• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    N has Reshiram and Zekrom.
    You get Kyurem beforehand to kill them.
    All version exlusive Pokemon on it.
    Chrome/Grey Island perhaps to join Black City and White Forest?
    Harder gym leaders
    Longer plot
    More areas at the end
    EVEN harder elite four rebattles (75-85)

Possibly accessibility to the Hoenn region which would kill two pidgeys with one geodude.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh no they can't. That stops trading items between the games, which is just stupid.

If Kyurem does turn out to be the mascot, chances are they'll need something else to put in the Giant Chasm. (maybe you go there during the main story and find Kyurem, stuff happens, blahdeh blah, aftergame, BOOM, you just found a...) Deoxys, perhaps? Iirc, Deoxys hasn't been catchable outside of an event yet, and it seems a suitable place for him. Also more possible hints to R/S/E remake. Another thing I hope that they do, is reveal Alder's fallen partner. That would be pretty cool. Following Pokemon, obviously, ditch the Musicals, and fix the Wi-fi battling.
    Maybe it would be like Giratina's place in which you have to go there after you beat the E4 and there's a portal there to another realm/ place in which you get the item to change it to it's new forme ^_^

Years
  • I like the idea for the name, "Pokémon Chrome," as well as Kyurem for the cover it. I hope it's in 3D~ I bought this 3DS for Zelda: OoT, but a 3D Pokémon would really tickle my fancy.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • I like the idea for the name, "Pokémon Chrome," as well as Kyurem for the cover it. I hope it's in 3D~ I bought this 3DS for Zelda: OoT, but a 3D Pokémon would really tickle my fancy.

I said it before, a 3ds pokemon game in this generation would'nt be compatible with B/W or any other gen 5 game. we're due two more, gen 3 had five (r/s/e/fr/lg) gen 4 had 5 (d/p/pt/hg/ss) so logically gen 5 will have 5 (b/w/?/?/?)
    and each generation has to be compatible with each other, they can always make gen 6 3ds exclusive.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I said it before, a 3ds pokemon game in this generation would'nt be compatible with B/W or any other gen 5 game. we're due two more, gen 3 had five (r/s/e/fr/lg) gen 4 had 5 (d/p/pt/hg/ss) so logically gen 5 will have 5 (b/w/?/?/?)
    and each generation has to be compatible with each other, they can always make gen 6 3ds exclusive.

We're not due a single thing.

It all comes down to what Nintendo and Game Freak is the best option.
    It's terms of what hardware they can currently take advantage of to create the best Pokémon experience, weighed up against how widespread the customer base of the system is and how many systems that can expect to sell using Pokémon as a marketing tool.

As it stands, Nintendo's publishing support for the DS is almost non-existent now, let alone in a year's time when the next Pokémon game will probably be out.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    To be honest, I've always seen the trio of dragons to be a set of "ages". Reshiram's fire represents the time when such a fire was revered to no end; to me, Reshiram has always been the oldest of the trio, being around since fire was first created. On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Zekrom is the youngest - representing the newness, the flashiness of electricity. I guess I feel backed up slightly by their designs, what with Reshiram looking all majestic and flow-y where Zekrom is sleeker, like it's more streamlined like most future technology. Now, I also always felt like Kyurem was kinda a loner in this regard, coming somewhere in between Reshiram and Zekrom as the Ice Age, where neither fire nor electricity made an impact. I feel like, if there is a third game and it is indeed centered around Kyurem, that I'd actually like to see more references to time and the timeline that these three share.
    Hey guys, time for something we haven't discussed much recently since we need good speculation going on.

How would you feel if a few more towns/cities were added in the third game (not connected to "Grey _____"), and that the third game was set a few years after B/W, allowing the land to expand and actually develop to the top left or so (or even the land building, so it's construction up there, with the construction behind Castelia gone, and being a whole new area you can access - if so, what'd you like to see there?). And if the upper part of Unova expands, what would be featured in those locations? If this occured, how'd you like to see other cities expanded, too?

Also! Would you be more likely to purchase the third game with more of an enhanced region, or more of an enhanced storyline? Since really, there's a high chance they'll concentrate on just one of the two and the other won't have much effort put into it, tbh. And sadly I think it'll be the size of the region. And as what was pointed out was that the storyline is always expanded, but to what extent do you WANT it to be expanded? Wouldn't the experience be more enjoyable if the storyline didn't differ as much pre-e4, but you had a whole lot more to explore with sub storylines?

Idk just some things to think about. :D Since all we ever seem to do here is concentrate on the storyline, the mascot and the game names. Be creative in speculation guys!

I think an expanded landmass would be awesome. 8D; I'm particularly interested in seeing whether or not GameFreak is actually going to fill out the later areas of B/W that felt like they were unfinished, including things like the only dive spot in the game being right outside of Undella or whatever that town's name is. Plus I want to see if there was like actually a point to that one town that no one remembers because absolutely nothing happens there... the one just off of the Village Bridge? You know what I'm talking about? Yeah, I've always wondered why it existed. It feels like GF threw it in just to see what would happen or to fill up space. I hope to no end that this game is really chock-full of effort and that GF doesn't just half-ass things like it did with B/W.

Also I kinda expect something to be done with Great Chasm. Either they're going to be a few years back and show how the Great Chasm was created or Grey will be sometime in the future and it'll be full of something? I don't know. I just have this feeling in my gut that the Great Chasm will have a lot to do with a third version if there is one.

I'd rather have an enhanced region, tbh. The storyline was alright enough - finish the actual region before you release a game, GF! I want to have an enjoyable time trying to explore everything, looking for all of the usual clever quirks in maps and stuff. I enjoy just walking through maps and I'd rather have new places to explore than silly amendments to an already decent storyline. And yes! I'd love it wayyyyyy more if the storyline was expanded post-storyline rather than pre-storyline. The pre-storyline is already good enough to garner attention all the way through the game - don't fix what wasn't broken! :( Besides, the post-storyline is what keeps people playing, not the pre-storyline.

Say the third game will be 'Grey' or something. In Grey, Giant Chasm (assuming Kyurem is the mascot) would probably get a facelift to a new form (much like Kyurem itself) Or something like that.

A new forme for Kyurem would be awesome and I totally do want, especially considering how ugly Kyurem is. :(

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    A new forme for Kyurem would be awesome and I totally do want, especially considering how ugly Kyurem is. :(

For me (no pun intended), I have a bad feeling this will require some sort of item to combine all three dragons together. Kyurem is the hollow corpse of Reshiram and Zekrom's true self, but how will this be executed?

Ugh, I'd hate to have all three take up my party at the same time as one Poke.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I said it before, a 3ds pokemon game in this generation would'nt be compatible with B/W or any other gen 5 game. we're due two more, gen 3 had five (r/s/e/fr/lg) gen 4 had 5 (d/p/pt/hg/ss) so logically gen 5 will have 5 (b/w/?/?/?)

Perhaps it will end up being for this generation Black, White, Grey/Chrome, Ruby Remake, Sapphire Remake, to follow the pattern of FRLG and HGSS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013

Mystery Dungeon was made for GBA and DS at one point. Who's to say this can't be released for DS and 3DS wise guy.

Plus you're theory falls short as gen one and two had 3 each.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i just had a thought.
    what if we are all wrong? kyurem makes sense, but how about Victini?
    it's starring in the movies with the two mascots.
    it's already tied into the story with team plasma in the games. they wanted him for the unlimited energy.
    the newer event one learned reshirams and zekroms fusion moves.
    that and he is HUGE in japan. they even just made a new c-gear skin for him in japan.
    he just seems to have more of a connection with them than kyurem at this point.

Years
  • For me (no pun intended), I have a bad feeling this will require some sort of item to combine all three dragons together. Kyurem is the hollow corpse of Reshiram and Zekrom's true self, but how will this be executed?

Ugh, I'd hate to have all three take up my party at the same time as one Poke.

I kind of like the idea, but how would that work... they're already so strong. If you want them all combined they'd no doubt have to be at least a little stronger. I doubt this will happen.

i just had a thought.
    it's already tied into the story with team plasma in the games. they wanted him for the unlimited energy.
    that and he is HUGE in japan. they even just made a new c-gear skin for him in japan.

There is a possibility... but I still expect Kyurem to be the mascot. Legends are being told about Kyurem in-game and I've not heard of Victini even once, if I recall correctly (I missed out on the event), too.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • i just had a thought.

You make a good argument. However, I have one to counter it. (Debate time! :) ) In Diamond and Pearl, Dialga and Palkia both played their respective roles. Then, you could catch Giratina after getting the National Dex. At the time, Giratina appeared to not have much of a connection to Dialga or Palkia. Yet, it was revealed to have a very significant connection in Platinum. Therefore, it is likely the same will occur with the third game of the 5th generation. Kyurem is like a counterpart to Giratina; they are both obtained post-Elite Four, both are obtained at high levels, and, in the original games of their generations, they both appear to have no real connection to the mascot Pokemon. Also, note that on Bulbapedia, Kyurem is listed to be the third member of the "Tao Trio," after Reshiram and Zekrom (shown on this page). Also, look here, where it states that Reshiram and Zekrom represent yin and yang, whereas Kyurem represents wuji, the absence of yin or yang.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • You make a good argument. However, I have one to counter it. (Debate time! :) ) In Diamond and Pearl, Dialga and Palkia both played their respective roles. Then, you could catch Giratina after getting the National Dex. At the time, Giratina appeared to not have much of a connection to Dialga or Palkia. Yet, it was revealed to have a very significant connection in Platinum. Therefore, it is likely the same will occur with the third game of the 5th generation. Kyurem is like a counterpart to Giratina; they are both obtained post-Elite Four, both are obtained at high levels, and, in the original games of their generations, they both appear to have no real connection to the mascot Pokemon. Also, note that on Bulbapedia, Kyurem is listed to be the third member of the "Tao Trio," after Reshiram and Zekrom (shown on this page).

ah. but in gen II the third mascot was a member of the legendary trio.
    maybe kyurem would have a part in the story, yes, but victini could be the mascot.
    *sigh* wishful thinking.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • ah. but in gen II the third mascot was a member of the legendary trio.
    maybe kyurem would have a part in the story, yes, but victini could be the mascot.
    *sigh* wishful thinking.

It seems since they first started using legendaries as mascots, they have had major roles in the stories. And the whole, catch one of the duo before depending on your version, then the seemingly not connected one after Elite Four, applies to every main-series game since Generation 3. It seems Generation 2, is the oddball, but that was only because Lugia and Ho-Oh, the mascots, were a duo, not a trio. However, Generation 3 onward, the games have been represented by Pokemon that are part of trio. It seems to me that Victini is unlikely because it seems like the "Mew" of Generation 5, similar to Manaphy for Generation 4, Jirachi for Generation 3, Celebi for Generation 2, and Mew for Generation 1.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • dont forget though that gamefreak wanted this gen to break the patterns they established. that would be a very good way to do so.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • dont forget though that gamefreak wanted this game to break the patterns they established. that would be a very good way to do so.

That's a good point, too. However, when you say that, it could just as easily be represented by Genesect, which, though it has not yet been officially revealed, is another event Pokemon, like Victini. And on that subject of breaking patterns, one pattern I do NOT want to see broken is the remake of previous generations. I REALLY hope to see MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire, or whatever they would be called.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • but Genesect has no connections what so ever to Reshiram and Zekrom.
    but as i stated in my above post, Victini does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back