• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those Crystals in the Japanese Logo...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So, the ン in the Japanese X & Y logos has a symbol in it--at the time X & Y were revealed, we didn't really know what it was. Today we know it to be the Mega Evolution symbol.

Fast-forward to the Sun & Moon logos:

Any thoughts?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's hard to say because they are such basic crystal designs (whereas the Mega Evo symbol looked a bit like DNA etc), but the only thing worth noting is that they complement each other, so it's pretty safe to say that these games are gonna be really involved in each other's plot.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm almost certain they will have some significance to the legendary mascots. Like you said we had the mega evolution symbols in the X and Y Japanese logos and then in ORAS they included the red/blue orbs. Hard to say at this stage what they could represent, but they seem to be reversed with the gold colored crystal being on the Moon logo whilst the blue coloured crystal being on the Sun logo?

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    I think these crystals, similarly to the orbs of ORAS, will be related to our main legendaries in this game. It would be obvious if the crystals counter-acted the mons, so I say they might be related with summoning those legendaries.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Ah... shards of the Dark Crystal?

In all seriousness, given that they appear in around the same spots as they did on X and Y's logos, it may be a hint at a new mechanic. Or it may hint at legendaries exclusive to both games.

Sirfetch’d

I wonder if they are some type of sun/moon shard that will have an affect on the legendary mascot? :o Based on the logos from XY you would have to assume they are pretty significant!

Years
    Volcanion has yellow diamond shapes on its chest.

I'm also curious about the comet/meteor pokeball in the logo. More evidence that Sun & Moon will have a space theme?

Zet

Years
    Did you make this thread because of the image I posted in the speculation thread? :P
    (image for the curious: https://i.imgur.com/I8OSUXh.jpg)

It could be merging with pokemon or some new super duper shard evolution that's like stone evolution but temporary or maybe something even better... or it could be a hint towards the mascots.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Not really related to the actual discussion, but the crystals are also present in the Chinese logos as well.

pkmin3033

*absently hums the menu theme from Final Fantasy I*

I find it most interesting that they're the opposite colour to what one would expect - the blue crystal for Sun's logo, rather than the orange one - which makes me suspect the two games will tie into one another a little more than previous ones. I still think the games' central plot point will be an eclipse of some description, so perhaps these two crystals will work in tandem with that to...do something to the Legendary in question. Wake it up, power it up, bring it under the control of whoever wields the crystal...take your pick.

pkmin3033

Someone in twitter said it is a fusion with the pokemon. I doubt it but it can be real.
    Well, we've had Pokemon fusion in the past, with Kyurem in B2W2, so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibilities...but then, what would fuse with what, and why?

Would the two mascots come together during the eclipse for whatever reason, maybe? If they were originally one Pokemon, I guess that could make sense. Reshiram/Zekrom were supposed to be one Pokemon, and Kyurem is the corpse leftovers, so the whole fusion thing kinda made sense. But the Sun and the Moon, last I checked, were never originally one celestial body. So yeah, I'd be inclined to agree with you that it probably isn't viable either...although it'd be interesting if it was!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Did you make this thread because of the image I posted in the speculation thread? :P

It could be merging with pokemon or some new super duper shard evolution that's like stone evolution but temporary or maybe something even better... or it could be a hint towards the mascots.
    Pokemon... fusion? It's hard to say. If that is what the crystals are it would likely mean the evil team uses it against you, which would be incredibly interesting. We've never had fusion between a Pokemon and a human before, at least not in a main game. I don't know if Ash Greninja counts as fusion though, as that crystal isn't present and Greninja seems to be borrowing from Ash instead of fusing with him outright.

Years
    Maybe the crystals in the logos might be a physical feature on the mascot legendaries, as in they have crystals somewhere on their bodies.

Reactions: Zet

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Yupp, saw it on Twitter. Wasn't entirely sold on the Pokémon fusion theory, but it's still clear that they're significant for something. Based on the way the colors complement each other, I'm more leaning toward the theory that these are physical features of the mascot legendaries, in some form or another.

Reactions: Zet
    Back