• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Um, two Kyurem would kinda defy the fact that legendaries are meant to be rare in the games, which is shown by most legendaries in one game not appearing more than once (actually, I don't even think there was more than one of the same legendary in any game). But yeah, two of the same would ruin the whole legendary thing. :(

Maybe. But i would like the game to incorperate that even tho some pokemon are legendary there are more than one of them( with the execption of mewtwo, arceus , deoxyis maybe the lake guardiens , maybe the ice dragon depending on the story and genosect)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've thought about the theme of Unova as I looked up at the clouds today and realized that the theme of the legendaries are also related to the clouds...as clouds trap heat, discharge electric energy and hold ice particles inside them...plus they are Black white and Grey...
    So Kyurem being the third version mascot and the game being called Grey would match with Unova's cloud/sky theme ;)

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Masuda just said that it's possible that there will be a third game.
    From Bulbanews:
    In an interview with gaming site GameTrailers, Pokémon game developer and director Junichi Masuda spoke about Generation V of Pokémon. Among the many things that came up during the interview was the rumor that Black and White would not a have a third version.
    This rumor came to be after the Spanish site Meristation published an interview with Pokémon designer Mana Ibe in which it was denied that there would be a third version of Pokémon Black and White. Junichi Masuda stated that he did not recall ever saying there would not be another version, and that he was very surprised to hear about the rumor.
    It is unknown why Mana Ibe and Junichi Masuda did not make similar statements. The former was also present during the more recent interview with GameTrailers, but she was not asked about her previous comment.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Masuda just said that it's possible that there will be a third game.
    From Bulbanews:

This is really great news. :DD! I think this is best kept here though, since it just backs up that we should speculate (instead of the poll which is about whether we should in general). I'm glad he didn't back up that there won't be a third game, really, there needs to be a third game!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_downplays_%22No_third_version%22_speculation

Thank you, Junichi Masuda, for bringing us right back to square one.
    Third Game Speculation
    So now the existence of a third version is now neither confirmed or denied, which is much better than before (as in, a few days ago) when it was "possibly" denied. I'm blaming possible mistranslations and the fact that employees tend to have to remain tight-lipped about stuff like this even if it unfortunately means blatantly lying to our faces at first...

Though it's technically still too early to predict, I'm of the likelihood that Gray Version will occur down the line eventually...

*shudders* This is why I hate how rumors make you go back-and-forth and get you worried about stuff you shouldn't be that worried about. >_> In any case, I'm going to push for Pokemon Gray Version for Nintendo 3DS! :D

NatureKeeper

Never, ever believe two random employees from Game Freak. Only believe Satoshi, Official Websites and Masuda. That's how things should go.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hmm, well I haven't played black or white yet, but if there is something distinctly missing from the two games then yes I suppose a third version that improves on the two would be a good idea. Other than that, I don't know. I'm perfectly fine with just two games, honestly.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    *shudders* This is why I hate how rumors make you go back-and-forth and get you worried about stuff you shouldn't be that worried about. >_> In any case, I'm going to push for Pokemon Gray Version for Nintendo 3DS! :D
    I believe they already said that the third game would not be for the 3DS.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    I'm starting to think Rem fell to earth on a meteor, and it's complete form had a giant Arceus-like ring on it's back, with 3 slots, each with a R@m stone in it, and it's power earned it a god status, thus it's main stone being called a God Stone. It befriended the brothers, gifted them each with a stone, (black and White)and together the 3 shaped the Unova region, but when they broke up the bond holding them all together broke, causing the god stone (representing unity) to stop working as the black and white stones each took half of the God stone's power, causing Kyurem to lose power into what it is today, and each brother's idea (ideals and truth) took shape from their hearts and the power of the Stones.

In game 3 TP wants to reunite the stones to Kyu to get themselves a powerful dragon to rule Unova with should the populace need force to release their pokemon.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I haven't heard anything like that...though I have heard they are currently developing Pokemon games for the Wii and 3DS...
    The 3DS can play DS games, if I'm right, so it won't matter if there is a third game and it's for the DS. It could be the first pokemon game to have DS/3DS compatible on the box! :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'm starting to think Rem fell to earth on a meteor, and it's complete form had a giant Arceus-like ring on it's back, with 3 slots, each with a R@m stone in it, and it's power earned it a god status, thus it's main stone being called a God Stone. It befriended the brothers, gifted them each with a stone, (black and White)and together the 3 shaped the Unova region, but when they broke up the bond holding them all together broke, causing the god stone (representing unity) to stop working as the black and white stones each took half of the God stone's power, causing Kyurem to lose power into what it is today, and each brother's idea (ideals and truth) took shape from their hearts and the power of the Stones.

In game 3 TP wants to reunite the stones to Kyu to get themselves a powerful dragon to rule Unova with should the populace need force to release their pokemon.

This actually seems very possible. I love it!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I believe they already said that the third game would not be for the 3DS.

Basically, all we know right now for the future of Pokemon games is that Satoru Iwata has affirmed an upcoming Pokemon game on the 3DS; various projects are in the works for 3DS and Wii regarding the Pokemon franchise; and that the existence of a third game for Generation 5 has not been ruled out (hasn't been confirmed or denied by Game Freak).

Furthermore, there might be a 3D BW-compatible game in development for the Wii, but it is unconfirmed. So the third version could be in development for the DS and/or the 3DS, or it might even be nonexistent at this point.

I'm of the opinion that either Gray Version or the RS remakes are being devised for the 3DS right now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I heard the wii game was confirmed not to be real or something though.

Aaaanyway, the third game will probably be on the 3DS, to improve the graphics. However, on the other hand, since it's the first game for the 3DS from Pokemon, there could be a lot of issues (like those people had with D/P?), so maybe R/S could be pushed to the first 3DS game to "test" the engines etc, making fans think there won't be a third game and it just well, appears randomly - with both better graphics and better gameplay quality. If they pull that off, well... that'll be pretty smart imo.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011

Aaaanyway, the third game will probably be on the 3DS, to improve the graphics. However, on the other hand, since it's the first game for the 3DS from Pokemon, there could be a lot of issues (like those people had with D/P?), so maybe R/S could be pushed to the first 3DS game to "test" the engines etc, making fans think there won't be a third game and it just well, appears randomly - with both better graphics and better gameplay quality. If they pull that off, well... that'll be pretty smart imo.

Now there's a great idea IMO. Although I have no desire to get a 3DS and am stopping with video games at the DS Lite level (for handheld, still love Wii) I think if the 3DS changes to the third game were drastically better then it could really stand apart from the other two. With of course the addition of other new aspects that improve the gameplay and overall story but not in the way Platinum did it. I hated that simply because I thought the story was weak and the Reverse World wasn't that appealing. But that's just me...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Regarding the method you posted, the only thing I have an issue with is Game Freak "testing" the 3DS with the rereleases of Ruby/Sapphire. I wouldn't like their 10-year anniversary remake to suck just because of Game Freak's unfamiliarity with the 3DS console... Gold and Silver, plotline and Battle Frontier aside, got stellar remakes that brought along an enhanced menu interface and additional remake-ish features as well. Fittingly, Ruby and Sapphire should get the same treatment IMO. I wouldn't mind RS remakes coming before Gray Version on the 3DS - I just dislike the possibility of the remakes ending up as Obvious Betas or something... IMO, Game Freak could have done the 3DS testing using BW if they had delayed the release by ~one-1.5 year(s), with some sort of Battle Frontier/Pokethlon filler bridging the anime gap. But it seems that due to the concurrent BW work with HGSS, the release of HGSS was sped up. RS remakes shouldn't have to suffer for the "premature" release of the 3DS and BW... But hey, if RS remakes on 3DS end up being awesome, we'll have nothing to worry about. :)

I'm hoping that Wii game is real...Pokemon's only legacy on the Wii being Pokemon Battle Revolution would be a tragedy. :X

I hated that simply because I thought the story was weak and the Reverse World wasn't that appealing. But that's just me...

I'm not too familiar with Platinum's plotline, but how the heck is the domain of an Eldritch Abomination that defies reality's rules/throws the laws of physics out the window not appealing? :cer_laugh:

Years

Or the third version could be the 3DS tester like how Pt helped test somethings out later seen in HG such as the ability for more pokemon to follow you and better graphics...

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I'm not too familiar with Platinum's plotline, but how the heck is the domain of an Eldritch Abomination that defies reality's rules/throws the laws of physics out the window not appealing? :cer_laugh:

Sorry, I mean't visually appealing. The idea is awesome but I was disappointed with the graphics of it, and really the entire Sinnoh region in Platinum. I'll admit they're really good graphics, but I felt more could be done with Platinum visually to make it stand apart from Diamond and Pearl. That being said, I absolutely love the graphics for Black and White. And I'm hoping they improve the games visually somehow (exceptional 3D graphics?) so the possible third game has another point that differs from the first 3. If that makes any sense.

And of course as I said plot differences and some new characters are a MUST IMO for third games. (The only two things I like from Platinum are Looker and Giratina's Origin Forme)

Years
    Sorry, I mean't visually appealing. The idea is awesome but I was disappointed with the graphics of it, and really the entire Sinnoh region in Platinum. I'll admit they're really good graphics, but I felt more could be done with Platinum visually to make it stand apart from Diamond and Pearl. That being said, I absolutely love the graphics for Black and White. And I'm hoping they improve the games visually somehow (exceptional 3D graphics?) so the possible third game has another point that differs from the first 3. If that makes any sense.

And of course as I said plot differences and some new characters are a MUST IMO for third games. (The only two things I like from Platinum are Looker and Giratina's Origin Forme)
    I felt that this was a result of Pt being a guinea pig for HgSs graphics...it got butchered...
    I want them to add a cool battle sailor for the battle ship of the MBF (Mobile battle frontier) ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back