• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those Crystals in the Japanese Logo...

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Theory time. Backwards eclipse story plot threatens destruction of planet! Moon boops da Earth and goes splat in the Sun. The ends!

TLDR: Sun is the one true villain.

Years
    Its either another variant of mega evolution or a form change akin to primal reversal. I hope it is the latter and a reference to divine ascension. The sun and moon are considered celestial bodies so the name should suit the motif.

Last edited:
    Years
    I came across this image on Tumblr, and figured I'd share it to see what it could mean:
    Spoiler:

What do you think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    I watched a video on YouTube, the crystal may lead to a new mechanic: fusion between Pokemon and trainer (!). it has Manga as reference (don't know which manga). Thoughts?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Did you make this thread because of the image I posted in the speculation thread? :P
    (image for the curious: https://i.imgur.com/I8OSUXh.jpg)

It could be merging with pokemon or some new super duper shard evolution that's like stone evolution but temporary or maybe something even better... or it could be a hint towards the mascots.
    That would be so cool. Pokémon-human fusion finally in main game series, ever since Bill got merged with a pokémon in Cerulean!

Years
    I watched a video on YouTube, the crystal may lead to a new mechanic: fusion between Pokemon and trainer (!). it has Manga as reference (don't know which manga). Thoughts?

I think the manga you are talking about is Pokemon ReBURST. Even the anime has done something like it with the Ash-Greninja thing.

pkmin3033

A part of me is actually hoping they're just significant Legendary items. We've had a lot of form changes recently - Mega Evolution, Primal Reversion, etc etc - and it's getting a teensy bit stale. We know we're probably going to wind up with mega evolutions for every final stage Pokemon eventually, but if these are Gen VII titles I'd like to see something that isn't just another form change driving the inevitable Legendary plot. The last three gens have focused on form changes, with Giratina-O, Black/White Kyurem, and then the whole Mega evolution/Primal Reversion thing. Time to shake it up a bit, in my opinion.

Although if these games are a continuation of the XY Mega Evolution thread, I can see the items being similar to Mega stones in some fashion...perhaps another form of alternate evolution, one that ties together the previous two, to reflect a Pokemon in its purest form or something? The Ash-Greninja thing, if it's not an anime-only thing, makes me think a human trainer will be involved in some way - and because it's Game Freak, and they love these cheesy power-of-teamwork kind of things - but I don't think they'll introduce human/Pokemon fusion somehow...there hasn't really been any kind of hint that that's how they'll resolve the threads of the plot left over.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    A part of me is actually hoping they're just significant Legendary items. We've had a lot of form changes recently - Mega Evolution, Primal Reversion, etc etc - and it's getting a teensy bit stale. We know we're probably going to wind up with mega evolutions for every final stage Pokemon eventually, but if these are Gen VII titles I'd like to see something that isn't just another form change driving the inevitable Legendary plot. The last three gens have focused on form changes, with Giratina-O, Black/White Kyurem, and then the whole Mega evolution/Primal Reversion thing. Time to shake it up a bit, in my opinion.

I was just about to say the same thing. (more or less) It's going to get tiring pretty quick if every generation is just going to add some quirky form change gimmick.

I'd like to see these diamonds relate to something a bit more exciting and unique.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    I think the manga you are talking about is Pokemon ReBURST. Even the anime has done something like it with the Ash-Greninja thing.

I think it will make a lot of fans to quit, it just sounds wrong, and too far. Still a personal opinion, of course

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
    The new crystal items are most likely items needed to fuse pokemon like lunatone and solrock who have a counterpart, in this case lunatone and solrock become an eclipse form or something like that.....

Years
    Maybe we'll see Shadow pokemon in the main game such as Shadow Mewtwo. Or perhaps Ferrum will be canon in some form...

If we had Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and XD, and then the Shadow Mewtwo in Pokken Tournament, I'd find it surprising if we finally ended up getting Shadow Pokemon in the main games. However, I do feel it's too soon to introduce a new type, and even then I feel like Dark and Ghost tend to cover that shadow aspect anyway, especially the latter.

Years
    I'm sure that we won't see reburst nor synthergetic evolution. Not until Delta evolution is a thing. Sure, some of it is canon but I feel like one of the main purposes was to expand the formula in different areas.

LavenderLedian

Starting PokéTuber
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    I don't think they will have anything to with Pokemon ReBurst. It may just be a new form to the box legendaries or Ho-oh and Lugia.

Years
    I don't think they will have anything to with Pokemon ReBurst. It may just be a new form to the box legendaries or Ho-oh and Lugia.

I watched a 2-part Top 10 from YouTubers pdwinnall and CandyEvie where they talked about what features they didn't want to see in Sun & Moon, and one was the heavily speculated "fusion" and they do mention that fusion would just be against what we view Pokemon as and would cause the games to change in a controversial way.

I do feel the chance of old legendaries appearing is minimal, so we'll more likely get new mascots rather than Ho-Oh and Lugia returning. I think the crystals might be to do with the mascots, in that they might give them a special power.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I see those crystals as another method of Mega Evolution, which could explain Ash-Greninja as an early bird demonstration of it (giving off Mega Evolution energy from Alan's device).

I watched a 2-part Top 10 from YouTubers pdwinnall and CandyEvie where they talked about what features they didn't want to see in Sun & Moon, and one was the heavily speculated "fusion" and they do mention that fusion would just be against what we view Pokemon as and would cause the games to change in a controversial way.

I wouldn't take the opinions from pdwinnall and CandyEve, since the same video also mentioned wanting Pokémon to abandon complex designs and return to having basic/generic designs from the two generations, which would not only be more of a downgrade but also justify the "Pokémon designs are getting lazier" excuse we've been getting from the more complex-designed Pokémon.

Years
    I wouldn't take the opinions from pdwinnall and CandyEve, since the same video also mentioned wanting Pokémon to abandon complex designs and return to having basic/generic designs from the two generations, which would not only be more of a downgrade but also justify the "Pokémon designs are getting lazier" excuse we've been getting from the more complex-designed Pokémon.

I also remember from their video that CandyEvie mentioned she didn't want more overcomplicated designs. Given the return-to-simplicity approach that seems to be what Game Freak are going for, I'm likely expecting mostly legendaries to be the only "complex" designs. Magearna at least looks not too overdesigned so I'll give that one a pass.

Back