• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those Crystals in the Japanese Logo...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I also remember from their video that CandyEvie mentioned she didn't want more overcomplicated designs. Given the return-to-simplicity approach that seems to be what Game Freak are going for, I'm likely expecting mostly legendaries to be the only "complex" designs. Magearna at least looks not too overdesigned so I'll give that one a pass.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the mechanics, not the Pokémon designs. We'll still see complex Mega Evolutions, and we'll have to wait until April 3rd to find out if those crystals are related to them.

Yuutsa

Regretting life, one step at a time
    Years
    Frankly, I think if we have a fusion-like feature at all right after the generation that introduces Mega-evolution is just starting to over complicate things from a game-play standpoint.
    Is it possible, however, that we won't even have two legendaries, but rather one that is vastly different in someway depending on which crystal it is given? (So it would look/act different based on the game, but still be the same pokemon)

Years
    I had to share this theory video because it relates to the topic:
    Spoiler:

YouTubers HybridHero and Pokenite discuss on why they think the crystals aren't Burst Hearts, but why they think it'll be something else entirely.

They do mention that the crystals could be part of the legendary mascots' bodies, similar to what we had with Dialga and Palkia having what is essentially the Prism Sphere and Pale Sphere (although it can also reference the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs) as part of their bodies, on Dialga's chest and Palkia's shoulders respectively. Given this year is the tenth anniversary of Diamond & Pearl, it would be a nice shoutout.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I had to share this theory video because it relates to the topic:
    Spoiler:

YouTubers HybridHero and Pokenite discuss on why they think the crystals aren't Burst Hearts, but why they think it'll be something else entirely.

They do mention that the crystals could be part of the legendary mascots' bodies, similar to what we had with Dialga and Palkia having what is essentially the Prism Sphere and Pale Sphere (although it can also reference the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs) as part of their bodies, on Dialga's chest and Palkia's shoulders respectively. Given this year is the tenth anniversary of Diamond & Pearl, it would be a nice shoutout.
    So the Sun mascot will have a silver crystal, and Moon's will have the gold one, huh? It'll be like the triangles on the Latis being the other's color.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I found a theory of how this game continues norse Mythology.
    https://imgur.com/a/oGL5c

It makes a lot of sense, and I could see the crystals play a role in the legends designs. It be like how the legends have slight control over megas that were hinted in XY's logos, but for the legend.

Years
    So this implies that the new region might be on the opposite side of where Kalos is? The mythology seems to now make sense after looking at that pic.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I found a theory of how this game continues norse Mythology.
    https://imgur.com/a/oGL5c

It makes a lot of sense, and I could see the crystals play a role in the legends designs. It be like how the legends have slight control over megas that were hinted in XY's logos, but for the legend.

I think the legends of S/M might be linked to Mega Evolution, maybe even their source (or two of multiple sources). We were led to believe that Zygarde was the one linked to Megas, but we also expected it to have it's own game, so it might all be a big red herring (or green snake xD), unless if it's cores are the mascots...

I kind of agree with SirBoglor. The crystals likely play some role in formes or something close. It's also possible that the crystals are the Mega stone/ important item of the opposite mascot, and need to be traded over...

Years
    The crystals being items you may have to trade over? Now that may seem like a tactic from Game Freak to make you want to get both versions.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
    The crystals being items you may have to trade over? Now that may seem like a tactic from Game Freak to make you want to get both versions.

Or a tactic that makes you want to make friends with someone who has the other version. I'm not a fan of either of those strategies, really. Consider this, though. In ORAS, and even Ruby/Sapphire, the point of the orb was to block the other legendary's power. The Blue Orb supressed Groudon, and the Red Orb supressed Kyogre. This could be a concept that is used similarly for Sun/Moon.

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Okay, I just thought of something. What if these crystals could actually somehow be used in conjunction with Mega Stones? You could use them to charge a mega stone with either Light/Solar or Dark/Lunar energy to achieve Light and Dark mega forms.

Okay, the evidence for this theory is a bit shaky, but here goes.

I'm thinking that the Mega Charizard X and Y split could actually be a preview of this principle, with Charizardite X and Y just being two instances of the same mineral after being charged with two different types of energy. That sounds pretty improbable, but just compare the two designs and hear me out.

Notice the differences between the two designs. Charizard Y has a gallant, confident pose and retains his original, bright color scheme and orange fire (you know, same color as the Sun) along with having wrist blades that are actually kind of like those possessed by Gallade.

Charizard X, on the other hand, has a much more menacing posture, with its hands half-clenched, its eyes red with anger and supernatural fire billowing out of its mouth as though it can barely even contain its rage within its body. It has a black and blue color scheme (the two colors most often associated with night) and a ton of spikes on its body.

It's possible that in Sun and Moon you'll be able to choose which mega form you want, whenever you want, by charging it with the sun or moon stone. Or maybe you'll only get the sun OR moon stone depending on which game you buy, and you'll be able to trade your charged Mega Stones back and forth.

Another quite arbitrary reason is the leaked Mega Milotic in Tyranitartube's Alpha Sapphire randomizer playthrough, which I'm...about 75% sure is legit but I haven't actually managed to find anything that positively confirms or debunks it.

Either way, two things about it:

1) I'm pretty hopeful that Sun and Moon will introduce Mega Milotic since it's supposedly going to take place in Hawaii, which is full of all kinds of colorful tropical fish in real life, and Milotic is one of the more popular fish Pokémon.

2) Something about this design just strikes me as not very...Milotic. I mean, making it red, giving it horns and all sorts of weird black and white markings...more like Darth MAULotic, amirite? it just doesn't seem like something that a Pokémon that stops wars just by sticking its face in your field of view would turn into. ...You know, unless it was somehow charged with a great deal of dark energy from the moon or something crazy like that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Okay, I just thought of something. What if these crystals could actually somehow be used in conjunction with Mega Stones? You could use them to charge a mega stone with either Light/Solar or Dark/Lunar energy to achieve Light and Dark mega forms.

I'm thinking that the Mega Charizard X and Y split could actually be a preview of this principle, with Charizardite X and Y just being two instances of the same mineral after being charged with two different types of energy. That sounds pretty improbable, but just compare the two designs and hear me out.

Notice the differences between the two designs. Charizard Y has a gallant, confident pose and retains his original, bright color scheme and orange fire (you know, same color as the Sun) along with having wrist blades that are actually kind of like those possessed by Gallade.

Charizard X, on the other hand, has a much more menacing posture, with its hands half-clenched, its eyes red with anger and supernatural fire billowing out of its mouth as though it can barely even contain its rage within its body. It has a black and blue color scheme (the two colors most often associated with night) and a ton of spikes on its body.

It's possible that in Sun and Moon you'll be able to choose which mega form you want, whenever you want, by charging it with the sun or moon stone. Or maybe you'll only get the sun OR moon stone depending on which game you buy, and you'll be able to trade your charged Mega Stones back and forth.

Another quite arbitrary reason is the leaked Mega Milotic in Tyranitartube's Alpha Sapphire randomizer playthrough, which I'm...about 75% sure is legit but I haven't actually managed to find anything that positively confirms or debunks it.

1) I'm pretty hopeful that Sun and Moon will introduce Mega Milotic since it's supposedly going to take place in Hawaii, which is full of all kinds of colorful tropical fish in real life, and Milotic is one of the more popular fish Pokémon.

2) Something about this design just strikes me as not very...Milotic. I mean, making it red, giving it horns and all sorts of weird black and white markings...more like Darth MAULotic, amirite? it just doesn't seem like something that a Pokémon that stops wars just by sticking its face in your field of view would turn into. ...You know, unless it was somehow charged with a great deal of dark energy from the moon or something crazy like that.

I really don't think that's real. The extreme randomizer thing has fan made material in it. Like a lot of fan made material. I mean, the youtube video has a Shadow Lugia which does not exist in any canon game. If Milotic had a Mega in the original games it would have been discovered when the games were cracked just as they discovered the Lati megas and Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion. They altered Wallace's appearence and reprogrammed the ending. Its pretty much fake since it's so heavily altered by fans.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

I have this theory about Charizard's mega stone.
    I think , Originally Charizard and Mewtwo had one mega stone But somehow their mega stone split causing One Mega stone contain the pokemon's physical power (X) while other one contain a pokemon's special power (Y)
    However , There is a way to combine their mega stone into one therefore creating an ultimate Charizard and Ultimate Mewtwo .
    Ultimate Mewtwo gain multiversal power while Ultimate Charizard gain power to create star.
    However , It can be possible after player wins the pokemon league and goes to Kalos for a Side-quest.
    Ultimate Charizard will gain Megazard X color and cheek-flame alone with Megazard Y wings.
    It will look bigger and have more bulkier Chest and Torso .
    Basically he will look like While Kyurem.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Actually it has been speculated that the crystals in the Japanese Title of Pokemon Sun & Moon are objects known as "Bursts" exclusive to the Pokemon Manga "Pokemon RéBURST" which involves humans and Pokemon Fusing O.o [This Theory has been discussed at TyranitarTube's channel, if you are interested go check it out]

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Oops, Sorry but those objects aren't Bursts the objects are Burst Hearts which enables the user to fuse with a Pokemon that fusion process is known as a Burst. :3c

Last edited:
    Back