• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • 1) Expanded post-game story - Maybe we have side quests with your friends.

2) Get rid of HMs - because it's irritating that we have to teach a Pokemon something it should inherently know how to do (like swim).

3) Take place in a new region - Why not just skip Kalos? Let's start in a new region that will eventually lead us back to Kalos, but not for a main bulk of the game.

4) New Pokemon - maybe not new starters, but have more new Pokemon for us to catch.

5) Switch default mode of transportation - that way, the people who don't like roller skates don't have to worry about them.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Like with most threads, let me start by apologizing for being a little late here. But, nonetheless, onto some of the things I really want to see, whether it be in Pokemon Z or just in future games in general.

Okay, so, these first two things, are things that I really can't stress enough and that I think have made for great games in the past and that need to be done again.

1) Post games activities:
    And I want a lot of them. After I beat my Pokemon Y and did the Looker Bureau, I have just found myself walking around, trying to think of something to do, and coming up empty and then going onto the Wonder Trade, only to be disappointed and just shut my 3DS off. One of the huge things in Kalos is supposed to be Rhyhorn racing, but, it isn't present in the games. And the extent of Daily and Weekly events that we have are so minimal and dull that they can be accomplished in 15 minutes and you feel like you still haven't done anything yet. I want contests like we had in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I want the PWT back from BW2, although with some major fixes in it. I just want more things to do. I didn't spend 10 months practically "fangirling" over these games only to just set it down and be down with it after I beat the main story. Now, I could continue ranting on this one subject for days but, I have other points, so, moving on.

2) Partner Pokemon:
    This was one of the greatest things about HeartGold and SoulSilver and honestly, it's one of the reasons that they are my favorite games of the series. I know we have Pokemon Amie now to make us bond with our Pokemon better but, there's only so many games I can play, so many times I can pet my Pokemon, so many PokePuffs I can feed them, and only so many dumb faces I can make until I'm fed up with it and I'm pretty sure that my Pokemon is too. I appreciate Amie, don't get me wrong. They put so much more work into it than they get credit for and I absolutely love the in-battle affects of it but, nothing says you have a good relationship with your Pokemon more, than them walking around with you, experiencing everything with you, and just doing everything together. Just something about having my Pokemon follow me around makes me feel closer to them, closer than shoving endless amounts of PokePuffs in their face until they can't eat anymore will ever make me feel.

Okay, as for the rest of these, they aren't as huge of a deal to me, but, I still see as quite important.

3) Rivals:
    What happened to the days when whenever you saw your rival, or heard their theme music, that you just start to cringe and want to beat them, and their Pokemon, to a freaking pulp? Now, I do enjoy what they did with having the idea of this big group of friends travel the region together, I loved it, I did. But, if they were going to do this, then they should have actually been with you. And even still, they could have added another character, that was an actual rival. Someone who is a straight up dick that you just hate the sight of. I like having friends in the game, it makes me feel more immersed into the world of Pokemon, but, I also need someone to hate. Someone that is an actual RIVAL. Not just a friend or two that started their journey at the same time as I did.

4) Legendary Pokemon:
    And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Watch a Pokemon movie and you see a legendary Pokemon ripping through a city, destroying things, sending people running, and stirring up some chaos! Play a game and they're all practically just sitting patiently in a cave. There are a few exceptions, granted, but, I want a legendary to feel like a legendary. I get more interaction with a Snorlax on a bridge than I get from the giant bird of death and destruction and that just isn't right.

5) Previous Player Character Interaction:
    This brings me back to HG/SS and BW2. HG/SS let us battle Red which is something everyone loved. In every game, you bring down a major crime team and become champion of the region...so what happened to these people? I mean at least with BW2, when you go back to the previous player characters home their mother tells you that their off somewhere and she seems all sad about it. I just want to see some of these people again. Make Nate and Rosa sitting in one of the Plazas and you can stop by and make some idle chit chat. Make Blue at the Pokemon Center of the Pokemon League yelling at some Trainer telling him how good he is before walking off saying "smell ya later". Just give me something. I feel like there aren't enough characters in the games that are unique and give you genuine interactions, although I will admit, the NPC's this time around we're a lot funner than before.

6) An "Apprentice":
    They did this in Emerald but, it could have been done better. And like I just said, in every game you take down a major crime team and become Champion. You mean to tell me that there isn't even one person looking up to me that wants to be mentored or something? I just feel like this could be a fun thing to do after the games story.

7) Bigger cities and routes:
    I guess I'm just asking for the regions to be bigger altogether but, my point is, in the anime, every city seems huge and takes days upon days to reach. Yet, every small town or city in the game has 8 people living there and one larger kind of important building. I can beat the game in two days but it takes Ash Ketchum 2 weeks to make it from one town to another? Something went wrong here. Things just need to be bigger. They need to feel like an actual region and not like, some small island I can tour through in a few days and then be bored with.

8) Pokemon Voices:
    Enough playing favorites with the rodents. In the anime and such, they all say their own names. In the games, every Pokemon sounds like a freaking crack fiend acting like a zombie. There isn't much to say on this one. Just make them all say their own name and be done with it.

I could rant for days on what I think GF and Nintendo is doing wrong with the games but, I'll leave it at that for now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    1. An antagonist rival - It's been a while since we've had one of those.

2. More mega evolutions.

3. To be able to ride your pokemon or at least get to walk alongside them again. (Maybe limit to starters and a select few, inb4 building sized gyarados).

4. Take photos with you AND your pokemon.

5. I think starting off in a training school would be pretty cool and different.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I just thought of another thing I would like to see them add for Super Training. How about a bag that doesn't reset all of your stats, but just reduces them all by -5? That way you can fix an oops without doing it ALL over again.

Side-effect of working for Horde EV trainers as well. Found a shiny? Don't worry, you can catch it and not have to train all over again.

Years
  • I just thought of another thing I would like to see them add for Super Training. How about a bag that doesn't reset all of your stats, but just reduces them all by -5? That way you can fix an oops without doing it ALL over again.

Side-effect of working for Horde EV trainers as well. Found a shiny? Don't worry, you can catch it and not have to train all over again.

Use your berry fields bro. There is a berry for each stat that reduces the evs by 10.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    More Megas is the most deadpan, but yeah.
    I'd like to see all the electric types with limber have their abilities changed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Everyone else has already suggested most everything I would like to see.

The only thing they should change is the pokemon your rival chooses. In the earliest games you rival would choose your weakness, but in newer games they choose a pokemon that gives your pokemon the advantage.

For everyone asking to remove the HM's I agree. I think that they should just make the HM's TM's instead, considering that TM's are now infinite. They definitely should not get rid of TM's though, because some pokemon can only learn certain moves by TM.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Everyone else has already suggested most everything I would like to see.

The only thing they should change is the pokemon your rival chooses. In the earliest games you rival would choose your weakness, but in newer games they choose a pokemon that gives your pokemon the advantage.

For everyone asking to remove the HM's I agree. I think that they should just make the HM's TM's instead, considering that TM's are now infinite. They definitely should not get rid of TM's though, because some pokemon can only learn certain moves by TM.

One of your rivals always chooses the starter with the type advantage against yours.

And I agree, HMs should just become TMs so we don't have to go to the Move Deleter all the time.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • The Battle Frontier should make a return. They gave us easy breeding for IVs, egg moves and hidden abilities, now give us something to use those Pokémon other than the Battle Spot. I can't always connect to WiFi and the battle styles offered in the Battle Maison get quite boring after a while. I really enjoyed the Battle Frontier in Emerald, the Dome, Pike and Pyramid where my favorites. Back then I didn't really understand competitive battling too much, so I almost never won. The Battle Frontier in Platinum/HG/SS was pretty good too, I enjoyed the Hall and Arcade quite a lot.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Never put much thought into it. The third games are always just recycled versions of the main set so there is never that big of a difference.

There will be a Move tutor, that's a given. Expanded Battle Facility is a given as its always there.

Hope they bring PWT back and make that the running add in. I'd be ok with Battle Frontier and making PWT a main attraction related to the Frontier or completely seperate, though the Battle Maison kinda has taken part of that from the frontier with having 5 leaders.

The Post games is pretty much going to be the same as well since that always just adds a little bit more than the originals and they never really have anything to offer than the basic catch Pokemon/explore, battle facility, and mini game options.

In all earnest, I don't want a Pokemon Z. I don't want X2 or Y2 either. Give us another monkey wrench and slap another new region to go through with an altered Pokedex to include those that weren't available in the current Pokedex with no new Pokemon so we can keep compatibility with the current gen 6 games and give us two sets of regions and two sets of stories for Generation 6.

Red with Mega Evolutions will be fun to fight, though he should only have Mega Charizard X since Red in the promo movie had Mega Charizard X.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What's it called? I heard/read something about a berry like that, but thought it wiped you out completely like the reset bag.

There's one for each stat:
    Pomeg: HP
    Kelpsey: Attack
    Qualot: Defense
    Hondew: Special Attack
    Grepa: Special Defense
    Tamato: Speed

The only way to get them is via berry mutations (basically plant the correct 2 kinds of berries next to each other, and there's a chance that they'll also have a new berry on them when you got to pick yer berries). The list for what berry combinations create which new berries is here: https://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

And they only reduce EVs by 10 per berry. I've used them myself, so I'm certain of this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What I want is a more precise filter on the GTS. Let us search for nature and abilities. I get annoyed with the GTS when people keeps putting trash pokemons with bad nature and ability, mostly when they have the description in another language you can't read ( Japanese ) .

VAHZZ

Reborn
    Years
  • I just want Mega Typhlosion and to be able to remove my hat..

ohhh, and better rivals like Green/Blue from Pokemon Red.

And just a more extensive story - i felt rushed a bit in some parts of the main story.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • 8) Pokemon Voices:
    Enough playing favorites with the rodents. In the anime and such, they all say their own names. In the games, every Pokemon sounds like a freaking crack fiend acting like a zombie. There isn't much to say on this one. Just make them all say their own name and be done with it.
    Not sure if this is a good idea. Pokemon are supposed to be animals/monsters. A dog's supposed to say woof, not "dog dog, doggy dog".

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not sure if this is a good idea. Pokemon are supposed to be animals/monsters. A dog's supposed to say woof, not "dog dog, doggy dog".

You have to admit though, some of the Pokemon cries/noises/whatever the correct term is could be a bit better.

...I just hope they didn't **** up Zekrom's, and fixed Dialga's.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I agree with zeta, if you're always listening to to pokemons voice instead of the noise they make it might make the game a bit annoying, I go by a littles say that goes like this.. " if ash can, why can't we?" I favor the g/s seriese because there was more to discover after the elite four, by the time I get past them, my pokemon are still far from maxed out level and I wanna fight more elites. Like have an elite four to fight for each region visited so that way you truely become the master of them all.

inb4MewtwoniteZ lololol

Idk, I'm just looking for a more extensive story line and hopefully that extends to the post game. I wouldn't mind some more mega evolutions either tbh.

I think for the mega EVO system, they should have made one for the 3 legendary birds since you find them after the elite four, and also for the starters you get, it made little sense that the professor pushes mega evolution on you but only for the first gen pokemon???

Add me btw 1864-9928-2569

Last edited:

TheNightEon

Night, The Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    I agree with zeta, if you're always listening to to pokemons voice instead of the noise they make it might make the game a bit annoying, I go by a littles say that goes like this.. " if ash can, why can't we?" I favor the g/s seriese because there was more to discover after the elite four, by the time I get past them, my pokemon are still far from maxed out level and I wanna fight more elites. Like have an elite four to fight for each region visited so that way you truely become the master of them all.

I think for the mega EVO system, they should have made one for the 3 legendary birds since you find them after the elite four, and also for the starters you get, it made little sense that the professor pushes mega evolution on you but only for the first gen pokemon???

Add me btw 1864-9928-2569
    Dont forget Blaziken. And I think Nintendo is mostly making mega evolutions for more popular Pokemon, but you never know.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I would like to be able to have a backpack or a fanny pack or at LEAST a cross-body bag like the male character.

I would never go on an adventure with just a shoulder purse. UGH.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd like to see a VS Seeker along with a revamped E4/Gym Leader roster and a bigger batch of Legendaries to catch after beating the main storyline to name a few things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back