• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those Crystals in the Japanese Logo...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Everyone is focusing on the crystals, but what about the comets?

The comets are not on the English logo either. Here's a crazy theory:

There are two evil teams, unlike Magma and Aqua, they don't interfere with each other, but still compete. Their goals are to draw this comet into Earth's orbit, because there is a legendary waiting inside.( the box art ones) or some great power. but I'm sticking with legends for now.

Anyway, the evil teams( who would at one point have been one team), would have secretly been in kalos during the events of X and Y. After Lysandre fails, they sneak into the ruins and examine the ultimate weapon,they obviously can't bring it with them, but they realize that they can recreate it with materials they have back in their region. They return to their region and begin to have disputes within the organization, as to what they should do. There would be two comets approaching the planet. Each contain the mascot legend. In one version one of the two teams uses their version of the weapon to shoot down one in the comets. The next few years they focus on building the ultimate weapon in secret. Then using the ultimate weapon( or something else( which is probably likely)), they use it's power for their true intentions. your character would be fighting an admin and because of the battle, coordinates are inputed wrong and they shoot the wrong comet. In sun they shoot the one that has the moon legendary, and in moon, they do manage to hit the sun one.

now would be a good time to describe the base. Their version of the ultimate weapon would look nothing like the original one. Using modern technology, they were able to make a telescope that contains the power of the weapon. Maybe using those crystals? The evil team bases would be in an observatory. So the telescope would be big but not like the ultimate weapon.

Now moving on. The evil team leader will reveal that the ultimate weapon originally created Deoxys( like the fan theory). The mutation that it caused on that meteorite was spread when it broke into space. Over time, it created two more powerful legends from the mystic power of a comet. The sun and moon ones.

This beings began to help control the sun and moon, and protect Earth from their comets. However the ultimate weapon was used to attract them to the planet like deoxys. Afterwards, we would learn that the being is approaching some sacred site in the region. You need to get there immediately, as the evil team departs.

For the next bit of time in the game, the comet will be approaching the planet faster and faster.

You see news reports of how the comet is cause destruction through the region. you see a news report of fires in multiple parts of the region( that are blocked off for now), such as the area on the way to the 8th gym. This is where we see the fire department rush to put out the flames, hence the concept art.( more just me wishing.hoping, but you never know) We see people being injured and taken in the ambulances. The region would then call for a hero! As you make your way towards this location, you would also learn that the moon is coming closer to the planet, which throws off the tide system, and water levels begin to rise, with flooding closer to the coast.( cue amazing 3d cutscene showing these effects) You finally make your way to this sacred place.( Maybe a tower or something?) Fighting your way through grunts and admins. You make it to the top, with the other evil team's help. Who would reveal that they almost went forward with their plan, but then the saw the effects of the other team, and realized how wrong they'd be. They come to your aid, knowing only you can save the world, as they help you get to the top and then give you the masterball.

In a non 3d cutscene, you learn more about both the legends, and how the world is doomed if they are taking out of balance. The team that didn't awaken the legendary, will discuss some ancient tale( in a full 3d cutscene) of how ancient tribes did the same thing many years ago. And tell how wrong they were in this. They warn the evil team leader about how dangerous the pokemon they just awoken was.

The evil leader passes it off as false and talks about how they can use to enforce order in the world if they control it, as they can take out anyone at any time with the natural disruptions the pokemon causes. The members of the team that didn't awaken the legend, tell you how it's all up to you now to save them.

As you approach, the comet finally crashes down into the ocean near the tower. The evil team leader looks down as the legendary awakens. ( this is after one last battle with them, before it rises up from the ocean) The leader calls the legend, and talks about how powerful they could be together. The legend rejects them and with one strong attack, knocks the leader out and sends them across the floor. You then engage it in battle.

This came out really long, but the plot just flowed to me as I pondered over the comets.

Probably won't happen, but thoughts?
    Wouldn't there also be more earthquakes if the moon ends up drawing near? The moon's gravity will intensify to a point where even the solid parts of the planet will start to be drawn to it...

The plot you outlined also reminds me of that of Delta Episode with the meteor, as well as
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Wouldn't there also be more earthquakes if the moon ends up drawing near? The moon's gravity will intensify to a point where even the solid parts of the planet will start to be drawn to it...

The plot you outlined also reminds me of that of Delta Episode with the meteor, as well as
    Spoiler:

True, I'm not the best at science, so I forgot this.

And it is similar to those, I tried to make it different though.

That's what intrigues me about the plot. So many of the most obvious ways to do it, would be to similar to hoenn's, so I do wonder what they will do in the end.

Zet

Years
    So acting like it's been confirmed. And like I said previously, Hoenn had a city not based on Kyushu. The region could be Singapore or Puerto Rico. Anyways, what would a Fennec Fox be doing in France? What would a would Chinchilla be doing in NY? You have not seen enough sci-fi in regards to Magearna in 'Hawaii'. Also, keep in mind that Mewtwo had different creators on the anime then he did in the games.
    Azoth has been confirmed to be in Kalos.

Years
    If the moon gets too close to the Earth the Earth's gravity would tear the moon to pieces and then rocks fall, everyone dies.

But the idea of box art Legendaries being inside comets isn't bad, though I wonder if it would be too similar to Kyurem and Deoxys.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Another thought, what if the crystals are key to summoning the legends?

Like reshiriam and Zekrom's stone.

What if early on we end up finding one crystal( the mascot's of the version your playing), and the evil team finds the other. They use to take control of the other legend and it crashes down in some mystical comet?

Then your crystal reacts to this and calls down the legend of your version to fight alongside you?

Zet

Years
    You know, on GS, Skarmory, Houndour and Slugma could
    only be found in Kanto. And things are not always the same on Video games
    I never said it couldn't be found there. I asked what would it have to do with the region and affect it. You also never answered my question about it being a moon rabbit. You also deliberately avoided my comment about Azoth being in Kalos and said something unrelated when quoting it.

Years
    Another thought, what if the crystals are key to summoning the legends?

Like reshiriam and Zekrom's stone.

What if early on we end up finding one crystal( the mascot's of the version your playing), and the evil team finds the other. They use to take control of the other legend and it crashes down in some mystical comet?

Then your crystal reacts to this and calls down the legend of your version to fight alongside you?
    Maybe within the moon slumbers the mascot of Moon, same with Sun except it lives in the sun. The crystals could send out a signal to call upon them, causing them to first come in the form of comets. Irc Solrock is said to come from the Sun, so comets coming from the Pokésun isn't odd.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Maybe within the moon slumbers the mascot of Moon, same with Sun except it lives in the sun. The crystals could send out a signal to call upon them, causing them to first come in the form of comets. Irc Solrock is said to come from the Sun, so comets coming from the Pokésun isn't odd.

That be a pretty cool way to do it. It mixes up the whole a pokemon comes from space, while still staying in tact with a cosmos theme. I could see this happen, it be pretty nice.

Years
    I never said it couldn't be found there. I asked what would it have to do with the region and affect it. You also never answered my question about it being a moon rabbit.
    Oh, that. Well you don't see what I'm saying. If Azoth kingdom will be in the games, then that won't mean that she isn't part of Gen 7. And Magearna would effect the so called Hawaii region the same way that a Fennec Fox be doing in Kalos. And the Moon rabbit is a mythical creature that Magearna is likely to be based on. Look it up.
    You also deliberately avoided my comment about Azoth being in Kalos and said something unrelated when quoting it.
    I didn't. Lol. I acknowledged that since Mewtwo had different creators and island of birth, same thing could happen to Magearna. And besides, you catch Lugia in HG in Kanto.

Zet

Years
    I didn't. Lol. I acknowledged that since Mewtwo had different creators and island of birth, same thing could happen to Magearna. And besides, you catch Lugia in HG in Kanto.
    Well with more theories coming out. I could have been wrong, and I apologise for my rude behaviour. Azoth could be in the southern part of Kalos(which we could not explore) where the new region is located with the Hawaiian based theme. It is also likely where Volcanion is most likely to be found and is worshipped as a God there iirc from vague game text.

Years
    Well with more theories coming out. I could have been wrong, and I apologise for my rude behaviour. Azoth could be in the southern part of Kalos(which we could not explore) where the new region is located with the Hawaiian based theme. It is also likely where Volcanion is most likely to be found and is worshipped as a God there iirc from vague game text.

I have a new theory but it would be off topic. Speaking of which, I do think that those shards might mean the Shard guy from HGSS ;)

Years
    Lugia is in Kanto in Hg? Don't you mean Suicune?

Anyways, perhaps those crystals are relics that can grant their holder powers of the legendary.

Years
    Lugia is in Kanto in Hg? Don't you mean Suicune?

Anyways, perhaps those crystals are relics that can grant their holder powers of the legendary.

What he's saying is that the version mascots in the Johto games can actually both be caught, and the one that didn't appear on the box of your game was catchable postgame in Kanto.

But I do like your theory about the crystals likely giving benefits to the trainer. I'd love to see how that would play out, given the protagonist tends to get recognized a lot by the mascot legendary (such as Reshiram/Zekrom recognizing you as the one to battle N, or Xerneas/Yveltal telepathically asking you to help it) so it would be nice to step it up a bit.

Years
    What he's saying is that the version mascots in the Johto games can actually both be caught, and the one that didn't appear on the box of your game was catchable postgame in Kanto.

But I do like your theory about the crystals likely giving benefits to the trainer. I'd love to see how that would play out, given the protagonist tends to get recognized a lot by the mascot legendary (such as Reshiram/Zekrom recognizing you as the one to battle N, or Xerneas/Yveltal telepathically asking you to help it) so it would be nice to step it up a bit.
    No, they're both caught in Johto. Only Suicune can be caught in Kanto... Maybe the crystals will shatter at the end after they lose their power, revealing Mega Stones.

Years
    No, they're both caught in Johto. Only Suicune can be caught in Kanto... Maybe the crystals will shatter at the end after they lose their power, revealing Mega Stones.

I tend to forget that. I has been a while since I played my Soul Silver hehehe

But I do agree that the crystals could contain potential Mega Stones, or maybe another kind of item that changes forms in the case that the mascots don't get Megas.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I'm pretty sure they are significant in a way but, right now, it's really hard to tell. They has some really basic design (unlike Mega Evolution's DNA design) that they could literally be anything.

inb4 Lunatonite and Solrite)

Years
    I'm pretty sure they are significant in a way but, right now, it's really hard to tell. They has some really basic design (unlike Mega Evolution's DNA design) that they could literally be anything.

inb4 Lunatonite and Solrite)
    Think we will get another case in Sun and Moon like that of Manectric and Houndoom and their Megas stones in XY? So Mega Stones in the other versions, but Solrock in Sun, and Lunatone in Moon?

Hmm, maybe the legendaries will pull a Diancie, being mutated Solrock and Lunatone...or the ones who made those Pokémon ala Regigigas.

Years
    Think we will get another case in Sun and Moon like that of Manectric and Houndoom and their Megas stones in XY?

I feel like that version exclusive Megas was a bit of a bad idea, considering it'd make some not be able to use a certain Mega solely because they had to link up with the other version just to even get the darn Mega Stone. It was likely this mistake that led to Mega Stones being available in both games in OR/AS.

Years
    I feel like that version exclusive Megas was a bit of a bad idea, considering it'd make some not be able to use a certain Mega solely because they had to link up with the other version just to even get the darn Mega Stone. It was likely this mistake that led to Mega Stones being available in both games in OR/AS.
    Yeah, I hated it. I'm glad that it was changed for the remakes, and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Back