not being a song specifically written for the show.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • When 4Kids ruined One Piece. Sanji is sucking on a damn lollipop all the time, there's no blood, and I don't know what the **** a Zolo is.
    If it was with "R" it would sound Japanese.

Hm... Lap stole 2 of mine... cour splitting and incomplete adaptations...
    So I'll just throw Mahou Sensou here.

And... what's the problem with the same seiyuu? :P That's best xD

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • Is there anything that an anime company did to make you mad? For me it would be Funimation stopping the english dubs of my favorite anime, Sgt. Frog.

I used to read the manga in middle school hows the anime sick huh?

Incomplete adaptations. Anime only being made to sell manga/novels. Same seiyuu in everything. This recentish trend of splitting cours. The fact there is almost a total lack of creativity in the industry. Opening songs almost always being some generic pop/rock track and not being a song specifically written for the show.

Well animation is mad expensive sooooo you need buy the merch our no new animation its way cheaper to draw something then to draw and animate it :o you know there is a little lack of creativity but I don't expect every anime to be geared towards me and the ones I do like are solid as hell :D! And In my experience all the openings have something to do with the anime

I guess I am saying since anyone one can pick up a pencil there is a lot of garbage but I just sift through the trash and find the gold :3

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm still kind of sad from Aya Hirano's firing.

She was one of the most talented rising VAs.
    But just because she slept with a few of her band members, she gets written off as promiscuous, unworthy of giving her voice to millions of fans worldwide.
    Sure, it'd be a little disturbing to hear Lucy or Haruhi's voices, knowing that they're "tainted," but that's no reason to end Haruhi or kick Aya out of Kizumonogatari. I mean, there are plenty of married VAs out there.

Usually this doesn't even affect other VAs. Apparently her fans had assumed that she was pure, so they despised her after finding out that she wasn't as pure as she should have been.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Toei animation is full of money grubbers. I mean making the Sailor Moon Crystal BluRay so expensive just to have shoddy animation in the streams is ludacris.

Back