• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
  • Also, return Sturdy to how it was in Gen III and Gen IV. I don't know about applications for competitive battling, but in the single player mode, it's just annoying, because it only applies to scenarios where the Pokemon with sturdy didn't have a chance of winning anyway.

I think alot of people would disagree on this. Anyway, making Sturdy similar to the Focus items is more logical. It's descriptions do state "Will guard against one-hit KO." and I think some people have complained about the descriptions contradictory statement in the previous Gens.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    I want to see the blue haired pikachu from my profile pic, do this and the world can end for me :3

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    I think X and Y refers to the buttons on the controller.
    Odd theory, the most accepted one is that they were showing off an additional dimension and will add a Z, not saying you're wrong, maybe Game Freak will surprise us.

Years
  • Things I want in Pokemon Z

- (optional) Every time you start your game from a save, it will say on the bottom "Previously on Pokemon Z" like it did in Fire Red/Leaf Green
    - Better animated Models. Zangoose in particular comes to mind. His Colosseum model looked like he was ready to tear someone's face off.. in X/Y he's just standing there. I also would like it if the "flying" animation for guys like Skarmory was only in use in Sky Battles. Some of those dudes look really dumb.
    - Better Optimization so everything can be 3d. Look, I was promised a 3d experience, I kind of want it.. and not just limited to battles and select sections of the game.
    - DLC Pokemon - Mostly legendaries. Lets be honest, when is the next time they are going to release guys like Darkrai, Keldeo, Meoletta, Shaymin etc .. and how long will we have to wait for that? I don't think just relying on events will do it anymore. There's just too many of them now.
    - A new story centered around Zygarde.. well, that kind of goes without saying.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I was thinking about this more, and I want Hidden Power to have a counterpart that is a physical attack. Hidden Strength? Secret Strength?

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • Not to be the newbie who just joined but has Z been confirmed or at least has anyone seen any evidence there will be a 3rd game? Obviously it would follow suit to the others but it would be very worthwhile! I only just started my Y playthrough so im still in the impressed stage!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not to be the newbie who just joined but has Z been confirmed or at least has anyone seen any evidence there will be a 3rd game? Obviously it would follow suit to the others but it would be very worthwhile! I only just started my Y playthrough so im still in the impressed stage!

There's no confirmation of a Z. It's just that we know that there will be another Gen 6 game (because there's always more than just 2 games a gen), and in all likelyhood it'd be called Z, to fit the theme of X and Y (unless Game Freak pulls a Black2/White2-esque thing or something).

Years
  • Pokémon X is my first DS game, and coming from Emerald, I don't have any complaints.

Perhaps:

- Harder
    - Rival can be more challenging (bring back motherf. gary)
    - More Pokémons are always welcome

Years
  • - A better storyline. After BW, XY's story was really boring. Flare were barely a threat until the very end, and even then their whole plot was wrapped up pretty quickly. I found it to be pretty vague too - Xerneas/Yveltal's role was totally forced and barely explained, and I honestly wasn't really sure what the point of Lysandre's plan was.

- Better post-game. This is a given, but eh.

- Harder gym leaders/elite 4. XY's were pretty easy. Korrina was really the only one I had trouble with and that was because I was stubborn and didn't use Honedge against her. The later leaders need to have more Pokemon (Wulfric should definitely have Mamoswine or something, pure Ice types are way to easy to defeat) as should the elite 4.

- More fleshed-out rivals. Serena/Calem were pretty boring and barely had any personality. The rest of them were annoying and had basically no storyline (Tierno in particularly was just kind of there). I'd like to see Trevor and Tierno take over Sina/Dexio's role (why are they even characters) and I'd like Serena/Calem to have more of a personality. Shauna is okay as she is, but I'd like to battle her when she has her middle starter. Oh, and all of them should be rebattleable post-game.

I'd honestly rather that they did away with third version entirely and just stuck all the fun stuff in the first pair of games. Gimme them Hoenn remakes.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I'd like to see new legends, and can a brother get a Gary oak sighting please? I think incorporating old characters in new storylines would be fantastic.

Gary Oak/Blue should have a part in the Plot of Z, and then be the Official Professor in the next Game. (weather it is a new Gen, or Return to an old place.)

Blue in the games is a Gym Leader, but Gary in the show becomes a professor. Obviously the games and show are different, but Consider the Following:

Instead of doing a 3D remake of a previous game, we go back to Hoenn as a NEW adventure taking place years after the original. What better way to show the passage of Time than to have and Old Favorite Return in a new way?

Blue - Rival, turned Gym Leader, Turned Professor. Just make sure he says, "Smell ya latter!"

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Here are some things that I want to see:

-More post-game content, like a Battle Frontier, Pokestar Studios, and PWT
    -Raichu getting a bigger movepool, with moves like Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Aqua Tail
    -Pangoro getting the elemental punches
    -Slurpuff getting more physical moves
    -Avalugg getting Icicle Crash and maybe Ice Shard

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I'd like to see the VS seeker return, or at the very least the system used in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Just something to re-battle trainers.

Also would like to see some new item randomization where upon the start of the game, there are X amount of TMs in the world and any of them have a chance to be anything (aside from those found from gyms), same with gift items.

Also, allow us to just (or pay and just) change which pokeball a hatched pokemon is in. The old pokeball would be discarded and then you good. Say you have a Rufflet, well they're all male and ditto is genderless so there is no way to get a perfect IV one with a specific ball UNLESS you got so lucky that you're on the line that people will accuse you of cheating.

Next, this one is a big one for me, make the stat reduction (or increase) moves COLOR keyed! It always annoys me when battling and I accidentally skip the text saying which stat is reduced when I can't remember what specific stat a move affects. Was so much easier back in the day to notice "Oh, it was green so I lost defense".

Lastly, let me just have a map of Lumiose! The taxi's are a rip off and it only takes a minute or so to find whatever you're looking for, but that 60 seconds could be done to 5 if I could just have a map.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    I've heard a lot about this Pokemon Z, and there are few indicators that there may just indeed be a Pokemon Z after all. For instance there was Zygarde, a third legendary Pokemon who's appearance was rather mysterious, not to mention that there were three stones found in the cave around Zygarde that belong to three other legendaries from previous generations that are not even yet in the game; Palkia, Dialga, and one other that I can't remember. That either means that there will be another addition to the series or it's for transferring these Pokemon using Poke bank. We shall see.

Oh, and something intersting to consider, the series X and Y both feature legendary Pokemon who's first names start with X and Y and both resemble the letters X and Y in shape. These are the mascots of both games; Yveltal and Xerneas. Of course letters X and Y are the two last letters of the alphabet before Z. Including Z, these are the last three letters of the alphabet. Well, like Yveltal starts with a Y and resembles the shape of the letter Y and like Xerneas starts with an X and resembles the letter X in shape, Zygarde, the third legendary's name starts with a Z and also resembles the letter Z in shape. Something kinda interesting to consider. You do have to wonder what the Pokemon Co. is hinting at with these little.....Idk, I almost wanna call em signs but that sounds too mystical.

But anywyas, if they do go through to make this Pokemon Z as I hope they will, I definitely wanna see more mega evolutions at least. As far as a different story line goes, that I can't expect since it would be an addition to the series (meaning it would have to fit in with the original story line, otherwise it would make it an an entirely different game), as much as I disliked the story line in this game, but what i would like is an add-on to the story line, or rather a continuation of the story line, and an intriguing one at that, (unlike the original story line to this game). Maybe a fantasy themed story line too. And more things to do after finishing the game, like more ways to level up like the Battle Chateau.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2014
    I'd like a second version of Mega Blaziken and maybe a third one, where its attack and speed are even higher and its hair gets even crazier. But to make it more balanced they should make it so it takes 2-3 whole turns for blaziken to do nothing but power up. I'd love to see someone use Mega Mewtwo Y against Mega Blaziken 3.

But really, I'd like to see some overworld weather in Lumiose City. Mega evolutions for under used pokemon would be cool too, but I doubt that would happen. More stuff to do after beating the e4 would be nice.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've heard a lot about this Pokemon Z, and there are few indicators that there may just indeed be a Pokemon Z after all. For instance there was Zygarde, a third legendary Pokemon who's appearance was rather mysterious, not to mention that there were three stones found in the cave around Zygarde that belong to three other legendaries from previous generations that are not even yet in the game; Palkia, Dialga, and one other that I can't remember. That either means that there will be another addition to the series or it's for transferring these Pokemon using Poke bank. We shall see.

Oh, and something intersting to consider, the series X and Y both feature legendary Pokemon who's first names start with X and Y and both resemble the letters X and Y in shape. These are the mascots of both games; Yveltal and Xerneas. Of course letters X and Y are the two last letters of the alphabet before Z. Including Z, these are the last three letters of the alphabet. Well, like Yveltal starts with a Y and resembles the shape of the letter Y and like Xerneas starts with an X and resembles the letter X in shape, Zygarde, the third legendary's name starts with a Z and also resembles the letter Z in shape. Something kinda interesting to consider. You do have to wonder what the Pokemon Co. is hinting at with these little.....Idk, I almost wanna call em signs but that sounds too mystical.

You're right, all the signs are there, but keep in mind, when we say "Pokemon Z", what we mean is "whatever the next Gen 6 games set in the Kalos region will be". It seems like there will be a really strong chance that the next game will be Z, but in Gen 5 I was certain there would be a Gray. So they might just end up surprising us. Keep in mind though, Black and White 2 were collectively more successful than past third versions, so I'm more inclined to think they'll want to capitalize on that success.

Anyway, in Z, I would like to see a bit more of an epic story. The story was decent in X and Y, but it still seemed a bit lacking. They kinda let the story take a back seat to the gameplay, but now that we're acquainted with the new 3D gameplay experience, I'd like to see a more interesting story. Also, I'd like for there to be more interesting interactions in Pokemon Amie.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I'd love to see more trainer customization such as more hairstyles, clothe colouring options and more attire to buy, unlock or win.

I'd also love to see multiple save files.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • I did a theory about what I thought might happen in the next or a future game involving Zygarde and Arceus but its so far out there that it won't even come close to happening. So lets move to a more realistic list of possible additions.

1. More Battle Facilities Post E4
    2. Deeper pool of Pokemon for Friend Safari
    3. A post game island or something, kinda like the three areas in Sinnoh with Pokemon from old generations
    4. An explanation for the three orbs for the Sinnoh legendaries in Zygarde's room
    5. Friend Battles - Ability to battle each one of your friends once a day (Not just Serena or Calem)
    6. More clothes and Hairstyles
    7. More Mega Evolutions

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    all i want is to be able to check IVs in the same location as the damn egg hatches >___> move iv guy into daycare center or something gf plz!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    I'd love to see more trainer customization such as more hairstyles, clothe colouring options and more attire to buy, unlock or win.

I'd also love to see multiple save files.

I second that. For instance, if trainer customization could have the same features as the Mii program has on 3DS where you can customize your features to match a personal picture, that's be pretty cool, and yeah, fore fashion options would be great too. This would not only help a player customize his trainer and his game, but also seperate each trainer from the others in their own unique way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back