• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toughest E4 member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I had a hard time with Drake in RSE, I hadn't an Ice Pokémon and his Salamence is really mighty !
    I've always feared Dragon Types , so an E4 member harnessing it is tricky for me...

Years
    I never lost to an E4 member before the champion, I came pretty close sometimes with having one pokemon left but I never lost.

Drake from Hoenn was annoying though.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Agatha for me, and I think Shantaul is going to be a pain as well, I saw my little sister battle her. As for the 3rd gen Elite Four; I literally sweeped through that league, it was surprisingly easy and it took like no time. Especially Drake, with a Walrein with Ice Ball, that works the same as Rollout, it's a piece of cake, guaranteed OHKO.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
    I used to find Lorelai (If that's how you spell it) hard. In FR/LG, by the time I got to the Elite Four, my Pokemon would be extremely underleveled, they wouldnt even stand a chance to her first Pokemon.

When I beat FR/LG for the first time recently, I had to train LOADS in Kindle Road before I had a shot at even Victory Road. I'm glad it worked out fine, I SWEPT the Elite Four :D

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Probably the hardest E4 for me has always been Luclin (or whatever the Psychic type guy in DPP is) or Karen. Luclin can sometimes just be annoying in General, plus, you pretty much need to have a fire type to beat his Bronzong and Sinnoh has quite a rarity of them. In fact, DP only let you pick from Two evolutionary lines.

User19sq

The toughest Elite Four member to me has been either Lance or Drake. Them Dragon-types are hard to take down. ^^;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    THE WHOLE DAMN KANTO E4! Even if I somehow beat Lorelei, either Lance or Agatha would wipe the floor with me. And occasionally Bruno.

I still haven't beat them.

^ :(!

I can assure you I was in the same level range as the E4 at the time, but that would just not work out for me. >_>; Ever since, I've been making sure I'd reach at higher levels than the rest, just to be sure I'd be at some kind of advantage. Seriously it didn't even matter that my fire type had an advantage towards say, Lorelei. She'd always find some way to take the stones and fire em at my Pokémon. The Kanto Elite Four was just so annoying for me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It took me ages to beat Shauntal in Black the first time around. When I did manage to beat her for the first time, she'd decimated my team so much that Grimsley had no problem seeing me off. Eventually, I realised that I had to fight her last, which strangely worked in defeating the E4 for the first time. Maybe it was a psychological/telepathic thing that the cartridge was picking up on...?

Physco

2+2=5
    Years
    Lance on Firered and Cynthia from Diamond.
    Lance kept owning me with his dang Dragonite.
    Cynthia was hard too because of her Spiritomb/Garchomp.
    I trick that I learned was to use Dialga for both of them.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Ooh, this one is a tough one, there have been several occasions when I've been stumped by several Elite Four Members. Loreli, Karen, Grimsley, Phoebe, Lucien (Bronzor..) and there's probally more but they're the current ones I remember.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Like Physco said, Lance and Cynthia were the hardest. I had to power-level some in order to defeat them.

Shauntal was also hard, but all I had to do was battle her first. It's easier when you're at full strength.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    The E4 in Sapphire/Ruby was pretty tough for me, but I prevailed! Haha. I love the E4 in Black/White, though, because as hard as they may be you can fight them in whatever order you wish. Still haven't beaten them though. The hardest remains as Drake, in any Gen... in my opinion.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Hmm I have to think back now, Phoebe was a challenge with her ghost types using curse all the time. Lucian was a challenge because ughhh his Bronzong argh! Soooo annoying. Koga.......stupid status problems.

AquaFin

Mudkip Commander
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Cynthia, caused a load of,well about to throw the DS at the wall etc. because of my slow Empoleon not being able to outspeed her Garchomp that was Earthquake spamming. Got so frustrated. Never was able to survive. Only managed to beat her when it used Giga Impact instead. Those days were annoying yet fun somehow.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Not counting the champion I had the most trouble with Drake and Lance back then, oh yeah Lucian too my god was he a tough sob back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back