• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Sorry, I mean't visually appealing. The idea is awesome but I was disappointed with the graphics of it, and really the entire Sinnoh region in Platinum. I'll admit they're really good graphics, but I felt more could be done with Platinum visually to make it stand apart from Diamond and Pearl. That being said, I absolutely love the graphics for Black and White. And I'm hoping they improve the games visually somehow (exceptional 3D graphics?) so the possible third game has another point that differs from the first 3. If that makes any sense.

And of course as I said plot differences and some new characters are a MUST IMO for third games. (The only two things I like from Platinum are Looker and Giratina's Origin Forme)

Oh, gotcha. Well, I haven't experienced the Distortion World for myself, so I can't judge the graphics yet, due to only having screenshots and such right now. It is all up to our individual opinions, anyway.

I felt that this was a result of Pt being a guinea pig for HgSs graphics...it got
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]butchered...[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

That's exactly what I don't want to happen to RS remakes. I'm partially of the opinion that Game Freak should let Gray Version be the 3DS guinea pig. If it's sucky, then it'll fit in fine with its flawed brethren. If it's awesome, not only does Gray fix the missteps of its counterparts, it also becomes an outstanding example for subsequent 3DS games to follow.

I want them to add a cool [S-HIGHLIGHT]battle sailor for the battle ship of the MBF (Mobile battle frontier)[/S-HIGHLIGHT] ;)

We need Battle Frontier back!

This time,
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]Vehicle themed![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

That may not be too Farfetch'd...if we have the Battle Subway overriding the Battle Towers of past games, mobile facilities would be logical extensions, I would presume. :) Battle Ship was the only one I could think of before, though, and I even made a conceptual sprite at one point... >_>

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Would you guys rather the cgear being on the bottom screen all the time or the menu system from hg/ss. And i think the 3rd game should be able to transfer some type of game data to the remakes.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Touch Menu was not for me so I prefer the C-Gear/Poketch. Perhaps the third game will give up an option to toggle between the two.

Since spin-off games are being planned for the 3DS, the third game has to follow suit. Yay! :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm hoping that Wii game is real...Pokemon's only legacy on the Wii being Pokemon Battle Revolution would be a tragedy. :X
    There better be another pokemon game for the wii. I think Nintendo could have released another one based in Sinnoh before announcing gen 5, but no they didn't. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The Home counsel Pokemon games are no longer based on the region though since Stadium II...since Gen III (with XD and Gale of Darkness) on they haven't been based on the main game region...
    Back on topic: I would like a professor or maybe...Cynthia ;) to give you the Sinnoh starters like how you got the Kanto and Hoenn one's in HG :)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The Home counsel Pokemon games are no longer based on the region though since Stadium II...since Gen III (with XD and Gale of Darkness) on they haven't been based on the main game region...
    Back on topic: I would like a professor or maybe...Cynthia ;) to give you the Sinnoh starters like how you got the Kanto and Hoenn one's in HG :)
    In what gray version or the RS remakes?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The third version of course but if they put that in the remakes it would be just as good :D
    I also hope they add another character who plays a role in the plot like looker did in Pt only bigger.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The third version of course but if they put that in the remakes it would be just as good :D
    I also hope they add another character who plays a role in the plot like looker did in Pt only bigger.
    A person who's originally from Hoenn. That would be a great way to link a third version to possibly RS remakes.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    There better be another pokemon game for the wii. I think Nintendo could have released another one based in Sinnoh before announcing gen 5, but no they didn't. :(

I figured that when PiPVoda said "based in Sinnoh", he meant another Wii Pokemon game "based on Generation 4 Pokemon and minor elements". But I don't know...

Having Cynthia handing out Sinnoh starters in the RS remakes would be nice. Glacia could also fit the role, since she's "supposed to" reside in Sinnoh.

A person who's originally from Hoenn. That would be a great way to link a third version to possibly RS remakes.

Do you mean a policeman-based character from Hoenn who visits Unova? I don't know any Hoenn natives fitting that role... Steven might work as he has very strong Pokemon and roams around a lot... :\

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I figured that when PiPVoda said "based in Sinnoh", he meant another Wii Pokemon game "based on Generation 4 Pokemon and minor elements". But I don't know...

Yep, that's what I meant. Too bad it never came to light. Nintendo really could've blown something like that out of the water as long as it wasn't just another BR2...

Do you mean a policeman-based character from Hoenn who visits Unova? I don't know any Hoenn natives fitting that role... Steven might work as he has very strong Pokemon and roams around a lot... :\
    Steven could possibly work, but what I meant was more along the lines of a new character that comes to Unova and says they're from Hoenn. A character somewhat like looker from platinum. So yeah a policeman-based character if that were the only way to incorporate a character from Hoenn into b&w's follow-up.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Yep, that's what I meant. Too bad it never came to light. Nintendo really could've blown something like that out of the water as long as it wasn't just another BR2...

Steven could possibly work, but what I meant was more along the lines of a new character that comes to Unova and says they're from Hoenn. A character somewhat like looker from platinum. So yeah a policeman-based character if that were the only way to incorporate a character from Hoenn into b&w's follow-up.

Very true. I'm hoping the next 3D Pokemon Stadium-esque console game combines mini-games, an RPG mode, and a battle simulator all in one game. Now that would be something. There was something mentioned to be in development for Wii by Satoru Iwata and it was rumored to be similar to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, so I guess time will tell...

As for an Unova visitor from Hoenn in BW's third version, another international policeman might be interesting, as long as he's differentiated enough from Looker's personality.

Come to think of it, why don't the scenario writers expand upon the Pokemon G-Men concept that Lance introduced in the anime?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Very true. I'm hoping the next 3D Pokemon Stadium-esque console game combines mini-games, an RPG mode, and a battle simulator all in one game. Now that would be something. There was something mentioned to be in development for Wii by Satoru Iwata and it was rumored to be similar to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, so I guess time will tell...
    crossing my fingers!

As for an Unova visitor from Hoenn in BW's third version, another international policeman might be interesting, as long as he's differentiated enough from Looker's personality.

Come to think of it, why don't the scenario writers expand upon the Pokemon G-Men concept that Lance introduced in the anime?
    Looker annoyed me so much.

I like the G-Men concept, come to think of it that could really work. Yet there could be some rough patches since G-Men's role could be parallel with Team Plasma's. Plasma wants to liberate pokemon from humans (if I'm right), g-men's, well Lance's goal, is to investigate and arrest those who mistreat pokemon....

I hope there is a pokemon like Rotom that gets new formes but isn't legendary...maybe Zoroark ;)
    Zoroark black and white's Rotom? :D
    Actually I hated Rotom. It was only good to add to your collection, imo.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Adding onto that Hoenn people in Unova idea. Why not start all over again and in the third game, have somebody who comes from a distant land (aka gen 6). instead of hint to past regions, hint to future regions, since by that point there will probably be enough hints as to why there will be R/S remakes in the games anyways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back