• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tile floors or carpet floors?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
  • I prefer wooden or Pergo flooring. Tiles are nice, but they get cold. Carpet is just straight up nasty and too high maintenance. I'd only get carpet if I had children.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • We have:

Wooden laminate in the front room and dining room.
    Tiles in the kitchen and bathroom.
    Carpet in the bedrooms and on the stairs.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • Every house we've ever been in has been carpeted all the way through (excluding the kitchen and bathrooms), but I prefer tile. The upkeep is easier, and something about it just feels cleaner. I also don't like dropping tiny objects (which I have a lot of; gel pills, pins, earring posts) and immediately losing them in our carpet.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Tiles. Carpets are a chore to clean. Plus I'm allergic to dust mites and there's tons of them living in carpet.

^ pretty much my answer right here. I'm also allergic to dust mites. We've had carpet in the past, and my parents hated it. They were glad to get all tiled floors since it's easier to clean.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I hate carpet with a passion. Only time I like carpet is if it's to like make the area more luxurious or if it's a rug. Otherwise tiles all the way holla

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • I'm a little more fond of carpet, but I think I prefer neither. Tiles are cold and something about them looks really unhygenic to me. I don't care if the floor hasn't been walked on by shoes that have been outside all day, they have an unclean look to me. Carpets are comfy, but they look just as dirty to me.

Wooden flooring all the way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I like carpets, particularly if they're comfortable to walk on. That's assuming they don't get stained, though. I'm also a fan of nicely finished wood flooring. I don't really like tiling, but that's unfortunately what I have in my current apartment. I need to get another rug to put down to cover up some of those tiles!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Where is the option for wooden floor. Nothing compares to a real wood floor. Especially if it's heated!

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I'm actually moving from tile to carpet in this next week when I move apartments!

And I'm ... honestly pretty happy to be going back to carpet? It's easier to clean tiles but carpet is more comfortable to walk on imo. And for whatever reason, I noticed more bugs in my room than when I had carpet a few years ago. ;; Dunno if it's related, though! But anyway, yeah. Carpet.

Years
  • Carpet. Because I can't fall asleep as easily on a tile floor. :(

I kid, I don't try to use the floor as a sleeping place much anymore, but I do prefer carpet over other kinds of materials. Even stuff like wood, although wood's not too bad either I guess. It might be a little bit more of a pain to keep carpet tidy, but I definitely prefer the feel of it on my feet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg ew

tile floors or carpet floors?

We pretty much got rid of carpet floors in Sweden in the 70s. Or so it seems haha. At least I never see carpet floors in modern homes. Perhaps at offices, yea we've actually got carpet floor at my office to make it more quiet (it's an open office space). But it's just so yucky when you think about it. All the things getting spilled and grossed down into that carpet.

I prefer non-carpet floors at all times. I'll put rugs on them if I want them to be softer.

Back