• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • California and Idaho also have the same situation; a large string of ancient volcanic calderas stretch from California upwards towards Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, all of which formed by the very hotspot currently beneath Yellowstone, which is responsible for the geyser activity. The volcanic soil in those areas is one of the main reasons why California is good for growing their crops(very similar to Italy, especially wine) and Idaho for their potatoes... or I like calling them 'taters. #VolcanoNerd4Life.

That reminds me... if I take Pokemon GO with me to Yellowstone, would that increase my chances of running into a Volcanion? 'Cause he has that whole geyser/volcanic hot spring theme going on...

BUT ANYWAYS... I'm thinking that the previously inaccessible parts of the Power Plant will have something to do with changing Volcanion Formes in the new game, if we actually do get Formes. But for exploration in the main part of the game, I'm really hoping that you don't need Volcanion to open up those other doors. I'm only dreaming here.
    I hope that Volcanion pulls a Deoxys, but appears first during the main story as you're travelling to the north of Lumiose (forgot the route number). Perhaps it attacks the player, knocking her/him down only to be saved by Dexio and/or uh I forgot the other one's name. It'll be like a "what just hit me moment?" That was steam, wasn't it?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well Az could look at the flowers and he ends up giving us Eternal Floette, but I wonder if it would evolve.

I still say it is highly possible for more town names to be named after flowers.

Eternal Floette is most likely going to be treated like that certain Pichu from HGSS... :(

What is Kalos' town theme? Kanto has colors
    Johto has flowers
    Hoenn has two word names
    Sinnoh is said to have no theme, but a lot of it's names in english are two word names like Sunnyshore and Twinleaf.
    Unova's is clouds.

It mostly putting two words together (and some with light Latin/French twist), though there are the exceptions like Cyllage and Ambrette.

The Power Plant has more than 5 doors... And the wild Pokemon encounter method in Route 13... Urp... No please, Volcanion! Please leave that place alone, I beg you...

Years
  • Eternal Floette is most likely going to be treated like that certain Pichu from HGSS... :(

It mostly putting two words together (and some with light Latin/French twist), though there are the exceptions like Cyllage and Ambrette.

The Power Plant has more than 5 doors... And the wild Pokemon encounter method in Route 13... Urp... No please, Volcanion! Please leave that place alone, I beg you...
    Well it does hate humans in the anime...so it stands to reason that it might also hate them in game. If so then route 13 will be the best for it... There are those rumors that it caused the blackout in Lumiose too..

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I hope that Volcanion pulls a Deoxys, but appears first during the main story as you're travelling to the north of Lumiose (forgot the route number). Perhaps it attacks the player, knocking her/him down only to be saved by Dexio and/or uh I forgot the other one's name. It'll be like a "what just hit me moment?" That was steam, wasn't it?

Funny you bring up Deoxys; if Volcanion gets more that one Forme to represent each part of the Power Plant, it and Deoxys will be the only two Mythicals that have more than one Alternate Forme.

Also I've been wondering if the strange device that attaches Ash to it will be a special Item, like Hoopa's Prison Bottle, that will affect it, be it alternate Formes, Mega Evolution, or whatever.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well it does hate humans in the anime...so it stands to reason that it might also hate them in game. If so then route 13 will be the best for it... There are those rumors that it caused the blackout in Lumiose too..
    The partial blackout in Lumiose was caused by Team Flare messing with the power plant. You go there during the story because of that.

But if I was to put Volcanion somewhere, that'd be the first place I'd think of to put it.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    According to the ORAS spoilers that involves Volcanion:

Spoiler:
    I don't see Volcanion appearing in that dry land.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hello everyone, there are some things that suggest Kalos and Unova are connected via train.

According to BW and BW2, in Anville Town, the train is being worked on to be used in the future. It is said to be undergoing a lot of testing and can run on any rail. The brown track also breaks off into 2 tracks and continues north.

I have seen some text that says, "Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they run in a far away region." However, I can not find this in the games.

The maps of Kalos and Unova could also mesh together well. This is speculation based on what I have recently seen. You may ask why Unova wasn't in XY if it was in lets just say Z for now. Simply put, they just didn't have time to make Unova 3D. In the pre release pictures, you could tell they really wanted to make Unova like Kalos, but it fell short. The traine being worked on in Anville Town could be what would connect Kalos and Unova, but it just wasn't ready yet at the time of XY. This may explain why Ash had to take a plane instead in the anime.

Kalos was already being worked on when Unova came out. That was basically stated in the game in Castelia City at the Game Freak HQ. We also have a few French people scattered around Unova. Although Kalos has a lot of connection with a good amount of the games, Unova seems to be the prime. This could also be why we haven't gotten many 5th Gen megas at all, when we have gotten Sixth Gen already.

We have an unused train in Kalos and we have a train being worked on in Unova that will be used in the future. Not to mention Kalos and Unova are show similar traits to New York and France. And Kalos and Unova share a lot of history as I have said before.

Yes France and New York are across the ocean from each other, but Masuda did say not to look at the the pokemon world as our own, because it would limit them. Kalos and Unova could be a whole new continent and close together like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are. That would explain why Unova had so many pokemon.
    You could also say it is unlikely because both regions are surrounded by the ocean. However, Undela is a bay, which means it is surrendered by land. Kalos as room south and east. Unova has room north and north east and north west. They could still have South Kalos, but still connect to Unova.

However the routes do not connect as both start with Route 1's so this could be the indicate that all of the above is wrong. This is all just speculation and a ton of hopeful wishing. I am not confirming anything.

My main focus here is the train being worked on in Anville Town that is said to be used in the future. Which I am extremely surprised no one had brought that up, at least not from what I have read. It is also possible all of this has been said before.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the anime Zygarde - well, the cores - are very intelligent. One of the cores tells the other one to cut off contact with humans completely because they disrupt order, but the other core disagrees. It's fascinating that the cores seem to have different personalities/perceptions of things, even though they combine to form one "complete" being. So yeah i can't imagine Zygarde going on a crazy rampage or anything xD i'd love a really complex story in the next game involving the cores and incorporating their different personalities and how they go about restoring order. And maybe Floette is involved? Idk but it's exciting to think about.

I really want the story for the sequel(s) to be of epic proportions to make up for the lacklustre legendary storyline in X and Y :)

Also, in the anime, Puni-chan and Bluni-chan uses the "royal-we" when they talk. This helps as their final form when combined together has a "crown" and it has many hexagons on it's body, symbolizing the "l'hexagone"

Years
  • Hello everyone, there are some things that suggest Kalos and Unova are connected via train.

According to BW and BW2, in Anville Town, the train is being worked on to be used in the future. It is said to be undergoing a lot of testing and can run on any rail. The brown track also breaks off into 2 tracks and continues north.

I have seen some text that says, "Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they run in a far away region." However, I can not find this in the games.

The maps of Kalos and Unova could also mesh together well. This is speculation based on what I have recently seen. You may ask why Unova wasn't in XY if it was in lets just say Z for now. Simply put, they just didn't have time to make Unova 3D. In the pre release pictures, you could tell they really wanted to make Unova like Kalos, but it fell short. The traine being worked on in Anville Town could be what would connect Kalos and Unova, but it just wasn't ready yet at the time of XY. This may explain why Ash had to take a plane instead in the anime.

Kalos was already being worked on when Unova came out. That was basically stated in the game in Castelia City at the Game Freak HQ. We also have a few French people scattered around Unova. Although Kalos has a lot of connection with a good amount of the games, Unova seems to be the prime. This could also be why we haven't gotten many 5th Gen megas at all, when we have gotten Sixth Gen already.

We have an unused train in Kalos and we have a train being worked on in Unova that will be used in the future. Not to mention Kalos and Unova are show similar traits to New York and France. And Kalos and Unova share a lot of history as I have said before.

Yes France and New York are across the ocean from each other, but Masuda did say not to look at the the pokemon world as our own, because it would limit them. Kalos and Unova could be a whole new continent and close together like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are. That would explain why Unova had so many pokemon.
    You could also say it is unlikely because both regions are surrounded by the ocean. However, Undela is a bay, which means it is surrendered by land. Kalos as room south and east. Unova has room north and north east and north west. They could still have South Kalos, but still connect to Unova.

However the routes do not connect as both start with Route 1's so this could be the indicate that all of the above is wrong. This is all just speculation and a ton of hopeful wishing. I am not confirming anything.

My main focus here is the train being worked on in Anville Town that is said to be used in the future. Which I am extremely surprised no one had brought that up, at least not from what I have read. It is also possible all of this has been said before.
    Well XY and B2W2 take place around the same time. So Z will need to take place sometime after (either pull an Emerald or a B2W2 of it's own). Then there's the routes...but perhaps it has to do with their government...

Years
  • Also, in the anime, Puni-chan and Bluni-chan uses the "royal-we" when they talk. This helps as their final form when combined together has a "crown" and it has many hexagons on it's body, symbolizing the "l'hexagone"

That's interesting. I'm guessing the "royal-we" is some sort of Japanese language thing? I wonder if there are 6 cores because of the hexagon thing. I really need them to utilise the cores in the next game at this point, there are so many possibilities for the storyline if they use them :)

Edit: The royal "we", or majestic plural (pluralis majestatis in Latin, literally, "the plural of majesty"), is the use of a plural pronoun to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a sovereign.

Nice.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    It may be the last game before nintendo loses creativity maybe Its gonna be Post-Kalos(After Satoshi's Kalos Journey)like with Alexa

Years
  • That's interesting. I'm guessing the "royal-we" is some sort of Japanese language thing? I wonder if there are 6 cores because of the hexagon thing. I really need them to utilise the cores in the next game at this point, there are so many possibilities for the storyline if they use them :)

Edit: The royal "we", or majestic plural (pluralis majestatis in Latin, literally, "the plural of majesty"), is the use of a plural pronoun to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a sovereign.

Nice.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign

Irc Blue core has been shown to turn into 50 percent in a past episode, so it seems to be only two.

Years
  • Irc Blue core has been shown to turn into 50 percent in a past episode, so it seems to be only two.

I was thinking that, especially because in the anime we've only met two so far, but i've seen others mention the colours on Zygarde's chest and that cores can "communicate with other cores", which was said somewhere official (not sure where though).

Could be that there are 6 cores - one is the 50% core and the other five are 10%, and that's how they combine to make Complete?

Years
  • I was thinking that, especially because in the anime we've only met two so far, but i've seen others mention the colours on Zygarde's chest and that cores can "communicate with other cores", which was said somewhere official (not sure where though).

Could be that there are 6 cores - one is the 50% core and the other five are 10%, and that's how they combine to make Complete?

The cores can communicate with each other, but I see the red and blue on Complete Zygarde being a stronger representation of the cores over it's "mouth". The colors of it's new center might come from other places, or are a representation of the different kinds of energy that Complete Zygarde produces...

Edit: I was just thinking about Corocoro, and how Zygarde's Signature moves have yet to be officially shown off. Perhaps the issue will be about those moves...
    Btw I was reading an article on Human gene editting in the U.K. and it had a picture of a Zygote. I noticed that the cells look like Hexagons, so I guess Zygarde's hexagonal motif is based on it being based on Zygotes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Irc Blue core has been shown to turn into 50 percent in a past episode, so it seems to be only two.

Well, if Yellow was inspired by the anime, why shouldn't "Z" too? Since in the games, we only got 50% form Zygarde, this is reflected on how we only got half of Kalos. If they do intend on having "southern Kalos", and it was based on the anime, then we could see 50% in Terminus cave checking over the northern part of Kalos while we can see another core checking the southern side of Kalos. Then the full Kalos region would be shaped like a Hexagon, exactly fulfilling on the "l'hexagone" concept

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well, if Yellow was inspired by the anime, why shouldn't "Z" too? Since in the games, we only got 50% form Zygarde, this is reflected on how we only got half of Kalos. If they do intend on having "southern Kalos", and it was based on the anime, then we could see 50% in Terminus cave checking over the northern part of Kalos while we can see another core checking the southern side of Kalos. Then the full Kalos region would be shaped like a Hexagon, exactly fulfilling on the "l'hexagone" concept

Great speculation. (:

Hopefully Squishy's following us like the Yellow Pikachu did! (:

They better add Stantler in the Southern Kalos dex, that poor thing hasn't been featured in any regional dex since its debut!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• They better add Stantler in the Southern Kalos dex, that poor thing hasn't been featured in any regional dex since its debut!

I think that, maybe, they should give it some neighbors in its evolutionary line, too, but that's neither here nor there…

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Ehh, I'm not really sold on the Kalos/Unova connection. Most of those Unova references in X/Y are fairly commom; the games have always had a tendency to make references towards the previous Generation. I'm more inclined to believe that Hoenn has a closer connection than Unova though. True, what I just said about references also applies to a Hoenn/Kalos connection... but, the Kalos references in ORAS are much more blatant and closely connected; by "closely" I'm talking about how Aqua, Magma, and Devon Corp studying the Ultimate Weapon to produce/recreate Infinite Energy, AZ planting that huge tree in Sootopolis, and Zinnia knowing a great deal about Kalos' history. The only thing that I remember coming close to involving Unova was that in X/Y, an NPC outright stated that Colress had been in Kalos, possibly studying Mega Evolution. The Reshiram and Zekrom statues at Parfum Palace I think was just a mere reference that doesn't mean anything significant.

@ORAS: That has crossed my mind too... but once they reveal those hidden moves for Zygarde, then the official Sugimori art for the Formes and a game announcement would surely be included, in the same situation of Origin Giratina's and Platinum's reveal. This is going to sound mean, but for once I really hoped that Serebii was wrong in his translation about the news being for the movie. The yearly releases in the US since Platinum have indeed spoiled me. :/

I also hope we get to have "Squishy" follow us in some form or another, I think that would be awesome. And then Game Freak can amplify the feels Up To Eleven by having it no longer be with us on our journey once Complete Zygarde does its thing in the climax. That would honestly make me sad, being separated from your little green buddy after having it with you for most of the game.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ehh, I'm not really sold on the Kalos/Unova connection. Most of those Unova references in X/Y are fairly commom; the games have always had a tendency to make references towards the previous Generation. I'm more inclined to believe that Hoenn has a closer connection than Unova though. True, what I just said about references also applies to a Hoenn/Kalos connection... but, the Kalos references in ORAS are much more blatant and closely connected; by "closely" I'm talking about how Aqua, Magma, and Devon Corp studying the Ultimate Weapon to produce/recreate Infinite Energy, AZ planting that huge tree in Sootopolis, and Zinnia knowing a great deal about Kalos' history. The only thing that I remember coming close to involving Unova was that in X/Y, an NPC outright stated that Colress had been in Kalos, possibly studying Mega Evolution. The Reshiram and Zekrom statues at Parfum Palace I think was just a mere reference that doesn't mean anything significant.

@ORAS: That has crossed my mind too... but once they reveal those hidden moves for Zygarde, then the official Sugimori art for the Formes and a game announcement would surely be included, in the same situation of Origin Giratina's and Platinum's reveal. This is going to sound mean, but for once I really hoped that Serebii was wrong in his translation about the news being for the movie. The yearly releases in the US since Platinum have indeed spoiled me. :/

I also hope we get to have "Squishy" follow us in some form or another, I think that would be awesome. And then Game Freak can amplify the feels Up To Eleven by having it no longer be with us on our journey once Complete Zygarde does its thing in the climax. That would honestly make me sad, being separated from your little green buddy after having it with you for most of the game.
    I'm not sold with the connection too. Particularly the subway thing, it's like saying New York's subway is connected to Tokyo Metro...

The feels, Bliss. Y u do dis... T^T -cries internally-

Years
  • Well, if Yellow was inspired by the anime, why shouldn't "Z" too? Since in the games, we only got 50% form Zygarde, this is reflected on how we only got half of Kalos. If they do intend on having "southern Kalos", and it was based on the anime, then we could see 50% in Terminus cave checking over the northern part of Kalos while we can see another core checking the southern side of Kalos. Then the full Kalos region would be shaped like a Hexagon, exactly fulfilling on the "l'hexagone" concept

I think that the halves are meant for Xerneas and Yvetal. Blue Core for Xerneas or Yvetal and vice versa for Red core. Since Lysander only used one only one half was needed.

Fun fact; Unova's center routes form a Hexagon (6 sided shaped) while Kalos forms a Pentagon (five sided shape). I think this was done on purpose. We might get a few more towns, but I doubt we'll get much more. I don't expect anything larger than the expansion that Unova got.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back