• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Asta la vista to easy gen 5 cloning as well. Bah humbug on Nintendo's part.

edit: just a thought, that will effectively kill the entire pokecheck site unless gen 6 support is truly added. Hmm, wonder how they feel about that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Suppose good thing is no more Gen 4/5 QTT, like anyone ever uses it anyways

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    It uses the GTS which is controlled by Nintendo so say goodbye to older gens and trading forever

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Unbutter your toast 'cause to use Pokecheck you need to connect through Nintendo Wi-Fi. Whenever Nintendo was having issues we couldnt use Pokecheck. ;(

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    It had to happen some time, EV. It costs money to run those servers, and it's a waste of that money to support outdated tech. The Wii and DS are getting really old. Anyway, I'm glad I have a Save Dongle so I can still do cool stuff without needing Pokecheck. :P

You also have to realize that so much more than Pokemon is affected, it's not like they're specifically trying to cut off Pokemon trading.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    You're lucky Necrum that's all. The rest of us are all left in the dark. Nintendo has now made all my games except X unusable on wifi, which is only reason I play them. Thanks Nintendo thanks a lot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sucks to see it go, but I was expecting this to happen at some point; it was set in stone. Lucky, though, you could still connect your DS systems via Download Play, since that doesn't use Internet. :]

Years
    :::unbutters his toast:::::
    Dang, I knew that had to be too good to be true.
    I need to open up the laptop and see what else I need to pull off my computer then.

.pkmn files, welcome back to life again!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    You're lucky Necrum that's all. The rest of us are all left in the dark. Nintendo has now made all my games except X unusable on wifi, which is only reason I play them. Thanks Nintendo thanks a lot.
    We have til May silly. Don't act like it was a sudden shut down :P

Seems like most trading has migrated to Gen 6 anyway. Plus didn't you order a Power Save? You'll be fine.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    This doesn't really effect me. Trading was a pain on previous Gens for me. Gen 5 rarely worked and Gen 4? Who the hell uses a WEP connection? I wonder if Pokécheck and Pokégen will be upgrading to Gen 6 anytime soon.

At least they gave us Pokébank. This truly smashes the competition with Pokécheck. Now you almost have to purchase Pokébank, the price is laughable on the plus side.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I really need to get Fly.... there will soon be a point where I cant reasonably walk to the Daycare!

Does Powersave work on regular DS games?

from what I've heard, no, but... I don't think I've seen anyone actually TEST it.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I really need to get Fly.... there will soon be a point where I cant reasonably walk to the Daycare!

from what I've heard, no, but... I don't think I've seen anyone actually TEST it.

Fly actually isn't too far from where you are in game. You have to loop back around to Lumoise anyway. Not sure if I spelled that right.

Unrelated topic and I'm only talking here because this is where I socialize. A friend messaged me on Skype in regards to whether I would be playing Diablo 3 again due to a new patch. I have to say that game is why I lost so much faith in Blizzard Entertainment. Some changes sound nice but overall how does one company continue to make a game overall worse and worse? Like the release wasn't bad enough...

For anybody that doesn't know I used to be a sponsored gamer. I used to game all day, stream often and overall my whole life revolved around gaming. While it was nice terrible games can kill motivation. I did gear give aways and everything as I was sponsored and got free stuff often to just give away to my viewers. Razor was my biggest sponsor. Smaller energy drink companies to sponsor 24 hour streams etc. I can't bring myself to go back to that terrible damage.

Just when I was thinking of going to check out other games again, I'm here to stay Trade Corner!! More Pokémon for me it seems.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    We have til May silly. Don't act like it was a sudden shut down :P

Seems like most trading has migrated to Gen 6 anyway. Plus didn't you order a Power Save? You'll be fine.

May is not that far off... and it's not that Pokemon games are the only ones affected. ALL Wii and DS games that connect over the internet are effected by this. And in most cases the servers are not being operated by Nintento, but by their third party developers.

Up until October I was playing Rock Band 3 EVERY NIGHT(which was due to moving... my instruments are still in storage but I planed to get them back out as soon as the snow melts and I can get to them easier). I have bought around 400 DLC songs for the game. Harmonix always promised that due to the limitations on storage of the Wii that you could delete songs to make room for others and always go re-download your music without having to re-purchase. I have done exactly that on a few occassions. I was connecting most nights to the internet to find people to play with online. That was a huge part of my life that will go away.

I am sure that many people here also have other favorite games other than Pokemon that will be effected by this. It is no small move. And May seems like it is far off, but for those of us that use that service DAILY.... three months is not very far off at all.

I had every intent of RNGing a living dex collection of Dream World Pokemon... cloning them through Pokecheck so I could keep them in Gen V and transfer them to Gen VI. I'm on a massive clean sweep now, RNGing for IV's only and not caring about nature (I BARELY cared about Nature before anyway).

Oh, and we rely on the Wii internet for our Netflix... We do not get cable because of Netflix. So, yeah. Major pain in the but news.

Years
    May is not that far off... and it's not that Pokemon games are the only ones affected. ALL Wii and DS games that connect over the internet are effected by this. And in most cases the servers are not being operated by Nintento, but by their third party developers.

Up until October I was playing Rock Band 3 EVERY NIGHT(which was due to moving... my instruments are still in storage but I planed to get them back out as soon as the snow melts and I can get to them easier). I have bought around 400 DLC songs for the game. Harmonix always promised that due to the limitations on storage of the Wii that you could delete songs to make room for others and always go re-download your music without having to re-purchase. I have done exactly that on a few occassions. I was connecting most nights to the internet to find people to play with online. That was a huge part of my life that will go away.

I am sure that many people here also have other favorite games other than Pokemon that will be effected by this. It is no small move. And May seems like it is far off, but for those of us that use that service DAILY.... three months is not very far off at all.

I had every intent of RNGing a living dex collection of Dream World Pokemon... cloning them through Pokecheck so I could keep them in Gen V and transfer them to Gen VI. I'm on a massive clean sweep now, RNGing for IV's only and not caring about nature (I BARELY cared about Nature before anyway).

Oh, and we rely on the Wii internet for our Netflix... We do not get cable because of Netflix. So, yeah. Major pain in the but news.

Ah dang I forgot all about the Netflix thing...ugh...

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Ah dang I forgot all about the Netflix thing...ugh...

Funny... Netflix recently paid Comcast to open up more band width for Netflix suscribers because of the high percentage of people who use it(and the high level of complaints on interrupted service from Comcast subscribers who felt it was slow). Most of my friends who use Netflix do so through their Wii. A part of me wonders how much traffic through the WFC is Netflix related.... and I wonder if Netflix will step in and offer to pay Nintendo to keep those servers running silimar to the deal they did with Comcast. It's wishful thinking perhaps.

Time will tell how this impacts people.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Wow, I didn't even think about Netflix using the Wii's WFC to connect! Dang! I use that thing in my bedroom. Oh well, I'll just have to use my Chromecast...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back